[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Worked hard in high school and got a part time job >Became
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Timetofight.jpg (108 KB, 285x381) Image search: [Google]
Timetofight.jpg
108 KB, 285x381
>Worked hard in high school and got a part time job
>Became NEET for 3 years after graduated
>Parents want me out
>Have at least $15,000 dollars saved from working hard back in HS
>Want to buy a nice cheap house that I can own and don't have to worry about mortgage so the bank owns my ass and could kick me out
>All the houses available for that price are in places like 55+ communities

Im not renting an apartment I'll never own because Im not some retard throwing money away.
Im not going to fall under the trap of buying a super expensive house.
Fuck this system thats trying to force me to work!
>>
>All the houses available for that price are in places like 55+ communities
Do they stop people under 55 from buying? Ask your grandmother to buy it and you pay her the 15k
>>
File: Uh wut wus dat.jpg (31 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
Uh wut wus dat.jpg
31 KB, 313x286
>>29634666
They don't allow people of less then 55 years old to live there.
>>
>>29634729
Fairly sure that they can't discriminate due to age
>>
>>29634741
If he's white they sure can
>>
>falling for the renting is bad meme
You wont have any children so what do you need a house for?
>>
Congratulations, you can maybe buy a shitty trailer.

Maybe a downpayment on a double wide if you've got good credit and financing available.
>>
Being Australian means I'll never be able to buy a house.
>>
>>29634813
My house will be paid off by the time Im 55.

Literally my largest bill gone forever, ten years before social security retirement age.

Im gonna be fuckin comfy.
>house paid off
>solar panels providing most of my power, and since I have a well, my water
>dividend payments every quarter
>state pension if I keep this job 15 more years

Yeah nah, fuck renting. Even if you intend to sell a house it is better to have a mortgage because you can get that equity back out and put it towards eventual ownership.

And OP, dont fret, thats a significant down payment. Look in the 70-100k range for el cheapo mortgage. Look for HUD homes, and consider a fannie mae 'homepath' property. Might need work, but you skip mortgage insurance with less than 20% down by doing it.

Besides all that my mortgage is less than rent in this area.
>>
>have 35k saved up
>20% down gets me a poorly maintained condo
>doesn't even have freehold title

What's the point of working again? You need to be making AT LEAST 100k a year to even consider buying property. Not going to happen.
>>
>>29634813
Why would I want to pay to live in a place that I will never own?
Think about it.
What if for some unknown reason I lose my job and I have no money income. The moment I can't pay just to live there I get kicked out. I would rather buy a house and own the damn thing and suffer from no electricity and water for a while then not have a roof over my head.
I could go to the local library and have access to the internet for free and there are public water fountains everywhere until I get back on my feet.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.