[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's a "normie thinks he's some sort of wise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12
File: lj0jicR.jpg (41 KB, 707x500) Image search: [Google]
lj0jicR.jpg
41 KB, 707x500
>it's a "normie thinks he's some sort of wise sage and gives useless, unsolicited, Just-World-subscribing stock "advice" to mentally-ill, ugly robots with incomparably shit lives and then acts surprised and offended when they tell him to fuck off" thread
>>
File: 1410293820299.jpg (64 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
1410293820299.jpg
64 KB, 500x502
>>29634084
>r9k hate women
>it's "gf begging" thread
>>
>>29634084
c'mon, just b urself op :)
>>
>>29634084
>it's a "I complain and circle jerk about how awful my life is everyday yet I find it unfair that I'm so miserable" thread
>>
>>29634084
They're right you just refuse to change.
>>
>>29634240
>>29634301
This. Everytime I see a face rate thread on this board, it's just normal looking people complaining that they're deformed.
>>
>>29634328
Daily reminder that even average looking men are below average in the eyes of a woman
>>
>>29634328
>Implying people who post their face on /r9k/ aren't /soc/-tier normies
>>
File: 1401988859809.png (218 KB, 666x520) Image search: [Google]
1401988859809.png
218 KB, 666x520
>>29634117
Thirsty beta fags are a bigger cancer than normies
>>
>>29634328
This >>29634357 is hard truth. You might be normal looking but doesnt mean that you'll be treated any better than uggobot.
>>
>>29634117
>>29634435
>tfw I've become desperate enough to accept becoming an orbiter instead of being their bf
>>
>>29634357
I've never seen any legitimate evidence to support that claim.
>>29634392
Valid arguement. However, even though they look like average people, they still complain that they're ugly and inferior like the rest of this board. I find it more likely that this board is full of a bunch of insecure, socially inept, depressed internet addicts who over speculate on social phenomena despite having very little experience in socializing.
>>
>tfw robocucks will forever wallow in their misery because they've been fucked in the head by the normie boogieman

feels good to know you do it to yourself
>>
>>29634482
Small percentage of robots wants to break free but they either dont know what limit them or they are bounded by negative character traits or looks. However majority of robots would gladly be orbiters for scraps of attention from girls.
>>
>>29634084
>it's the third one today
>these normies are really falling from their cushy lives at an amazing rate if they have to keep coming here to teach us their wise wisdom.
>>
>>29634084
>Just-World-subscribing
Every advice I've seen given to this board has been nothing like the just world fallacy. Every time someone tries to advise this board it's always something to the tune of "nobody owes you anything, and it's YOUR responsibility to nut up and change yourself". How is that "just world"?
>>
File: 1436878909921.png (390 KB, 498x710) Image search: [Google]
1436878909921.png
390 KB, 498x710
>>29634084
I don't think of myself as a wise sage, just someone who has experienced the same types of hardships and tribulations that you are facing right now and wishes to pass on the knowledge that they wish someone had told me beforehand.
I feel, as an obligation to myself and others, that I need to give you this advice. You may ask why I even bother when I can see the violent backlash that results. It's because the fear of missing the chance to help someone who sincerely needed it outweighs the fear of being attacked for trying to help. I know that I've made an impression on the individual that needed it most and that they themselves will now follow in my footsteps and help others as well. Every little bit counts and once it all adds up, you'll see that you've helped move everyone a step closer to the perfect world that we all hope for.
You have nothing to lose from listening to my words and taking them to heart but you have so much to gain. I know many of you are already disheartened and are probably ready to attack me but know that there will always be someone that wants to help you when you're ready to accept it.
>>
>>29634940
The least you can do is stop avatar fagging. You do this shit all the time
>>
File: 1466575902934.jpg (35 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
1466575902934.jpg
35 KB, 570x570
>>29634864
>born ugly and dumb into a shitty family, barely blunder through highschool
>haha just gitgud
>>
File: Snapchat-8444211522186365148.jpg (325 KB, 1080x1794) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8444211522186365148.jpg
325 KB, 1080x1794
>it's a fatso jew nose loser! Thread
>>
>>29635043
What are you even talking about? They've made one post.
>>
>>29635090
Every time theres one of these threads, he makes a post about why he's "saving" robots with that exact same pic.
>>
>>29635061
>born ugly and dumb into a shitty family, barely blunder through highschool
So what are you going to do, give up? Contrary to what the OP thinks, NOBODY said the world is fair.
>>
>>29635155
I ain't giving up, I'm just tired of hearing 'be yourself' and 'make something of yourself' all the time when I am destined to be a drone at best.
I can't use my body to excel because it's shit and working on it brings it up to average at best (wip atm)
And I can't use my mind because it sucks and learning (which is very difficult) and experience can only take you so far.
>>
>>29635105
I go to these threads all the time and this is the first I've seen them.
>>
>>29635244
>I'm just tired of hearing 'be yourself' and 'make something of yourself' all the time when I am destined to be a drone at best
Here's a tip: "be yourself" in a way just means "set realistic expectations".
>>
>>29635305
>be yourself means *something entirely unrelated to be yourself*
Fuck off with this meme. I've heard be yourself meaning literally every other piece of advice on the book. It doesn't mean shit
>>
>>29635343
Okay, friend. What do YOU think "be yourself" means?
>>
>>29635305
Yet the way most people say it makes it sound like being yourself suddenly makes it something good, because guess what, they can afford 'being themselves'
>>
>>29635351
Entirely unrelated. If you think "be yourself" means "set realistic expectations", say that instead of this joke of an advice.
>>
>>29635244
It's better to be yourself. If you ever get friends or anything out of trying to be someone else, it never feels as good.
>>
>>29635418
That's all nice and dandy, but you have to realize that people comparable to me are undesirable and not really fun to be around unless alcohol/drugs are involved or you're participating in simple/undemanding things like bowling or watching sports.
I don't want to be around people similar to me, yet I know that i don't really deserve to be around better people. Life's kinda shit when most people get to throw two dice at once while you're stuck with one.
>>
>>29635484
IMPROVE YOURSELF BRO
>Proceeds to defend this advice without knowing what you need to improve, what you lack and how you can do that
>>
>it's a "normies desperately flail away from accepting the fact that all people are 99% defined by their genetics and circumstances because it undermines their delusion that they avoided loserdom merely by being good people and losers are merely losers by their own doing" episode
>>
File: 1424877157936.jpg (23 KB, 419x483) Image search: [Google]
1424877157936.jpg
23 KB, 419x483
>"I'm not a manchild"
>Destroys his TV in a fit of rage at losing in a video game
>"I'm a manchild"
>>
>>29634084
>give advice to people
>get called a normie and told to fuck off
am disabled, in pain, have nightmares almost every night, spend most of my time on 4chan and have been on 4chan since the beginning, have panic attacks, etc.

do you just want to vent? i can see how being given advice if you just want someone to listen can be frustrating, but some people just want to help.
>>
File: Sehtvehk.jpg (3 KB, 90x90) Image search: [Google]
Sehtvehk.jpg
3 KB, 90x90
>>29634084
>Oh, it's a "the world hates me; life's not faaaairrrr! I should have a gf even though I have no qualities that someone would find attractive. Stop telling me to get out there and try for once in my life NORMIE REEEEEEE!!! LOOK AT THIS ANIME CHICK WITH A DICK!!! 2D FOR LIFE (oh god please help me, all I want is to hold a girl in my arms while she says 'I love you'). Let me blame anyone but myself for the failures in my life because I'm not able to cope with the idea that the only one responsible for my pathetic life is me" thread.
>>
File: 1464529424365.png (108 KB, 250x373) Image search: [Google]
1464529424365.png
108 KB, 250x373
Its amazing how many people come to /r9k/ knowing full well they hate the denizens of /r9k/.
How do they stand getting themselves mad so often?
>>
>>29636061
Being a robot isn't about a disadvantage tally. It's about a very narrow set of disadvantages, usually molded firmly into ones personality when growing up, which can be summed up as "bad social skills". Being a minority or having no limbs or being poor (as a few examples) don't make you a robot because it's not your character or personality holding you back, just external circumstances. These external circumstances may reduce the pool of people socially available to you but the robots social pool is essentially 0 regardless of their circumstance because if you can't into basic social interaction then even being rich or handsome won't save you. And I don't mean being smooth or knowing the right thing to say, I mean being able to say anything at all. When your social skills are stunted like this you can't even get a job or make any friends, let alone climb onto the social ladder. What normies don't understand is that to ask a robot to make social achievements isn't akin to asking them to overcome adversity like the normie may have done themselves. It's like asking a person with no legs to run a marathon, and there's no such thing as prosthetic brains.
>>
>>29636318
unless you're actually austistic (and even then sometimes, too) you can learn better social skills if you practice. it's a fact that you can improve at socializing at least a little bit if you try.
>>
>>29636318
>. What normies don't understand is that to ask a robot to make social achievements isn't akin to asking them to overcome adversity like the normie may have done themselves. It's like asking a person with no legs to run a marathon, and there's no such thing as prosthetic brains.

No, it's like getting knee surgery and going through rehab. Results may vary, but for the majority of people here, they can get at least some use back
>>
>>29636389
But we have no motivation or reason to try.
>>
>>29636061
Why do you think you can give advice when obviously it's not working for you?
>have nightmares, panic attacks, spend most of my time of 4chan
Your advice is probably shit tbqh
>>
>>29636403
Proof? At this point our brains are so different from a normal one theres novway yoi could even comprehend how bad we are at sozializing.
>>
>>29636425
of course you have a reason to try if you're lonely and want companionship.

the motivation comes from believing that it's actually possible and that's the hard part for most people. people are afraid to be hurt and rejected, yet again. but if you really have nothing because you're so bad at social skills, what do you have to lose? at worst, you'd just prove yourself right and be able to give up with no regrets.
>>
>>29636318
>>29636425
Everybody has to learn how to socialize though, and you're literally on a social media website so you are having some form of social interaction.

>>29636455
How do you know it's not working? It's impossible to completely remove those issues, but I don't let them control me and I know how to deal with them. And 4chan is good because the anonymity is pretty unique among social media websites.
>>
It's useless talking to normies. They just haven't suffered enough, and they refuse to acknowledge that all life is constantly dying and eating itself.

As for social skills, look up "critical period" and "feral children" on Wikipedia.

There is not always hope. People suffer and die. What you have is a result of lucky genes and sufficiently nurturing environment.
>>
>>29636656
>comparing your social struggles to feral children

We've hit critical levels of delusion folks!
>>
I saw tons of threads recently where some guy was giving people positive, bro-tier advice cause he beat depression or some shit and thought it was automatically applicable to every person who posted here.

It's like he thought that positive thinking was genuinely enough to over-come every disability:

>Can't walk
>Bruh, not with that attitude you can't! Start lifting weights and you'll be able to walk in no time you lazy fucker!

>Can't see
>Bruh, people like you honestly piss me off! If I were blind I'd do everything in my power to see again! I'd turn my lights on for a start and find an apartment with a better view for starters!

>Can't hear
>Bruh, all you need to do is listen better! You should practice by trying to focus on what I'm saying now cause I'm about to drop some bomb advice: be yourself :^) It's really that simpe

>Anon can't sleep at night due to non-24 hour sleep wake disorder, medication not effective
>Bruh, I am sick and tired of people like you who sit around all day whining about their lives and not doing anything! You're probably tired all the time cause you never do anything and just jerk off xD.

>Anon can't go outside because he has panic attacks and agoraphobia, medication not effective
>Bruh, people who use that excuse are pathetic. I had depression before so I know how hard it is but I didn't fucking give up. You can overcome everything with enough will power!

>Anon lost every job he's ever had due to crippling depression which he can't get help for
>Laughing my fucking ass off. Cry more faggot. Maybe if you weren't such a bitch you could keep your job xD

Etc. If I ever get psychotic enough I'll make sure to kill people like this.
>>
>it's an r9k thread

stop muting me
>>
>>29636524
>do this
>bro just try again it's a numbers game
one attempt alone made me miserable for the next month, I'm sure if I keep trying I'll eventually succeed instead of killing myself because of continuous reinforcement of being undesirable!
>>
File: 1464565876079.gif (49 KB, 983x622) Image search: [Google]
1464565876079.gif
49 KB, 983x622
>>29634503
Anyone else have pastas?
>>
File: 1466645643653.jpg (161 KB, 660x443) Image search: [Google]
1466645643653.jpg
161 KB, 660x443
>>29634503
Only mildly relevant
>>
>>29636809
This is why I'm glad I'm bisexual. At first it was mostly just a lewd thing but now I think I'd rather a relationship with a man than a women just because I find them stupid, vain, spoiled, and disgusting.
>>
>>29636809
is there one of these for men
>>
>>29636845
>bisexual
Doesnt fags usually hate bisexuals?
>>
>>29636861
Not sure but It does seem like actual fags value quite different things in their partners though compared to the anons here who like feminine boys.
>>
File: 1463772202707.jpg (82 KB, 405x306) Image search: [Google]
1463772202707.jpg
82 KB, 405x306
>>29636479
I used to be a friendless, kv robot, and now I'm not because I put in effort to better my social skills and look better.
>>
>>29636955
Maybe, but if you could socialize moderately well (objectively, not your own valuation of the stat) it was probably mostly about changing your perception. Some people will have that (and probably worse) plus terribly atrophied social skills
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.