[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to a psychiatrist for the first time today. What to expect/advice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Ru0JV7W.jpg (22 KB, 640x382) Image search: [Google]
Ru0JV7W.jpg
22 KB, 640x382
Going to a psychiatrist for the first time today. What to expect/advice?
>depressed
>anxious
>socially awkward
>suicidal thoguhts almost everyday
>alcoholic
I've ben to a psychologist once and once she heard I drink some beers everyday she just assumed it was the whole problem. She told me to try and quit and I didn't touch alcohol for about 2 months and nothing changed. It was no surprise as I knew I've been the same way even back when I didn't drink. Do I even mention the drinking to the psychiatrist? Do I lie if they ask? I just wanna med my way into normiehood.
pic unrelated
>>
>2 months
Depending on how long you drank and how much, it can take even more time for your brain to heal. In the worst of drug users using meth, it can take the brain 18 months for the brain to go back to normal.
>>
>>29638759
I know it's not that long but I've been depressed for years before drinking so the alcoholism is a symptom, not the cause. (although I know it makes me more fucked up) I really just want actual help and not "quit drinking fgt :D" like it will magically cure everything (but I will try because I know it would help somewhat)
>>
>>29638851
They can't base it off your word alone. You got to show it. You want to know how many drug addicts and alcoholics lie to their psychologists and psychiatrists?

All of them.

They're train to be skeptical, especially towards drug addicts and alcoholics who manipulate the system.

But who knows, you may get that lucky psychiatrist who is more interested in putting you on the pharmjew and making you into a zombie with the cost of making your dick no longer work.
>>
>>29639000
That's honesly why I ask for advice dude. My instincts are telling me to lie (just because of my past experience) but my brain is telling me that they should have the full picture.
>making you into a zombie with the cost of making your dick no longer work.
I wouldn't even give a fuck. It's not like I'm gonna get laid sleeping until 4 PM, dropping out of uni and leeching off my parents. I just want to not suck at life anymore.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.