[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
writing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: stupid fucking bitch.gif (1009 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
stupid fucking bitch.gif
1009 KB, 500x500
do any of you robots write?
>>
I'm writer
>>
I write. I am writing a screenplay based on Ancient GreeK Gods with some changes. Also working on a novel and a short story collection.

Right now I'm being lazy and watching Dragonball Super though.
>>
>>29645984
I am good at writing but I have no ideas, I freelance for quick cash and use to write shitty sanic fanfiction when I was 14

no bully plz
>>
>>29645984
Yes.
I don't know what else you wanted out of this.
>>
I've done a lot of freelance writing and used to make a decent bit of money off it. I think I cleared about $4,000 last November, with most of that money coming from student theses and academic essays. I've also done some advertising jobs and recruitment ads for small businesses.

I've helped several of my friends with medical school applications. One of them cried because he thought that I did such a good job of telling his story. Another had an interviewer comment that he had a very touching set of experiences.

Feels pretty okay, but I'm too lazy to do any writing on my own. I've been tossing around an idea for a story since I was sixteen or seventeen and have written a grand total of one page. I don't know if I'll ever finish. However, I've really started to get these urges to write for myself rather than the immediate payoffs I'm used to. I think it'd be fun, but I'm often too exhausted to do much more than sit around home after work.
>>
I write fiction about stuff I'm interested in but it will never leave my PC because it's pretty bad and I can't take criticism.
>>
>>29645984
Shit amateur screenwriter. Working on making an actual short film. Thinking about making a fake trailer just to get some good funding.

I'd like to share the first draft with you all.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6uwaxNQt5HRRjFwOTVVYzROM1k
>>
I write music. Y'all wanna see and judge?
>>
>>29646393
suer
>>
Yes, I write films, stage plays, and punk songs.
>>
File: autism.png (70 KB, 924x465) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
70 KB, 924x465
r8 my story

>tfw my thread on /mu/ just got beleted
>>
Life is a dance, in tune with the symphony.

Life without plants, is a tune put in misery.

HA
>>
I target niches that I think could have high demand then write erotica which is consumed by middle age women.
I have some experience in graphic design so I make my own non-shitty covers. I do a small amount of promotion (shilling) on certain websites and forums.
Most of my titles are around 12k words but one series is around 30k words per title.
Last month I made around 3k from this and revenue continues to increase despite output decreasing.

I wouldn't really call this writing and I'm really wondering if I could create a bot that could spew out similar quality work.
>>
>>29646393
Yis + blox
>>
I used to write short stories a lot until I realized they were shit and no one was reading them. Also I'm terrible at creating original ideas, so I would usually end up just recycling stuff from movie or books that I liked. And then halfway through a story, I'd get bored or have no idea what to write, so I'd start half assing it. The tone would go from serious to making sense to fucking comedy tier with nothing making sense. There was this one time where I had a story about a man who travels through dimensions which I liked writing at first, but then got disgusted because it was basically Doctor Who. Plus I had no idea how I could anything more then like 10 pages about uninteresting characters doing literally nothing important.
>>
I want to write a little fiction about life on Titan, but obviously i'll never finish it
>>
>>29646665
I know the feeling.

I tried to push myself to finish a script once, long after I stopped giving a shit. It came out fucking horribly.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6uwaxNQt5HReUZObGxJUTltTEU

Haven't read it in a while, might have to look over it again.
>>
>>29645984
Yes. I wrote the marina story you fags followed for weeks thinking it was legit.

I'm still laffin
>>
I write anime fetish fanfiction on deviantart.

Kill me please.
>>
>>29646853
At first I thought this was dumb but then I realized that was on purpose and it's a pretty funny little short. With some polishing it could be really good anon, I like it a lot.
>>
>>29647038
Why?

Oregani comalion
>>
>>29647046
Reading it again makes me cringe. It's probably the longest script I've ever finished.

A bunch of little details just don't make any sort of sense. I'd designed this with specific shots in mind, so I wasn't paying attention to how it sounded.

It has elements of a good script, but when it fails it fucking flops.
>>
>>29646189
It's shit.

Only thing worthwhile is the fact the guy is named Bill Wilson, but not a single bane post.

Honestly did you fail English in high school? Where you even trying? Where you just mashing keys?

I hope you weren't serious about this, it's been a while since I've read anything THIS bad.

I'd suggest trying to write a short story before trying to write a script. Or maybe pursue another career, because you have little hope here.

>>29646853
It's not good, but it's not awful.

Just REALLY lame. Nothing interesting happens, the dialogue is forced as fuck and boring. Maybe if you made it into a short movie, you could supplement shitty dialogue with good screen work.

But as it stands, start with a short story, before you try a script.
>>
>>29647166
Really? Huh.

I was planning on doing both as a short film. The first one I was really wanting to do as a sleazy neon-nightlife film with elements of The Warriors in there.

The second was the one I always post in threads as "the shit script", one of the worst things I've ever written. I was planning on making it a noir parody.

The second one eventually morphed into this (note: it's rough as shit): https://youtu.be/K-XIm_r6EQs
>>
>>29646925
Kek nice work faggot
>>
>>29646081
Possibly to show some of your shit?
>>
>>29647279
>That acting
>Trenchcoat and fedora
>GMC yukon
>Walgreens
>That dialogue
>That sax
>Sound quality
>Film quality
>Everything quality

10/10 potential for a comedy mocking the noir style of film.
>>
What I try to do is put one song on repeat that matches the tone I'm going for while writing and it helps. I like to imagine my shit playing out as if it were a movie, but that makes dialogue really awkward admittedly. I want to write all of it out like a script or comic, just back to back talking without descriptive interruptions and it fucks with me.
>>
>>29647641
Thanks senpai, appreciate it.

Le Original Comment
>>
>>29647684
What year is the GMC though? I fucking love American vehicles, especially trucks and SUVs

But you should totally try making a comedy mocking noir style. It would be pretty original seeing as it's pretty rare.

Watch Airplane or something, and try some visual gags. They're usually more fun.
>>
Anyone interested in theatre? I have been writing a play. Here is the 3rd draft, from last year. The 4th draft is a lot different and much improved if you ask me but it isn't done yet so I can't post it. Also placeholder title btw, trying to think of something else but while writing it I noticed it had (for me anyway) a similar thematic arc to NLDW.

Anyway it's pretty long so if no one wants to read it I understand, would love to hear some robot feedback though

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxdOPvt4UK3JWVdib3pwZjVSOHM/view?usp=sharing
>>
>>29645984
i do, here's a sample:

Of all the ginormous raging faggots in the world, OP was the foremost.
>>
>>29647739
are you doing okay?
is everything all right, senpai?

why do you think that your post was warranted? is anything bothering you?
>>
>>29647723
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfYUh_rezWg
you might like this
>>
File: 1467002901713.jpg (344 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1467002901713.jpg
344 KB, 633x758
>>29647759
slowly dying of loneliness
>>
File: image.png (64 KB, 494x374) Image search: [Google]
image.png
64 KB, 494x374
>>29647732
It's really good, holy shit. Keep this up, I haven't stopped reading.
>>
Gonna bump for the love of literature.
>>
>>29648273
thanks man, i appreciate it. i haven't been working on it like i should, i really need to get the current draft done. thank you for reading it.
>>
In the year 2042 a US Government probe detects a transmission from an unkown extra-terrestrial civilization estimated 19.6 light years from Earth, marking first contact with alien life on Earth. The nature of the transmission is interpreted as violent, and the black operation Project Samson is put into effect. Using Project Orion technology an asteroid estimated at 10km in diameter and 9km deep begins to be accelerated towards the star system the transmission originated from. It is intended for this asteroid become locked into orbit with the only planet detected in the system.

In the year 2053 an alien species utilises a planetwide weapon designed to render the ability of mankind to maintain it's technological level inept. An event known now as "The Blinding" occurs in which every living human experiences complete memory loss, and is forced into an artificial 50 year stasis. This is followed by several large nuclear detonations in Earth's atmosphere, resulting in an electromagnetic-pulse covering the majority of the earth. Many humans die during the stasis itself, and many more when they awake from starvation and dehydration. Those few government officials who manage to find shelter in vast, prepared, underground complexes find themselves trapped into extinction.

Almost 3000 years pass and the last remnants of humanity live a hunter gatherer lifestyle in constant fear of death. The Angels from high above abduct entire villages with impunity, and scouts have even reported settlements of the unholy beings beginning to suddenly appear. Hope remains only in the form of "The Saxonite", a human prophesised to exact vengeance on the invaders and deliver humanity into an age of peace.
>>
The world is in turmoil after a series of supernatural appearances occur following a solar eclipse. Soon it becomes apparent that any human being can sell their eternal soul for power and wealth in the physical realm. The prospect of eternal damnation is still not enough to turn many of the worlds poorest and most impoverished away from selling their souls and demons begin pouring into the world. Each demon is unique to the person who summoned it, and often takes on features of the person's religion or beliefs. To more easily convince the living into bargaining with their souls, a demon may take on the aspect of an Angel to seduce a priest, or a great animal spirit to humble a pagan. Overall, people who are unhappy with themselves or their social standing are more susceptible to unholy persuasion.

The governments of the world begin to see this problem as unavoidable, and set up military branches dedicated to combating these evil spirits who may not necessarily require brute force to banish from the physical realm. Taking on the characteristics of human religions also give them the weaknesses of said religions, an angel may be weak to unholy satanic symbols, a devil might burn at the sight of holy water, a Norse spirit may have to be beaten in battle.

The story follows the exploits of two members of one of these government organisations.
>>
John Smith is an illegal Russian migrant living in Miami, Florida in the late 80s. He sells military surplus brought in from his friends in the old country to whoever will buy. He spends his nights taking whatever concoction of drugs he can afford. One night in a drug fueled joyride he becomes launched through time into Anglo-Saxon England. He is discovered and manages to roughly communicate that he isn't from here through a combination of broken English and hand signals. The locals believe should be executed as a heretic upon them seeing John's necklace, a golden hammer and sickle, as they mistake him for a Mohammedan. He manages to cow them into fear by retrieving a TEC--9 from the trunk of his Toyota and slaying several local knights. This impresses the local king and results in him being granted a lordship. A very confused scribe creates his heraldry, emblazoned on it a bad rendition of a Toyota and a TEC-9. John orders his newfound bannermen to tow his Toyota around on horseback to save fuel, and he has a suit of armour made to prepare him for a coming war with the rival English Kingdom of Mercia. The remainder of the story is John getting into situations which are solved humorously by throwaway modern devices. He survives a duel by being able to see facing the sun, due to his sunglasses. He fights wielding a crowbar grafted onto a sword hilt, which consists of almost legendary quality metal compared to the skills of medieval craftsmen.
>>
>>29649540
Damn pretty good. You could probably split those up into different stories though, I feel like having that all occur in a single story would be swamping it with too much lore.
>>
There was once a city by the sea, Arthon. A cornucopia of knowledge and wisdom, it's harbour through which opulent wealth flowed day and night. This powerful agrarian republic supported a large standing army with it's fertile fields and rich trade, but one thing set this city state apart from all others. The Magi. The Magi were the true power behind the city, and they drew their energies from the Alyxian stone within their great halls. Their most closely guarded relic, said to be the heart of a fallen angel, this stone was the light from which every acolyte of the arcane drew their energy. Anyone wishing to join the Cult of Light would have to first prove themselves by placing a hand upon the holy stone, becoming imbued with it's power, gaining the ability to harness it for their own purpose. For forty years Arthon grew, but they were now to learn they were not alone on the Island of Kos. The forest which engulfed the many valleys and mountains of Kos provided a constant source of timber for the growing nation, but an ancient and angered people lived within the depths of it. Old and powerful Magi had long since sensed the spirits of the forest, but in their pride disregarded them as a dormant and bestial entity, no match for the holy light of the Alyxian stone. Now they awoke, and the dark and primal people who followed them began to stir within the woods. Hunters and fishermen at heart, they lived in caves and among the roots of trees within ravines hidden from the knights of Arthon. However, patrols now began to go out into the feral forest and never return. Scouts reported unholy sacrifices and dark shrines appearing more and more numerously, closer and closer to the gates of Arthon.

For the first time, the Magi were afraid.
>>
File: orange dorito meme hair.jpg (310 KB, 1230x1000) Image search: [Google]
orange dorito meme hair.jpg
310 KB, 1230x1000
>>29646488
please give mine a read

I got a 10 day ban from /mu/
>>
A shy bookish young prince with a disappointed father who doesn't think he is fit to rule his Empire is miserable. To compound problems, while walking alone in the forest one day, the prince is tricked by three witches into drinking a tea laced with natural estrogen, and he starts to lose his body hair and become more and more feminine. Despite this, the Royal Guard of Norsk are still bound by a blood oath to protect him and secure his succession. When his father decides that his heir's femininity is causing the lords to lose faith in his dynasty, he orders his son killed. The young prince flees into exile alongside his seven guards, and disguises himself as a girl to not arouse attention.

The story follows his attempts to retain his masculinity despite his femininity, his relationship with his royal guard despite extraordinary circumstances, and quest to eventually reclaim his throne.

>I really like the image of six hulkish varangian axemen carrying a girly young prince on a litter, vowing to defend him to the death, and how their relationship could develop.
>>
For hundreds of years, the armies of the Roseland Republic and the Armed forces of Andalia have clashed over control of the warlands, a region of the world that contains the holy temple of Andal the first deep within its borders. The republic and Andalia both claim to be the holy nation prophesied to conquer the world in the name of God, and to bring order to chaos once and for all. Caught between the warring nations are the tribes of the warlands, who want nothing more than to live their lives as they always have, peaceful, independent and free. Of the 13 clans, none are stronger than the Blackwings, who have ancestral claim to the lands on which the Temple of Andal rests. Trough the efforts of Krieg the Tall, chieftain of the Blackwings, the 13 warlands tribes have managed to push back the Republic and Andalia, and negotiate an uneasy ceasefire. A ceasefire that has lasted 15 years. A ceasefire that will soon be gone.
For the armies of the republic to the east and Andalia to the west are once again mobilizing.
>>
>>29649656
holy fuck i would watch the shit out of this. Even better if the humor is similar to monty python.
>>
>>29649656
You could do an amazing plot twist, where when the story ends, you write the actual things that happened irl in contrast with the time-travel timeline.
>>
>>29645984
I write stuff no one will ever read. It's fun
>>
>>29645984
I never tried to learn but I wrote a couple short stories for my friends, I have been told I can descibr a situation in a beautiful way but I don't understand how two characters speak with each other
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.