[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carbom monoxide leak in house been going on for years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 1456726852028.jpg (68 KB, 668x712) Image search: [Google]
1456726852028.jpg
68 KB, 668x712
Lived in same house for whole life. Been exposed to carbon monoxide for 28 years. Probably made me into a robot. My brain is ruined.
>>
What was the PPM?
>>
Heaches every day. That's why I keep my bedroom window open as ! much as possible.
>>
>>29659439
I received an extreme electrical shock when i was 13. Funny thing is, after that i started to become a robot.
>>
>>29659439
I seriously question why we're still using natural gas as a means of heating homes exactly because of this.
No fires = no carbon monoxide.
>>
File: 1458390964076.png (96 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1458390964076.png
96 KB, 645x773
The reason why carbon monoxide is so harmful is that it displaces the levels of oxygen within the blood, which results in the death of cells and damage to major organs, which are subsequently starved of oxygen. This lack of oxygen in the blood is known as anoxia. This can lead to a range of symptoms and effects, both short term and long term depending on the levels of gas breathed in and the duration over which you are exposed to carbon monoxide.

The long term effects of poisoning by carbon monoxide can be extremely serious. The long term effects of breathing in carbon monoxide can affect:

memory
brain function
behaviour
cognition.
It can also cause permanent damage to other major organs within the body, such as the heart.

It is thought that the hippocampus, which is the section of the brain that deals with new memories, can be particularly susceptible to long term damage from CO poisoning.
Up to forty percent of those poisoned can suffer problems that range from amnesia, headaches and memory loss to personality and behavioural changes, loss of muscle and bladder control and impairment of co-ordination and vision.

In many cases, the symptoms may wear off within a certain time period.

However, in some cases the effects are permanent: particularly in the case of organ damage and brain damage.
>>
>tfw have had awful headaches every day since I moved into the basement
>lost my job, lost my gf
>very depressed, no hobbies except 4chan
>Wake up some days with no memory of the last 24 hours
>Think I'm starting to go blind

How fucked am I?
>>
File: 1452347143519.jpg (122 KB, 1023x986) Image search: [Google]
1452347143519.jpg
122 KB, 1023x986
at least it grants you the deniability of your own guilt of becoming a robot
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.