[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I've finally gotten to the point where I need to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: alcoholism.jpg (45 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
alcoholism.jpg
45 KB, 640x427
I think I've finally gotten to the point where I need to seek help. I'm sick of binge drinking my weekends away and waking up feeling like I lost control. I'm sick of craving a beer or thinking "it's socially acceptable to have one beer right now". Now my only sister is going through alcoholics anonymous back home, and I've decided I may need to sober up before I get to that point. Has anyone had this experience? How did you do it? I just need someone to talk to about this.
>>
File: 1466624965562.png (275 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
1466624965562.png
275 KB, 500x706
I have withdrawals everyday and my body is rejecting when I drink so I have to do it slowly. I don't evne get derunk anymore, I just shake and puke all day. ;_;
>>
How do you even get to this point? Alcohol isn't that fun, it's expensive and it tastes like shit. Just don't drink it.
>>
>>29656820
Good advice my man. Surely you will help OP with it and raise your own social status amongst us, your peers.
>>
>>29656820
not him, but it helps me forget the misery that is my life , even if only for a little while
>>
>binge drinking on the weekenda
>an alcoholic

goddamn it if i could line all you attention whore normies up against a wall...
>>
>>29656610
I used to drink a six pack or something equal every day for over a year. One day I woke up and just decided I was sick of being hungover and swollen constantly relying on alcohol. Haven't got drunk since January and it gets easier every day
>>
>>29656837

but there's so many better drugs and habits out there that won't kill you.
>>
>>29656889
How did you deal with the cravings and anxiety?
>>
>>29656820
(Not Op, just random shitposter) It might be that you react differently to alcohol than me. My friends just get sedated and sleepy, but the same amount of alcohol feels more like a stimulant to me. It feels more like cocaine than a sleeping pill when I use it.
>>
>>29656820
Well OP isn't addicted yet. I am, it gets to a point wher eyou have to drink it or you start shaking and sweating like an epileptic dog. The anxiety is killer;.
>>
>>29656610
>weekends
>beer
You're not an alcoholic. If you were an alcoholic you wouldn't waste your time with beer. Best drink is bourbon or rye. No shitty sugary mixers either. It's the sugar and being dehydrated that gives you a hangover.
>>
alcohol is fucking poison

i have a neighbor that is sleeping with a breathing machine because his liver is fucked. i haven't seen him in weeks so he might be dead by now

one of the best things to do when you want to kick a habit is switch it with something else, might not be the best thing you can do but its the easiest
>>
>>29657569
>If you were an alcoholic you wouldn't waste your time with beer.

Speak for yourself faggot. Not all beer is %5
>>
>>29657618
I smoke & drink because I know it's a slow suicide
>>
I'm kinda in a similar position. Whenever I drink I get shitfaced. I have to drink more and more to get the effect. And what's the worst, I drink to feel less shit. When I'm drunk I forget about everything that makes me want to kill myself.

I don't know how to do it though. Not very helpful, is it.
>>
>>29657569
Cider is better. Why? It's premixed drink. Almost is strong as wine. Now why cider? It's easy to drink. If you drank for any time you'd notice your body not accepting more alcohol. Cheap cider gets over this hump!
>>
>>29656820
>Alcohol isn't that fun,
m8 what
>it's expensive
I mean if you live in like fucking Canada or something
>and it tastes like shit
Confirmed for underage. I used to be the same way but once you find a liquor/mixed drink you like the game is changed.
>>
>>29658049
The sugar always gives me terrible headaches the next day. Plus its a bit of a poofter drink.
>>
>>29658657
It's the punk rock drink in Canada. Depends wher eyou live I guess.
>>
>>29658722
You spelled "homeless" wrong. The only people I see drinking 2L bottles of cider are natives and homeless people, usually both combined.
>>
>alchohol
>expensive
nigger what?
do you normies want to get drunk or complain how only homeless people drink cheap alchohol, I mean if you were that far gone you wouldn't give a flying fuck what you drink as long as it gets you drunk
>>
>>29658722

Here in America only women below the age of 22 drink cider
>>
>>29656610
AA can be great, depends where you live. Some cities it is douchy af.
>>
>>29658930
Australia and Canada its expensive as fuck for booze. When I lived in Melbourne a cheap pint was between 9-11 bucks most places I went.

Here in Vancouver a pint of beer is around 7.50 or so with tax.
>>
>>29659151
Is it true that at least a good portion of the Canadian alcohol tax goes to the healthcare system? Murrican on the border here (Wisconsin) and that's just what I've heard.
>>
>>29659209
Fuck if I know, I had a friend from Louisiana up here and we were buying beer. 24 cans of Budweiser costs around 37 bucks here. She laughed and said its not even half that back home.

We have roughly a 10-25 percent taxation rate on income and 15 percent sales tax on most things.
>>
>>29659366
>24 cans of Budweiser costs around 37 bucks here.
Holy fuck, where I live a 24 rack of Budweiser is probably like $19 or less, and a 30 rack of Natural Ice or Natural Light which are two equally shitty but somehow better tasting beers costs like $13. You guys are getting fucked up the ass on that one.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.