[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>barely pass highschool with a C grade, nearly failed in maths
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 0915 - gnLOIIa.jpg (13 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
0915 - gnLOIIa.jpg
13 KB, 231x218
>barely pass highschool with a C grade, nearly failed in maths
>parents are buttmad
>be NEET for 3 years
>interested in programming so, teach myself programming, and make cool stuff
>also learn microcontroller programming
>22 now, dad enrolls me into a CS course in a college by paying big money
>"son I hope you're aiming for a job at Google"
>why would i dad?
>"I thought it was every youngsters dream, what's your dream anon?"
>I want to research AI
>gets mad that I don't have the dream of getting a job at some big name company

Why must people be like this? And then they wonder why I avoid them
>>
>>29645644
Just use this experience as a springboard to not be like your father, and to follow whatever you want to do with your life
>>
>>29645644
nice dubs.
when you get rich don't pay for your dad's retirement home to get back at him.
>>
>>29645644
I mean, you could just get a job that pays good and research AI as well.

I kinda understand why your dad got mad.
>>
>>29645777
I wish I was adopted. Then I could rest easy knowing my borderline abusive parents are really just random assholes that somehow managed to adopt me, and somewhere out there there's my real mom and dad who actually care about me and love me.
>>
>>29646056
If they cared you wouldn't be up for adoption
>>
>>29645644
>want to research AI
is that why you're on /r9k/?
>>
>>29645644
why would he send you to university and be mad that you want to do research? you can get good job at tech company without a degree if you're halfway smart, but you have no chance of getting into a research position without a degree and the help of one or more professors in your field.

there are also research positions at large companies, which sometimes pay better but don't let you keep what you develop, which sucks.

did you explain to him what a tenured professor can make?

your dad probably just wants you to be successful and doesn't understand that your goals will also make you successful. I'm sure if you explain things to him when he calms down he'll be proud.
>>
>>29645644
google does research AI. why not work there?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.