[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tipping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: 1466629177285.jpg (22 KB, 471x480) Image search: [Google]
1466629177285.jpg
22 KB, 471x480
Who /nevertips/ here
I'm just too jewish to do it
How do the waiters here feel about this
>>
I have never tipped and never will. I don't give a fuck if you do an amazing job and smile. Your job isn't that fucking hard.

I've worked in extreme stress jobs and have never felt entitled to more than my basic wage. Fuck these little shits.
>>
Is tipping an American thing? we never do it
>>
File: 1466871062293.jpg (141 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1466871062293.jpg
141 KB, 650x650
>>29635206
Yes
It's supposed to be because waiters don't make enough money, but the busboys and dishwashers make the same money and work harder, and they don't get tipped
People take it seriously here too, it's a big deal if you don't tip
I still don't and I tell people that too
>>
god i hate you fucking neets, never worked a day in your life and yet are still stingy with you welfare/parents money. do you not understand that servers are getting fucked with 6 dollors an hour? Tips make up the majority of their paycheck you stupid lazy trash
>>
>>29635022
This.
College students don't have much money either, don't expect me to give you mine for no reason because you brought me the food the people in back cooked.
>>
>>29635313
Tell me more about how your job of bringing people plates is so hard
Kek
>>
>>29635313
Get a better job then, you retarded faggot. It's not the customer's responsibility to pay your salary. They're already paying for their overpriced meal.
>>
>>29635313
hello waiter
how do you feel about >>29635251
>>
>>29635206
yes
with all that disposable income floating around after not paying off 70% of our earnings in taxes, we can afford to give back to low-wage workers while also buying technology and financial services to stimulate the economy and keep our heads above the water while the rest of the world starts choking for air
>>
>>29635360
I'm not a waiter but they don't just bring plates they are constantly multitasking and having to deal with difficult customers. Serving actually requires a variety of skills both social and mentally acute. It's a low educational skilled job but you do a lot of grunt work, it's not easy I'll tell you that. Not easier than your desk job.
>>
File: 1456349408750.gif (46 KB, 300x356) Image search: [Google]
1456349408750.gif
46 KB, 300x356
Well, at least you own up to being cheap instead of portraying yourself as some hero who is out to force the restaurant industry to pay a decent wage instead of shaking down the customers.

Now, assuming you're not just trolling, do you go back to the same restaurants repeatedly? If so, ever get the cold shoulder or purposefully sluggish service?
>>
>>29635360
Hard enough for you to stay as a NEET.
>>
I have been a waiter, I have never felt entitled to the crumpled up bills in your pocket. I am already getting paid to help you.
>>
>>29635472
Yes and Yes
I only go to sit in restaurants if I have a lot of time anyways, so I don't mind waiting longer for the food
It annoys me that the waiters are so vindictive about it though
The people in the back of the restaurant work harder and never get tipped, and nobody ever argues they deserve tips either
If they don't complain, the waiters shouldn't either
>>
>>29635400
first of all im a busboy not a fucking waiter, and i cant get a better job right now because im trying to pay my way through school. the point is not that we deserve extra money more then other jobs do, its that were in a fucked system where we make 6 dollors an hour and need that fucking money. and i cant speak for other establishments but where i work all tips are split evenly between waiters busboys and casheirs as we all only make 6 an hour
>>
>>29635313
>Gee, writing down simple instructions and bringing plates is hard
>Since I'm allegedly unemployed I should be even more wasteful with what little money I have
How about this? When I become rich enough to throw away money like it's tissue paper or if I go to a restaurant where the waiter's job actually requires more then basic listening/math skills, literacy, and a decent smile (i.e. my waiter is also a sommelier or is also the cook and cooks in front of you like in those asian fusion restaurants), then I'll tip.

And since waiters are "so desperate" for tips to apparently support themselves on, here's a tip: FIND A BETTER JOB.

(fyi: If the tips recieved by the waiter don't reach the minimum wage, the employer is required to make up the difference, so the argument that waiters "make" or have to live off of less than minimum wage is bullshit. Source: https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs15.htm)
>>
>>29635360

I know you're trolling, but it's nothing to sneeze at. I know a girl who has back problems from lifting trays full of food all day. You also have to keep moving and keep track of multiple tables/orders in your head.

But really, there's a lot of emotional labor. You have to be pleasant to everyone. You have to grin and bear it if a smelly dude is creeping on you or some geezer sends their food back multiple times because they might not tip or might try to get you in trouble by claiming you were rude.
>>
>>29635063
we get BELOW MINIMUM WAGE YOU FUCKTARD
>>
File: 1448549594185.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1448549594185.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>29635022
I tip them Bible passages.

$0.00
JOHN 3:16 save your soul the greatest gift is the LORD amen
>>
>>29635572
look at this triggered normie faggot

entitled fucks
>>
>>29635572
That's not even legal. What kind of cardboard box 3rd world ass restaurant do you work at?
>>
>>29635572
So? That is not my problem.

People talk about being a waiter like it requires superhuman levels of willpower. It doesn't. Shit is a pain sure, but find me a single no-skill job that isn't utter shit.
>>
>>29635547
>tips are split evenly between waiters busboys and casheirs as we all only make 6 an hour
do you work at a chain restaurant
i'm curious what restaurant does that
>>
>>29635572
not in every state/establishment.
>>
>>29635605
ive had sex three times this month all with different girls. I have a 3.75 gpa and am paying my way through college myself. Im in incredible shape and have a bright future. you on the other hand are just a neet robot. so no im not triggered, and when i see you waddle in to my resteraunt, and reach into your pocket with your grubby sausage fingers to pay with several crumpled dollar bills that mommy gave you, i wont be mad you didnt tip, ill just feel sorry that you were cursed to such a pathetic meaningless existance
>>
>>29635572
Then you're an idiot for accepting the job. You're the definition of a good goy, especially putting the blame on the customer.
>>
>>29635666
its a local chain with only a few locations so far
>>
File: 1388948488656.png (188 KB, 424x470) Image search: [Google]
1388948488656.png
188 KB, 424x470
>Attempted SAS selection
>Was literally the hardest thing I have ever tried in my life
>Didn't make the cut
>Was literally the hardest thing I have ever tried in my life
>mfw waiters say that their work is "Exhausting"
>>
>Accept job knowing full well that you are being paid less than the legally required amount
>Assume that other people should hand you money on top of the money they're required to pay
>Get actually angry when they don't
Americans
>>
>>29635022
You do realize tipping is getting rid of the middleman and not tipping conistently enough drives up the cost of food, right?
>>
Lmao @ these waiters ITT. Don't try to trick me, if you don't make minimum wage from tips your employer has to cover the rest. Stop whining like bitches and get a better job if you don't like it. Warehouses are hiring all the time. They pay more than minimum wage most of the time and you get 40+ hours a week
>>
>live in Australia
>order takeaway for delivery
>they come to my door
>give me my food
>thank them and they say "have a good night" and walk off back to their car
>eat my food
>>
>>29635694
>M-my life is going great! Here, look at all these meaningless unprovable words on a screen that obviously prove I'm doing great! I-I still deserve more then minimum wage though...

You know what people whose lives are going great don't do? They a.) don't feel the need to shout it from the rooftops or on the internet and b.) don't sweat the little stuff like making minimum wage (which waiters rarely hit that low in terms of wages and they never go below min wage as I already posted)

>inb4 "Chh, believe me or don't, bud. Idc, I'm not even mad."
>>
>>29635694
Posts like this are the worst. They remind me of the "my name is John and I hate every single one of you" copypastas.

I see right through you, anon. Something in your life is fucked or you wouldn't be posting about your faggot gpa on r9k where you know full well no one cares.
>>
>>29635736
Again, you are missing the point. But good on you m8 for attempting SAS selection, making it through any of it at all is quite an accomplishment
>>
>>29635694
nice projecting faggot
I'm a 6'3" ripped/athletic aesthetic god doing a degree in a better field and in a better university than you - and with the inflated state of american universities 3.75 is fucking bad (below nigger tier).

Neck yourself wannabe normie trash
>>
File: Cena.gif (1009 KB, 225x195) Image search: [Google]
Cena.gif
1009 KB, 225x195
I don't tip. It's not my responsibility to supplement your income. I'm not going to pay you extra money for simply doing your job--a low-effort, braindead job that literal fucking monkeys have proven they can do. I'm not going to reward you for bringing me my food and filling up my drink every twenty minutes; if I were allowed to do those things myself, I would. I'm not going to be shamed and threatened and blackmailed into giving my money to some enttitled, whiney cunt for doing absolutely fucking nothing deserving of it. I don't come to the restaurant for you, I come for the food. If ANYONE is deserving of tips, it's the chefs that work hard to make that food, not you for fucking bringing it twenty feet to my table. Besides, waiters often make about a thousand dollars in untaxed money a week from tips. If they don't make at least minimum wage in earnings, their boss is required, by law, to compensate them up to that amount. They have the cushiest, easiest job in the whole world, and still they want more.

If you tip, you are a faggot.
If you defend these people and their entitlement, you are a faggot.
If you are a waiter, you need to kill yourself.
>>
File: you.png (15 KB, 528x434) Image search: [Google]
you.png
15 KB, 528x434
>>29635694
>ive had sex three times this month all with different girls. I have a 3.75 gpa and am paying my way through college myself. Im in incredible shape and have a bright future.
Ok buddy.
>>
>>29635572

it is a customer's job to just pay the bill.

You don't tip your electric company.
>>
>>29635823
> doing the same e-statting bullshit dick measuring the other poster is doing
> calling him wannabe normie trash
> unironically

It's like I'm really on early youtube comment section.
>>
>>29635835
best post ITT

waiters are so entitled it hurts, and most of the time it's roastie whores that complain about walking for a few hours
>>
>>29635795
>>29635802
>>29635823
>>29635847

i have literally nothing to prove to any of you. enjoy your shitty lives
>>
>>29635883
I'm not e-statting though - I know the exact kind of person the other guy atleast claims to be: A skinnyfat nu male that can sleep with ugly skanks and feels the need to brag about it on le chan
>>
>>29635572
here's your tip: work at McDonalds if you want to upgrade to minimum wage.
>>
This whole thread is bait. That or people actually don't know how tipping works (in the US at least).
>>
File: 1465275464660.png (189 KB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
1465275464660.png
189 KB, 450x472
>>29635899
>"Chh, believe me or don't, bud. Idc, I'm not even mad."
>>
>>29635924
Explain what the people in this thread don't understand for us.
>>
File: 1456098986967.jpg (239 KB, 848x848) Image search: [Google]
1456098986967.jpg
239 KB, 848x848
Based on how most waiters get like two bucks an hour here in burgerland I always tip
>>
>>29635911
>skinny fat nu male

lol okay buddy
>>
File: chico_01.jpg (335 KB, 650x1019) Image search: [Google]
chico_01.jpg
335 KB, 650x1019
>>29635313

Maybe they should get a different job if they don't like their wages. The employer pays them what theyre worth. If customers feel nice then can give a gift, kind of like they would tip an organ grinder monkey for being entertaining, but it's not their job no house and feed the monkey, they're just there for the spectacle.
>>
>>29635899
Hahahaha anon, come on, we're having fun! Why are you being so serious?
>>
>>29635022
>waiter does what he's supposed to do
>expects tips
Unless they're nice or do something extra they aren't getting anything.
>>
>>29635438

Its way easier than my job. Any monkey can refill a cup or ask if someone wants dessert. You can coast on autopilot all day. They'd kill themselves if they had a job that required actual work and intelligence. That's why they took a waitressing job in the first place.
>>
waiters don't deserve tips.

they create zero real value, equivalent to the make-work programs of the 30's. Or like giving a young child a plastic toy shovel so that he can feel like he's "helping".

A waiter could easily be replaced by the customer writing down his order and giving it directly to the kitchen, then carrying his own meal to his table once it was ready. I guarantee the majority of customers would rather do this and save a couple bucks on their order.

It's a mystery to me that these useless people are still employed.
>>
> be me on business in Europe
> awkward social retard just in another continent
> eating alone at fancy restaurant
> Waitress is total qt3.14
> Leave tip because service was excellent
> She insists it's too much
> I say she earned it
> Realize I gave her 100 euros instead of 10
> Instant regret on my face
> She sees it too
> Look at her awkwardly and take the note
> She stands waiting and smiling
> Makes small talk while I look in wallet for a 10
> Mind going insane at social contact with qt, hyperventilating
> Drip sweat onto actual 10 euro note
> Look up at her and she's cringing
> Turn around and walk away mumbling sorry

I don't tip anymore.
>>
File: 04f94ebe6381fef4_Wolf1.gif (2 MB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
04f94ebe6381fef4_Wolf1.gif
2 MB, 550x309
Don't know where you live but here in germany it's optional. Besides, the costumer service is nearly always shit, so I wouldn't do it even if it was expected.
>>
>>29635922

Fukinn' rekt

I'll have to remember that line for the next tipping tears thread
>>
>>29635022
I avoid sit down restuarants to the best of my ability so I don't have to tip. If I have to tip I feel obligated to give 20% if I have no complaints since I'm such a pussy.
>>
I'm a nurse, my job actually matters. Not only am I not tipped, I have to bluntly refuse tips and appear like an asshole when someone wants to give me something or else I get fired. Why should I tip someone who does something I can do myself? It's not hard to carry a plate from the kitchen to the table.
>>
I always leave a folded peace of paper.

It reads: Get a real job.

Sometimes I look in through the window after I leave the restaurant and smile to myself as I walk off.
>>
My sister worked as a waiter and got $50-70 in tips every night shut up waiter fags
>>
>>29635553
The reason tipcucks get upset when you don't tip isn't because they don't get minimum wage, it's because they live above their means and rely on tips for rent because they can't handle money.
>>
>>29635251
I've been all 3 and I definitely worked harder as a server than a busser
>>
>be cook
>Bust my ass all day 6 days a week for barely above minimum wage
> Hear the servers bitching about only making 15 dollars an hour that day

Fuck servers. I don't tip and never will. I'm rude and treat em like shit too. They deserve it.
>>
>>29636536
You must be a shitty cook or new to it. I just got hired as a cook at 2 different restaurants for $11/hr and $9.50/hr starting. Start sending out food that's edible and you won't bitch as much about your pay.
>>
false equivalencies the thread
>>
>>29635572

Your employer is legally obligated to bring your pay up to the untipped minimum wage if your tips don't add up to it.

If he's not doing this, he's committing a federal labor law violation.

>The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) requires payment of at least the Federal minimum wage to covered, nonexempt employees. An employer of a tipped employee is only required to pay $2.13 an hour in direct wages if that amount plus the tips received equals at least the Federal minimum wage, the employee retains all tips and the employee customarily and regularly receives more than $30 a month in tips. If an employee's tips combined with the employer's direct wages of at least $2.13 an hour do not equal the Federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference.

http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/faq/esa/flsa/002.htm
>>
>>29635251
Not really, no. the laws in America are such that certain jobs(waiters and delivery boys most often) can be payed bellow minimum wage if there's an expectation that their income will be supplemented by tips. This isn't so for line cooks or dishwashers.
>>
>>29635646
that's how it works in american restaurants.
>>
>>29635541
You don't seem to understand that the servers aren't paid a real wage like them though. If you don't tip they will not make any money at all, and at some stores have to tip out, and can lose money on a table if they don't tip
>>
File: laugh.png (168 KB, 426x601) Image search: [Google]
laugh.png
168 KB, 426x601
>says that these people should get a different job then
>most people here have never worked or maybe have done something even more basic like a cashier or bagger

Never change, /r9k/.
>>
Anyone who doesn't tip and thinks they're in the right for not doing so is the epitome of a fedora wearing neckbeard.
>>
>>29635022

You don't tip because you don't have any money.

You're not fooling anyone. Everyone already knows that this is the reason.
>>
>>29637031
>even more basic like a cashier or bagger
At least they recieve minimum wage
>>
>>29637138
My point, exactly. I'm in support of tipping because I'm not rude trailer park white trash hillbilly or nigger. I can afford to throw in 15-20%.
>>
>>29636485
Very true. I'll have to find the link, but I read small study on how common it is for those in the service industry to emulate their clients lifestyles even though it's completely unsustainable.
>>
File: 1377200353458.png (296 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1377200353458.png
296 KB, 512x384
>tfw pizza delivery boy
>tfw old man tips me entirely in quarters
>>
>>29636836
NORMS BTFO

Ski-bi dibby dib yo da dub dub
Yo da dub dub
Yo da dub dub
(I'm the Scatman)
Yo da dub dub
Yo da dub dub
>>
>>29637031

Are you retarded or something? I don't need to work a job to realize that waitressing for $0.02/hr is a stupid thing to do. I am neet precisely because I see how shitty it in and isn't worth doing. I'm glad someone will bring me tendies, but my gratitude is not to be mistaken for finding them smart.
>>
File: Fake-Money-Tract.jpg (196 KB, 639x637) Image search: [Google]
Fake-Money-Tract.jpg
196 KB, 639x637
>>29637066

Notip is for everyone, not just atheists. I'm a Christian and I'm the worst tipper I know. I even have those Bible verse cards that look like money you hide under the plate to trick the waiter with.
>>
>>29637299
If you don't work in any aspect of the job market, then I don't think you have the right to bitch about shit on any jobs. Just shut the fuck up, nigger.
>>
>>29637205

Lel, he's actually proud of being bad with money
>>
>>29637373

I see, so it's envy. You could always quit and be like me too y'know.

I don't need a right to bitch about shit on jobs. I believe that's already covered under that little first amendment thing. It seems silly to bring up constitutional rights in a discussion on tipping though. They have the right to work for slave wages, I have the right to to laugh at them for it. As long as they bring me my tendies and keep my glass full all is well. I only recently learned water with lemon was a meme though. I don't understand why it's any worse than tea or coke, it better cleans the pallet. Waities will find anything to get booty bothered about.
>>
>>29637465
> I believe that's already covered under that little first amendment thing.
>better cleans the pallet.
Confirmed for autismo basement dwelling retard.
>>
I tip barbers because it actually requires some skill. Putting on a big fake smile and bringing me watered down pop doesn't deserve a tip because a kid could bring me a plate of food and have fun pushing the button on the soda fountain.
>>
>>29637522

That was already confirmed before, well the autism part I mean, it's demonstrated that I'm far more intelligent than you are, the true retard. It's not exactly some big secret that I have the 'tism.

I might be autistic but at the end of the day you're still a wagie, so who's the real loser?
>>
whole lot of garbage humans itt
>>
>>29637599
>people won't give you extra money for doing the job of a monkey
>this makes them garbage
>>
>>29637659

But this monkey has a very high opinion of itself so that's different
>>
>>29637587
I fucked a 23 year old ginger last night who swallowed my cum when I fucked her again this morning. She also wants to have a 3 way.

So.............you?
>>
File: 374926256596.jpg (113 KB, 453x576) Image search: [Google]
374926256596.jpg
113 KB, 453x576
>>29637744
putthebloxinthesox
>>
I tip, but I don't do that gay "tip based on percentage" shit. If I order an expensive steak it isn't any harder for them to carry that shit to my table than if I order a cheap burger.
>>
>>29636485
>The reason tipcucks get upset when you don't tip isn't because they don't get minimum wage,
except youre wrong and uninformed and nobody can make under minimum wage
>>
>>29637599
>WAAAAH GIB ME GIB ME EXTWA MONEY FOW DOOWING MY SIMPELL JAWB THAT'S ESSENTIAWWY PUBWIK WORKS FOW RETAWDS WAAAH IF YOO DON'T THEN YOU'WE GAWBAGE AND POOW XDDD $$$$$$
https://youtu.be/KeSQ5Rv7eH8
>>
>>29637465
Familia, I have never worked as a server before.
>>
>>29637900

Then where does all this 'le right to recognize a bad job' bullshit come from?
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
>>29635694
>Look at me 4chinz
>Ima doing great
>Yeah
>Not Even mad bro, idc

Man cut that bullshit.
>>
>>29635736
Already tried SBS try-outs
or aren't you a water guy?
>>
>>29635022
I tip only one out of four times but my tip is 3 times as much as a regular tip, that way I save 25% of my tipping money and waiters k is a tip isn't expected but a nice occurrence
>>
>>29635572
Not with tips you don't, tips are more convenient for waiters than minimum wage because they get more Money and they aren't taxed.
>>
>>29636836
I was about to bring this up. Cheers.

Although that makes me wonder what the point of tipping is.
>>
>>29635313
I had two jobs both required more qualifications that you ever had, now I'm a neet for the rest of the year planning on what to do next
I find it hilarious that you expect a good girl tip for bringing me my food and my drink like a good old fashioned housewife but I still fully support it since I get to decide. If you flirted with me and unbuttoned your shirt a bit for nothing
>>
>>29635022
>>29635063
>>29636836
My niggas.

The only time i would tip is if it would be risky to deviate from societal norms, such as dining with a date (whose opinion on tipping i don't know, and would not really be a proper first date question to ask), or a business contact.

Any other occasions, you're cucking yourself out of your money. Cooks deserve the tip more than the waiters. I can get my own food thank you. There are some restaurant that don't have waiters, just cooks. They call out your name and you come get it.
>>
>>29637941
Probably the fact they are at least trying to do something that is somewhat productive than sitting at home all day.
>>
>>29638119
Actually shit I forgot a point I wanted to add to that.

Waiters often take advantage of it. They prefer their tips in cash so they can pocket it while getting the federal boost to minimum wage.

But since we all like shitposting I'll just go right ahead and equate such leeching with NEETs, as they both take advantage of the system. One is more legal though.
>>
Such a small amount of money but it can be used to improve peoples perception of you. Can't imagine why anyone would bother right?
>>
>>29638232
>There are some restaurant that don't have waiters, just cooks
Im gonna need an example or I call bullshit. That's literally fast food from the sounds of it.
>>
I keep telling myself I'm confident enough to not tip and circlejerk with my friends over how stupid tipping is but I'm still socially pressured into doing it every time.
>>
>>29635313
>getting fucked with 6 dollars an hour
yeah but considering what you do literally contributes less to society than what any neet does (at least they're cultivating tastes -- in your case you're spending X hours a day doing what a robot or buffet could do better) $6 is quite generous.
>>
>>29635022
I never tip either. If I can find a job that pays minimum wage and also lets us take tips so can you.
>>
>living in a country with tipping culture
>>
File: 1465889018254.png (506 KB, 533x788) Image search: [Google]
1465889018254.png
506 KB, 533x788
i call ahead and buy takeout so i never have to wait or deal with service. plus i get to eat it at home for maximum comfort. it's really nice actually.
>>
File: 1431558353051.png (208 KB, 361x691) Image search: [Google]
1431558353051.png
208 KB, 361x691
ITT: A bunch of autistic NEETs who have never worked in a restaurant assuming they know what it is like to work in a restaurant.

>>29637066
>>29637103
/thread
>>
>>29638942
ITT: A bunch of restaurant workers who have never worked a real job assuming I care about what it is like to work in a restaurant.
>>
File: 1438227859573.jpg (40 KB, 355x362) Image search: [Google]
1438227859573.jpg
40 KB, 355x362
>>29639101
You clearly care about your opinion of what it is like to work in a restaurant enough bother replying to posts you disagree with.
>>
>>29638942
Better an autistic NEET than an autistic tripfag.
>>
File: 1428547121211.jpg (239 KB, 1064x750) Image search: [Google]
1428547121211.jpg
239 KB, 1064x750
>>29639336
>thinking there is anything redeeming about being a NEET under any circumstances

We are all warau at you.
>>
>>29639423
>thinking your trip is warranted under any circumstances
>>
>>29638245

What's productive about taking orders and bringing people food? A dog could easily be trained to do the same and would probably fuck it up less often.
>>
>>29638942

We don't have to know everything about it, we just have to know they should not receive tips. Others can do as they please but I'm not tipping.
>>
>>29639267

Lel, he really hit a sore spot in your anus didn't he?
>>
File: 1425956744955.png (16 KB, 144x115) Image search: [Google]
1425956744955.png
16 KB, 144x115
>>29639543
>u mad?? lol TRIPFAGS BTFO

In your dreams, champ.
>>
>>29639589
>TRIPFAGS BTFO
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: 1436368135056.png (23 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1436368135056.png
23 KB, 640x640
>>29639520
>We don't have to know everything about it, we just have to know they should not receive tips.

You assume you know enough about restaurant work as to make a judgment call whether you should or shouldn't. Why should they not? Please into South Korea immediately if you are going to get butt blasted when Americans think you are rude for not obeying an American custom.

If you are a repeat customer to a restaurant that you don't tip at, you are guaranteed to get shitty service when you are recognized. Additionally, if I were to go to on a date with someone who refused to tip, I would give extra gratuity to the server for having to deal with such a degenerate customer and never speak with them again.

Nobody wants that, so be polite if you expect to receive politeness in return.

>>29639657
see
>>29639463
>>
File: 1467247485512.jpg (121 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1467247485512.jpg
121 KB, 800x600
>>29639589

o dam, he really is mad

Here's some pooper-pain-b-gone, haha just kidding, it's you if you were a cute retard instead just a regular retard.
>>
>>29637263
>>29638119
>>29638232

I made the post about the federal law.

I still tip my server because it's customary and doesn't bother me to do so, and it cultivates a good relationship with them.

I just don't like misinformation being thrown around and I hate the fact that employers often violate federal labor laws.

A lot of tipped waiters have NO IDEA that their employers are in violation of the labor laws.
>>
>>29639903
But that wasn't who you were quoting at all. You were quoting someone completely different.

Who's going to take you seriously when you can't even quote people correctly?
>>
File: German Girls.png (307 KB, 992x406) Image search: [Google]
German Girls.png
307 KB, 992x406
>>29635022
I don't give a shit, I live in Swedistan.
>>
Legitimate question for Americans ITT

Do you guys tip Delivery Boys and people who work behind the counters in McDonalds etc.?

Also it seems a bit fucked that an employer can get away with paying well below minimum wage and expect customers to cover them, despite the customer paying for the service in the first place
>>
>>29639987
Pizza delivery guys are the standard American "tip me" service. Not the ones behind the counter though. Don't ask me why it's just how it is.
>>
File: 1434057850399.png (34 KB, 482x408) Image search: [Google]
1434057850399.png
34 KB, 482x408
>>29639963
>literally resorting to ad hominems

Why would I be concerned as to whether or not people would take me seriously on /r9k/ anyhow? Tripfagging is enough incentive for them to not take me seriously to start with, so it's not like I have anything to lose.

>>29639937
>It cultivates a good relationship with them.
>mfw there are people on God's green earth who don't want the cute hostesses and waitresses to come be pleasant and tell jokes with them

I'll never understand it. The best restaurants and bars can become a maid cafe in no time with the right attitude.
>>
>>29639903

They are paid minimum wage with the possibility of getting infinitely more. This isn't a terrible complex situation, certainly not the moral conundrum you make it out to be. If they want tips then they should do their job and hope some stupid fuck tips them. It's a nice bonus though, never should it be expected.

You don't guarantee shit and you have no control over the service I receive at restaurants I visit. Can you even name a local place I go to? Not even the name, just give the address. You're free to waste your money but getting picky is a good way to become a cat lady. I wouldn't even consider a second date with a bitch who left a tip unless I told her to.

I am a fucking paragon of politeness. Tipping is earned and is done out of grace, kindness, and pity. Tips are received for politeness. Don't forget that.

I've been to South Korea though, I don't understand the suggestion to go back. They are a highly Americanized culture but I would rather go to a Korean restaurant. I prefer the more Americanized ones here for Korean BBQ and kimbap. I want a few big servings, not a million tiny ass plates and sitting on the floor.
>>
>>29640150
I didn't realize resorting to ad hominem against someone I am not supposed to take seriously was such a grievous mistake. I'll be sure not to take it seriously since it was you who pointed it out. Especially since your opener was ad hominem so it can't really be called an argument so much as an opinion piece.

But go ahead and assume that your opinion is an argument, by all means.
>>
>>29639987

Its just the backwards people who still tip. As you can tell by the frequency of tipposting here the custom is falling out of use. The entitled tip babies are made their cash cow is drying up and they'll have to start being a responsible citizen who pays taxes.
>>
You want a tip? Here's a tip: Get a real job.
>>
>>29640014
Yea but pizza delivery guys usually have to use their own car and pay for their own gas. So the tips make up for it
>>
>>29640264

We can blame the Jews for that one. They used to be allowed to use scooters and get 90+mpg.
>>
>>29635022
I'll tip at a local place like $2-4 if they're white to help support the waiter/waitress but nothing beyond that.
>>
File: 1436698230388.jpg (343 KB, 1095x1195) Image search: [Google]
1436698230388.jpg
343 KB, 1095x1195
>>29640151
>I am a fucking paragon of politeness ... Tips are received for politeness.

You said you never tip, but you also say tipping is received for polite service. Surely there must be times that you do tip, then, unless you never go out to eat. Do you never receive polite service? Given your attitude, I can imagine how wait-staff might be disinclined to be warm with you. Either that, or you have just made some sort of contradiction.

Again, tipping is an American custom, whether you like it or not. It is impolite by most Americans to not tip. If you don't tip, clearly you are not a paragon of politeness, because you are not obeying what Americans consider to be polite. There's really no use getting bent out of shape because you don't get to decide whether or not it is polite. That is for society to decide.

>You don't guarantee shit and you have no control over the service I receive at restaurants I visit. Can you even name a local place I go to?

Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe you receive stellar service regardless of whether or not you tip. What I can guarantee, however, is that all of the wait-staff talks shit about you after you leave and resents you when they see you walk in. That is universal everywhere I have ever worked, and from every coworker I've ever had, and from every other restaurant worker I've ever met. Seriously, even the back of house. You clearly do not know as much as you think you do about restaurant work if you think otherwise.
>>
>>29640539

I don't tip. Tipping is stupid. Some people do tip when they receive polite service. Tipping is not a polite thing to do.

I'll break my usual way of doing things and give you a tip:kill urself lol
>>
Yeah you know what? I've never wanted to tip before, and this thread convinced me.

I don't ask for you stupid fucks to bring me my food. Writing my order down and giving it to the cook isn't something I care about.

No matter how hard you work, it doesn't matter to me, I don't care. I am not gonna tip anymore.

Also, remember lurkers, if you tip, you are PERPETUATING TIPPING CULTURE IN THE USA. We have to stop this shit, and it will take a few of us being a little rude sometimes to make restaurants know they cannot depend on tips
>>
File: 1437950764029.png (521 KB, 497x517) Image search: [Google]
1437950764029.png
521 KB, 497x517
>>29640672
>Tipping is not a polite thing to do.

This board constantly impresses me.
>>
>>29640681

Someone has to put these entitled children in their place. It's good to finally see someone else standing up for good. These little shits are so entitled they'll attempt to publicly shame religious leaders if they don't get their way.
>>
File: poop-that-corn.jpg (56 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
poop-that-corn.jpg
56 KB, 600x500
>>29640766

You on the other hand, never impress me
>>
I work at a rent to own company deliver furniture, pick up late accounts from the nastiest fucking houses and deal with irate customers who don't understand 40days late doesn't mean you get to keep your shit, I get paid 9.30$ an hour idk the wage for waiters, but how do they feel entitled to get some of my hard earned money bringing me an overpriced dish when I never received tips for bringing in a bedroom or living room into your nasty ass 5th floor apartment
>>
>>29640773
Why do they think they deserve more than minimum wage?

They get minimum wage, their job can literally be done by a monkey - why are they asking for more?

This is as autistic as mcdonalds employees going on strike for higher wages.
>>
File: 1465340164272.jpg (32 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
1465340164272.jpg
32 KB, 500x491
>prolecucks complain about rich people
>defend employers forcing wage payments onto the consumer
>b-b-b-but if there wasn't tipping your food would be expensive
You retards know how much overhead there is for a shitty plate of 15$ spaghetti?
>>
Also, if a waiter waitress doesn't make your states minimum wage the restaurant is legally required to pay the difference
>>
>>29641062
No, you don't understand anon, these waiters work SUPER hard, much much harder than all the other minimum wage workers.
In fact, good waiters work as hard as doctors and engineers and should receive similar compensation in my opinion.
they deserve at least $20/hr, it not more. Our waiters deserve the best.
>>
Don't know how to reply to comments yet but to the guy above me I sense sarcassam I hope at least
>>
>>29641306

Did you not read the faq or lurk? You should kill yourself.

You type two meme arrows then the post number, like >>29641306
>>
>>29640814
This is the kind of comment spawned by individuals getting their BA in Economics from /pol/
>>
>>29641489
his cuckposting may have been retarded but he has a point

the waiters are paid by the restaurant, I am not responsible for paying their wage, and I don't want to be made to feel guilty if they aren't happy with how much I give them.
Whether or not I pay their wages, the restaurant is responsible for giving them minwage, why should I pay that instead? It's a stupid system that is majorly to the benefit of the restaurant owner and I am not gonna take part in it
>>
>>29641489

Its a simple question, do you know how much overhead there is on a plate of spaghetti?
I cook so I know it's not much. A few cents to make the pasta, I make sauce from vegetables my grandmother grows but I'm sure it's not more than a maybe $1 for the sauce. You run the dough through the machine then boil, and throw the sauce together in a saucepan, easiest meal ever, in fact it's the first thing I was taught to cook, if you can really call that cooking. Even bolognese is piss easy to make.
>>
>>29641566

Its beneficial even more to the waitress so she can steal from the population because she's an entitled cunt cheating on taxes.
>>
>>29641687
Fuck, now that I really think about it, there is no good reason whatsoever to tip.

Waiters, can you even give me a good reason? Can anyone think of one?

The two reasons I can discern from this thread are "it's rude not to" and "you are a dick if you don't"
Is there any actual reason to give a tip? I can accept if you think I am rude, just don't fuck my food up because you are only being paid minwage
>>
>>29641731
>Is there any actual reason to give a tip?

If it's a local place you like or have to eat at then not tipping could turn the staff against you and they'll subtly fuck with your food. You wanted justification so there is one reason.
>>
>>29642007
>not tipping could turn the staff against you and they'll subtly fuck with your food
yeah this is the only real reason

that being said, any waiter who would fuck with the food of a non-tipper isn't one that deserves a tip
>>
>>29642212
Thus the dichotomy of the situation that you'd feel you have to tip a waitstaff not to fuck with you despite you being a regular money maker for their business.
>>
this is a serious fucking circle jerk right now.

the "non-tippers" are all on their high fucking horse - "it's not my job to supplement your wage, get a real job," while they sit and post on a containment board for depressed degenerates, and most likely live in their parents basements or on neetbux.

then the pro-tippers are all like "our pay is shit we don't even make minimum wage. my boss sexually harasses me and customers treat me like shit."

you're all just as fucking sad as the posters above and below you. how about you are take your thumbs out of your asses and take a look at your surroundings. you're all completely useless to society.
>>
>>29635022
>being so poor he can't tip fat stacks
>>
>>29642555
do you have an actual problem with nontippers? other than assuming things about them?
call me a jew or poor or degenerate but being a waiter doesn't deserve more than minimum wage. it's not even a low skill job, it requires no skills at all, it's on the same level as a walmart of mcdonalds job yet waiters make much more if they work the same hours

>>29642575
you aren't impressing anyone
although the waitress might feel good and thank you and draw a little heart on your bill
>>
>>29642555

>haha, I'm better than everyone here
>stop putting your thumbs in your butts
>tchh, stupid butt fingerers with their fancy opinions on the foodservice industry
>>
>>29642640
>being so poor and insecure he only spends money to "impress" people
>>
>>29642575

>wasting money because he's so insecure about people thinking he's poor

Buy a Rolex or mont blanc. What's that? You can't because you blew it all dropping phat $5 on your hoes? At least you can be happy knowing she was able to buy a pack of condoms with your generous contribution.
>>
>>29642800
anon, it doesn't matter how much money you have. Sensible people don't spend more on a product than they have to spend.

Do you think Bill Gates would go to the store and throw down $100 every time he wants to buy a pack of gum?
Just because he can afford it doesn't mean he would
>>
>>29642816
Hahahha im not insecure I just don't give a fuck about a $20 tip on a $100 bill cuz I make enough money and I already have a nice watch. Also Rolexes are like the iPhone of watches, people think they're the nicest but it's just cuz they're poor and don't know better
>>
>>29642855
If it was customary and what our culture does I bet he would I Also don't tip when I go to France
>>
>>29642640
>do you have an actual problem with nontippers? other than assuming things about them?
yeah, I think they are pieces of shit who get off on getting a feeling of power and control that they think "not tipping" gives them. and people only go into the service industry to make easy money - that's the fucking point of it. both sides are pieces of shit.
>>
>>29642903
>I think they are pieces of shit who get off on getting a feeling of power and control that they think "not tipping" gives them
nah
I don't tip because I am poor
no reason for me to give my limited amount of money away
>>
>>29635547
your situation is not my problem. Employees COULD take a united stand, but instead you settle for trying to make your problem everyone elses. You are just a tool to bring my food, the cook makes it and the owner is responsible for the place existing in the first place
>>
>>29635022
Black guy here
I don't care about the stereotype
I'm never tipping
Tell your bosses to pay you minimum wage, it's not my job to make up the difference
>>
File: 1407682510039.png (71 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
1407682510039.png
71 KB, 393x391
>>29635694
>he thinks we don't know he'll be bitching to stacey about the lack of a tip
>>
>>29642864

If you don't care why go out of your way to tip then? 20% isn't all that excessive anyway, 15% is standard. I guess you're just bad at math and use 20% because 15% is too hard for you to calculate.

Anyway, oone thinks Rolex is the nicest, they recognize it's an attractive and recognizable minimalist watch that looks damn good. The submariner is a classic and only hipsters hate on it for not being obscure enough. And what's wrong with iPhones? Personal use I have an android but my work phone is iPhone. It took some getting used to for sure but I don't get the hate for it.
>>
My only issue is the hypocrisy.

Don't tip your food delivery guy and you're scum, but no one tips UPS or fedex drivers.
Don't tip your cab driver and you're scum, but no one tips bus drivers.
Don't tip your waiter and you're scum, but no one tips fast food workers.
Don't tip your bartender and you're scum, but no one tips the guy who pours your coffee at a convenience store.

The whole system is fucking stupid, but people get all moral about it like its not a load of bullshit. Employers should just pay people what they're worth and that's it.
>>
>>29643031
Wow ur are such a try hard. I tip 20% cuz my dad told me not to be cheap. I honestly could not care less what kind of watch a peasant like you wishes he had.
>>
>>29642903

I don't tip because a person who does their job and is fairly compensated by their boss for it should not feel entitled to strangers paying them extra for doing the job they already accepted. I won't complain if someone wants to waste their money rewarding greedy assholes, but neither will I have any part in it.
>>
File: enthused wojak.jpg (32 KB, 592x754) Image search: [Google]
enthused wojak.jpg
32 KB, 592x754
I just don't tip women
>>
>>29643122
Same, I'm a richfag so I always tip good male waiters 40%. Women get nothing unless they're nice old ladies.
>>
>>29643062

I'm the tryhard? I'm not bragging about how my daddy taught me to tip on the high end normal range of tipping.

I did tip this one time though. Your mom was sucking my dick last night and I told her to turn around and then I put my tip in her butt. She cried so u let her go back to sucking. I figured her life was bad enough making you, the least I could do is let her suck her own poop off my dick.
>>
>>29643122
>I just don't tip women

same
I fucking hate waitresses
they seem to have an assumption that if they act cute around me they'll get more since they think I am pathetic or something
no
you get nothing
fuck women
fuck waitresses
>>
i want to make my own restaurant and your not allowed to tip
>>
>>29643223
>not a try hard
>writes a paragraph about my mom to make me feel bad
You could have just said my moms a slut. and lawl 20% is nothing. Tipping is really just charity.
>>
where i live, you get minimum wage + tips. not bellow minimum wage. yet they still rage if you dont tip them

if you dont tip people and come back they will probably spit in your food
>>
>>29643223
what's your job? Is it common in work to be given a work phone?
>>
>>29636434
But Anon you're missing the point. Just carrying the plate to the table is hard work! And I hear sometimes they even have to refill the customer's drinks! With that amount of work they deserve a tip!
>>
File: 1467170304612.jpg (457 KB, 1653x1023) Image search: [Google]
1467170304612.jpg
457 KB, 1653x1023
>b-but they make below minimum wage!
Nice meme cuck, waiters make more than minimum wage with tips and they are required to be paid minimum wage if they don't. Tipping is a scheme by management to pass their costs onto the customer via social engineering.
>>
>>29643279
>And I hear sometimes they even have to refill the customer's drinks!
I wish my waiters did this
>>
>>29635022
You aren't worried about all the spit in your food ?
>>
>>29643249

I prefer to give you details, you already know she's a slut. If I had recorded in I'd Include a vocaroo of her gagging and reaching. I'm confused though. At first you say 20% is an exorbitant amount but you don't care, and now you say it's nothing. Which is it? It's certainly not charity because it isn't going to charity. Altruism maybe, I can understand wanting to reward a cute girl for flirting when you aren't used to such attention, but its still not charity.
>>
>>29643322
Only people with shitter immune systems care about that.

If I don't taste it I don't give a shit.
>>
>>29643322
>You aren't worried about all the spit in your food ?
If they do this they get fired
>>
>>29643338
Haha what I said "I just don't give a fuck about a $20 tip on a $100 bill" whatever man I'm sorry your poor. I hope you can get a job some day!
>>
File: 1460751670764.jpg (122 KB, 1300x901) Image search: [Google]
1460751670764.jpg
122 KB, 1300x901
>tfw you will never be able to tip a cute girl waitress her whole monthly rent just to see her smile
>>
File: pizza delivery woman.jpg (211 KB, 1279x1478) Image search: [Google]
pizza delivery woman.jpg
211 KB, 1279x1478
>not tipping at least 50% or a flat rate of $5, whichever is greater

I hope you like extra pieces of literal shit on your pizza sir
>>
waiter here, if someone doesn't tip me at LEAST 20%, I make sure that their food isn't fit for human consumption when it reaches the table. I've put a little of my saliva and piss into people's food before
>>
>>29643583

Are they supposed to tip you BEFORE they get the food or something? How do you contaminate their shit?

Also, I hope you become a paraplegic for being such a prick.
>>
File: tipping god.jpg (160 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
tipping god.jpg
160 KB, 450x300
>>29640773
>only tipping your God 10%
That's the minimum amount to not get fried with a lighting bolt. If you don't want to get cancer or become paralyzed in a freak "accident" you should give him at least 20%.
>>
Here's why tipping is bullshit - say you tip 20%, quite a generous rate, and you order two steaks. One steak is $200 and the other is $20. It's the same amount of effort to carry the steak over to you, but with the first you tip $40 and the second you tip $4. Why should you pay more for the same thing?
>>
>>29640773
wow. do places really do that with a required tip precentage?
>>
>>29643643
I can just tell when a customer is gonna be difficult

and most of the time I just use soaps and shit since that cabinet is on the way to the seating area

I've done it before, but not often, I mean I've only done it once before

fuck normies haha I don't care about them
>>
I don't tip if I get shit service and I know I'm never going to eat there again
>>
>>29643668
For $40 you could order a steak from amazon and have it delivered with same day shipping.
>>
>>29638355
M.C. Donald's Bistro
>>
>>29643697
that's the moron tax for going to Applebee's
>>
Kind of surprised at all the people here who think that the minimum wage law doesn't apply to an industry.

...What exactly do you people think would happen to a waiter if he didn't get any tips that month?
>>
>>29643653

I doubt that's true but it's unrelated to the discussion anyway. The point is that the pastor gives God only 10%, and he's God. What makes a waitress think she's nearly twice as deserving of his money as God?
>>
>>29643668
If you can't afford a $40 dollar tip you can't afford a $200 steak, simple as that.
>>
>>29644138
Maybe you can afford a $40 tip but see no reason to give it to a waiter who didn't do anything more than what a $20 steak would warrant?
>>
you could have the hardest job in the world and I still wouldn't tip you. It's your employers job.
If your boss isn't paying you then call the police idiot
>>
>>29644504
>It's your employers job.
This, do people tip surgeons after a 12 hour surgery? Of course not
>>
>>29644645

>not tipping your surgeon
Heh, enjoy the spit on your next bypass graft. I'm an operating room tech and we talk constant shit about lousy tippers. Anesthesia bro always makes sure to fuck up the nerve block and prescribe less pain pills. Makes for a nice recovery.
>>
>>29645035
>not spitting directly into the exposed organs of a low tipping patient

you gotta show them who's boss. you need to show them who is in charge here.
>>
>>29635694
>resteraunt
>existance
>3.75

WEW lad noice b8
>>
>>29635022
I always tip, waitressing isn't easy.
>>
>>29645605
>waitressing isn't easy
no job is easy
might as well tip every minimum wage worker you run into

construction is much harder than waitressing, did you tip the construction crew for your house?

is there a reason you specifically mentioned waitressing? do you only tip female waiters?
>>
>>29643052
It's because UPS drivers make pretty good money dude. Bus drivers make more than cab drivers, fast food workers make more money than waiters, pajeet at the 7/11 makes more than the bartender.
It's obvious you've never had a job
>>
>>29645689
>fast food workers make more money than waiters
they both make minimum wage
>>
>mfw i just realized I've been leaving tips at chinese buffets my whole life
>fucking buffets
>where they don't even bring you the food
>>
File: fedora and sunglasses.jpg (41 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
fedora and sunglasses.jpg
41 KB, 400x533
>when your waiter expects a "tip"
>>
>>29645840
>going to a regional chinese buffet
do you want to get ripped off while getting brain cancer

maybe yours in better but every chinese buffet in my city is super sketchy

actually nah, every buffet in my city is garbage
>>
Tipping is just a pathetic over compensation for having a small dick.

She won't suck your dick because you gave her extra money. There is no happy ending, especially not from empty beta gestures
>>
>>29637027

There's a lot of bullshit being spewed here but this is the biggest pile of it, it would be illegal if the employer doesn't complete the wage the reason they complain is cause people get guilt tripped into tipping so the waiter doing absolute fuck all can get more than he's supposed to earn and keep it off the table, most if not all of them don't report full earnings just the minimum required.
>>
>>29647312

All earnings are required. There is no minimum or maximum that is no be reported, they're supposed to report any and all. It's tax fraud plain and simple.
>>
>>29647336

You're adorable yeahh
>>
File: 9d5.png (413 KB, 576x566) Image search: [Google]
9d5.png
413 KB, 576x566
>>29635022
This is a porky sponsored thread, don't forget to buy Branded Item TM
>>
>>29646929
sometimes when you go someplace a lot it's good to get the staff to like you so you get preferential service. It's really that. At the bars by my work the people know me and they will serve me pretty immediately when there's a crowd and restuarants/coffee places just straight give me shit. That's the value, otherwise it's a "hey you did really good" sometimes there are just places that actually put you in a good mood because of how competent they were.

I remember going to a gyro place and I got maybe the best service I ever got anywhere. No chit chat, no bullshit, just a dream encounter. It felt like getting pulled away in a riptide at the beach and then just a competent hand grabbed me by the forearm and dragged me to shore.
>>
I don't tip when I do most of the work. Some entitled server staff expect 15%+ tips when I go PICK-UP my meal. You get a dollar or two at the most.

I do tip well when in Restaraunts and getting delivery though. I rarely eat out and don't mind going 20%+ when getting food delivered/served to me. It's such a rarity that I don't sweat over the few dollars extra I put out.

That being said, I will never put money in tip jars for service at places like Starbucks. That shit is dumb and money grubbing, IMO.
>>
>>29647387

Found the commie.
>>
File: 252354.jpg (188 KB, 680x670) Image search: [Google]
252354.jpg
188 KB, 680x670
>>29635694
you commited adultery with 3 whores who dont care about you and you;re going to hell, was it worth it?

meanwhile i had love making 40 times this month with my wife and we're both God fearing christians.

normies are so wretched and enslaved, while Satan tells them they are "free".
>>
>>29647387
>commie expecting free money
What else is new?
>>
File: a.jpg (15 KB, 383x287) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
15 KB, 383x287
>>29635313
I was going to say ''get a better job if you don't like it'' but
>dollors
No wonder you're stuck as a waitress you dumb roast , just leave some cleavage and you'll get your tips . God damn your job is SOOOOOO haaarrrdddddd.
>>
no job is more pathetic and normie than a waiter. It's literally a job for women who can't get a real job

there's no reason they should earn more than minwage, I am not giving my money for that
>>
File: a.jpg (32 KB, 468x311) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
32 KB, 468x311
>>29635438
>a lot of grunt work
THIS is grunt work you lazy trash , now shoo to the kitchen and check if my cake is ready.
>>
>>29635547
>EY BOSS WE IZ POOR AN SHEEIT , GIMME YO EXTRA DOLLOZ FO NO REASON
>>
>>29635566
Awwww poor roastie
If I were in that restaurant I would defend her honour and tip her extra!
It would be very gentlemanly of me!
I'm a very nice guy!
>>
>>29635572
I can't believe dis!
Guise we must immediately go to this normalfag's restaurant and tip!
I wouldn't want him to be sad! :((
giving cash to random strangers for carrying a plate is our duty robots!
>>
File: a.jpg (29 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
29 KB, 620x350
>>29635694
>he brags about his gpa and paying his way through a shitty american college
>to highschool drop-outs
What's the fucking point retard?
>Look guys I waste my time studying and carrying plates at my shitty job ! I'm so much better than you guys who don't have to work!
>>
File: 1439113891720.png (155 KB, 576x835) Image search: [Google]
1439113891720.png
155 KB, 576x835
>>29635022
Enjoy getting your food spit into
>>
>>29635760
WTF man that's rude , tip him and kiss his ass RIGHT NOW
>>
>>29635022
Tip 10%

For $10 that's a dollar

One fucking dollar

Expect to tip when you go to a restaurant (or strip club) and account for that in the price. If $11 for your "$10" meal is too much don't go there, they lose business. But don't act high and mighty by punishing their employees, a lot of states don't even pay waiters minimum wage.

10%, not 15, not 20. A) because it's easy to remember/calculate and B) they keep shilling higher tip percentages and it'll just go up to goddamn 30%
>>
File: arand.png (24 KB, 298x391) Image search: [Google]
arand.png
24 KB, 298x391
>>29648282
fine, give me your best service and I'll tip you what you're worth

$0.01
>>
>>29648363
no you don't understand anon

it is not your job

even if they expected 50 cents, you should not be responsible for paying the employees wages AND paying for your food

what the fuck is the restaurant owner paying for? just real estate? restaurant owners have created this system where they take basically all the dividends from the food, it's a shit
>>
>>29648363

Wouldn't it be easier to just eliminate tips and charge a 10% gratuity in the bill?
>>
File: image.jpg (445 KB, 780x1120) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
445 KB, 780x1120
I waited tables for a few years before I moved onto the white collar world. I was a server while I was in school.

It's much more difficult than any office job I've had. I've been followed home, my underwear has been grabbed, I've had a guy come in trying to role play some kind of panty fetish, I have permanent back problems, etc. Waitstaff do more than just take orders and deliver food. I was paid about $2/hour and I made the rest in tips. It was also my job to bus tables, wash dishes, handle bills, do prep work (salads, desserts, lemons, silverware, etc), clean the dining room, clean the restrooms, and more.

Customers are shitty and thankfully most left decent tips. I had one guy come in every day for five days just to try and see me again, there was one guy who asked me what color panties I was wearing, a group of guys who would refuse to give up their table after they were done eating until I gave them my phone number (I gave them a fake), a man who yelled at me until I cried when we were about to close because we had no sliced tomatoes, only diced ones, I had parties of 25-50 people stay two hours past my shift ended and then left no tip, I had religious folks leave bible verses as tips, I had to deal with chefs who expected me to pay them out in tips just for doing their jobs when they made $15/hour, I had customers steal my tips, etc etc

Basically waiting tables is pretty damn difficult. and I've done labor working on houses/construction.

So I know most of you are trolling, but tipping your waitstaff is the right thing to do. I agree, management should pay more, but they don't, so it sucks. The restaurants I worked at were "at-will" states too, so if you requested they make up for lost tips, they would require you give up your tips for the entire month, and then they would fire you. So please shut up with the "omg ur employer has to make up the difference".

I now tip generously and I live in a state where waitstaff makes minimum wage regardless of tips.
>>
>>29648806
Why do you think most are trolling? Does it not seem realistic that I don't want to pay you when I have literally no reason to do so?

>>29648806
>I live in a state where waitstaff makes minimum wage regardless of tips.
so there's no reason to tip then.
>>
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 1000x1425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 1000x1425
>>29648868
I assume most are trolling because in my experience, the vast majority of people tip. Except black people and Europeans.

Also because we are on 4chan.
>>
>>29635022
fuck you
fucking die you pig i don't care if this is bait
>>
>>29635251
>busboys and dishwashers make the same money and work harder
fucking LOL

I've worked construction, retail, repair, kitchen jobs, bartending, you name it (and yes, bussing and washing)

being a waiter at a good restaurant during a weekend or whatever is THE most stressful job I've ever had, out of quite a few

https://munchies.vice.com/en/articles/scientists-say-its-more-stressful-to-be-a-waiter-than-a-neurosurgeon

if you don't tip your waiter, you are scum. worse than chads, worse than shills, worse than degenerates.
>>
>>29649021
anon, lot's of people live stressful lives. you appear to think that the harder you work, the more money you should make. that's not the case.

people earn money based on worth, and the fact of the matter is, I do not value the job of a waiter. In all honesty, we both know restaurants can operate without waiters. People that clean dishes? Sure. Cleaning? Obviously. But the essential job of a waiter is NOT NEEDED. Pei Wei is a good example of a semi-waiterless restaurant. Your job is literally worthless. And you do not deserve a tip for bringing me my food.
>>
>>29649092
waiters certainly don't deserve to earn below minimum wage if a fucking BUSSER earns that much.

people pay for waiters for the same reason they want to go to a restaurant in the first place

take a pretty girl on a date and make her walk into the kitchen and grab her own food and grab her own drinks and ask the busy sweaty angry chefs about dish composition and recommendations and ask menu questions to the chefs about her dumb ass fucking gluten free diet and pick her own goddamn wine pairing.

>I'll do it all myself!
yeah, y'all are really going to fucking hit it off while you wait in line behind all the other patrons and she talks to the other chicks about whats wrong with their dates.

please tell me if you get a second date.

better yet, do it with a party of 15. I'm sure things will sort themselves out. I'm sure it will totally be a way better and less stressful experience than doing all that shit at your house.

I'm sure people will all seat themselves as efficiently as possible and grab their own wine from the cellar and the owners can just TRUST EVERYONE to behave rationally and honestly.
>>
>>29649092
and when you run out of wine/beer/water? you're going to let your meal that you overpaid for get cold while you get back in the dozen-long line of people just to get some more fucking ice so you can swallow the dry ass chicken you ordered because no was there to tell you "the chicken is a little dry?"
>>
>go out to eat
>waitress keeps hanging around this fucking bitch that brought a baby
>takes four times longer than normal to get our food
>have exact change+1 cent
>pay and say "keep the change, it's all your worth"

Fucking cunt
>>
>>29649241
when the food comes out late is is almost alway's the kitchen's fault.
unless you're seriously sure that your food was sitting back there getting cold while other staff members walked pasted it for 4x as long as it normally takes, i genuinely hope she smears her tampon across your steak next time you're there.
>>
File: 1428895881230.jpg (41 KB, 508x524) Image search: [Google]
1428895881230.jpg
41 KB, 508x524
Tipping is just a confusing mess for me. How the fuck am I supposed to calculate the price of the meal multiplied by .15, just off the top of my head? I usually just put in however many one's I've got in my wallet. Sometimes the waiter or barber or whatever reacts like I'm such a kind, generous man, but other times they see me as some cheap miser who wants them to live in squalor. The difference between these two opposite responses is just a couple of dollars, at the most. I don't really get it. If one person gives you like three dollars less than you believe you should've gotten, why does it matter? What were you going to spend that $3 on? A couple packs of gum?

I don't really agree with tipping either. The employer should just give them a proper living wage. What tipping amounts to, when you get right down to it, is just panhandling while you're on the job. What kind of shitty boss would make their workers do that?

>But, anon! What if she didn't do a good job and deserved to be paid less? What if she was especially friendly and prompt, and deserved more?
Yeah, we'd all like friendly, personable waitresses in skimpy outfits, who don't mind us staring at their tits. But we'd also like a chef who didn't hawk a huge loogie in our Caesar salad. We'd also like a dishwasher who doesn't keep mixing up the dishwashing machine with the trash compactor. Wouldn't it be ridiculous if we had to decide how much to pay each employee in the restaurant?

Man, if only there was some guy who did all that for us. If only there was a man who assessed all the employees and decided how much they should be paid, based on their competence. Perhaps he could oversee all the employees, tell them when they're messing up, and guide everyone into doing their best. Maybe the customers could even come up to him with any complaints or compliments, if there was a circumstance that needed his attention. He'd be like a sort of... "manager", of sorts?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.