[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gamestop wageslave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: gamestop_.jpg (19 KB, 278x209) Image search: [Google]
gamestop_.jpg
19 KB, 278x209
I did a walk in interviews at Gamestop today. It went pretty well, but the guy said they'll pick the top couple of people and then have another interview. Why the fuck do they go through all this trouble for a for a near minimum wage job? Anyone know how long it'll take for them to contact me back? I need a job and they had walk in interviews which made it seem like they were desperate, but there were a lot of people there.
>>
>>29641134
They are desperate. Not GameStop but GAME in the U.K, my current manager used to manage a store for them and gave my dire warnings about how badly the company is doing. He warned me never to take a job there because its a sinking ship.

And if you're doing it as a gamer, you will end up hating games.
>>
>>29641176
I don't play many games anymore. Basically just Fallout 4 and Overwatch when I can't sleep at night. I need a job pretty badly and my other applications have been denied. If I don't get gamestop I'll try a local pet store in the fish and reptiles department. My main fear there is being told to clean up dog poop all day.
>>
>>29641134
>Why the fuck do they go through all this trouble for a for a near minimum wage job?

Because they want to give off the impression that it's not just some slave job that anyone can do. If they interviewed any average to above average looking women, you can forget about your chances of working there. Not that you'd enjoy it anyway.
>>
>>29641134
They make you jump through hoops because they can. If you don't want to go through said hoops then they'll find someone who will. It's the benefit of having a labor surplus
>>
because they know they can take advantage in the current shit job market. Basically it's them training you to be obedient stupid slaves for minimum wage and also so corporate can get paid for doing easy shit like job interviews and get payed their 70k salary. It's all just baby boomers taking advantage of us.
>>
>>29641134

Same answer to any question about why people in a free market do something: because it's in their own interest to do so and because they can while still getting job applicants to show up. If it pissed off applicants enough to where no one showed up then they would stop doing that.
>>
>>29641342
I'd agree with this. Basically every video game nerd out there wants the job, so they can hang it over you and make you dance for the scooby snack.
>>
>>29642454
I doubt those other autists are likely to get the job. They really seemed to want sociable talkative people not sperglords.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.