[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me >Overweight >Go on diet >Can only drink water
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 20
File: So accurate it hurts.png (269 KB, 459x498) Image search: [Google]
So accurate it hurts.png
269 KB, 459x498
>Be me
>Overweight
>Go on diet
>Can only drink water and eat light meals
>Just want pizza, burgers, soda, fries, junk food, etc.
>MFW

I don't know how fucking normies stay fit and diet, healthy food is so unappetizing and it doesn't even fill me up. Also don't even get me started on water, water has no fucking taste, I want to taste my beverage. It's like I'm drinking fucking air, if you want to eat fucking salads and shit then go for it. But I'd like to enjoy my cheeseburger and pizza, at least I'm enjoying my food. Also don't say "Just cook for yourself anon, you can make taste healthy stuff if you cook it"

I can't cook for shit, I can make cereal, and utilize a microwave, oven, and toaster. That's it. I don't know how to cook"delicious healthy dishes" from scratch.
>>
>>29661811
I just failed a technical interview today, you know what I did, I immediately went out and bought 6 hamburgers and 3 large fries from Carls Jr. Food just makes me feel good, nothing else does.
>>
>>29661811
There's a thing called a cookbook m8, it gives hundreds of cooking recipes step by step.

There's hundreds of thousands of recipes online too, just one quick search into google.
>>
>>29661811
just get /fit/
>>
>>29661811
Go on a ketosis diet. Only eat protein and fats, absolutely no carbs. It completely killed my desire for junk food. The only time that I want sugary products is when I break my diet to have a beer that has carbs in it.
>>
>>29661811
Fast food is ADDICTIVE. The best chemists in the world are hired to make them so (instead of doing things that help humanity).

You have to fight it. Eat too much of it and it'll destroy your body and eventually kill you. Stop wanting inside of you. It's the jew of foods.

I don't know how to cook all that well either, but I make vegetable soup and chili and got OK with using spices and I like it. I use a lot of spices because I know I'm addicted to superflavor. If doesn't taste A LOT I'm just gonna obsess over fast food again.
>>
who /500club/ here?
>>
If you do intense exercise often you can pretty much eat what you like. I mean, you'll still be a little unhealthy, but you'll build muscle and burn fat at least.
>>
File: download.png (6 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
download.png
6 KB, 205x246
im a month in and my body is sore and i got gassy bowl from all the veggies i eat i can barely move, my muscles are sore
>>
that's why you do a cheat day once a week.

really the food memes are pretty stupid to be honest and a money scam. if you sleep right and keep yourself busy/active, you will never be hungry no matter how braindead or fat you are.

accept that being fat means you are a worthless sack of shit who is dying fast and that stress will spoil any need for pizza throughout the week.

if you still manage to be a fat fuck after a year, then you were never serious about this shit and just wanted some attention.
>>
You can still eat that stuff, just not as much since you have to watch your calories.
>>
File: 1467411219102.png (821 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
1467411219102.png
821 KB, 707x1000
track your fucking calories

there's so much bullshit around dieting

you can lose weight eating pizza, you just need to keep it to about 2100 calories per day

repeat for a few months and you will have dropped a shitton of weight

t. lost 50 pounds from calorie tracking and nothing else
>>
File: Medical_complication_obesity.jpg (34 KB, 424x318) Image search: [Google]
Medical_complication_obesity.jpg
34 KB, 424x318
>>29661811
>healthy food is so unappetizing and it doesn't even fill me up. A
Jesus Christ, man. Learn to count your calories so you don't undereat because it looks like what normies eat. Learn to cook. Yeah, I said it. LEARN TO COOK. Learn to grocery shop. Learn to eat at your macro goals for a day. Learn your options for meals, snacks, drinks, etc.

You're a deformed retard and you're gonna suffer and die young because of it if you don't start doing that stuff no matter how hard it is to you.
>>
File: IMG_20150715_163122.jpg (1000 KB, 2304x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150715_163122.jpg
1000 KB, 2304x2304
Good stay fat you lazy slob, I'll be over here eating my salmon and rice and banging your crush this weekend while you shove that delicious food down your fat face

Pic related
>>
>>29661811
If it makes you feel any better, know that that craving for shitty salty fatty sugary delicious food will never go away.
>>
>>29663950
What weight were you at before you lost all that weight?
>>
>>29663970
I'm not a fan of obesity but what's wrong with dying young?
>>
>lost 50lbs this year
>still drink...just less
>still eat burgers... just toss the bun
>still eat pizza... just a personal pan pizza instead of 4 slices of the bigger ones

You can do it anon. I've got a half pint of vodka ready to go with a mountain dew and I'm only at half of my daily calories so far. Count everything!
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 523x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 523x420
>>29663985
>15" arms
>bragging
>>
>diet healthy foods
those are garbage foods man.
>>29661954
this. with a cookbook you can make low calorie meals that taste fucking amazing. and don't worry and start giving the whole "but I don't know how to cook" bullshit. they make cookbooks for idiots too, it breaks down what you need to do into really fucking simple steps.
>>
Easy
Eat foods with little calories that fill you up, if you're a fatass you'll be able to eat a lot AND still lose weight. Chicken breast, for example, has 150 to 200 calories per 100g. Brown rice is around 360 calories per 100g. Buy an oven spice mix, throw that shit onto 300g of chicken breast, brown rice on top of that and eat. Some fish also have very few calories (hake for example is like 60 per 100g). You can still stuff your fat mouth with it.
>>
>reading this thread while eating less than 1200 calories a day and under 20g of carbs.

Don't mind me, just on my way to single digit bodyfat
>>
>>29663950
>you can lose weight eating pizza
everything can fuck up ur diet, even a can of soda
literally depends on the person, there are people that can run through 3 cans like its nothing
>>
>>29663992

248 to 198

went back to 214 over a year

went back on tracking 4 weeks ago and I'm already at 204 - aiming for 180 this time

it's important to find things that are (a) lowish calories and (2) filling and (3) don't make you puke with disgust

fruit smoothies are a thing for me now - 1 cup of frozen fruit, half a banana, a cup of no-sugar almond milk, 2 tsp of xylitol and that's about 170 calories for breakfast - takes out my sugar craving for the morning

plus zero calorie jello for when you just have to eat something right now

but you have to find your own things of course
>>
>>29664045
Doing just about the same thing, just not worry about specifics like carbs. Down to 116 at 5' 9.5, aiming for a little lower. You can do it anon!
>>
>>29664041
the calories thing is a meme
some people need 2k and some 4k a day it depends on how big you are
you can take all of your 3 meals a day and divide them to 8 small meals so you won't feel hungry
>>
Drink diet soda. Easy!
>>
>>29664091
I'm same height but 125lb

Have your cheeks sunken in yet? I'm trying to get a defined face.
>>
>be me
>be of normal weight
>drink 20+ lbs of water per day
>at least 15lbs of water weight at all times
Re. I can't stop drinking water, it's so good.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-04-22-27-41.png (304 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-04-22-27-41.png
304 KB, 1080x1920
>>29663985
Fat people will never know this feel
>>
File: 1465299399958.jpg (91 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465299399958.jpg
91 KB, 500x500
>Just want pizza, burgers, soda, fries, junk food, etc.
Once you get passed you addiction to salt and sugar real food will start tasting good. At that point you want even want junk food. Hell, fast food tastes terrible to me since I left it behind.

>read nutritional guidelines on food
>sugar is mostly the enemy
>try not to go over 2000 calories a day
>don't eat as much white bread
>chew minty gum to curve desire for junk
it's simple shit, don't over-complicate dieting, it doesn't need to be a big part of your day
>>
>>29664164
ur body is a joke anon?
>>
File: 2016-01-15 01.21.09.png (524 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-15 01.21.09.png
524 KB, 1080x1920
>>29663985
>>29664164
>>29664221
No more like a work of art desu

Lol at all the fatties cucking themselves with food
>>
>>29663285
What are you eating? Do you not like eggs in the morning?
Do you not enjoy chicken?
You can make yourself personal size pizzas and fill that up with Spinach,mushrooms, other veggies and a little bit of cheese
If you get sugar cravings that drink a cold diet soda
make yourself a turkey sandwhich for lunch.

You don't have to eat stuff you don't like
>>
>>29661811
>I can't cook for shit, I can make cereal, and utilize a microwave, oven, and toaster. That's it. I don't know how to cook"delicious healthy dishes" from scratch.

Nigger shut the fuck up. Everyone can cook.

If you know how to follow instructions, you can cook 90% of meals. The only ones you can't are le ebik "my food is art" meals or desserts for people with their heads up their asses.

Take x, y and z ingredient and do 1, 2 and 3 prep with it.
If something is vague, google it. "How do I know when my eggs are whisked enough for x dish?"
Put the mix of ingredients in a certain order or just mash them together and cook for however long it says.

Cooking is as easy as following modding instructions for a game. Following a walkthrough or hell, installing software. Can you download a game and get it to run? Then you sure as hell can cook.

Just actually do what's said and don't half-ass it like a nigger and you will get a finished meal as described.
>>
File: 1391056184023.gif (682 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1391056184023.gif
682 KB, 500x281
>>29664213
>don't eat as much white bread
>TFW I eat a lot of turkey sandwiches and PB&J sandwiches, all on white bread.
>TFW sometimes I just would take like 4 pieces of white bread and cover it in peanut butter
>TFW I go through peanut butter like crack, same for white bread.

I weigh 172 lbs but I'm 5'4 (Yes I'm a manlet) and I know weighing that much with such a short height is terrible, according to the BMI scale someone of my height as a male should weigh like 140. Also I have a lot of fat on my stomach, like I have a beer gut. It's not wonder I'm not pushing 200 lbs with how unhealthy I eat, I just started the diet yesterday though.

I'm drinking nothing but water and green tea, also I guess I'll stay away from white bread now, even though it's like crack to me. I know I've been eating under 2,000 calories so far, so guess that's good. I actually think I'm only eating like 1,000 calories a day, is that bad? I really haven't been eating much in the last 2 or 3 days, I'm just trying to drop this belly fat. I want my beer gut to go away, also I'm trying to lose like 20 lbs.
>>
>>29661811
>I can't cook for shit

What a dweeb
>>
>>29665373
Bread, especially white bread, turns into sugar which turns into fat.

I eat a lot of sandwiches too. I get thin slices and cut the crust off.
>>
if you're one of those people that complains about having to drink water you might as well just remove yourself from the gene pool
>>
>>29665429
You don't understand, I was eating white bread sandwiches everyday, sometimes I just fucking smeared peanut butter on several slices of bread and shoved it in my mouth. I was going through a loaf of white bread in under a week.

>>29665450
Look, I get that as humans we need water to survive and it's an important liquid for us. But I'm just saying that water has no taste, it's like I have to force myself to drink it because it isn't as appealing as milk, soda, tea, juice, etc.
Maybe it's an acquired taste, like people who drink tons of water everyday just do it so much that it doesn't bother them. I know you can buy flavoring stuff to put into your water and make it taste like ice tea or lemonade though.

I'm not saying water is shit, I don't mind ice cold water on a hot day but I prefer soda, milk, juice, tea, etc. over water any day of the week. Also I'm aware water has a multitude of health benefits, I get that, I just want it to TASTE good and not like anything.
>>
>>29665373
If youre eating 1k calories a day you are going to have bad times ahead
>>
>>29665602
>You don't understand
>I was going through a loaf of white bread in under a week.
That's all? I used to get whole loves of uncut french bread to make one giant sandwich. I'd eat it in a single day. I used to eat sour dough raw, like with a fork

>it's like I have to force myself to drink it because it isn't as appealing as milk, soda, tea, juice, etc.
You shouldn't be drinking water looking for pleasure. You drink it to accompany what you're eating and to stay hydrated.
>>
I noticed that I ate fast food a lot for breakfast to have something to look forward too before work. I'm not overweight but I was able to stop that completely by subbing the fast food for something else like a low carb energy drink. It can be anything really, just something to look forward to and preferably can be picked up at a grocery store.
>>
>>29665673
Yeah, I figured as much. Well shit, guess I need to start eating more.

>>29665703
>You shouldn't be drinking water looking for pleasure. You drink it to accompany what you're eating and to stay hydrated.

Fuck that, I want to enjoy my beverage. Why do I have to drink water and not enjoy it? I'd rather add some flavoring into my water so it at least taste appealing, also adding flavoring into it isn't really making it fattening. It's probably making it sweeter but you're still drinking water, it's probably way healthier than drinking a soda.

>>29665751
I would think any energy drink would be unhealthy for you, even if it is low carb.
>>
>>29665763
>Why do I have to drink water and not enjoy it?
Then enjoy it. Maybe your tap is shit. Get a Britta filter to make tasty purified water. But FFS do not put sugar in your water.
>>
>>29665862
Get a soda stream and start drinking fizzy water w lime (or buy it if its cheaper)

I drink about 8 of those a day. Water is boring as fucking but I like soda water with a slice of lemon and lime. That helps keep the scurvy away...
>>
>>29665862
Can I put fucking anything in my water to enhance the taste? Anything at all?!? Jesus Christ....
>>
>>29665883
Actually would carbonated water be healthy to drink? I might start picking up a case of it from now on, I just don't know if I'll get the same health benefits from drinking carbonated water as I would regular water.

You know? That bubbly fizzy water, I guess it's called Soda Water.
>>
>>29665883
>>29665888
Carbonated water is actually a good idea. You can buy in a can, or make your own.
>>
>>29665920
it's literally the same thing except it's got bubbles

and lime/lemon flavoring adds nothing except the flavor
>>
>>29665958
But that's what I want, I want the flavor so I can enjoy drinking water without the non-taste factor.
>>
>>29665987
If you add flavor to it, it's not water anymore.
>>
File: 1461644459991.png (106 KB, 1080x1200) Image search: [Google]
1461644459991.png
106 KB, 1080x1200
>>29665995
true
it changes the molecular composition

but that doesn't mean that it's "unhealthy"
>>
>>29665995
Then what is it? If I put flavoring into water, it's still water but just flavored water. I don't get your logic, I see plenty of flavored water beverages on the shelves in stores. I guess it's more like a fruity beverage but it's just flavoring mixed with water, you're still drinking water.
>>
>>29666030
The point of water is that it has none of the bullshit that makes people fat and lazy. Whether it's sugars, fake sugars, carbonation or anything else. You can still call it water but you just shitted on the reason why you should be fucking drinking it.
>>
Just so you know the only good canned flavored water is La Croix or HEB brand. Generic brands are always shit.

do NOT buy the Wal-Mart brand. It tastes like what i imagine a urinal cake would taste like

coconut water is also good but expensive
>>
>>29666087
I think my knees might be kind of valuable to me, anon
>>
>>29665920
Its fine. Just make sure its not the club soda with sodium. Drink Perrier or San Peligrino if its cheap where you live.

Euros drink that shit all day erry day and its like 39 cents for a 2L. (Which is what it should be because its fucking WATER)
>>
>Eat nothing but junk food
>Knock back more than the recommended amount of energy drinks per day every day
>Beers after work even more on off days
>Still skinny despite having a beer gut

I do get forced to exercise almost every weekday morning and conduct a 12 mile ruck march with IOTV, ballistic plates, kevlar inserts, fighting load minus the ammunition, M4A1 Rifle, Boots and a 50lbs ruck sack about every 3 weeks though.

You wanna lose weight OP? Go hump a ruck sack around once every few days. Your knees might get shit on but you'll lose a shitload of weight if you're a fatty.

>>29666112
Then start with a light load. Start with a light load and low distance. I suggest 2 miles your first time. 2 miles in 30 minutes with a 20lbs pack. Gradually work up to what I do 12 miles at. I can do 12 miles with a full combat load + rucksack in just under 3 hours. Its not impossible. Prior to enlisting as a combat medic I was sedentary for 7 years and very skinny.

IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU. NEVER GIVE UP.
>>
>>29661811
i feel the same OP
seriously original
>>
>>29666150
>Perrier or San Peligrino
America doesn't have high quality carbonated mineral water and I wish we did. A case of import costs about as much as soda does. It's not worth it at all.
>>
File: 1466989445621.jpg (452 KB, 1199x1649) Image search: [Google]
1466989445621.jpg
452 KB, 1199x1649
Just go to /thinspo/ and let the numerous qt ana grills motivate you to become skelly.
>>
>>29665763
>I would think any energy drink would be unhealthy for you, even if it is low carb.
sure its unhealthy but its not going to make you fat. We're talking about fat, not being healthy.
>>
File: noooo kitty.gif (419 KB, 250x140) Image search: [Google]
noooo kitty.gif
419 KB, 250x140
>>29666457
>getting fit for that
I literally recoiled from my screen
>>
>>29666457
I knew a girl in college who was probably this skinny, she use to drink nothing but tea and was kind of a hippie/hipster and what not. But she had fiery red hair and was so gorgeous, it's hard to find true red head beauties for some reason. I've only seen a handful in my lifetime so far.
>>
>>29661811
BABY STEPS FATTY MCFATFUCK
You're addicted to the massive amounts of sugar and other nasty gunk your body is used to consuming. You can't just go full health Nazi right away. You can't just "diet" or you'll go back to stuffing yourself.
Switch to lightly sweetened tea, juices are good, even the cheap mondo sugar juices are better than soda. Chicken is your friend and if you can't make chicken delicious without deep frying, take five minutes to read a recipe or two. Vegetables and rice and beans to go with the chicken. Just pay attention to protein and fat. You NEED to workout and that is a process as well. Go for walks, do some light calisthenics, you'll get accustomed and start wanting more. I takes time and dedication to changing your whole lifestyle, and you will always have goals to meet. Took me a year to go from 265 to 185, another 4 months to get to 165, and then I realized that I went from fatty to scrawny pussy. Past two months I started lifting and now I'm 180 and I STILL CAN'T BENCH MY WEIGHT but I hit 165 today and considering I struggled with 115 two months ago I consider that progress. Bt that's a total of a year and a half and I am no where near what I want. I getting there and you can too.
My cooking materials are a hot plate and a toaster oven, you don't have an excuse. I'm dirt poor. Healthy cooking is cheaper and quicker than fast food, you just fell for the marketing schemes.
>>
>>29661811
Who /fastfoodeveryday/ here?

Fast food/fast casual makes up like 90% of my diet and has for about 5 years straight. I try to vary it up and not combine 2 meals in a day that have either super high fat or super high sodium so my levels probably aren't any worse than the average american. I also eat slightly under 2,000 cals in a day.

I'm going to change very soon, but honestly I'm seemingly not in terrible shape at all. Only thing is I've been putting on some water weight recently and have gyno
>>
>>29662056
This guy is 100% correct. After you've spoiled yourself with too much shitty food, anything else feels less satisfying. You've just got to fight it.
>>
>tfw everything other than water, vegetables, fruit, nuts and grain products absolutely fucking disgusts you and you refuse to eat it
>>
>>29666457
It boggles my mind that women think this is an ideal body. Lift some fucking weights.
>>
Get a slowcooker anons. A big bag of chicken thighs and some slow-cooker sauce is meals for days.
>>
>>29666598
>My cooking materials are a hot plate and a toaster oven, you don't have an excuse. I'm dirt poor. Healthy cooking is cheaper and quicker than fast food, you just fell for the marketing schemes.

I'm poor and cheap as well, can you share what you cook/buy/eat?
>>
>>29666706
Eggs, rice, various beans, chicken, ground beef, pasta, frozen bags of vegetables, bread, bologna, "cheese", ramen. I'll spend a hundred bucks and eat for a couple of months. Look for the best deals and buy cheap garbage, and don't skimp on the coupons.
>>
>>29662025
This is pretty much the silver bullet for fatties like OP.
I used to hate water too. Tasted like grass and dirt.
First thing I did was cut sugar out of my diet. Even fruit - until the cravings subsided.
You know what happened? I lost 50 pounds with no exercise or other effort. That was like 80% of the battle. Water is fucking delicious now, and I drink like a fish because I enjoy it.
Basically, OP's tastebuds are ruined by sugar. Your tastebuds WILL adapt and you will be able to notice the subtle sweetness of things like peppers and tomatoes.

I just finished a huge meal of fatty meat, butter, assorted veggies, and cheese. And it's the most satisfying thing I know how to make. I lost even more weight while eating like this and never felt better, and hardly ever get hungry anymore. It's perfect for faggots like OP who have no willpower.
>>
I know this fucking feel anon.
>Eat good for a week
>Fucking starving from the small portions
>Crave sugar
>Eat one bad meal and completely cave

Still, cooming healthy ain't hard. Toss some fish in the oven for twenty minutes. Boil of some potatoes or greens or make some rice or beans

Not that hard
>>
>>29666706
>>29666867
Something I do for a treat is find a receipt from this one gas station near me, litter, fill out a survey online and write the code on the receipt and I get a free doughnut. Little things like that help when you're a minimum wagecuck trying to pay rent alone on 25-30 hours a week.
>>
>>29666955
>>29666867
I figured rice was fattening as shit, I mean I guess you can eat as much white rice as you want. And same for beans I take it, but I liked baked beans, or ranch style beans. I figured that shit is fattening, so what kind of rice and beans are we talking here?
>>
>>29661811
Fuck, I have the same problems, except I'm not overweight. 130 lbs at 5'9.
Anything I can eat at all that isn't a fucking cheeseburger or a burrito won't fill me up. I can eat tons of homemade chicken or pork for hours because it doesn't do anything for me.
I can only drink water with meals because otherwise, it almost nauseates me.
It sucks, dude.
>>
>>29667007
The shit in the bags, not the minute rice and canned shit. I don't know what's fattening about rice unless you fell for the carbohydrates=bad meme. It's filling, cheap and easy. Beans take more prep time but it's just like remembering to thaw your meat, remember to soak your beans. Cannd shit is bad because of the salty sauce but beans have a great brotein:fat ratio
>>
>>29667156
I don't have a rice cooker so not sure how I can cook rice in the bag, unless you can cook it in the microwave. Also I've never made my own beans, I usually buy canned beans. I know you can buy dry beans and like heat them up/cook them yourself I suppose.
>>
you can tell you're going to step into the bastion of nutritional ignorance just by reading that OP.

baked chicken is healthy for you, if you think that's disgusting then you are fucked. you've been fucked over by your parents for letting you eat twinkies for dinner.
>>
JUST DRINK COFFEE PROBLEM SOLVED
>>
>>29667186
Do you have a stove, anon?
>>
Learn to cook then.

Learn to use a bbq grill for delicious meat.
Learn to use a rice cooker for delicious pulled pork or shredded chicken.

Learn to cook on low heat and have patience.
Follow easy recipes.

Cooking is a science OP.
You can be a wizard and learn to portion out the food and cook it right.

Im fat as fuck too, i love cooking and drinking at the same time
>>
and people talking about not feeling full.. there's a reason you have a balanced diet.
part of being balanced is consuming fiber. fiber is what makes you feel full.
>>
>>29667201
I never once said baked chicken was unhealthy for you, I love baked chicken, rice, beans, vegetables, fish, etc.

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>29661811
Then either:
Learn how to cook
or
Eat your junk foot and stop complaining about what other people eat
>>
>>29667212
Oh shit, I'm retarded. I forgot you can cook rice on the stove, I'm just so use to hearing people use rice cookers lol

>>29667236
>How does it feel having no self control?

Pretty bad, but why don't you ask the millions of other Americans who are struggling to maintain a diet and lose weight. Why the fuck do you think the diet/exercise market is a billion dollar industry.
>>
>>29667229
>healthy food is so unappetizing and it doesn't even fill me up
and i said if you don't like it, you're fucked.
how can you not understand what i'm talking about?
this is why you're fat. because you only understand what you want to understand.
>>
>>29667186
>rice cooker
lmao
Remember I'm working with a hot plate, a toaster oven and literally a single pot and a single pan. It's boiling water, it's not rocket appliances hoss.
>>
>>29663985
pic is fake, its not anon.

ive seen this posted in a thread before
>>
>tfw like eating healthy food anyway
>not a fan of hard candy, soft drinks or excessively fattening foods
>Most unhealthy thing i like is probably super rich chocolate deserts.
>On a diet so have to stop myself from eating too much of it else i will just get fatter instead of smaller.

I've lost 15kg (33 pounds) already at least.
>>
Try some ethbic shit dawg. Indians are the kings of healthy / vegan cooking. Some nice curry with pea pods and tofu is tasty at FUCK, and its easy to put garlic on torillas to make cheap naan bread.
>>
>>29662056
If you lack the will to fight fast food then you honestly shouldnt be called an adult.
>>
>>29667291
Are you in a SRO?

>>29667266
rice + twice as much water as rice
add rice to boiling water, turn heat to low
add spices, put on lid
stir occasionally
20 minutes later you got rice, mane

I say say a slowcooker is the bomb
>cook pulled pork overnight
>wake up, pork's done, cook beans in the pork liquid and water
>>
>>29667338
>If you lack willpower you aren't an adult

I honestly hate the whole "If you can't do X then you aren't an adult" that's a subjective opinion at best, though I suppose some things are universal to be considered an adult. I just don't think you should dictate or tell someone what constitutes "being an adult"
>>
File: str vs dex.jpg (63 KB, 396x540) Image search: [Google]
str vs dex.jpg
63 KB, 396x540
>>29661811
>healthy food is so unappetizing
Then find the healthy food that's the most appetizing. Used to drink nothing but coke, now I drink sparkling water because I ended up liking it more than just drinking normal water.
>>
>>29667361
So you just take a bag of beans and pour it into the slow cooker after the pork is done? Sounds simply enough, you people should understand I live off frozen dinners and canned goods. I usually never bothered cooking stuff from scratch, give me a break.
>>
>>29667156
Carbs aren't "bad", provided you exercise vigorously. If you don't, it'll just send your blood sugar up and then plummeting back down making you hungry again in 4 hours. Then you end up eating tiny portions and being a miserable faggot like this guy.
>>29666955
Low carb/high fat works because it kills your appetite and takes the "sacrifice" out of weight loss.
>>
>>29667361
a what now
i live in a trailer park idk what sro is
>>
>>29667367
Willpower virtue is one of the key stones in showing if someone will be a success or not.

Literally a study was done with kids. Each group was told to be in a room with a fucking marshmellow and if they didnt eat it for an hour they would get a bag full.

Every child that ate the marshmellow without any will to not. Over the course of years after the study proved to have much less beneficial lives than those who did not and waited.
>>
Eat tons of fruits and vegetables, OP. They're low in calories, so you can eat a lot and still lose weight.

Watermelon, grapes, pineapples, and apples are good fruits for weight loss. Any non-starch vegetable (not potatoes, corn, sweet potatoes, etc) is very low in calories. Mostly fill up on these.
>>
>>29667427
Yeah but I already mentioned that you need to workout regardless
>>
>>29667400
It's better if you soak the beans first. When you put the pork in before bed, take the beans out of the bag and into some water, and let it sit all night. Then dump all the water it before you throw the beans in the pot with the pork juice and some extra water (the beans absorb the water and make them soft)

>>29667444
Single Room Occupancy. Like 1920's motels that a lot of homeless people get sent to to get them off the streets in California. I was wondering because I had almost the same setup (hot plate, slowcooker, microwave access) when I lived in one.
>>
File: get me outta here.jpg (71 KB, 661x721) Image search: [Google]
get me outta here.jpg
71 KB, 661x721
>Only healthy food I like is chicken salad
>Everyday I have chicken salad because I can't think of anything else that's safe to eat
>Never loose weight because I blew all the effort on eating something tastey from a restaurant
>Been having chicken salad for lunch everyday for about 6 months

I just want to stop eating chicken salad.
>>
>>29667457
>Comparing apples to oranges

Nice job pulling a study out of thin air that has nothing to do with our current topic, nice red herring anon. I agree willpower has a role to play in whether or not someone loses weight, but I live a decent life and I'm not as healthy or thin as I'd like to be. Me not exercising or losing weight isn't going to lower my quality of life, I was content before I decided to start dieting/losing weight.
>>
File: received_1648809672111712.jpg (147 KB, 1440x1372) Image search: [Google]
received_1648809672111712.jpg
147 KB, 1440x1372
>>29661811
I had this for dinner
>>
>>29667512
My local Sam's Club (Basically Costco for those that don't know it) has the BEST FUCKING CHICKEN SALAD in the world, I can't remember the brand name but I can eat a WHOLE CARTON of it in one sitting. It's like eating a whole carton of ice cream and then hating yourself afterwards, that's how I am with chicken salad.

I know your pain anon

>>29667529
Fuck you now I'm hungry and it's too late for me to eat anything, I heard it isn't good to eat late at night.
>>
>>29667520
The study was about delayed gratification, which has broad application.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_gratification
>>
>>29667520
Funny how its "thin air" when you didnt even google or do research. Your content and your actual success are two different things entirely. Whatever you say doesnt matter.

I was blessed with a good body, dont smoke, drink nor eat fast shitty food. All due to my own logical thinking of "why eat nonsense and use substances that damags the body I need to live".

People wonder why companies produce this death for you to use. Its cause many are just plain stupid and idiotic. I cant respect many people in this thread.
>>
>>29667551
aw man I wish I could send you some though anon this is godly pizza I'm not gonna lie, also eating late is a meme (as your body does most digesting at night) just don't over eat but it's okay to snack. have toast or something
>>
>>29667614
You're essentially saying you can't respect overweight people, or those that have problems controlling their weight.

Just be honest, it's fine though because lots of people discriminate or dislike overweight people. I'm the same way, I'm not obese or massively overweight but when I see a large person who is morbidly obese/fat. I tend to stare, or think to myself "Man that sucks, I'd hate to be that guy" and I look down on them. But by your logic you're just saying "I can't respect anyone who eats fast food, drinks, or smokes" and I agree smoking and drinking are terrible, but millions eat fast food everyday and millions of people drink alcohol everyday.

You're essentially saying you have no respect for millions of people and that everyone who drinks or eats fast food is retarded. I mean, you can have an opinion but it's a pretty coincided one. You're no different than the assholes who brag about being organic and eating natural foods, they have to brag about it to people.

Like fucking vegetarians, it's just so obnoxious.
>>
File: 1447235025244.png (588 KB, 1000x714) Image search: [Google]
1447235025244.png
588 KB, 1000x714
>>29667457
>>29667520

Yup, bretty much desu

If you are unable to impose your own will over your bodily urges on a consistent basis, you are LITERALLY a nigger. Because what is the most quintessentially negroidal attitude? Acting impulsively, living in the moment and completely unable to think for the future.

And to everyone else in this thread, you should really learn to cook healthy meals on your own rather than relying off of the processed jew. Junk food seems convenient and nice for today, but you'll save a lot of money and asspain in the long run if you do it right.
>>
File: 1466036318898.jpg (73 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1466036318898.jpg
73 KB, 256x256
>>29662071
*Crickets*
Hahahahhaa you're all by yourself lardass
>>
>>29667301
Pics not fake faggot it's me, wouldn't be surprised if people use my shit though

Stay jelly
>>
>>29667669
Whats worse, being an asshole who sees the importance of life and how to live to be better and healthy or to just consume the media trends, become addicted to food and sources of garbage that are designed to give you potential pleasure for a moment while ending your life slowly.

I dont respect millions of people by my logic and can you fault me for it?
>>
>eating 1500 calories a day
>can feel the literal lack of energy
I-it'll pay off r-right?
>>
>>29667775
You're doing better than me, I think I'm eating 1,000 calories a day if not under 1,000. Some people told me that's really not good, but I haven't been having as much of an appetite because I drink meal replacement shakes like Slim Fast so it curtails my appetite. I eat some fruit in the morning for breakfast and have a low calorie frozen dinner in the evening, the dinners are anywhere from 300 calories to 500 calories.

I know I need to eat more but I'm not really hungry, and we don't have much healthy stuff to eat in my house. Just frozen dinners, almonds, watermelon, slim fast, water and cups of fruit. That's about it.
>>
>>29667669
>a-anon, I think its a bad idea to eat mcdonalds every single day
>OMFG WHAT DID YOU SAY YOU PRIVILEGED SMUG NATURAL FOOD BRAGGING FAGGOT TAKE YOUR ELITISM ELSEWHERE
>>
>>29667837
There's a difference between being humble, and being obnoxious about something. I'm not saying you can't say "Oh, I don't think you should eat Mcdonald's because it's unhealthy" but don't say "OH MAN LET'S GO TO THIS ORGANIC RESTAURANT, THEY USE ORGANIC INGREDIENTS AND IT'S ALL SUPER HEALTHY"

People just need to learn not to go up to someone and act like their fucking royalty for eating organic/natural/wholesome foods.
>>
>>29667827
Thats all sugar except for the almonds anon.
There's evidence that 1000 calories is actually benefical to health because its near starvation and your body responds positively to the right amount of stress.
If you look up the data behind things like cold therapy and saunas the shit is ridiculous.
>>29667775
You need to eat more fat. Carbs are what make you feel 'drained' since your body then goes to burn fat off your body once the carbs are done and if you don't have enough nutrients it will pull that from your body too.
Ketogenic diets basically make it so your body is constantly burning your own fat to live so you're not hungry once you do it for awhile.
>>29667689
>frozen veggies
>random meat product
>panfry in coconut oil/butter
there, 'cooking'
You can get dumb shit like spices if you want more.
Fuck beverages, drink water.
Fuck fruit, eat a veggie.
>>
>>29668041
>Thats all sugar except for the almonds anon.

Nigga, Watermelon is like 80% water and 20% natural sugar, pretty sure that can't be unhealthy for you. Can't really go wrong with having fruit on a diet, though I suppose vegetables are better. You know my mom use to buy carrots and they were fucking delicious, might ask her to pick up some raw carrots. We have a carrot peeler at my house so I can peel the skin off and have raw carrots as a snack or something, also I love bananas as well but I think bananas have more sugar in them, same for apples.

I'm a big fan of carrots and grapes, I could eat a shit load of grapes.
>>
>>29667868
Nah dude you don't understand
People who do that are already cunts. They will just be a cunt about something else if they aren't a cunt about food. They feel the need to be better than others which is actually in everyone they just express it in a annoying way they don't realize/care about.
The internet just made it a 1000x worse because now everyone gets to complain about that one vegan guy because he's everywhere now.
The real question is, does shitting on the vegan fucker actually make you any better? Not really. Does that make him less of cunt? Not really.
I figure the best thing to do is to just shut up and move along, wasting time arguing or picking a fight just ends with the person having to defend themselves and you having to act like you're doing them a favor.
No one wins that.
>>
File: 1465436764876.jpg (37 KB, 400x447) Image search: [Google]
1465436764876.jpg
37 KB, 400x447
i'm fucking done

food is like a drug to me

it feels like there's an empty void, like needing to piss really bad but in my head, it's not hunger, just depression and addiction, and the way to relieve myself from the depression is by stuffing my face, but it only lasts for a few minutes and then it's an entire day of sickness to replace the emptiness, i don't even enjoy food i fucking hate it

i tried ignoring it all the way to the point of chaining myself down, because i'm tired of being a subhuman, and i starve myself every day with a vision of myself being seen as a normal human being, but i don't care about that anymore

lost 130 lbs in 200 days

farthest i've ever got

back to binge eating and being a subhuman fat fuck, at least i'll get to feel some pleasure once in awhile rather than constantly struggle to obtain the status of a normal human being which wouldn't make me happy anyway

i have given up
>>
>>29668315
>lost 130 lbs in 200 days

Holy fuck, that sounds unhealthy. Sometimes it takes over a year for someone to lose 100 lbs, and you lost 130 lbs in about 6 months. That's impressive but also sounds really unhealthy.

What was your regiment? How did you lose so much weight?
>>
>>29661936
that is fucking disgusting

it will be even harder to get a job if you're a fat lard
>>
>>29668041
Yup. Add in rice/beans to that, get some reusable containers (to freeze or refrigerate) and you can easily bulk cook for the whole week in less than a couple of hours.

I'm really surprised how not more people realize they can do this.

Also, consider loose leaf plain green tea.
>>
OH WOE IS ME IM SOO FAT

the thread

im sure the "intjp" "intellectuals" of /r9k/ will help you out
>>
>>29668110
>grapes
>Watermelon is 20% nat.sugar
Dude sugar isn't good. Its just not. The only time you ever need it is if your body is starving and even then fat is better in every way according to every study. Grapes are the same shit, just sugar. As for bananas/apples, its STILL sugar. Bananas get a pass for potassium and shit but still hold your fucking horses with that shit.
>>29668315
I just got into the hospital too many times and got sick of it. Now I look at food and I can't even think seriously about eating it. I still end up binging even though I know its just a worthless moneysink that ends within minutes.
Its like really shitty as a drug.
And you can't quit either.
>>29668511
>carbs
you fucking cunt
why must you do this to yourself
>>29668544
yeah okay dude I'm sure your problems are so much cooler than ours
>>
>>29668664
Well FUCK FRUIT, RIGHT??!?! Guess I'll just fucking eat vegetables cause according to your logic all fruit is garbage and shouldn't be consumed if you're dieting.
>>
>>29668396
starvation (kept to a schedule where i'd regularly not eat for 3 days, 2 days or 24 hrs and have small meals inbetween) while waterfasting and shadowboxing in my room everyday for 1 hour

lost 50 lbs the first month while nearly eating nothing, was stuck in bed too dizzy and sick to move and constantly on the verge of passing out, now it's pointless because i lost my reason to continue
>>
>>29661811
Just don't eat shit you lardass, your post is so annoying,
>Don't even get me started on water, water has no fucking taste
Try going for a run, or doing any form of physical activity and water will taste pretty good
>>
I've found that the best and easiest way to make changes is to slowly but surely make small changes to your overall routine. Drink one less soda every day. Order the medium fries instead of the large fries. Little shit here and there. It's so much better to make small changes to your eating habits forever until you no longer even want to drink 4 sodas a day, rather than go on some absolutely brutal diet for 2 weeks and lose maybe 5 pounds just to go back to eating whatever the fuck.

Also, your body registers that it's full a few minutes after you've eaten enough to be full, so instead of eating until you're not hungry, eat a bit less, and then wait maybe 15 minutes to see if you're still hungry. If not, congrats. If so, then you can eat a little more, don't worry. Sometimes I'll feel like I could down a whole fucking pizza, eat a fruit cup instead, even though I'm still hungry afterwards, try to ignore it, and realize an hour later that I completely forgot about it and that I'm fine now.

Then again, these are just my experiences, and I have no science to back any of this up. It just works for me.

TL;DR: Small but permanent changes to your diet, and you're full way before you realize that you're full.
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>know kid in high school that literally would eat everything infront of him
>still thin

>eat slightly bad
>put on weight consistently my whole life
>it comes off so slowly I constantly lose motivation
>>
>>29661811
>I can't cook for shit, I can make cereal, and utilize a microwave, oven, and toaster. That's it. I don't know how to cook"delicious healthy dishes" from scratch.

It's not hard. Are you retarded? I weigh 350lbs and I've been cooking for myself for 2 months now. All you have to do is follow the recipe. Chicken is easy. all you have to do is get a bunch of raw chicken, season it with whatever the fuck you want, and cook it at 350 for 30 minutes. Do what I do and cook ahead 4 days, then you only have to do it twice a week. I still want pizzas and fast food, but then I think of all the progress I'd be throwing down the drain. Maybe you just need to get somewhere with it.
>>
no one cares what you look like

everyone dies
>>
>>29668844
Everyone judges your appearance.
>>
>>29661811
>I can't cook

No wonder you're fat with that defeatist ass attitude. You can do just about anything, you're just not willing to try.
>>
After I took anti-depressants I gained 10kg of weight really quickly, I was fairly thin before but it scared me and I went on a diet

What I did was cut out all soda drinks, I drink only water at home.
I cut down on calories and bread
eat more vegetables, do cardio + squats and eat fruits after the workout.
I try to eat nothing shortly before I go to sleep except maybe a tomato or carrot

already lost 7kg with this route
>>
I weigh 195 and I'm 6 2" what should I be aiming for?
>>
>>29663265

Nigger, exercise is good and all, but unless you are an olympic athlete, you are not burning the 1.5k calories lardasses usually overeat every day.

Weight loss is ~80% diet, ~20% exercise.
>>
>>29661811
You're a fucking idiot. Like most others on this board. Assume responsibility for your life. Learn to cook. Break the addiction your body has to sugar. Not everything in your life is going to be fucking easy. Change your life and get better or continue what you were doing until you die(probably young) never having lived.
>>
>>29663950

How do you track calories without going nuts? I cannot for the life of me manage to track every fucking meal I get, especially when most of it is homecooked regional food without easy calorie labels.
>>
>>29668664
Sorry senpai, im a poorfag and need some form of filler
>>
>>29669018
Fuck you asshole, not everyone adapts to change as easily as you.
>>
>>29664000

Not him, but either you like to live and you try to live as long as possible, or you dont and you put a 22gauge in you mouth, there isnt an argument I can think of for dying young.
>>
>tfw start going to the gym and start eating healthy food
>get skinny as fuck but still have gigantic lumps of fat as mantits that are visible through t-shirts
No one told me about this
JUST
>>
>>29668698
Fuck fruit because sugar is bad
Even with the fiber and nutrients in fruit, you're better off not eating it because it will just make you crave more sugary carbs like everything that is bad for you ever.
So fuck fruit forever. It fucks your diet, not just when losing weight but when keeping it off. Thats the ideal though, just realize that fruit is not a get away free card faggot.
>>29668728
crash diets are dumb
You can eat, just eat fat and veggies. No breads, no fruit, no dairies if you can help it.
>>29668802
>it just works for me
Thats the real key. Whatever you can stick to is enough really. Some people hate counting calories, others hate limiting foods, others just want their cheat days. In the end its about not overeating and eating less sugar, thats whats really important.
>>29668844
I care. I always have cared, and its made me feel like less of a person in social situations. Yeah I'll die, but that doesn't really deal with the desire to be not fat for the first time in my life.
>>29668952
>cut out soda
Yeah the statistics bear this out really well. If you look at the rise of obesity it coincides with the new food pyramid that promoted grains in the 70s, HFCS, and the rise of sodas which allow you to take in excess calories without noticing. This is the majority of the fat people today, soda addicts who eat too much bread.
>>29668958
When you feel good. Doctors will look at your blood test and probably be able to tell you if you need to lose weight for blood lipid, blood pressure, or diabetes reasons.
The truth is that unless a doctor tells you that you could stand to lose pounds its just a looks issue. Looks wise, thats mostly a body fat percentage issue and the way to improve that look(i.e seeing abs) is a keto diet most definitely calorie restricted.
>>29669009
Actually I've read various things that mostly suggest its just a carb issue in the first place and this doesn't really apply to fat/proteins.
>>
>>29669052
It's discipline. Take control of yourself and stop being a fucking pussy. Sure, it can be hard but that's what makes it rewarding.
>>
>>29669052
Its not about it being easy really its a matter of sticking to quitting. On average, the reason why people fail at anything is because they quit. Most of the people who succeed are just those who stuck around long enough and managed to get enough skill through sheer force of time to actually win out against themselves.
The statistics show this especially with things as difficult as smoking, which they actually add tons of chemicals to make it incredibly addictive to to the point where it almost equals meth in sheer mental hold but not withdrawal.
The key point is to keep the decision in mind and make new efforts all the time, not to grow frustrated over the issue.
>>29669113
No, you can have tons of discipline and still be an addict. Plenty of people are perfectly functioning adults with jobs and lives but still have time for their addiction on the side. Its not a matter of control, its a matter of their body being overwhelmed at a chemical level.
There are more 'habitual' addictions but if anything those are signs of strong discipline rather than weak discipline.
Your view of it would require you to already be disciplined in the first place in which case you would likely not develop an addiction anyways because you have responsibilities to attend to anyways.
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.