[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To all you jobless suckers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 284x177
What stopped you from getting a job at age 16?
What moved you not to apply for something at age 18?
What lead you to believe that you could go through life without a job at age 21?
What was going through your head at age 23 when you were still without any job experience?
What do you do now to apply and how much effort do you put into it?

You all strike me as a typical basement dweller whose only disadvantage is chronic laziness.

I've had a job from when I was 13 (just part time of course) doing everything from sweeping floors at a storage facility, being a cashier, IT-support and now, as I've progressed with my studies, got a pretty sweet at well paid job.

I have friends like you, although younger, and I cannot for the life of me understand how you have been unable to apply yourself for so long.

So tell me, which struggles in your life or which other circumstances justify the fact that you are here, today, completely unable to care for yourselves?
>>
>>29635450
I GOT A JOB THE DAY I TURNED 16 AND HAVE HAD MULTIPLE JOBS SINCE I JUST HAVE MENTAL PROBLEMS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
employment is sanctioned exploitation;
either own your own labour or live off people like you.
>>
>>29635450
Grow a spine you fucking bootlicker. I can't stand these milquetoast-esque weasles that get off on sucking their employers dicks. kys OP.
>>
File: 1feel4.png (236 KB, 386x399) Image search: [Google]
1feel4.png
236 KB, 386x399
>tfw 26 and never had a job
Fucking shit, i can't even compete with the HS kids. what to do?
>>
File: 1415746458466.png (180 KB, 453x332) Image search: [Google]
1415746458466.png
180 KB, 453x332
My parents were always there to take care of me.

Plus, I never had the ability to hold down a job. I would inevitably quit the second week and just live under a bridge.
>>
>>29635450
>What stopped you from getting a job at age 16?
boarding school
>What moved you not to apply for something at age 18?
parents told me not to
>What lead you to believe that you could go through life without a job at age 21?
parents
>What was going through your head at age 23 when you were still without any job experience?
Silly wagecucks.
>What do you do now to apply and how much effort do you put into it?
I prefer the NEET lifestyle.
>>
>>29635583
Bootlicker?

I'm worth something to my employer because I challenge their ideas and their way of doing things. What I do is the exact opposite of "licking boots".

But why bother explaining this to a person whose concept of a job is to obey Mr. Shekelstein as a mere wagecuck putting goods on shelves for customers to throw on the floor?
There's jobs beyond those you'll find in a super market you know
>>
>>29635450
Well let's see here, faggot.

My parents are archetypal bootstrapping suburban-aspirants. Well, my father is. Let me explain.

My old man was born in rural Georgia in the 60s and went to high school in a" school house". Like, single room, dozen kids. That's the scene. He graduates and gets into a technical school, where he has to work full time every other semester, and lived at home. My father flipped burgers at a Steak N Shake while he was studying STEM in a highly competitive program. Every fucking evening he came home his father would bitch at him about wasting his time and money, tell him he didnt need no school and set him to yard work until the sun went down. He couldn't afford to live anywhere else. My dad didn't get to start his coursework until late nights, and drove an hour to college every morning in a beaten up piece of shit he bought from a junk yard and rebuilt with his bare hands.

My old man did that for about 5 years. Then he applied to graduate school and was accepted into a few ivy leagues. But no one in his family have a God damn. Waste of money. So he didn't get to go. Instead he went to another state school and loaned himself into debt out the ass to pay for it himself. Graduated near the top of his class. By now it's the mid 80s, schwarzenegger is still cool, business is as sweet as it gets, and Michael Douglas is telling the young visionaries that greed is good.

So up the old man climbs, up and up the ladder. He has a life to build and success to find. And he's going to do it all himself. Wife, he'll support her. Cars, he'll buy them new this time. Big house, and he will pay someone to keep up with it because he worked his fucking ass off to not have to pull weeds in the evenings ever again. No help from his dad..

Oh, and kids. He wants kids. That's where I come in. I'm one of those boxes he wants to check, right between new suit and nice car. Bright eyed youngster to be like dad...

(1/2)
>>
I got a job at 18 after I finished sixth form. It was fucking shit so I'm glad I'm at university instead. It's like being a neet but you get loan. Now it's the summer though and my parents are looking at my lazy ass with disdain for not having a job
>>
>>29635672

Calling others "cucks" while still being told how to live your life at age 21. Things are looking great for you, huh?

A true man has ambition and aspires to become something in his life. A man with no ambition, no vision and no intention of ever pursuing something beyond the satisfaction of his immediate needs, is not a true man and should off himself. So heed my advice; kill yourself
>>
>What stopped you from getting a job at age 16?
Laziness but I did have one week gig
>What moved you not to apply for something at age 18?
Finals and employer changing the terms
>What lead you to believe that you could go through life without a job at age 21?
Dont
>>
I don't want to get an IRL job because that would mean I'd have to deal with normien and le socialize.
>>
I just hate working, I hate it. I know I'm lazy, I can't even get myself to do things I enjoy, I just sit and watch TV all day bored out of my mind.
>>
>>29635708
>Berates us for being a standard r9k user
>Goes on about what it means to be a man

Alpha Chad btfo
>>
>>29635687
your dad seems like a pretty entitled piece of shit. i'd love if my minimum wage job would pay for an engineering degree but it's 2016 nd poor people aren't allowed to go to school. get a loan? what? nobody will loan money to a poorfag, nobody. especially not big money like college tuition. all my hours of hard work and busting ass earn me is the right to barely stay alive, for now, as long as nothing bad ever happens because i don't make enough to have savings.
>>
File: 1 feeel.png (46 KB, 253x294) Image search: [Google]
1 feeel.png
46 KB, 253x294
>>29635688
Please get a job anon. I'm 26 with no work XP, just get a part time job so it will look good on your resume. You can get one very easily because you're young and in school. Just do it even if it's for a month or two. You think it's bad now, it can get far worse. I've thought about suicide unironically because of this. Just get a job
>>
>>29635687
So my parents buy their house in a gated community in the suburbs. They don't shop at target anymore because they don't have to. They buy brand names because everyone else who is anyone else buys brand names. Marketing is a business and business is a-booming. My dad buys one watch, but having it isn't quite as nice as it was to want it, and finally get it. So he buys another one.

And another one.

They buy a bigger house, another car. A second dog. They put the real nice wallpaper in this house. Me too, they make sure the youngster is in the house, picket fence, dogs, cars, fast food, brand names, and American flags fluttering in the breeze out on the front porch. See, I'm a checked box. I'm a fixture of my parents' vision of the American dream.

And my whole purpose is to have a "better life" than my dad did. He wants me to have a car at 16 so i don't have to go to the junkyard like he did. He doesn't want me to weed the yard because he hated it so much. He doesn't want me working jobs when I'm in high school because he knows that's hard work and he hated doing it. So he buys me a car. I never now the grass. I'm just a fucking kid, I'm eight years old and every Christmas he gives me a next gen console and a faster Internet connection.

Thinking of all the great things I'll be destined to do, now that i have none of the struggles he had. How much higher i must be able to climb than he did, without all of the hardships.

You see where this is going, I imagine.

2/?
>>
File: 1075169.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1075169.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>being happy to be a wagecuck

Kek

No respect to people like you.

I only respect self-employed folks, entrepreneurs, founder of companies.
>>
>>29635839
This seems genuine. I'll try for you, anon. So what's your situation? You can't get a job now because people see your age with no xp? You know there are shit tier jobs that take on anyone right?
>>
>>29635850
>it's another 'rich boomer dad lectures about bootstraps while refusing to help his son' episode
>>
>>29635850
>You see where this is going, I imagine.
You end up a giant faggot despite your parents giving you literally anything you ask for, despite the fact that there are hundreds of others in your exact situation who rise to their parents standards and don't end up shitposting about how hard their life is on r9k in a series of posts that nobody actually cares about
"oh I'm just a box to check, even though he provides for me and gives me everything I want because he doesn't want me to go through the same things he did, I mean nothing to him no really"
>>
>>29635450
I work as a 3-D designer and I get $3000 to $6000 per month, depends really.
But I feel proud that I can live as a neet and still win lots of cash.
>>
>>29635893
this. My nigga.

I'm 19 and making $45 hr doing some programming this summer. Will attend a state uni after this. The job is okay but the boss micromanages.
>>
>>29635850
You are Inserting a lot of your own hatred into details of his story he hasn't even outlined. Let's see where he goes with this.
>>
>insecure pleb from other thread mad that he has to be a wage slave while people like me are living the dream
>>
>>29635850
Kids like me started out as characters in a shitty novel about 80s Americana that we didn't even write.

So i grow up with everything handed to me. I get through high school desperately searching for something to rail against, because--even though I don't really know it yet--you aren't made by the things you're given, you're made by the things you overcome.

But i have nothing to overcome. We have nothing to overcome. We all know, kids of the suburban American cess pool, that no matter what happens to us, it's not really a serious problem. No matter how hard something seems, it's not that big of a deal. Born with silver spoons. All that shit. I can never have any real problems. So we get dissonant. You end up with edgy faggots who try to imagine they have actual problems. Spectrum illnesses are the fallout of this. A bunch of teenagers who make depression fashionable on social media because they don't have any actual problems so they invent them. Their behavior gets tailored. Other kids settle into their menial office jobs and can't quite put their finger on why the color in the sunset doesn't look as vivid now as it did then. Mostly because my dad was one amongst a crowd, and we all got the "go to college" lecture. My degree means nothing in modern context. Degrees are common as anything. It's a piece of paper.

>>29635958
No, actually. To answer OPs question and to address this a it tier memery: i don't fault my father. I love my dad and he loves me. I'm grateful he gave me all that shit. But it would be pants on fucking head retarded to ignore how stunted my development was as a result of having every struggle mitigated. I grew up more object than child.

The point is that eventually i recognized that suburban dissonance as a see pus actual problem, and worked to fix myself.

Oh a guess what

I got into an ivy league graduate school. And my old man? He paid for me to go. I've never seen him happier than when my diploma came in the mail.
>>
There's no motivation to work anymore. You think you need a 9 to 5 because you fell into materialism. Everything you own is built with the minimum amount of quality, is literally designed to break, and is often just cheap Chinese garbage. Housing is overpriced (and also built poorly with the cheapest possible materials) but keep telling yourself that 35 years of wageslavery is worth it to pay off your 3 bedroom cuckshed.

t. Living in a van
>>
>>29635958

So, no. I'm short i came to terms with both my father's successes and failures, my respect for him is deeper than ever, and in the process of figuring out what my own dreams are I managed to fulfill one of his.

But uh, that's why it took me until 25 to get my first real job. Because i went all the way through grad school on my parents nickel, and they wouldn't have it any other way. It's not like i woke up one morning at 16 and said "Hey fuck you guys i refuse to work, i think I'll just sit in school and drain money until I'm 25."

That was my parents' design. Coming out of it was something I had to do for myself, you projecting cocksucker
>>
>>29635450

I keep applying for jobs everyday and nowhere will hire me.
>>
>>29635450
Jokes on you wageslave. I'm a homeless INTP schizoid, returning cans for food and writing utensils is enough for me to be content.
>>
>>29636050
>>29636203
Sounds like you are just a faggot who just individuated. Late bloomer. Good luck to you. My nigger.
>>
>>29636308
Maybe. Luck to you too anon. God i hate the suburbs
>>
File: I don't wanna do anything.png (152 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
I don't wanna do anything.png
152 KB, 500x281
>>29635450
>>You all strike me as a typical basement dweller whose only disadvantage is chronic laziness.
well for me at least, you'd be right. As long as I can remember I've been lazy. Wanted to play video games when all the other elementary schoolers wanted to run around and scream out in the park all day during the summer. My parents tried to give me an allowance when I was 10, I turned them down because I'd wanted to not have to wash the dishes more than I wanted five bucks a week. I couldn't think of anything I wanted to buy with that money anyway. When I was 16 I didn't really have friends or anywhere to go. Most people my age were hurrying to get their license and their own car. I went to driver's ed because it was required and then let my learner's permit expire. I went to college not out of any desire to improve myself or my employment prospects, but more because my parents told me that no kid of theirs was ever not going to college, so I'd better if I knew what was good for me.

I had a job for a while at the end of college, mostly in spite of myself. I hated every minute of it. Sure, I made money, but it just piled up in savings (and, later, brokerage) because I couldn't think of shit that I wanted to buy. By the time I got home in the evening I had zero desire to do anything at all except sleep. Weekends were pretty much the same, just counting down the hours until Monday morning until I had to go back to work.

The not-understanding is mutual. I don't get how you normies get such innate satisfaction from working. Or anything classed under "self-improvement", really. To me it's always been like pulling teeth, something completely unrewarding that you only do to make yourself look better in the eyes of others. Why does expending effort make you feel good? I hate it and I can't remember ever feeling differently.
>>
File: 1466152995493.gif (91 KB, 312x420) Image search: [Google]
1466152995493.gif
91 KB, 312x420
>>29637506
17 you say? Well that is very interesting.
>>
>>29635450
School. Mom told me to focus on it. Didn't know any better.

All the jobs around me at the time wanted me to have a car, and the only one that accepted me was CUTCO trying to get me into the pyramid scheme of knife-sales. The recruiter/trainer and me realized I was useless when I didn't have a car, as well as more than 3 family contacts.
I also didn't have a car because mom could only afford one, and didn't want me to learn because it would drive up her insurance.

I didn't believe that I could, still don't. I just suck shit at getting jobs when they ask me to have 2 years of professional dishwashing experience to wash dishes.

Not much, just more despair.

I'm focusing on college first since I'm entirely fucked and my family kept pushing me to attend. I'm finishing up an associates degree in accounting. Not because I wanted to but between walking several miles every day applying to every establishment I could, my family's pressures, and my track record of failures, I didn't feel that I had much choice in the matter.

The only difference between me and those "basement dwellers" is that they knew when to quit. I procrastinate at worst but I always get my work done in a timely manner.

If you want a genuine answer, it can be all manners of things. Many people lose faith in this economy because they were led astray by their outdated parents who think (or thought) college trumps all, including experience.

I'm more aware of my situation than ever, and it doesn't help one bit when it's too late. The only thing that keeps me going is that I want to succeed in spite of all the people that shat on me so hard I had to seek isolation in my home just to get it together. I have no friends, no connections, my family belittles me frequently when they were never there for me. I can't even apply for NEETbux because they're too prideful even though I'm a complete failure that can't land a minimum wage job.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.