[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any RICH fags on here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1454547563808.jpg (150 KB, 648x960) Image search: [Google]
1454547563808.jpg
150 KB, 648x960
either by your family or by your own doing? What's your net worth? Where do you buy your clothes? Where do you buy your food? How were you raised, etc.
>>
>>29638188
my dad is rich, so are my grandparents. Not me though. networth around 3k
>>
>>29638210
what's your dad's/grandparents' net worth?
>>
Define rich. I think I'm doing pretty good, I own a car and a bunch of stuff worth about 80k, I'm 22. I have my own business and am a student.
>>
my parents (grand parents actually) earned most of it, they opened up a restaurant smack dab in the middle of a developing neighborhood back in the 60s and the cash kept coming in ever since
but I was taught to save and be thrifty, so I don't dress in extravagant shit, not even higher tier designer clothes. the most expensive shit I have is from zara and a couple of hilfiger things. I don't go to some prestigious school, just state university as they want me to earn my own shit, even though I could live without working a day in my life ever again, and so could my children probably
>>
>>29638188
My parents probably gross around 1mil/yr. Does that count?
>>
>>29638340
that's middle class, m8
>>29638427
that counts, what do they do?
>>
My grandparents live in a $10M house with $6M in furnishings. They paid for $7M in cash and took out a loan on the rest. Last week they wrote my parents and all their other children a check for $25k. Unfortunately I am not their favorite grandchild but I do live comfortably.
>>
>>29638427
Gross is completely irrelevant, you could gross 1M a year and only make 75k net. My grandparents (>>29638449) gross 20M a year, they keep about 1M between them a year.
>>
>>29638439
Both doctors
>>
Senpai has a networth > 10m

I buy my clothes really anywhere. Whatever looks good I buy. I'm not really into designier clothes. I have one jacket that retails at 2.2k which I paid 500 for and 2 pairs of $200 jeans.

Otherwise I just wear normal clothes.

I get my food from the grocery store/restuarants/fast food like everyone else

I was raised with parents who had conservative values but they had the mindset of giving me advice and letting me make choices for myself. I'm straight edge and always have been. I've never really doubted my parents judgement and I defer to their advice 99% of the time.

Ask away.
>>
>>29638480
I meant before taxes.
>>
>>29638188
>Be me
>Grow up fairly poor, living on welfare, single mum, etc...
>Grandparent from dads side dies
>Be 15
>Inherit a seven figure sum
>Mum hold it until I turn 16

>Turn 16
>Have shitloads of money
>Spend, buy, hang out with "Rich people" for a few years
>Be 22
>Realise money is only valuable if you work for it.

I ended up getting a degree in Engineering and scored myself a decent job. I don't tell anyone about my finances.

Never wanted to travel the world and don't have a major drug habit either. Everyone I know/knew that has/HAD a lot of money done both and is now fucked financially or mentally.

Having money is a nice idea, but the reality makes you feel shitty.
>>
File: 1271380109189.jpg (41 KB, 215x157) Image search: [Google]
1271380109189.jpg
41 KB, 215x157
>>29638188
I'm the only child in my whole branch of the family and the heir to several fortunes and 4 houses eventually. But for right now I'm just working as a janitor (it's an easy and very low stress job) biding my time till my inheritance comes rolling in. My grandparents got rich investing in the stock market and being very conservative with their money, My dad is a very successful businessman and president of several organizations and my uncle has made a decent amount of money working as a manager at a factory for the past 30-ish years.
>>
>>29638545
You should consider yourself lucky that your mom didn't blow your inheritance
>>
Huh, went to HS with the girl on the left.

Anyway, probably rich by most standards. Family is very wealthy but my brother and I will probably inherit 2-3 million each most because my dad doesn't believe in passing on much.

On my own, make about $80k per year in finance. Hopefully in August I find out that I passed Level III of the CFA. Average salary in my region for a CFA charterholder is about $160k so hopefully I get a nice bump after that. I don't spend my money on anything besides electronics and travel.
>>
>>29638674
She was only allowed to hold it for a year, during which most of it was being cleared and sorted by solicitors and jews... So didn't really get the chance to kek.
>>
>>29638188
I'm 18 with a 2012 Camaro SS. Am I rich?
>>
>>29638674
Seriously. I hear stories of dumb bitches taking out loans in their kids' names. I can't imagine what those women would do if they had access to tens of millions for years.
>>
>>29638413
If you ever get mad about it, wait a little longer. It's the best way they could do it. You have a chance of becoming a decent human being that way
>>
>>29638340
what kind of business do you have?
>>
>>29639491
what job are you planning to do?
>>
>>29639491
do you feel any guilt or are you justified to living above others?
>>
>>29639615
>>29639629
I removed my original post because I felt like it identified me too much but since some others have caught it before I deleted, my parents are wealthy multimillionaires and my grandparents are also affluent multimillionaires.

>>29639615
>what job are you planning to do?
I am working with my grandfather in real estate this summer. I will later enter investments like my grandfather. I don't have the aptitude for medicine.

>>29639629
I like to assume that I hold the noblesse oblige mentality, but at times i can be condescending to those that don't have my experiences. I'm aware of it and I realize that I can come across as a spoiled asshole. I do feel an enormous amount of guilt about my privilege and I try to contribute to philanthropic endeavors as much as possible.

On a side note, my more affluent grandfather will be donating 30% of his net worth to philanthropy (also to help minimize estate taxes lol) but I still think it is a noble goal.
>>
>>29639781
I don't think there is any shame in being given money. All about how you handle it. I don't know if you travel much, but at least you're cognizant of the fact that you can't relate to the fact that normal people don't travel.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.