[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Refute this. Protip: you can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 17
File: when greeting others.jpg (254 KB, 1280x989) Image search: [Google]
when greeting others.jpg
254 KB, 1280x989
>hey everyone, can we make tiny changes in our behavior in order to drastically improve the lives of non-binary/gender-conforming folk?
>[angry, neckbeard virgin-ing intensifies]
>>
>>29640320
If you killed yourself right now no one would actually care OP. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>29640320
>hi friends

The most faggot sounding thing ever.
>>
>>29640320
you are literally only doing this to assert power and dominance over me
I come from a species that has been to multiple celestial bodies
I don't have to take this shit from you
>>
>>29640341
Not an argument.

>>29640394
Not an argument, you can use other phrases if you don't like it. Also,
>faggot
Are you twelve?

>>29640418
Not an argument.
>>
Whatever. We just always call each others fags here and it works well.
>>
>>29640320
>Leftists support this
>Don't care about blacks calling everyone "nigga"

For a small change in the way blacks speak, they could drastically improve the lives of white people in your community
>>
>>29640439
>are you 12
Is this your first day on 4chan little guy?

Yes I said little guy.
>>
>bending over backwards for a demographic that makes up less than 3 percent of the population

I mean I could call everyone Twixbar to accommodate the schizos who believe they are chocolate bars, but why bother?
>>
>>29640487
But that word has a myriad of historical significance and by using it PoC are taking back their culture, their history. It's not for you. Get over it.

>>29640495
:^)
>>
>>29640320
"Sieg Heil" was gender neutral
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 184x184
>>29640320

I don't see a difference between guy and friend, buddy. What's the big deal?
>>
>>29640547
>Drinking 40s and selling crack is culture

WE WUZ KANGZ
>>
File: 1467328675707.jpg (207 KB, 1280x989) Image search: [Google]
1467328675707.jpg
207 KB, 1280x989
>>29640447
There you go you original faggot.
>>
>>29640320
Those phrases sound gay as shit
>hi Friends, are you ready for some jolly good time
But in a more response
We have gender specific verbs for a reason, it helps to smooth the communication
>>
>>29640717
Perfect

We're the most progressive fags on the internet now
>>
>>29640575
Way to be an ignorant, racist douchebag.
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 900x673) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 900x673
Good morning ladies and gentlemen
and non genders
and gender queers
and queers
and inter genders
and otherkins
and boypussies
and carpet munchers
and attack helicopters
and assault dildos
and 2D transdimensionals
and pikachus
and charmanders
and [insert whatever the fuck you want].
Fuck you.
>>
>>29640320
>hey everyone, can we make tiny changes in our behavior in order to drastically improve the lives of non-binary/gender-conforming folk?
no
>>
>>29640320
It's not really freedom of expression if I have to monitor everything I say just so a select group of people feel better
>>
>>29640341
I thought fpbp was a /pol/ thing
>>
>>29640320
anyone who gets offended by "hey guys whats up" I would probably target from then on.
>>
none of those replace ma'am
>>
>>29640439
Are you a fucking ancap?
>>
>>29640320
>sir is gendered
>>
I don't care what you perceive yourself as, I perceive you as the gender you were born as. Refer to yourself as a woman all you like, I still think you're a man in a dress and if you think I'll change my speech patterns for you then you're wrong.
>>
>>29640969
Every single one of them replace ma'am, you fucking idiot.
>robot """""intellectuals"""""
>"""""I'm smart but lazy"""""
>>
File: 1467198376889.jpg (232 KB, 1275x1275) Image search: [Google]
1467198376889.jpg
232 KB, 1275x1275
>>29640320
>hey everyone, can we make tiny changes in our behavior in order to rely less on the censorship of others to maintain your self esteem and/or identity.
>[TRIGGERED blubbering intensifies]
>>
File: microscope_man.jpg (46 KB, 327x230) Image search: [Google]
microscope_man.jpg
46 KB, 327x230
>>29640571
I see what you did there you cheeky cunt
>>
>>29640547
People of color backwards is colored people hahaha you're technically calling yourselves useless
>>
>>29640439
You didn't prove these guys wrong, yet you say their argument "isn't an argument".

???????

>>29640341
>>29640487
>>29640541
>>29640575
>>
>>29640320

Hey can you tell the mentally ill people you call "non-binary" to man/woman up and realize they're playing make-believe, and then accept it when people call them by their sex?
>>
File: gaycakesfacebook.jpg (36 KB, 750x375) Image search: [Google]
gaycakesfacebook.jpg
36 KB, 750x375
>>29640320
there is no reason. If you are with a group that has males in it it is "guys", if it's a bunch of girls it is "girls", if there is some transsexual then it's the same thing based on whichever is the gender they associate with. This is pseudo-inclusive bullshit made to cater to less than 2% of the whole world's population who mostly wouldn't give a squirt of fuck about a greeting that lasted less than one second either way. Even if the so called a-genders are there, they wouldn't care, and if they do, they better be reminded that this world is not fit for the comfort of one's particular set of autistic preferences.

>>29640439
You don't get to choose what is and what is not an argument. This kind of biased assuming over others' behavior and choices is what the pic related in your OP pretends to be against

>>29640547
>Taking it back
You are pathetic. They said that ever since the times of slaves to refer to each other, and it just stuck around through history. There is nothing revolutionary about a black calling another black a nigga, it's only that they dislike being called that by whites

This world does not come with a "preferences" options, you learn to live with what bothers you or you jump from the top of a bridge, and it better be a bridge, not the front of a bus because that way you are putting your measly singular life over others because you are too puny for the world.

End yourself.
>>
>make small changes in behaviour to drastically improve the lives of non-binary/gender conforming folk

unless the change is forcefeeding them anti-psychotics, we aren't drastically improving anything
>>
File: autism levels.jpg (32 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
autism levels.jpg
32 KB, 514x536
>>29640320
>transwoman is part of a group of females
>they get addressed as "girls"
she'd probably hate that

>transman is part of a group of men
>they are addressed as "guys"
he'd probably hate that
>>
>>29640495
>Yes I said little guy.
you'll pay for the whole seat
but you'll only need
THE EDGE
>>
>>29641231
i dont get it why would they?
>>
File: beats by dad.jpg (49 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
beats by dad.jpg
49 KB, 640x640
>>29641272
It's sarcasm you fucking autistic piece of shit
>>
>>29640439
Here's the problem. You assume I care about others emotions. Your feelings aren't my problem. See that's for a waiter. Your feelings are their problem because you pay them. As for me I only care about my and my loved ones emotions. why is it my job to cater to your needs? U being a tranny may hurt my feelings but you don't cater to my emotions
>>
>>29640320
catering to people's psychologial problems doesn't help them
>>
>>29640320
I mean, honestly, if someone has a gender other than their own that they identify with but they won't come out and do something about it
they can't get offended by your calling them what they look like
because even if they fail to pass, you can still usually tell if someone's transgender
that is, if they try
besides, things like "guys" is something you say to a group of people usually
doesn't matter the genders
>>
>>29640571
Underrated 2: electric boogaloo
>>
>>29641292
>sarcasm
there is literally no context for it. I know a lot of robots would say something of the sort.
>>
>>29640571
You cut that out now
>>
Why should I be expected to change my behavior to suit the needs of a minority numbering in the thousands? They should adjust to suit me, not the other way around.
>>
>>29641326
I happen to not be one of said robots
>>
>>29640914
boypussy here, will confirm
>>
>>29640836
I think you know where you are faggot
>>
>Can I get you guys something
I would say guys even if they were exclusively girls.
Why do people even bother with this?
>>
How am I supposed to respond to "Alright?" as a greeting? I usually ask "Alright?" back but I'm starting to think that might be weird.
>>
>>29640320
I wouldn't talk to a bunch of faggots in the first place so I don't have to worry about changing the way I talk to accomadate mentally ill faggots
>>
rebbit sjw getting btfod from all sides
>>
Green Box
>Oh, um, thanks. It was fun.
Red
>Uh, Good morning
Yellow
>Hi....
Blue
>And....?
Purple
>And, um, can I get yall somethin'?

I've been using gender-neutral terms before it was forced on us.
>>
>>29640995
>friends, folks, everyone, all
>singular

ok anon
>>
File: i came here to laught at you.jpg (30 KB, 547x609) Image search: [Google]
i came here to laught at you.jpg
30 KB, 547x609
>>29640341
>>29640541
>>29640742
>>29641185
>>29641199
>>29641231
>>29641317
>>29641974
>>29643059

>refute this, protip you can't
>gets refuted ten times
>>
>>29640341
using an edgy insult and attempting to conflate it with the same syntax as OP's argument isn't an argument.
>>29640541
being polite and conscious of another person's situation is not bending over backwards. where are the schizos who believe they are chocolate bars? if these people existed and you could make their lives easier by slightly altering your use of language while you are interacting with them, why wouldn't you?
>>29640742
how does "hi everyone" sound gay as shit? your use of language is terrible and you don't know the difference between a verb and an adverb, so I don't believe anyone should trust your subjective opinion about something sounding "gay as shit." when addressing a group, a non gender specific adverb is just as effective as a gender specific one. if using the non gender specific adverb is more correct in the presence of people with non-binary gender, then it helps to smooth communication better than incorrectly using a gender specific adverb.
>>29641185
if you were in a group of biological males and one of them was a trans woman, why would you single her out and make her feel uncomfortable by calling her a "guy" when you could just as easily use a non gender specific pronoun? if people really didn't give a fuck about these greetings, why would they talk about it enough for this to be a thing that we're discussing? 2% of the world's population is still a lot of people. why would you make their lives harder than they already are when you could just as easily be polite and respect their alternative gender situation? they are already constantly reminded that a lot of people in the world don't understand/hate them for their situation, of which they have no control over, so why would you feel the need to go out of their way to make them feel even more uncomfortable- when it's just as easy to momentarily be polite to them?
>>29641199
how would force feeding a person anit-psychotics be better than just being polite to them?
>>29643197
>>
>>29643593
(CONT.)
>>29641231
those aren't situations the picture is talking about. the picture is talking about a situation in which a trans man would be in a group of women, and wouldn't want to be referred to as a woman, and vice versa.
>>29641317
if a person is too poor too afford to look like their preferred gender, or fearful of dressing like their preferred gender, they may not be able to look like their preferred gender. this might make it even more painful when someone refers to them as their birth gender. you're right about the "guys" thing, but some people might be extra sensitive about that and it's just as easy to use a gender neutral pronoun to be polite.
>>29641974
you're right about the "guys" thing, but some people might be extra sensitive about that and it's just as easy to use a gender neutral pronoun to be polite.

>>29643197
none of these were refutations. i'm not even OP.
>>
File: read a book nigger.jpg (54 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
read a book nigger.jpg
54 KB, 566x480
>>29643593
>using an edgy insult and attempting to conflate it with the same syntax as OP's argument isn't an argument.
that was a counter-scenario presented to op that had just as much arguable value as the one presented BY op

>adopting your whole vocabulary to the needs of the most minority of minorities is not bending over backwards

> where are the schizos who believe they are chocolate bars?
locked up in asylums, retard

>if these people existed
what is schizophrenia

> and you could make their lives easier by slightly altering your use of language while you are interacting with them, why wouldn't you?
because helping them to cope and maybe overcome their mental illness is better than enabling it, retard

>a non gender specific adverb is just as effective as a gender specific one
and yet not as specific, you call a group of men "gentlemen" and it indeed creates the ease that anon talked about, you call them "folks" and the sense of proximity is killed,

retard

>if you were in a group of biological males and one of them was a trans woman, why would you single her out and make her feel uncomfortable by calling her a "guy"
she is not being singled out, the GROUP is being called GUYS and this happens to groups composed of only females when someone goes "Hi guys" to them

> if people really didn't give a fuck about these greetings, why would they talk about it enough for this to be a thing that we're discussing?
because some people are minority addicted tumblerinas who are barely even a minority themselves when they are not pretending to be bisexual

>2% of the world's population is still a lot of people. why would you make their lives harder than they already are when you could just as easily be polite and respect their alternative gender situation?
You may not believe me but I really don't wish to make their lives harder. With the world not adapting to their pronouns it's just keeping itself the same, their lives are NOT IMPROVED which DOES NOT EQUATE to HARDER
>>
>Publicly state the things you dislike
>angry and confused that people used it to upset you

evolution should have wiped these people out millennia ago
>>
File: benis.png (11 KB, 125x255) Image search: [Google]
benis.png
11 KB, 125x255
>>29643593
>how would force feeding a person anit-psychotics be better than just being polite to them?
it would definitively help them with their dysphoria, I'm pretty sure

>>29643686
>those aren't situations the picture is talking about. the picture is talking about a situation in which a trans man would be in a group of women, and wouldn't want to be referred to as a woman, and vice versa.
Why?
I'm a man, I'm with a bunch of female friends, someone goes by and says "hi girls" and I wouldn't mind because I DON'T SUFFER OF AUTISM (I mean, I keep coming here tho...)

>if a person is too poor too afford to look like their preferred gender, or fearful of dressing like their preferred gender, they may not be able to look like their preferred gender.
So an element of their own lives stands on the way of another element of their own lives aaand thus the greetings of someone else are to blame for their feelings getting hurt.
Honestly that's no one else's problem but their own.
And even like that fucko, they can communicate to people like friends and people close to them that they are trans but can't look trans, so people will know how to address them singularly

>you're right about the "guys" thing, but some people might be extra sensitive about that and it's just as easy to use a gender neutral pronoun to be polite.
>some people are extra sensitive about a word that is basically gender neutral at this point in our society
Not.
my.
problem.

>none of these were refutations.
At least 5 of them were, wacko
>>
>>29640320
Because believe it or not, not everyone is into your gender-identity shit
>>
>>29640320
I am literally going to strive to do the opposite of this just to trigger you and laugh about it
>>
>>29640320
Very relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT08e8qMhfw
>>
>>29643593
>>29643686
OP here. I was just kidding around, you fucking faggot. Get the fuck out of my thread and stop defending this insane authoritarian censorship.
>>
I don't care about you or your stupid shitty identity.
>>
>>29643781
>that was a counter-scenario presented to op that had just as much arguable value as the one presented BY op
how? we have no reason to believe that OP doesn't have living family members, or that the person who found his body would not be disturbed by the sight of it. we have reason to believe there are people out there that would feel more comfortable being addressed by a gender neutral pronoun than an incorrect gender specific one.

>being conscious of your language during a greeting is "adopting your whole vocabulary"- you mean "adapting", right mr. linguistics expert?

>locked up in asylums, retard
source?
>what is schizophrenia
having schizophrenia doesn't automatically make a person assume they are a chocolate bar
>because helping them to cope and maybe overcome their mental illness is better than enabling it, retard
if a person truly believes they are a chocolate bar, telling them otherwise will not make them believe they are any less of a chocolate bar, it will only show them that you think they are crazy and not on their side, alienating them. nevertheless, schizophrenia is not the same thing as having an alternate gender.
>and yet not as specific, you call a group of men "gentlemen" and it indeed creates the ease that anon talked about, you call them "folks" and the sense of proximity is killed,
the related image is about a situation in which you don't necessarily know everyone's preferred gender. if you are with a group of people who you know well enough to use the term gentlemen with, then that's fine, retard.
>she is not being singled out, the GROUP is being called GUYS and this happens to groups composed of only females when someone goes "Hi guys" to them
what if she does feel singled out, though? and you could make her feel more comfortable by just saying "hi everyone"?
>because some people are minority addicted tumblerinas who are barely even a minority themselves when they are not pretending to be bisexual
source?
>>
>>29643781
>You may not believe me but I really don't wish to make their lives harder. With the world not adapting to their pronouns it's just keeping itself the same, their lives are NOT IMPROVED which DOES NOT EQUATE to HARDER

if a non binary gender person is in a social situation and you address the group they are in by using an incorrect specific gender pronoun, you are making them feel uncomfortable and feeding into their already uncomfortable ideas that people don't understand who they are.

>it would definitively help them with their dysphoria, I'm pretty sure
are you a doctor? what evidence do you have of this? what would the side effects be?
>Why?
you are comfortable in your gender so you won't be affected by these incorrect pronouns.
>Not.
my.
problem.
Not. An. Argument.

>At least 5 of them were, wacko
which ones?
>>
>>29640439
If you killed yourself right now no one would actually care OP. Refute this. Protip: you can't
>>
>>29640320

Because the majority shouldn't conform to the tiny 1% that are deeply mentally ill. We don't pretend people with psychosis are sane, and we shouldn't pretend "non-binary" people are.
>>
>>29640547
Nigga comes from negro, a Spanish word you illiterate twat. If they want to "take back their culture" they should call eachother -mnyama, the Zulu word for black, or umuntu, the Zulu word for human.
>>
File: typo.jpg (32 KB, 735x541) Image search: [Google]
typo.jpg
32 KB, 735x541
>>29644189
>how? we have no reason to believe that OP doesn't have living family members, or that the person who found his body would not be disturbed by the sight of it. we have reason to believe there are people out there that would feel more comfortable being addressed by a gender neutral pronoun than an incorrect gender specific one.
the point is that both are very easily refutable
retard

>- you mean "adapting", right mr. linguistics expert?
pic related

>>29644189
>>locked up in asylums, retard
>source?
I am currently talking to a retard who is refusing to believe that there are people suffering of schizophrenia bad enough to believe they are inanimate objects.
Is it required to pretend that mental illnesses don't exist to defend trans rights?

>having schizophrenia doesn't automatically make a person assume they are a chocolate bar
>"if all X are Y, that doesn't mean all Y are X"
congratulations Jimmy, you're getting smarter by the second

>f a person truly believes they are a chocolate bar, telling them otherwise will not make them believe they are any less of a chocolate bar, it will only show them that you think they are crazy and not on their side, alienating them. nevertheless, schizophrenia is not the same thing as having an alternate gender.
I'm NOT here to cater to their feelings, but their mental health, on that scenario, if so

>e related image is about a situation in which you don't necessarily know everyone's preferred gender.
NO ONE CARES, you either LOOK your gender or else IT'S NOBODY'S PROBLEM, fucking snowflake

>what if she does feel singled out, though? a
now that is HER and whoever singled her out problem's, I ain't calling a transwoman a male pronoun just to fuck with her

>source?
tumblr

>you are making them feel uncomfortable
that's really nobody's problem

>you are comfortable in your gender so you won't be affected by these incorrect pronouns.
Aren't they comfortable on THEIR genders of """""""choice"""""""
>>
Fuck me senpais I was just baiting but this one nigga is actually taking this seriously lmao
>>
File: 1465780885948.png (302 KB, 869x662) Image search: [Google]
1465780885948.png
302 KB, 869x662
>>29640320
DAILY REMINDER
Stop giving shills the attention they want.
>>
>>29644393
>hi guys welcome to /robot/
>>
>>29644263
>what evidence do you have of this?
even gays can be made straight with hormones and shit

>what would the side effects be?
what are the side effects of enabling transgenderism? BPD seems strongly connected

>Not. An. Argument.
>making an argument against someone's SUPPOSED over-sensibility to bullshit
Not.
My.
Tempo.

>At least 5 of them were, wacko
>which ones?
pick whichever and fuck it
>>
>>29644421
You definitely can't make gays straight, but you can definitely cure transgenderism. Transgenderism is a mental disorder like schizophrenia, in fact basically the same as schizophrenia. Homosexuality is more like preferring big tits to small tits.
>>
You're already a burden. If you keep pushing it, fundamentalism will come back in vogue and we'll just throw you in bogs.
>>
>>29640320
I don't care about being nice, and if their identity isn't improving their life, it's their responsibility to change it, not mine to accommodate it.
>>
>>29644393
people have always made posts which offend the sensibilities of people on 4chan. it's called trolling. a bunch of dickheads attempting to "destroy 4chan from within" by posting stuff that is indistinguishable from troll posts is the most ineffectual thing I can't possibly think of
>>
>>29644472
Pretty much the difference between conservatives and leftists in a nutshell.

Conservs have functional self-replenishing lifestyles, and leftists need to be "accomodated" in their self-destruction.
>>
File: 1462482401873.png (153 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
1462482401873.png
153 KB, 351x351
>>29644482
Shilling and "le trolling xdddeee" are 2 different things.
First one is to push an agenda; second one is to simply fuck around (and isn't effective on 4ch)
>>
>>29640320
I SEE MY FRANS
>>
>as an atheist, can people please stop saying "Oh my god" or "god only knows"? It really triggers my fragile belief system.
>>
>>29640547
>taking back their culture

Nope. Nigger is an English word derived from a Latin word. It's literally "our word" - referring to the whites that enslaved them.

By the strictest definition, it's appropriation.
>>
>>29643593

You care so much about this dont you

can you find a better place to argue this

such as ...................................reddit
>>
>>29640320

who disassembles words this much damn.
>>
>>29640320
I. guys mean both men and women
II. there are only 2 genders
>>
>>29640953
No, it's a reddit thing. Fuck off back there.
>>
File: Aurini.jpg (143 KB, 1473x2252) Image search: [Google]
Aurini.jpg
143 KB, 1473x2252
>>29640320
Thanks for the tip, faggot. I've been using the ones below but I'll start using the exclusives
>>
File: 1466757063187.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466757063187.png
1 MB, 1280x720
If you SJW loudmouths made a tiny change in your behavior and shut the fuck up, you could all drastically improve the lives of binary gender conforming folk. Respect my culture. You are literally oppressing us.

P.S. pls refute me
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.