[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>whole life I squat using my tippie-toes >look at pics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9
File: squat.jpg (81 KB, 560x376) Image search: [Google]
squat.jpg
81 KB, 560x376
>whole life I squat using my tippie-toes
>look at pics of people squatting
>realize they do it flat-footed
>try literally for months to squat like that, but I can't do it. I physically cannot squat like normal people do. I can't do no many how many times I try.

What the fuck is wrong with me? Do I even have a regular human body? I feel so fucked up.
>>
>>29648952
On the opposite perspective of this subject, I can't comprehend how one could go their whole life squatting without doing it flat-footed, so there's that.
>>
>>29648952
I have the same problem OP
I actually cannot do it, if I try to I fall over on my back
>>
>>29648952
you just need to get more flexible, not being able to squat properly is common for sedentary people or people who never squated properly in their life
take a week or two of practicing and you'll be able to do it
>>
Me too OP, were you ever fat/are you fat?
If so, that's why. You can't properly squat because your thighs and hamstrings are too weak/under too much stress from your weight, so you have to squat/have learned to squat on your toes because the only spare strength you have is in your calves. I was the same way because I grew up fat, so that's the only way I could ever squat.
Now I've been trained, seen a doctor, and apparently that's pretty common if you've grown up overweight/are overweight.
>>
>>29649018
Yeah, as someone who used to be fat, I still have huge thighs.
>>
That's just flexibility, try holding onto a little weight then squatting (goblet squat).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvGr7wXQfwE
>>
>>29649038
Meant calves, damnit.
>>
>>29648952
That kind of squat is called the Asian squat because it's mostly Asian people that can do it. Some other people can do it too, but for others it's impossible. It's just how the body works.
>>
>>29649038
Guy who is currently chubby but used to be huge, and is working the weight off.
My calves are strong as hell, but I have to ask, will my thighs be as well? My upper body is quite strong as I've been lifting for a while but I can still only squat and deadlift tiny weights because my being overweight means I have little strength left over.

Will I be able to squat more once I lose weight?
>>
>>29649069
Well, it happened that way for me.
>>
>>29649083
Very good to hear, thank you.
I feel so pathetic being 230 lbs but only being able to squat 95 lbs.
>>
>>29648952
You have tight hamstrings
>>
>>29649055
It is also the proper way to slav squat
>>
>>29648952
how can anyone not do this?
>>
It is impossible for me to sqaut flat footed why?
>>
>>29651784
Does it really fucking matter?
>>
>>29651784
Go get an adidas tracksuit that'll help.
>>
File: _MG_7065.jpg (492 KB, 1178x785) Image search: [Google]
_MG_7065.jpg
492 KB, 1178x785
I think it has to do with the fact that Western people have been sitting on their ass for most of their lives, as opposed to poor people who squat everywhere. It could also do with genetics. I always sit but I can squat properly with no problem. I'm from the Balkans so maybe there's a connection there.
>>
>>29648952
squats the exercise?
holy shit
if you've been on your toes, your knees are gone
enjoy surgeries and limited mobility
>>
>>29652099

humans are MEANT to squat. its literally a western thing.

you're meant to squat when you shit too.
>>
>>29652144
Can you suck your own dick

oreganonotevensurprisedtbh
>>
>>29652181

nah, penis isn't long enough and i have too much tummy fat.

i could almost reach the tip when i was young though.
>>
>>29648952
How can you squat on your tippie-toes? I just tried it and had some serious balance issues and its very unnatural
>>
>>29648952
A lot of people can't squat flat-footed, my mother can't, i can. about your balance center (how would you say that in english ?).
>>
holy shit i just realised i was doing it on tippy-toes all my life too. noone ever called me out for it on gym class so i didnt think it was the wrong way. i cant do it properly .
>>
>>29652229
Center of balance
>>
>>29652229
>your balance center (how would you say that in english ?)
center of gravity, probably
>>
>>29648952
I would by my ankles do not dorsiflex to the degree required to bring my center of mass over my feet in the pictured position. I can only squat on my toes my whole life. So I'm like OP.
>>
>>29648952
>Shitty ankle mobility.
>Shitty hip mobility.
>Tight hamstrings.
>Tight calves.
>Probably anterior pelvic tilt.
That's what happens when you have shit posture and are sedentary.
>>
How retarded do you have to be to think that you're supposed to squat on your toes?
>>
Only in shitty countries where the average person can't afford chairs to people squat like that, not being able to do a slav/asian squat is the result of shortened achilies tendon present in most western people due to actually owning comfortable furniture.

Only really modern country taht has people who can all do it is Japan, but they are also are manlets, and bow legged
>>
>>29652521
Not being able to squat properly also means your posture is most likely shit. Which means you look like a fucking hunchback or donald duck. It also makes it more likely you'll injure yourself/get degenerative processes.

People in the west are more likely to be able to afford forgoing physical exercise and eat a shit ton of food, it doesn't mean they should.

You don't have to squat all day. Just a bit of physical exercise and stretching is enough to make sure your body is actually capable of all the movements it's designed for.
>>
Its the proper squat, its how you squat in the gym

Tippie toe squat is pussy mode
>>
>>29652674
>Designed for

The human body wasn't designed

>If you exercise

I run every other day for 20 minutes and do weightl ifting every other day as well, still can't squat my ass to the floor with flat feet unless my stance is super wide.

Being able to do an asian squat means literally nothing other than a shortened tendon, the only reason to practice an asian squat is to be able to asian squat.

It has no health ramifications, and It had shit to do with posture, my posture is perfect. Most westerners can't do it, because we sit in fucking chairs, or Indian Cross if on the ground, that's it.

Japs are very sedentary as well, they're slim physiques are due to mostly plant based diets, not exercise. They can squat because they squat since being young, not because they live active lifestyles
>>
>>29650610
That is not a proper slav squat, friend. Elbows are inside the knees, and there is neither a bottle of suspicious liquid nor a cigarette. Besides, they're smiling.
>>
>>29652863

It makes you look like you're taking a shit, as that's the only reason to squat like that, if you're shitting in the woods, or live in India. I have a toilet, and anybody can squat feet flat on the floor with an olympic bar helping press them down.
>>
Well, if you can't squat properly, it's likely due to a shortened achilles tendon caused by either spending too much of your life sitting or genetics (your dad spending too much of his life sitting)
>>
>>29652869
>The human body wasn't designed.
Calm your fedora, it's a figure of speech.

>do weightl ifting
Post routine.

>It has no health ramifications, and It had shit to do with posture, my posture is perfect.
Sure, having shortened achilles tendons just means you're at an severly elevated risk of rupture. No biggie.
It is totally possible for someone to maintain proper orientation and balance throughout the entire kinetic chain when the very fundament is fucked up. That's why the foundation is the least important part of any structure.
>>
>>29652971
>genetics (your dad spending too much of his life sitting)
this is how people on /r9k/ think genetics works
>>
>>29653102
BP 5x10
Barbell Rows 5x10
Curls 3xfailure
V crunches 3x failure

On top of all the cardio.

>inb4 muh deadlifts
>muh squats

I squat occasionally butI already have 27 inch legs at 180lbs 6ft, I don't think they need to be any bigger, also I have no goals of getting fucking SWOLE.

Also risk of rupture, kek.
citation needed, if your tendon is flexible enough to run and sprint, you're good.

>inb4 a /fit/izen tells me my routine is shit and I'm never gonna make it
>>
Its because the muscles in the front of your feet legs and rest of the body are stronger than the back muscles. Because Asians squat their whole lives and you lean against stuff, muscles that are unused atrophy
>>
>>29653126
This is how epigenetics works
>>
>>29653195
>>inb4 a /fit/izen tells me my routine is shit and I'm never gonna make it

You are going to make it if you aim for trap mode
>>
>>29653195
>inb4 a /fit/izen tells me my routine is shit and I'm never gonna make it
Your routine is utter dog-shit.

>Also risk of rupture, kek.
A shortened tendon is by definition not flexible enough. What is geometry, right?

>Depending on the level of inflexibility in the ankle, it may cause a complete inability to perform a movement, or create a negative knock-on effect all the way up the posterior chain with the serious potential to cause an injury. Poor ankle mobility causes the tibia to be dragged into a more vertical position, the trunk to lean forward and the loss of a neutral spine (as well as a host of other maladies).
>>
I'm overweight and i can do it. I'm from the balkans and we squat daily here
>>
>>29648952
guess you're not a slav you faggot
>>
>>29652971
so there's no way to fix it, therefore I can continue sitting on my ass
>>
>>29653404
>A shortened tendon to the point where you can't do an asian poop squat is the same as having a tendon so atrophied you;re in for a catastrophic injury

also my routien shit? I guarantee I;m in better shape than you and far better shape than the average /fit/ goer, I've seen body threads on fit and 90% IS PEOPLE WHO LOOK LIKE SHIT. Not wanting to be FUCKING ZYZZ BRAH, doesn't mean my routine is shit, it keeps me strong and healthy.

I bet you don't do cardio because IT KILLS GAINS right?

I can't do the asian squat with a shoulder width stance, and exercise probably twice as much as you and you're retarded bro split, so nah, I don't think it's an injury waiting to happen.
>>
I just tried it and I think it's about the technique of the squat. Stand flat footed and lower your ass while maintaining balance. I'm overweight so it can't be a weight issue.
>>
File: eliza squat.jpg (63 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
eliza squat.jpg
63 KB, 640x426
same op

i squat like eliza
>>
>>29648952
You can, you just need to stretch more. You are on your tippie toes due to inflexible hamstrings and lower back. Keep stretching and you will get flat footed.
>>
File: IMG_0259.jpg (216 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0259.jpg
216 KB, 640x1136
>>29653490
Even Eliza has improved her squat. I'm in a skype group with her and she now squats on her flat feet.
>>
>>29648952
I can't squat flat-footed either, but then again I'm about 30lbs overweight.
>>
>>29653554
Do you have the full video? She's qt.
>>
>>29653585
Don't think I should upload it for her privacy honestly. She is cute tho.
>>
How do I improve my flexibility lads?
>>
>>29648984
Flat-footed is much easier. Your muscles are mostly relaxed. On toes you have to actively tense your muscles to stay balanced.
>>
>>29653624
>Flat-footed is much easier.
or a bit easier, or a bit harder, or much harder, or impossible, depending on the person
>>
File: vercetti.jpg (55 KB, 500x635) Image search: [Google]
vercetti.jpg
55 KB, 500x635
t. vercetti does a flat-footed squat when you make him crouch. Pretty flexible/nimble for some 36 going on 37 wiseguy with a slight gut.
>>
File: lotuspose.jpg (52 KB, 294x376) Image search: [Google]
lotuspose.jpg
52 KB, 294x376
>>29649055

No, everyone can do it, some people just never learn to use their body and how to perform basic movements like walking or sitting. It's as advanced form of retardation because everyone is able to do it but for some reason the defects struggle to get in the very simple position. Next you'll try and act like sitting cross legged is something only Asians can do too.
>>
>>29653456
Yes, as I said, you're routine is dogshit. Too much volume, too few compounds, you claim not to be an aesthetics bro yet only work out 'aesthetics' muscles, curls to failure routinely, v-crunches are retarded once you are as huge as you claim to be. You didn't cite frequency and loading scheme so I assume you still train with linear progression or for maintenance.

But yeah, sure, you're a beast; I hate cardio and do bro-splits and you're so much bigger than anyone and yada-yada-yada.

I get it: bio-mechanics is wrong and you're right, have a nice one mate.
>>
Spent three months in Uganda with only a ten foot drop to shit into as a toilet with flies landing on my ball sack on a daily basis. Had to force myself to squat flat footed... the danger of slipping was too great. Man I miss those days
>>
>>29653874
Sounds shitty, not sure why you'd miss it.
>>
>>29653916

I'm guessing there were other parts that were nice. I can't imagine anything good about Uganda but I doubt he spent the entire trip is the latrine.
>>
>>29653845
Yeah bio mechanics breh, guess it's just a miracle I haven't suffered an injury because I can't asian squat. Or, it's not relevant, hard to say. Fucking MIRACLE, or it's not a bid deal. I wonder.
>>
>>29653916
>because le people who have nothing are happier and value little things more experience xD
>>
>>29653916
When you live with very little you have very little to worry about. Despite the malaria, typhoid and political riots, those were probably the best days of my life. Climbing to the tops of trees to pick avocados and jackfruit for lunch and then riding a motorbike deep into the villages to teach kids who couldn't speak a word of English what a johnny is... Going to born again churches and seeing people get possessed by Satan and then being blessed.... good times
>>
>>29654029
Still sounds shitty to me, but I won't knock on it too hard, it sounds like you look back fondly on it. Keep on doin u anon
>>
Asians tend to be able to squat flat-footed almost all the time. In fact Asians are better balanced when squatting in general.
>>
I cant squat with my feel flat on the ground either, my ankles aren't flexible enough.
>>
>>29653971
>You are greatly elevating your risk of injury.
>I didn't injure myself so it's a fucking miracle or you're lying.
My uncle smokes 2 packs a day and drinks 2 bottles of vodka a week. He's still alive at 65. So I guess smoking and drinking isn't bad like all those doctor 'tards claim it is, right?
>>
>>29654180
>greatly

Well, been exercising for 5 years, so apparently it's not that great, or something would've snapped by now.

You're clearly inflating the importance of being able to squat flat footed. Not being able to asian squat doesn't mean you're headed for snap city.

He may be alive, but is he healthy?
>>
>>29654224
The biggest risk factor for achilles tendon rupture is physical activity esp. running and jumping. So anyone who does that should look to minimize other risk factors as much as possible. A bit of stretching won't kill you.

My whole point is that having good mobility is important for maintaining musco-skeletal health. If you think you don't need to work on yours, fine, but don't be the idiot who claims that well established facts are bullshit.

You may be able to work-out your whole life without getting injured - that doesn't change the fact that poor ankle mobility is a defect and not something inconsequential.
>>
>>29653195
So you only do these exercises?

I can tell you have no gains, and that if you're OP you wouldn't have damaged anything because you're probably going lightweight and stopping as soon as you feel discomfort.

If this is not true then you can go ahead and post a picture of your body
>>
>>29648952
How the fuck do i even flat-squat ?
>>
>>29654919
I don't post images of myself on 4chan faggot, I've nothing to prove, either believe it or don't, I can bench 2plates, and my squat and deadlift are both 275lbs, because that's all the weight I have at my home gym.

I do other exercises, like pull ups, plate raises, just not every session, I mix it up, the listed routine is just what I do most sessions.

Fitness isn't about lifting LMAO4plates.
If you're a bodybuilder go for it, call me weak if you want, everybody I've ever met in real life, you know, off the internet disagrees.
>>
>>29648952
that's just a mobility problem, check out ido portals 30-min squatting program, it migth help you
>>
>>29654180
>personal anecdotes trump statistics
>there is no such thing as exceptions to the rule
>>
>>29655045
>claims to be in better "shape" than 90% of /fit/.
>"lmao it's not all about weights and shit, fuck programming."
>is proud of running 20 minutes.
>is angry that anyone points out that poor mobility is a flaw and not some sign of cultural superiority of the west.
>thinks the only benefit of squats is larger legs.
>brags about his fitness, gets defensive when people point out he is very low-tier for someone who has been "lifting for 5 years."
>>
>>29655250
Top-fucking-kek you fucking mongoloid:

I used that anecdote precisely to demonstrate that personal anecdotes are of dubious value.
When you read a reply to a post then it never hurts to read the linked post. Even that wouldn't have been necessary if you hadn't failed sarcasm 101 and 2nd grade reading comprehension.
>>
It's important to have good ankle mobility if you plan on high bar/front squatting or doing weightlifting movements (c&j/snatch). Ankle dorsiflexion is one of the most important things to work on when you're improving your squat. You can put a bandaid on it by squatting with 5 lb plates underneath your heels or by wearing weightlifting shoes.
>>
>>29648952
When I'm attempting to squat as an exercise I can do it flat-footed but when I try and squat for comfort (i.e. the slav squat) I can only do it on tip-toes. I think it has something to do with my arms throwing off my balance.
>>
>>29651784
Drink some vodka
>>
>>29655274
Shape is more than just about how much you lift, I've regularly done cardio and weightlifting for years. I'd say my conditioning is far better than 90% of fits

Only low tier for people who think anything less than being a power lifter makes you weak.

All of my compound lifts are significantly more than bodyweight, by real life standards, that makes you strong.

>Running for 20 minutes

The average person can't even run for 5 without slowing to a walk, I can obviously run longer, 20 minutes suits my schedule and my needs. But again, internet standards, running 2+ miles isn't real cardio amirite? Anything less than 6 is jsut bitchwork
>>
>>29655385
>Shape is more than just about how much you lift
Precisely, it's about strength, endurance and, get this, mobility.
That's my whole fucking point. You can't be truly fit and functional if you can't do a basic movement.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-8gsWZqDBM

This video explains everything
>>
>>29653720
Nah you're retarded I knew a dancer who couldn't do it flat footed.
>>
>>29648952
Normal people squat on their tip toes
only slavs do it flat naturaly
>>
File: 1465233472943.jpg (239 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
1465233472943.jpg
239 KB, 1280x850
>>29656870
I'm a slav and I can do both but only for a short time
>>
I've become a good squatter, I squat on my boyfriend's dick all the time it's caused meto have a nice muscular ass
>>
>>29653490
She looks so sad
Is this recent? She said she was moving out
>>
Same here OP, I actually just figured this out recently too

I have tight hamstrings, very weak and inflexible muscles, can't squat, can't lift my leg up straight beyond a certain point, cant reach down to my toes etc

Shit sucks but I guess thats what happens when you sit on your ass on the PC for 10+ hours a day for years.

I tried squatting again recently today, and only by holding my hands around the doorway wall and carefully lowering my body was I able to do a half squat, still with knees going past the toes though, but also I got slight pain in my back when I tried it again so I stopped for now.

I also have a herniated disk though which makes shit 10x worse and painful to do anything but basic bodily movements, but I also can't walk without my front pelvis moving forward with the right leg, to compensate for pain, so not only am inflexible and feel like a tightly woven string but I also have pain and compensatory changes in my body as a result of the pain.

Shit sucks
>>
It's a flexibility thing because you sit on your ass all day. Women also have this problem because they wear high heeled shoes.
>>
This is a guide to some nice exercises for mobility that I believe a lot of youtube douche bodybuilders refer to:

https://kat.cr/steve-maxwell-encyclopedia-of-joint-mobility-total-joint-muscle-and-body-fitness-flexibility-and-strength-t9722319.html
>>
>>29649055
It's literally just a deep ass squat what the fuck. Do flexibility exercises for a few days and you'll be able to do it
>>
I can do this and I sit on my computer all day. It's a bit tiring though.
>>
>>29649103
I'm another big dude. 225. I can squat 185 now, and that's after like three weeks of SS. Go up 10 pounds a day until it becomes a struggle, then 5. Read the SS book. The scale doesn't change quickly for us chubbos, but your body will change quickly instead. Tighter chests, looser stomach sections, all that. Honestly light cardio does wonders if you're also sleeping enough and eating well--I started at 235 a month ago, for example.

The changes in flexibility, back pain, and general mood are amazing from this type of exercise, and it's helping me fight some pretty god-awful depression too. We're gonna make it senpai.
>>
>>29653195
You can't squat because you don't squat. Squats and DLs strengthen and stretch your hip flexors and hamstrings HEAVILY. Of course you can't use a part of your body that's atrophied.

Your attitude doesn't help. Instead of fixing the problem and trying to learn how to add something new into your routine that's a proven benefit, you're arguing on the internet about how you "can't". Why spend so much energy fighting being wrong? You ARE wrong. The sooner you get over it the sooner you can correct your mistake.
>>
File: 23849238423.gif (112 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
23849238423.gif
112 KB, 500x372
how is it not better to squat with toes? it takes more skill and you look like a bad ass
>>
File: 625.jpg (16 KB, 321x285) Image search: [Google]
625.jpg
16 KB, 321x285
>>29659215
Would you rather lift lmao2pl8 with your entire lower body, or with your toes, calves, and ankles?

Y'all need to go read Starting Strength. No excuses. You don't have to follow his diet plans and workout routines if you don't want to, but you DO need to be educated about the optimal operation of your body if you intend to lift weights and not end up in Snap City.
>>
>>29659394
>lift
what
we're talking about casual squatting here. like what slavs and indians do.
not the work out kind.
>>
>>29659449
Change "lmao2pl8" to "your oversized gut"
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.