[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /daily exercise/ here? I'm NEET but I'm fit as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10
File: smugger.jpg (39 KB, 640x818) Image search: [Google]
smugger.jpg
39 KB, 640x818
who /daily exercise/ here?

I'm NEET but I'm fit as fuck

>helps you blend in and be more confident but doesn't change personality
>stops depression in it's path
>endorphins almost as good as drugs
>helps you get that god tier NEET sleep as long as you want
>eat whatever you want within reason without being fat
>stare at girls asses at the gym
>makes you overall more attractive
>>
>stops depression in it's path
>endorphins almost as good as drugs

bullshit. i exercise every day and am still massively depressed.
>>
I need better discipline
I usually try to get some exercise at work but with the heat lately I don't want to do any excess movement to stay cool and end up sitting around doing nothing
>>
Usually every couple of days. I just lift my dumbbells while I watch tv, easy peasy and it does indeed help with not wanting to kill myself
>>
>>29649701
Change your attitude

>>29649450
So your another beta that pretends to be alpha like everyone that goes to the gym.
>>
>>29649450
>>stops depression in it's path
for me it starts the depression
>lifting weights
>remember how I started lifting because of the improve yourself to get grills meme
>get depressed because no girl will ever want me and this is all for nothing
>look in the mirror after to see how I'm progressing and have to look at my bitch hips
>>
I'm stuck between builtfat mode and DYEL, mostly due to lack of motivation. Girls can't tell the difference though so sometimes they look at me but I'm still too ashamed of my naked body.
>>
I started yesterday, already in a much better mood. Can someone tell me if 5x5 Stronglifts is a good program? I can finish the workout in about 30 minutes, is that long enough or am I doing something wrong (2 minute breaks, plan to take more time once the weights go up a bit).
Also, is it normal to have to start with the empty bar when squatting for the first time? I've been working hard to make sure my form is just right, and everyone I've checked with says very good now. However, I feel weak only being able to squat the bar. Is this normal for a beginner/someone who is a bit overweight?
>>
>want to do HIIT, but just started lifting
>legs too exhausted to do HIIT after working out even on my rest day
help
>>
>>29649901
>stronglifts

Kek
>>
>>29650030
Your post is not helpful in any way, say something of substance or give some advice or don't even bother responding.
>>
>>29649450
I did until I developed a phobia of my having a fast heartbeat / heart attacks.
>>
>>29650047
When i first started i could barely sqaut the bar, stick with a routine if you continue to make good gains, just eat big and sleep well you'll get there nigger.
>>
>>29649927
you are supposed to do HIIT after your weight training
>>
>>29650102
Cool, thank you very much. I'm more motivated now knowing I'm not just a weak pussy. Nice trips too.
>>
>>29649901
I did it for a while and it's actually a really good program, just make sure that you maintain perfect form when you're squatting so you don't hurt yourself. Also it's normal to have to start with a very light weight when you start strong lifts just make sure that your form doesn't deteriorate.
>>
>>29650122
>>29650102
Oops thought your post was the 111, my bad.
>>
File: neet759.jpg (38 KB, 759x422) Image search: [Google]
neet759.jpg
38 KB, 759x422
>>29649450
yea exercising everyday especially calisthenics helps moving forward.
>>
Im doing 40 - 150km of bicycling 4/5 times a week. Getting out there in nature for hours on end is comfy as fuck and clears the head. Of course getting in shape is great but I do it mostly for the comfyness of it all. Burning 3000kcal+ on 100km+ rides is nice too, I eat whatever I want and still lose weight.

It does tend to be dangerous at times when there is unexpected sand or something on the road which can knock you down hard. Luckily never injured myself or my bike too badly but its only a matter of time probably.
>>
>>29650177
cycling is for numale betas
>>
i should really start a daily cardio thing again.. my school has a damn gym for free and i havent gone
>>
>>29649450
Tell me how you began OP. I want to know how to start
>>
>>29650187
Not him but you're a huge faggot. Cycling out in nature is one of the most fun things you can do.
>>
PSA: Lifting doesn't make you more confident or stop your depression, it just gives you a higher chance of finding outside sources to make those changes.

I know from experience if the only thing that changes in your life after you start lifting is that now you lift you won't be any less depressed. Maybe you will get more confident if you can actually get noticeably and impressively swole but I highly doubt anyone on /r9k/ looking to solve there depression and lack of confidence through lifting will be able to muster up the consistent willpower, motivation and determination that it takes to get swole beyond 'normie I go to the gym 3-4 days a week for 45-90 minutes and drink whey protein and creatine status' which won't give you confidence.
>>
>>29650189
Being yourself is the most important step.
>>
>>29649779
>change your attitude

Why don't you tell him happiness is a choice and for him to just be himself while you're at it.n
>>
>>29649450
NEET here. Lift weights usually twice, every single day.

My back is getting wider every week.

Feels good 2bh.
>>
>>29650252
>twice every single day
Is lifting every day actually good or helpful?
If so I plan to do it. There have been recent studies that 6 days a week is very effective.
>>
>>29649863
Lift weights for more than just women. I'd be lying if I said it was only for me. I do it for my health, because I'm vain, and for women. I want to improve myself to the max.
>>
File: 1448196811457.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1448196811457.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>29650187
I bet you are one of those gym faggots who works out solely for aesthetic gains. Keep working those useless muscle groups because you are insecure about the way you look and keep telling yourself how people who do actual sports are betas.
>>
>>29650263
Eh. I only do it twice a day because I'm NEET. And the second workout is a lot smaller because I don't want to injure myself.

Usually do pull ups an easy 6-8 times a week. And Farmer walks every day.
>>
>>29649701
changing the way one looks or getting stronger at gym also teaches us about the tools we need to change for example using patience and dedication. we can use these tools for other aspects of life like getting new skills etc
>>
>>29650289
This is why when I see fat obese fuckers I assume they lack discipline in other areas of life. Not just their weight.
>>29650270
Please stop. This is just embarrassing. Lifting weights has a lot of benefits on human health and you'd be an ignorant fool to deny that.
>>
I just do body weight workouts and running since that's what my job requires but it feels good.

The best feeling is just knowing you can push your body further than what you could previously do and it just gives me more confidence in myself
>>
>>29650318
Elite anon. Keep it up.
>>
File: 1463346897105.jpg (98 KB, 269x328) Image search: [Google]
1463346897105.jpg
98 KB, 269x328
>get cinder blocks from backyard
>get a few bricks
>legs fit in the cinder block holes so i can do sit ups
>curling the bricks
>get a broom stick and suddenly i'm bench pressing cinder blocks
>squats
>rearrange room for high speed pacing for cardio
>stretching
>push ups
>made a pull up bar with some rope and a stick
>workout for at least an hour a day
>eating well
gyms are for normies
>>
File: 48769098.png (157 KB, 544x470) Image search: [Google]
48769098.png
157 KB, 544x470
Feels good.

I watch an episode of anime then do a set.
Anime feels like a complete waste of time even if I enjoy it. So I used to not watch it at all and just do nothing on the internet as always.

This gets me doing both. I'm starting to look pretty good. I almost have an exercise for most muscle groups with only a set of adjustable dumbbells.

Any NEETs have any back exercises you can do with minimal equipment?

Not sure if it's good form but you can get a more intense sit up going if you do them over the edge of your bed.
>>
>>29649450
What's your routine, lad
>>
>>29650397

do you have your workouts written down or can you link me to them somewhere online?

i got a set of adjustable dumbbells 2 weeks ago and have just been doing basic arm exercises because im uneducated and lazy
>>
>>29649450
I exercise but it's so irregular that I achieve nothing. I've been trying to develop a proper habit for years without success. Fucking kill me now.
>>
>>29650413
I just do whatever isn't sore that day.

I used to go to the gym with normie friends, went about 6 times and paid for a membership for over a year. Totally confused about what I should do and just did the basics that I knew when they went off and did their thing.

I'll try and look up the names of them.
Calves - calf raises
Thighs - squats
Abs - sit ups - superman/planking (if you like timed exercises)
Side of your abs? - "dumbbell side bend" - sideways planking
Chest - push ups - knuckle pushups - diamond pushups
shoulder - hold weights in each hand and shrug

You'll look funny if you don't do them equally "don't skip leg day" meme
>>
>>29650519
don't tell me you did a bodyweight routine at a fucking gym
>>
>>29650554
>Totally confused
They showed me a few things but they were too busy preening and spouting no homo so I did things that didn't need a spot.
>>
>>29649901
Dont worry about starting out with the empty bar. When you up the weight over time with the program, the workout will go from 30mins to an hour. The newbie gains will come pretty fast. Just make sure not to pig out on food, like i did.

I started with Greyskull LP(3 days a week), i still do it, but ive added in more accessories after the main lifts.
>>
>>29649450
I-I just do diamond pushups. What else should I do? I'm not going to purchase equipment that's normie shit.
>>
>>29650633
Well, if your going for the no gains then stick with it.
>>
>>29650649
I don't care about "gains" I'd rather lose weight desu
>>
File: 1421700391922.jpg (450 KB, 500x2838) Image search: [Google]
1421700391922.jpg
450 KB, 500x2838
>>29650413

Try this.

Planks.
Side Planks.
Good Mornings.
Squat.
Overhead Press.
One-Arm Dumbbell Row.
Bench Press. (If you have/can make a bench)
Bicep Curl.
>>
>>29650672
Ok..then go walk/running after the pushups.
>>
>>29650372

u gonna hurt urself one day. that ghetto gym of yours sounds dangerous as fuck
>>
>>29650413
>>29650680
If you got 2 chairs or just a chair and a bed, do some dips too. They will kill your triceps.
>>
>>29650519

thanks buddy, appreciate it
>>
>>29649450
>can see the reasons to shed the near hundred kilos of pointless fat I own
>anything less then considerable, immediate pain fails to motivate me
>nothing else comes close

I'm going to have a massive heart attack because that possibility can't make me care. Unless i'm in active pain there is no reason that has been able to motivate me
>>
File: char_78684.jpg (18 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_78684.jpg
18 KB, 210x240
>>29650372
>mfw punching bags of cement to get stronger
>>
>>29650177
I used to cycle for years for the same reason, comfyness. It's quality alone time but honestly, it's not good exercise. All you do is cardio and burn calories, like jogging. Which is cool but it's not enough, it won't improve the way your body looks and that's what's important. People should do less cardio and more upper body strength. I see guys run 10k every day, it's just not necessary and they end up looking like junkies.

>>29650189
I wanted to impress a crush. Not OP btw. I do abs and chest 5 times a week. Not much, just 25-30 minutes each day, just enough to keep me toned. It kinda improves my mood too. I used to run too but it got boring, plus I lost a lot of weight and it just didn't look right.
>>
>>29650372
>does cardio in the backyard
you are a true robot
>>
I started doing this every other day. Is this a good routine considering I barely leave my room?

>15 pushups
>25 squats
>50 crunches

I just started and am weak as fuck so this is all I can do at the moment.
>>
>>29650047
To be fair it was an original comment.
>>
>>29651516

Start doing it 3 times a day and maybe it will do something.
>>
>>29651516
It's a start but don't stick with it for too long. Double everything after 2-3 weeks.
>>
File: 1466029449877.png (57 KB, 276x256) Image search: [Google]
1466029449877.png
57 KB, 276x256
>>29651477
i do it in my room
>>
>>29651516
Get some kind of pull up for pull ups and chin ups.
>>
>>29652672
>some kind of pull up bar
>>
>>29652672
Is there any way to train the muscles you would while doing pull ups without the equipment? I'm literally completely broke.
>>
If you're a NEET and you aren't /fit/, you have a problem.
>>
File: 61DUEUZTYLL._SL1500_.jpg (64 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
61DUEUZTYLL._SL1500_.jpg
64 KB, 1500x1500
>>29652828
For pull ups, doing arm curls with something heavy would give your arms a similar workout. I can't think of anything that would work your back out as effectively as these 2 exercises. I've had the basic iron gym for years and that's what I use. It's great for push ups too. You could probably find a lightly used one cheap.
>>
>>29653114
They were cheaper than I though, just bought one. Thanks anon.
>>
>tfw work as bike messenger
>get fit as fug and make money at the same time
>>
>>29650030
You stupid useless cunt you don't even know if it's a good program or not, I bet you've never lifted, I bet you've never done anything even remotely well. Because all you do is try to mock people who actually do. Fuck you, you human cancer, not just in the context of society but in the context of this already shit board. I hate you so fucking much
>>
>>29649450
I've been either jogging for 30 minutes everyday on the treadmill or going for walks that range between 2-8 miles long.
>>
>>29653856
>being this butthurt

How much do you even bench bro
>>
>>29650680
>i can now run one more hour than i previously could
what kind of retarded form of measurement is that, I swear that pisses me off every time I read it
>>
>shit genes
>try to run, heart shoots up over 200 BPM
>try to lift, back hurts for days if I lift 60lbs (yes, I'm a 220 lb 5'7" male and can't lift more than 60lbs)
>brother had spinal disks replaced because they were dust
>one parent and sibling have asthma, both parents had joint shit
If it didn't feel like my body was screaming at me and it didn't make me want to die, I could probably deal with it. What is the evolution of pain causing feelings of not wanting to be alive? How could it in any way be useful
>>
File: geralt.png (308 KB, 610x885) Image search: [Google]
geralt.png
308 KB, 610x885
>>29649901
Stronglifts is a solid program, It's what I started with and I made ample novice gains.

Stick with squatting the bar until you feel you have your formed dialled in, and then experiment with weight until you find one where 5 reps is mildly exerting.

Stick with that program - eat a clean caloric surplus with ample protein, and get some gains anon.

Good luck
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.