[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else getting tired of the college meme? I'm poisoning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1462490006328.jpg (67 KB, 417x599) Image search: [Google]
1462490006328.jpg
67 KB, 417x599
Anyone else getting tired of the college meme?

I'm poisoning myself with adderall because it's the only way I can pass these unnecessarily difficult courses (Easy concepts, easy to learn, but the tests themselves are intentionally made harder than the material).

I know, some people are doing it, there's nothing that should stop me. I did great in school until recently but never really felt intelligent.

My luck's been running out.
I'm taking summer courses so I can graduate in 4 years instead of 5, taking 10 hours over the summer (half the time of a regular semester so ~20 hrs).
It's just so hard, and I'm not complaining because I hate working for it, I value hard work and apply myself, but I'm still not making the cut.

We work and work and work to get a degree, don't really learn anything, then use that degree to get a job unrelated to the thing we wasted years of our life earning the degree in.
What's the point?
My state is losing education funding in 2017 too, so I'll be paying even more money just to make myself depressed and miserable.

I never had any mental problems before coming to college, and now I'm an anxious, depressed, psychotic wreck.

The only solace i find is in depressants.

I just want to crawl back into the womb.
I have no desire to continue pressing on in life.
To what end? Even if I finish school I'll just be working a job the rest of my life, selling my labor to keep myself alive to sell more labor.

I have a live in gf i was madly in love with and now feel no emotion toward. Not even coming home to a cute girl who loves me everyday, which is what many people dream about, can stop me from hating everything.

Considering dropping out and joining the Military so that everyone will be proud of me but also so I can die sooner.
>>
>>29636277
If i can offer a little advice, may be useful, may be i should fuck myself. Who knows.

College today isn't about learning things in the classes or on the syllabus or on the exams. People who make the most of college right now are the people who can be successful in all that stupid scripted bullshit and ALSO use their free time to develop some interest into a skill. Related or unrelated.

Basically college is about what you take, not what you're taught. You'll find you teach yourself all the things that end up mattering to you.

The Internet is magical, all the tools to do anything and practice anything are freely available to you. Download reaper and teach yourself music production. Record shit. Go buy a camera and download a thousand screen plays, start writing and filming shit. Look up artists work who illustrate the graphic novels you like and try to emulate their process until you develop your own.

Just make stuff. Anything. Make things.

What are you studying?
>>
>>29636277
sorry if /r9k/ isn't for pedantic depressive venting anymore I haven't been here in years.
>>
>>29636360
Basically what I'm saying is that professors serve to provide you context and precedent to help educate whatever it is you then decide to go and do yourself. It's all on you in that sense.
>>
>>29636277
College isn't hard unless you're majoring in some of the STEM fields. Just get some easy bullshit degree that isn't art and spend all of your time networking. Unless you ace absolutely everything in a hard field grades are shit compared to networking.
>>
>>29636360
Chemistry. I think I like it, but I can never really know. I started in physics, it wasn't what i thought it was and i wasn't cut out for it. Knocked myself down a peg to Ecology, and every day felt like i was selling myself short (low salary, everyone else in my classes were rednecks).

I enjoy learning about chemistry but like i said before I spend so much time doing coursework and cramming to pass exams that i don't really retain any Chemistry.
The professors also teach for the tests, not for knowledge.

I do make music and I have for years and I love it but I'm not good enough to make a career of it, nor would I want to because i think i would stop enjoying making music if I was relying on it to feed myself.

I don't know, I made a perfect on my ACT, got all these scholarships, people have always hyped me up and told me I was capable of great things, but I can't even keep up to par in some of these classes.

Even if I land an amazing job as a research chemist or something, I won't be good at it. I won't make any great discovery, I won't cure any disease or invent a new class of drug.

The best i can hope for is to get the job and support myself for the rest of my life, and try to find satisfaction in other things.

But nothing brings me satisfaction.
>>
>>29636429
>college isn't hard if you take the easy way out and don't challenge yourself at all!

Congratulations, you came to the same conclusion that every white girl driving a BMW made, major in psychology or english and let me know how much your "networking" helped you get a job in a cubicle somewhere
>>
>>29636460
Unless you have an eidetic memory intelligence means shit in classes where nearly everything you have to know is memorization and not application.
>>
>>29636460
How about a different question, even if it's a total fantasy or unattainable, what do you want to do?
>>
>>29636516
Only certain fields are hard and even then they're only hard because you're forced to memorize things that you'll be googling at an actual job. Unless your the best of the best it's better to take a less study intensive degree and focus on networking. Nepotism will almost always win.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.