[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Differences in human experiance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: teteyrahm.jpg (23 KB, 643x406) Image search: [Google]
teteyrahm.jpg
23 KB, 643x406
Does it fascinate anyone else just how large the chasm is between the most miserable lives and lives of happiness?

I honestly cannot believe how happy others are, how easy their lives have been, the superficiality of their problems, how bright the world is for them.

Fuck, i want reincarnation. I need a second 'go' at this shit.
>>
>>29637696
It is bizarre, wish someone would study it.
>>
Human existence is like one giant ass tight rope walk where the fall is green-screened until you have to start earning income on your own.

You're lied to for most of your childhood and you have to deal with superficial niceness when you're an adult. The realest dudes are often shit on the most and the rich stay rich and never learn what hard work actually is.
>>
>>29637724

There would be a strong social taboo against studying it.
>>
Devil's advocate:

It could be that you're biasing the negativity of your experiences vs the positivity of others', causing this "chasm" to be wider than it really is.

And that's not even getting into the relativity of perception of what constitutes a miserable life; if you have ready access to shelter, medicine, food and clean water and are not suffering from violence, isn't that automatically a lot better than some random villager in Rwanda?
>>
>>29637935
>isn't that automatically a lot better than some random villager in Rwanda?

Not necessarily

If he's happy and I'm not then my life isn't better than his
>>
>>29638022

If you're OP this doesn't follow from your original assertion:

>how easy their lives have been, the superficiality of their problems
>>
File: image.jpg (200 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200 KB, 750x750
I know what you mean, man.
Once I learned about how fucking amazing my life is in comparison to most others, I became so ewhat pissed at myself for still being a depressed fuck. It doesn't really feel fair to the people that actually work hard for their shit, you know?
>>
>>29638053
I'm not OP

original post
>>
>>29638106
Ya but working hard for your shit is what makes it seem worth it, plus it fills up this meaningless existence with something to do.
>>
>>29638146

Then why were you responding to my direct response to OP?
>>
>>29637806
>Human existence is like one giant ass tight rope walk where the fall is green-screened until you have to start earning income on your own.

That was really well written and I obviously agree. Another thing to remember is that if you're born perfectionistic that will fuck you up and make you miserable whatever you do. You will never even once reach the outcome you strive for and thus will every single day be a never-ending carousel of failures.
>>
File: tomato.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
tomato.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>29638238
i am a perfectionist in achiving happiness and expand the things that make me happy, im always sad after had done or seen something cool.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.