[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>really like watching videos of guns >thinks guns look
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1465528332740.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1465528332740.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
>really like watching videos of guns
>thinks guns look cool as hell
>scared to actually own gun
>would immediately point it towards my own head and shoot

who else knows this feel?
>>
I want a gun so I have the option to blow my brains out when that situation/mindset inevitably comes.
>>
Get yourself a VR headset anon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te0cFPcd4b4
>>
Honestly, just stick to games and shit if you think you'll put it to your head.
That type of weaponry is an expensive hobby and when you get past how you deliver ammunition through the weapon there is an entirely new science to each bullet you fire.
>>
>>29635797
>when you get past how you deliver ammunition through the weapon there is an entirely new science to each bullet you fire.
Could you elaborate?
>>
>>29636201
Yes. There is mechanical accuracy of a weapon. Short answer is mostly going to depend on the barrel and the twist rate of the lands and groves. The measurements of lands and groves depends on which side of the ocean you're on. When you get past the functionality of the gun each bullet has an individual amount of accuracy. The weight of the bullet, how well it is constructed, the charge behind it, the brass holding the bullet, and the primer that initiates the charge propelling the bullet.
Outside factors are mostly distance and wind.
It doesn't matter if you have the most stable gun in the world if the bullet is constructed badly.
Movies don't worry about bullets unless it is slowmotion shot after it is fired.

It's expensive to just plink off bullets at targets, finding a suitable spot is heavily regulated pretty much everyone past the regulations to get it in the first place.
You can't just pick up a weapon and think you'll be proficient in it unless your an idiot. Weapons like an M16 look kind of goofy having the front sight post or carry handle way above the bore but having the aim point higher up is necessary to get your eye in line with it besides trying to line up in a consistent spot away from where you sited in at, if you adjusted the sights with your nose touching something and you try shooting it with your nose not touching anything the bullet will go to a different place than you think it will. It won't be much of a difference and a good shooter should be able to hit a reasonable size target someone else sighted in it makes a difference.
>>
>>29636805
?Continued
I don't know how in depth you want to get however each rifle you handle will be different but there will be a "mechanical zero" that can differ between different rifle types.
Set your elevation and windage at zero, zero. basically.
When you sight it in you move those up or down to a specific range, bullets travel in a rainbow type arch. They fire out to a specific distance, curve up, then curve down.
When you zero it in to a specific range it might be up or down between the point you zero it into. The lands and groves impart a spin to the bullet which helps it to travel a specific distance without just shooting off to the right or left like a smooth boor musket could.
It heavily depends on your weapon and bullet where it's going to go when you zero it.
If you want accuracy uniform specific stuff helps tremendously. Older things are established. Barrel length and twist gives your bullet more time to spin and you can more accurately gauge what it is going to do consistently. Each weapon is unique, sighting an m16 for instance is going to be different at 250meters compared to say a 249SAW and those two will both be WAY different than a 240B.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.