[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here invented a happy fantasy place in their heads?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: Asian city4.jpg (951 KB, 1438x837) Image search: [Google]
Asian city4.jpg
951 KB, 1438x837
Has anyone here invented a happy fantasy place in their heads? I always escape to this awesome fantasy world I made in my head and makes me forget that this world sucks balls. Albeit, the world isn't exactly noblebright but it's a comfy medieval stasis world. Willing to tell details if anyone's interested.
>>
>>29634481
Yes. I will type mine out. Post yours in the meantime.
>>
File: 1464021327801.jpg (190 KB, 770x600) Image search: [Google]
1464021327801.jpg
190 KB, 770x600
>>29634481
When I was about ten years old I would explore this abandoned blue stone quarry on this mountain near my house. There were huge block-like holes where they took the rocks out, leaving behind weird looking pits and man made ponds.

I would pretend I was in another world where I was a wandering wizard in search of ingredients for my alchemy experiments.

I never would have guessed that I would become an irl wizard twenty years later
>>
>>29634481
The physical location exists in real life, about halfway between Taos and Albuquerque in northern New Mexico. I imagine owning a massive ranch there - thousands of acres. (I once saw one for sale and I imagine owning that specific one). On it, I have a tiny little cabin, almost empty on the inside. All there is is a rickity bed, a couple dressers and a stove. But if you pull the bed out, underneath it, you'll find a trap door. You open that and find a heavy steel trap locked with multiple locks. You open it, close it behind you and throw deadbolts that cannot be opened from teh outside. You climb down a long ladder to a landing, then another, then another. You're a hudnred and fifty feet undergroudn when you find my private bunker. Spacious, well lit, full kitchen, living room, dining room, den, huge bedroom just for me. Fishtanks and bird cages. Plants growing. At the deepest point in the back there's an isolation float tank.

In there, i can be safe.
>>
Yes, its very studio ghibli ish.. involves a beautiful warm countryside by the sea and a small cottage that I live in. Ive made art and short stories about it
>>
I like to read blank books in my imaginary library. A strange exercise that let's me get really into my fantasies.
>>
OP here. I'll tell you guys about my world. It's called Eden.

>3 realms exist in this universe: Celestial, Eden, and Abyss
>Celestial realm is home to creator gods and deities. The realm represents the good values of creatures. It's forbidden for Eden or Abyssal to enter the Celestial realm and to enter one must ascend to a Celestial through glorious deeds. Celestials are worshipped by Eden.
>Eden is the earthen realm home to Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and other fantasy creatures. The world is a medieval stasis with magic and elements of Victorian and early 20th century technology
>The Abyss is literally hell representing all the sins of creatures. It's the home of demons and monsters that sometimes spill into Eden, but is also home of the souls of the dead. The soul collectors work with Celestials to keep order in the realms
>A majority of the kingdoms and empires on Eden are Human or Elvish, but there are notable Dwarvish kingdoms, along with tribal Orcs, Goblins, other fantasy creatures and even certain Elves and Humans.
>Although Eden is in medieval stasis, magic and steam/coal technology is heavily used. Technology and Magic used to clashed and resulted in a 30 Years War style conflict but in the end both mediums worked together to move societies forward
>Most Human kingdoms use a mix of technology and magic, although there are some that use only one or the other. Elves use exclusively magic
>There is a feeling of high adventure in Eden although the overall tone of the world varies from region to region, with some places feeling quite grimbright or even grimdark
>Wars are common but not super destructive. Most wars are over petty noble family squabbles or tiny land grabs
>The races generally keep to each other and race mixing is very taboo and forbidden, although once in a while a little interracial hanky panky can happen but marriage is out of the question

If you guys are interested I'll tell more and get into the races/continents
>>
Yeah, I have something. It's not very fun, though. There's nothing supernatural about it. It's just an alternate universe: somewhere to deposit my conlangs and cultural-ethnic groups. The map is an alternate version of the real Earth that I've slowly been populating over the last five years.
>>
When i was younger I'd listen to dramatic music and pretend to be flying dragons and defeating the air ship pirates, it was really fun desu
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.