[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Antidepressants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: celexa.jpg (13 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
celexa.jpg
13 KB, 288x216
Antidepressants thread.

Been on citalopram (celexa for USfags) for 10 days now, 4 days on 5mg and 6 on 10mg.

>haven't had suicidal thoughts since day 2, used to think about it all the time
>depression and anxiety fading
but
>starting to feel numb
>more tired than usual
>sex drive somewhat reduced, which may be a good thing since before I would cum in 10 seconds if I hadn't jacked off in more than 2 days

Any advice?
>>
I've taken a bunch of them for a long time, eventually quit last year. I found myself deeper and deeper in this numb daze, tired all the time, making bad decisions, all around loopy. I was on a few different ones, but, the longest combo was Cymbalta and Remeron, It was also very hard for me to quit those.

I'd say avoid the pharms. In hindsight I never got any better on them, just number, which made it harder to realize what I needed to do to feel better and actually do something about it.
>>
I started citalopram on 10mg after a fairly big anxiety attack fucked up the progress of dealing with my anxiety I'd spent years on. Did absolutely nothing for me, upped to 20 and it did just enough that I can face people again without wanting to throw up, but not enough that I've gone totally zombie.

Its fucked my sex drive too, that's fairly normal. Surprised you're having negative side-effects off such a tiny dose though. I'm considering upping my dose again because I'm not really making any progress like I was before, but I'm worried it'll turn me into even more of a boring braindead fuck than I am now...
>>
File: large.png (158 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
large.png
158 KB, 500x500
>get antidepressants
>eat them like candies
fun
>>
>>29655835
reminder that antidepressants like SSRI's are all stimulants and are just intended to be less addicting than amphetamines. If you don't like SSRI's, don't take them. If you want something stronger, take an actual amphetamine.
>>
>>29655835
Advice? stop taking it?
>>
>>29656477
I normally put them in tictac a box so nobody will say anything
>>
Taking Zoloft for BPD and derealization disorder. Used to be on anti-psychotics, but therapy helped me get off those. Anxiety/depression symptoms pretty much gone now. Good luck, anons. I tried 6 different meds until this one worked for me.
>>
>>29658044
>bpd
>I can't control cutting myself and throwing tantrums!
yes you can fucking cut it out you aren't 14
>>
>>29655835
5mg is placebo dose, 10mg is low dose, 2 days isn't enough for any antidepressant effect.

>>29657689
>SSRI's are all stimulants
Bullshit. SSRIs are sedating, which is one reason they're so shit.
>>
Anyone ever use Wellbutrin? Want to know if I should try it.
>>
u know they don't work that fast right lol
ur literally placebo effecting urself into some attention
>>
File: PJ-AL900A_ZYPRE_20080227181335.jpg (16 KB, 245x175) Image search: [Google]
PJ-AL900A_ZYPRE_20080227181335.jpg
16 KB, 245x175
25mg zyprexa here.
Withdrawal from this drug is beyond anything you've ever felt. Longest I've gone was 3 days. I didn't even know it was possible to feel that level of pure agony.
>>
>>29658767
dr i work for says it's good by itself and works well with other AD's, ask your PCP and get their opinion. Some people can take it PRN and there's no crazy withdrawal effects like brain zaps or anything
>>
I'm on the max dose of Wellbutrin. It doesn't help enough.
>>
>>29658767
This guy here - >>29658932
It isn't doing enough for me, but that doesn't mean it isn't the best antidepressant I've tried.
>>
On cipralex for like 4 weeks now for depression and anxiety.

Haven't really noticed a difference desu.
>>
>>29658932
pair it with another AD
>>
>>29655835
On a daily dose of 100mg of sertraline (Zoloft). They worked well on a very low dose for the first two weeks, but now they don't seem to be doing a thing despite upping the dosage.
>>
>>29655835
20mg Citalopram, didn't do shit.
30mg Citalopram, didn't do shit.
Going back Monday. Advice? They'll probably want to put me on 40mg.

Also, I did notice better mood the first few days/week but it's obvious to attribute that to a change of state of mind reciprocally effected by the act of starting.
>>
>>29659484
>>29656031
>>29655835
Please don't fall for the citalopram meme, guys. Citalopram is actually known to cause abnormalities with the heart's electrical rhythm. I just quit 2 weeks ago and my chest finally feels normal.
>>
>>29655835
I was on celexa for 4months and had a heart attack
don't drink the koolaid anon
>>
File: 1457030590192.jpg (50 KB, 468x440) Image search: [Google]
1457030590192.jpg
50 KB, 468x440
100mg of Zoloft every night for OCD. It keeps me functional.
>>
Dad is on citalopram/celexa

I was on escitalopram/Lexapro for a while, max dose

Switched to sertraline/Zoloft max dose because it's supposed to be better for anxiety.

I can't tell if they work or not. I can tell you that SSRI withdrawals can be pretty fierce.
>>
>>29660072
I've not had issues like that whist on them, but when I tried to come off them I felt really messed up. Dizziness, confusion, shit like that.

At first I just thought I was ill but after a few days I looked up a few of the symptom and citalopram withdrawals was one of the top results. Definitely wasn't told about that when I was recommended to just go cold turkey on them, but I'm also not seeing that Dr anymore. Seems that once I mentioned anxiety, it was the cause of literally everything else I experience, go figure.
>>
>>29655835
I take for anxiety, but taking both Citalopram & Amitryptiline (Elavil) work better than alone (+ beta blockers, relaxants).
>>
>>29655835
Been on trintillex for two weeks now, it has been kind of up and down on how affects me. At first it was hard to fall asleep with it, but didn't feel much else. After a few days I felt happier in general and was much more social than I usually am. Went to study with people and even went to eat lunch with some girls a few times. Thats something I haven't done in a really long time.

I still get angry and can blow the fuck up, especially when playing fucking overwatch, but overall I feel better and am slightly more productive. I might have to bump up my dosage if the anger doesn't get any better.
>>
>>29655835
Citalopram is absolute crap which only turns you into a zombie. Get something better, preferably something which affects your dopamine receptors along with a non-standard non-SSRI seretonin booster.
>>
>take 20mg celexa daily
>no sex drive
>cant get boner
>completely asexual for 6 months
>get off celexa
>start geting sexual drive
>now completely homosexual
celexa made me gay, don't take it bros
its a meme to destroy white cisgendered males
>>
>>29655835
Brit Therapist that drops by occasionally here.

The numbness and tiredness may subside a little but I'd another month to see if that's the case.
Low sex drive / noboner is a very common side-effect with SSRIs.

Essentially it comes down to whether you're prepared to put up with the side-effects in order to reap the benefits. If not then there are other anti-depressants to try, but I'd give it a month or two if possible.

Also try to access a therapist if you haven't already.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.