[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any movies about robots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: loner-movies.jpg (146 KB, 605x403) Image search: [Google]
loner-movies.jpg
146 KB, 605x403
Are there any movies about robots?
>>
Not mainstream enough, for now, wait until it becomes hype like "geeks" and "nerds" and it may happen
>>
>>29633585
no
even the supposed losers always have token friend or two
even the dude in nhk
reeeeeee33333
>>
File: p35599_p_v8_aa[1].jpg (552 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p35599_p_v8_aa[1].jpg
552 KB, 960x1440
>>29633585
originalio metallico
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDiOmviCq3U
a classic
>>
>>29633650
This movie was kind of fucked up. Parents literally just build their child.
>>
>>29633680
Better than growing them for 9 months and then 24-72 hours of pain for the mother, don't you think?
>>
>>29633585
julien donkey-boy
>>
Charlie from Perks of Being a Wallflower was essentially a robot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcoMl3naEpo
>>
>>29633776
was pretty gud, however I feel he is a failed normie wanting to be a normie than an actual robot.
>>
>>29633701
Well, I'm not the mother soooo....

Also, wheres the love in that? I could build a robot child in real life, but I could never love it like I would my own flesh and blood.
>>
>>29633947
>I feel he is a failed normie wanting to be a normie than an actual robot
Agreed.
>>
>>29633585
Transformers was about robots.
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (67 KB, 1280x692) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
67 KB, 1280x692
>The only answer. Originallioi
>>
File: 1312.jpg (295 KB, 853x753) Image search: [Google]
1312.jpg
295 KB, 853x753
Lars and the real girl
Blade Runner (in a way)
Superbad
Fight Club
Drive
Oldboy
Leon The Professional
Taxi Driver
Falling Down

Are the ones I could come up with from the top of my head
>>
We Need to Talk About Kevin
Naked
Eraserhead
Dark Horse
Submarine
Adaptation
>>
>>29633585
Wall-E
>>
>>29633633
Well how are you supposed to develop a plot if the protagonist doesn't interact with anyone and just sits in his room all day?
>>
Theres not a single movie where any character is a male virgin and stays one during the movie and has no friends. So the answer is no.
>>
>>29634389
THats why there are no movie about robots.
>>
There's a good Christian Slater movie called Pump Up the Volume about a socially isolated guy who broadcasts fucked up shit on a pirate radio station from his bedroom. It's not very realistic though because instead of getting a gun and shooting up his school he ends up getting the girl.
>>
Chronicle
The Double

^true robot movies

Partially:
Nightcrawler
Barton Fink
Leon the Professional
One flew over cuckold nest
Equilibrium (pretty shit sometimes but muh gunkata)
Dr Strangelove
Wanted

Good movies imo in general, not robots
Snatch
Jumper
Limitless
>>
>>29635229

Thanks for the spolier fucknut.
>>
Art school confidential

Shitty mtv movie from 2000s but a student goes to art school and thinks everything is trash and then ends up getting framed for murder. It's better than I make it sound.
>>
>>29635294
Poster above reminds me of He was a quiet man. Mostly robotic but circumstances are complicated.
>>
>>29635294
>Jumper
>Limitless
Two out of three movies you recommend are losers turning into Chads overnight either w/ drugs or fucking magic. Seriously, GTFO.

And how is Nightcrawler a partially robot movie? That's an art film.
>>
Crumb
American Splendor
Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter
>>
>>29635499
Oh yeah also Ghost World. The main character is a gril robot but Steve Buscemi is a robot in it too.

Also I really want to stress that Crumb is a good movie about robots. It's a documentary about the cartoonist Robert Crumb and his super-robot brothers.
>>
File: Her-Movie-Soundtrack.jpg (8 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Her-Movie-Soundtrack.jpg
8 KB, 300x300
Got one for you right here
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.