[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
food for thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
there are 7000000000 people in earth

there is 57 million square miles of land in earth

that means equal distribution of land comes out to about 5 acres per person

it's considered that over half of earths land is not habitable so it really comes down to about 2 acres. that spaces people apart about the distance a person can throw a baseball
>>
Fuck baseball
>>
>>29654667
you saying we need a nuclear war or super disease to thin the heard?
>>
>>29654800
I'm not OP but to me this means that the earth has enough resources for all of us, but we are poorly managing it.
>>
>The average person can throw a baseball 1600 feet

The only thing I really thought about was how stupid you are
>>
Hrnmppfff....really...makes u.... Think....
>>
>>29654828
That just means the earth has enough space, not enough resources, consider how much of that land is arable, water resources, lumber, space being taken up for businesses, wildlife populations and how they would fit into this 2 acres for everyone
>>
>>29654828
Land != resources
You're also acting like too few people own too much land, ignoring that most people in developed nations tend to live in urban centers that have relatively (or in the case of large cities, absolutely) high population densities.
>>
>>29654667
>pic related

Is that a cookie being dunked in OJ? Wtf?
>>
>>29654667
I cannot throw a basebal two acres distance. I am probably pretty average in this regard.
>>
>>29654968
To add into that, consider this.
If you had everyone in the world live in a city with the population density of New York City it'd only be the size of Texas.
>>
>>29654667
But most of that people are in Asia, Africa, India, etc.
The western world has plenty of space. If you leave the city there are miles of empty space
>>
>>29654667
>food for thought

no i think you just found out about this and thought it was interesting for no reason
>>
>>29654830
Two acres is 87120 square feet, so about 300 feet to a side. If you stand in the center, you only need throw a ball 150 feet to get it into someone else's zone.

Are you stupid?
>>
Apparently you can sustain yourself pretty well with only one acre
>>
>>29654977

I did this once with Chips Ahoy and Sunny D I think. 2/10 would not recommend
>>
>>29655304

Idiot if you're in the center it's a circle, you have to calculate that into you're equation
>>
>>29654667
>>29654830
>>29655304
>>29655827

burgers trying to do math with their pointless unit system... LMFAO

keep it coming
>>
>>29654667
>AIDs and numerous other fucking abhorrent diseases were once confined to the african continent
>the continent with the most wars and violence objectively
>not only they are still the fastest growing population, we help them with this feat at our own expense
>>
>>29655923
>Africa will hold 5 billion people by the end of the century
>>
>>29655877
>I don't understand something so i don't like it
>>
>>29656128
I'll have you know that I understand it completely (after googling whatever the fuck the retarded units are defined as) and I would never fail to solve some trivially easy shit like this.
>>
>>29656416
Why do Europeans use every chance they get to complain about the United States?
>>
>>29656638
Because you are fucking retarded and can't figure out how far you can throw a ball
>>
>>29656649
What line of reasoning makes you think that, oh wise one?
>>
>>29655304
i can throw a baseball 10,000 miles
all i need to do is stand on the edge of one 10,000 mile square and throw it into the next one
>>
>>29655827
Ok you are actually retarded
>>
>>29656416
the metric system if vastly inferior

stay cucked
>>
>>29654828
Nah, dude, the herd must be thinned. We need to get the number of people on Earth down to half a bill, max. Then we can install robot communism and live on beach houses for the rest of our lives.
>>
You seriously made this thread again? Fuck off
>>
>>29655923
>yfw AIDs is the only reason you're not a mixed race mongrel right now

In the 70s and 80s, the Jews were planning to import Africans by the dozen, but some sneaky little microbiologist managed to release a disease that's not only eugenic in nature (stupid people are more likely to be promiscuous) but that's also a death sentence to anyone that has it. The smart negro uses a condom, the stupid negro doesn't. Really a thorn in the Jews side, but luckily for them, the Middle East is nearly as low IQ and doesn't have AIDs.
>>
File: yep.jpg (8 KB, 217x233) Image search: [Google]
yep.jpg
8 KB, 217x233
>>29657161

>Two acres is 87120 square feet

What a convenient number right there. I'd sure hate it if it was 10000 or one million.

>adults getting kindergarten tier math wrong in this thread

Yeah, you know what. My system is inferior. I concede, I'll use the better system from now on.
>>
>>29658676
yeah it is a convenient number because it is not shitty pleb metric system
>>
>>29658958
Quick! 1 cubic mile to cubic feet!

Haha! I knew you can't do it. In metric, small children can do it :)
>>
>>29654708
yeah, i laughed
>>
>>29659038
>thinking a system is inferior because you are bad at math
>>
>>29659038
>Quick! 1 cubic mile to cubic feet!
>Haha! I knew you can't do it. In metric, small children can do it :)
pray tell, what is one cubic mile to cubic feet in metric?
>>
>>29659235
1 cubic meter per 1 cubic km which is 1 billion cubic meters per cubic km.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.