[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I cut down to 1500 calories (5'8 195lbs) and workout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1463373889969.png (635 KB, 756x715) Image search: [Google]
1463373889969.png
635 KB, 756x715
If I cut down to 1500 calories (5'8 195lbs) and workout will I lose weight
Is it that easy?
>>
>>29648430
yea but dont
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bmr_calculator.htm have this and cut that number by about 500-1000 of what it says your metabolic rate is at. you dont want to do any damage
>>
>>29648430
Yeah. Pretty sure.
It is possible to lose weight and gain muscle mass at the same time. It happened to me but I hate a lot of protein (mostly tofu and legumes). But generally it's probably best to focus on one or the other it seems. If you want to lose weight more, just don't expect to gain muscle mass as quickly I guess.
>>
1200 if you're a woman
1500 max if you're a man

that includes without working out
>>
>>29648430
Don't have to work out really. Diet is 80% of it. If you body uses ~2500 calories and you only intake 1500 calories you'll lose about 1.5lbs per week.

All exercise is gonna do (other than cardio health and building muscle) is increase the amoutn of calories your body uses by like 200-500 depending how strenuous the exercise is, so it might bump you up from like 1.5lbs to 1.75-2lbs per week.
>>
>>29648607
One thing I'm confused on is if I eat 1000 calories let's say
And I burn 300
Do I eat another 300 to be back at 1000?
>>
>>29648630
theres 3.5k calories in a pound.i'm too stupid to say the math so bear with me friend

but say you went total anorexic you would lose 1500/1200 a day just by not eating depending on body weight

but you gotta eat. say you do cardio everyday to lose 500 calories but you ate 1k of calories, that is 500 calories you lost for the day.

theres more too it anon. i just ate beans n rice and did cardio for about 2 months and lost almost 20 pounds.

i'm sure my math is wrong in some parts but whatever fuck it
>>
>>29648624
It's still healthy to exercise, and it might help your metabolism not slow down too much, and help you keep muscle mass (if you get enough protein), and if you just cut what you eat instead of exercising, you could end up lacking certain nutrients (calories aren't everything).
>>
>>29648430
Just follow the instructions here:

http://fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/

It treats weight loss as an engineering problem, not a medical problem.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.