[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Applied for a job > Told me, they're going to call
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: enhanced-buzz-3857-1339377166-0.jpg (110 KB, 625x393) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-buzz-3857-1339377166-0.jpg
110 KB, 625x393
> Applied for a job
> Told me, they're going to call me
> Nothing in one week

Why can't they just say "No!" instead of this bs.
>>
>>29653662
They want you to suffer. I recommend you to kill all of them the next time you get a chance, and then kill yourself, since everything is better than having to become a wagie.
>>
File: diversity.jpg (241 KB, 780x1182) Image search: [Google]
diversity.jpg
241 KB, 780x1182
>>29653662
They not hiring you because they need to fill their diversity quota.
>>
>>29653662
Because JUST
>>
I'm trying to volunteer for a class I'm taking and three places have done the same thing. No response or anything after they tell me to wait for a reply.

Employers and even volunteer organizations are just like women. They all love how much power they have to reject you. What an annoying piece of shit world.
>>
They are testing your drive. Call them to follow-up.
>>
Liability reasons. If an employer is sued over perceived hiring discrimination, it's going to look better in court if they can say "we just didn't call anon back because someone more qualified came along" than it would if they say "we told anon we weren't going to hire him."
>>
>>29653662
Go in and ask about your application. Shows initiative and they are more likely to hire you.
>>
File: as.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
as.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>>29654177
>>29654694
Just called them and they said how rude it was of me to rush them like that and that I'm not making a good impression. Fuck them, fuck their families, fuck their shitty, little IT enterprise.
Everything is fucked
>>
>>29654840
Don't feel bad. You just followed the typical advice anyone would give you. Sometimes they're so busy they forget and you need to contact them to remind them you exist and sometimes they're assholes like they were with you.
>>
>>29654840
They told you they're going to call you, unless it's a major company that's interviewing like 100 people for said position they have no reason to take more than a week to get back to you. If they have the gall to say that you're pushing them because you expect an answer so you know whether or not to you have a job and therefore income which you live off then you probably don't really want to work there
>>
>>29653662
>if you are selected for interview you will be notified by email
>you may be notified if your application is unsuccessful
>can take up to 4 weeks to receive notification
>it's been 5 weeks
>nothing
so why the fuck can't they just send an email saying I haven't been successful? it's fucking email, it's not difficult or time consuming, for fuck sake
>>
>>29654026
Hello, Mr. victim complex.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.