[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Treatment for depression\anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 432432434.jpg (55 KB, 512x444) Image search: [Google]
432432434.jpg
55 KB, 512x444
I've noticed being slightly sleep-deprived (5-6 hours of sleep per night) + Caffeine throughout the day tends to turn violent depression/anxiety into a more silent and tolerable variety. can anyone relate? is this a known procedure?
>>
Nah, that's worse in my case, when i'm sleepy i can't even bring myself to play some vidya or doing anything at all.

I started lifting a few days ago and it seems to work, i think i just needed a second hobby to keep me entertained.

As for anxiety, i have no idea, it's still spaghetti.
>>
I'm the opposite. I'll sleep for 14 hours straight and still be tired for a solid two days of sleeping more.
>>
>>29651540
absolutely for the anxiety.

i only survived as long as i did in high school because i stayed up til 3am every night on the internet and felt like a zombie the next day.

didn't help with depression though.
>>
>>29651646
>>29651662
the Caffeine makes you sleepy but still somewhat alert and able to function. it's hard to explain, it's being alert while being sleepy at the same time
>>
>>29651690
I don't like being awake. I dream a lot and some tend to be pretty good so I just want to be asleep so I can dream.

If this were a cyberpunk setting I'd be the loser permanently plugged into some sort of sim.
>>
>>29651662
You're probably not getting enough exercise/light/food if you're doing that shit. Sleep can't fix that.
>>
>>29651662
Same problem here.

I'd change, but why bother?
>>
>>29651785
who can afford to sleep for 14 hours?
>>
>>29651841
The unemployed.
>>
>>29651662
There is such a thing as oversleeping. Sleep too much and you'll still end up tired.
>>
>>29651540
Sometimes doc will tell you to sleep less when you are depressed and sleep a lot
>>29651662
like this guy

Caffeine tends to make people more anxious and increases the symptoms especially the trembling

Can't really say anything about violent depressions since they never made me violent or angry with anyone except myself

Just stay away from Sertraline
>>
>>29651887
Guess it's individual then.
I find that caffeine somewhat increases anxiety but when you're tired enough it's less felt (and makes you more alert).
By violent depression I meant a severe depression that can't be ignored
>>
>>29651841
I'm on vacation so I'm fine. But normally I sleep for around 7ish hours during the work week.
>>
>>29651953
>By violent depression I meant a severe depression that can't be ignored
Oh okay
Depressions tend to make guys aggressive so I thought you meant that

>I find that caffeine somewhat increases anxiety
I can't drink caffeine when I know I will be very anxious that day already
People with panic disorders also tend to stay away from it
If it helps you it's nice, but maybe think about starting Venlafaxine or something
>>
I produce music and my most popular tracks were produced while sleep deprived and highly caffeinated.
Something about that state. I think my anxiety depression is caused by something overactive in my brain. Like I have too much pre frontal cortex or something and over analyze everything to oblivion.
I guess sleep deprivation and caffeine kinda bypass it. Seems to be the case with alcohol and stimulants as well.
>>
>>29652026
wonder why it's not more well known. I'm sure a lot of people self medicate this way
>>29652011
>Depressions tend to make guys aggressive so I thought you meant that
no it doesn't
>>
File: 1436954067918.jpg (86 KB, 446x595) Image search: [Google]
1436954067918.jpg
86 KB, 446x595
>>29651540
> Treatment for depression\anxiety
imo its the lack of purpose that makes most of us this way. we need something to believe in, outside of ourselves.. im nihilistic, which strips down everyone elses "ideas" because thats all they are, and mostly retarded. now im trying to study how the world/humans really work, and form my own ideas i can truly believe in.

seems clear the first step to that is taking good care of your body/mind, because everything else is dependent on that, including mental clarity.

i spend a lot of time reading, and meditating now. less time on r9k. tbqh you can easily, instinctively know what are good/bad things to do in the day, but its another thing to act and change accordingly. to do that, you need to believe in a future you can build yourself, which actually matters to you - because you've done the maths and come to your own concrete beliefs, not just listened to some other idiots ideas and accepted that as gospel. i think you'll be much stronger, and more motivated having done this, since most people just follow like sheep, thus have no real conviction beyond "its what everyone else is doing".

most prescribed methods of "treating depression" haven't worked for me, they just manage mood, and in-fact only make my meaningless grow.. because if taking a pill, or running every day, is how to live life, then whats the point? you have to do the leg work and come to your own conclusions you really believe in.. that may very well be that life isn't worthwhile then suicide, but at least you'll have solved things for yourself.
>>
>>29652052
>no it doesn't

>While clinical depression was once considered a "woman's disease," more than 6 million men in the U.S. have depression each year. Unfortunately, the lingering image of depression as a female condition may keep men who are clinically depressed from recognizing the symptoms of depression and seeking treatment.
>Depression actually affects both sexes. It disrupts relationships and interferes with work and daily activities. The symptoms of depression in men are similar to the symptoms of depression in women. But men tend to express those symptoms differently. Common symptoms of depression include loss of interest in usually pleasurable activities, fatigue, changes in appetite, sleep disturbances, and apathy. In women, depression may be more likely to cause feelings of sadness and worthlessness. Depression in men, on the other hand, may be more likely to cause them to become withdrawn or to feel irritable, aggressive, or hostile.

>Depression in men, on the other hand, may be more likely to cause them to become withdrawn or to feel irritable, aggressive, or hostile.

>aggressive, or hostile
>>
>>29652136
>aggressive, or hostile
they mean aggressive or hostile in the sense of an act that a man puts up so people would leave him alone and no one would see he's sad which is considered weak / unmanly. depression doesn't really make you aggressive. yet again "therapists" missing the whole point, but that's nothing new
>>
>>29652210
>they mean aggressive or hostile in the sense of an act that a man puts up so people would leave him alone and no one would see he's sad which is considered weak / unmanly.
So they show aggressive behavior
>>
sleep deprivation is a well known fix for many peoples depression/anxiety

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12531127
>>
>>29652223
they don't really feel aggressive of hostile, that's just a mechanism for keeping people away. an actually aggressive person would actively look to hurt someone
>>
>>29652350
>that's just a mechanism for keeping people away
So they are behaving aggressively
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.