[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do troops who don't fight serving out country? Enlighten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: military-down-time.jpg (31 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
military-down-time.jpg
31 KB, 500x375
How do troops who don't fight serving out country?

Enlighten me. I know a chad in the military and he's stationed in arizona. All it looks like he's doing is taking a new gun to the range or drinking with his buddies, yet he pulls the 'I'm in the military, I'm more important than everyone else' card all the time.

What are they doing that's so important if they're not fighting? It just looks like the military is full of freeloaders who get paid to try out new guns and blow things up for fun.

Yet he says I owe him thanks for protecting my freedom.
>>
*how do troops who don't fight serve our country?
>>
>>29636024
I'm in the military, but I don't flaunt it. There's a lot of people who do and they usually are the douchey pogs and boots who've never done anything.
>>
>>29636024
>It just looks like the military is full of freeloaders who get paid to try out new guns and blow things up for fun.

It is. And the ones that actually see action are out there causing massive collateral damage to civilians.

Military being honorable and praise-worthy is a meme invented to attract people to it, and make their families not rebel when they lose them.
>>
>>29636039
Fix broken equipment and maintain a state of readiness in case shit kicks off. Lots of training and cleaning.
>>
>>29636060

I respect that. This dude thinks I'm a peon to society when I'm in college and have a job on the side, because I'm not in the military.
>>
>>29636080
Next time just ask him what his MOS is and if it isn't 0311 or 11B call him a pogue boot fuck
>>
>>29636024
Militaries, especially modern ones, aren't just a big group of warriors who only fight. You need people to build camps, repair weapons and other tech, deal with supply lines and logistics, communicate with command, and a whole host of different things that support combat troops. It might not be the glorious work people romanticize but its necessary work to keep an army in fighting shape and able to win

And chances are your Arizona Chad is only posting pictures of the cool shit. He probably spends the vast majority of his day doing mind numbing tasks or waiting to be told what mind numbing tasks to do
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.