[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be beta as fuck >be not too bad looking but not exactly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
>be beta as fuck
>be not too bad looking but not exactly a Chad
>be a fucking autist in social situations but acutely aware of it
>learn over time to effectively conceal powerlevel
>autism concealed through calm temper, polite attitude and softspoken/friendly manner
>work in grocery store for 5 years as shelf stocker
>be content
>high turnover rate and aforementioned autism prevents getting to know coworkers
>be stocking shelves near front of store by qt cashiers
>one comes over
>"Hey Anon, are you going to the party this weekend?"
>have no idea of what she's referring to
>"Yeah, the other cashiers are throwing a big fourth of july party and invited everyone who works here."
>wasn't even aware of this
>"Oh, it's probably because you're new here. Sorry."
>be the most senior employee in the store, with 2 years on the current manager
>say nothing
>qt goes back to chatting with other qts
>not another word to me

I realize that I can't blame anyone else but myself for my autistic ways, and the cute girls are by no means obligated to like me for whatever reasons.

But it still stings. Every time something like this happens, it always stings as bad as the first time.

Related, who else is spending Independence Day alone?
>>
How have you worked the same shit for five years and not gotten promoted? I hope you've at least gotten raises.
>>
Probably in my room drunk, between the fireworks and the sadness its going to be rough. I'm honestly thinking about leaving for the weekend and just finding a random apartment in a different town over just to escape it, only problem is my moms fucking cat but I'll just leave out a bunch of food and water for the little bitch.

btw don't go to that party, you'll just end up standing in the corner alone all night
>>
>>29659356
I've never asked for promotions or raises and the store changes owners like once every year or so.
>>
>>29659419
I don't even know where it is. Didn't even get invited to it when she was right there talking about it to me.
>>
>>29659422
>I've never asked for promotions or raises

and that's why you'll never get one. Its also the same reason you don't have the gf, you don't even have the balls to ask. You're a coward, and cowards get nothing out of this world.
>>
>>29659455
>implying I don't already know that

I did say I'm the only one to blame. Nobody is obligated to like me or do things for me.
>>
>>29659474

Well you can spend your whole life with your head down and being a bitch, or you could just see life for what it is and stop giving a fuck what people think.
>>
>>29659495
The thing is, I'm content with how my life is. It's just moments like these that sometimes give me pangs of loneliness.
>>
Well OP the obvious thing to do is go to the party right? You realize you are complaining that no one ever talks to you when you just described how someone tried to talk to you and even asked you if you were coming to the party and you just brushed it off.

Believe me, I was just like you for a long time. I avoided everything like that like the plague. But I loosened up, got some therapy, talked more with my coworkers, and eventually I was invited to hang out outside of work. And I made friends from it that I kept after they quit. PROGRESS is possible anon.

Protip: if you really have a "calm temper, polite attitude and softspoken/friendly manner" and have worked there for 5 years, I would guess that you are generally well liked, is that guy that no one has anything negative to say about ever.

You all work the same shitty job, talk about the shelves and the goods or the annoying customers. It is always interesting.
>>
>>29659714
Notice that I said my demeanor is carefully crafted to conceal my autism. I'm afraid that if I get too close to people, it'll resurface.
>>
>>29659714
>talked more with my coworkers, and eventually I was invited to hang out outside of work

I've done this multiple times, it ends in total failure and regret every time. No amount of alcohol or drugs will loosen me up around attractive females and large groups of alpha mens. Let's not sugar coat it, we're all competing and I know my place (its not 1st) so why even try.
>>
>>29659285
if you want to go then go
if you don't then don't
if you feel lonely then you should
if not don't let some people being unaware of you bother you, it should make you feel better honestly
>>
File: 1467370605389.png (167 KB, 1300x810) Image search: [Google]
1467370605389.png
167 KB, 1300x810
>>29659285
IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR DECLARING INDEPENDENCE FROM THE BRITISH EMPIRE
>>
>>29659760
Interacting with the world will always change you somehow.
>>
>>29659455
>Work hard and you'll succeed!
Suck my dick faggot, promotions aren't necessary to earn a living. Hope you fall off the ladder and break your fucking neck.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.