[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He tells people he has a genius-level IQ even though he has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 22
File: 1466838569733.gif (643 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1466838569733.gif
643 KB, 245x245
>He tells people he has a genius-level IQ even though he has absolutely nothing to show for it.

Maximum cringe. Please move out of your mother's basement and get at least a bachelor's degree before you go around calling yourself a genius. It's unbelievably autistic.
>>
This thread is pretty autistic itself.
>>
When will the "smart but lazy" meme die? It's like most of you never outgrew your 12 year old know it all phase
>>
Kind of true, if you tell people your IQ when it's irrelevant to the discussion it's bragging about something you have no control over. Like white supremacists feeling superior for being white while they sit around getting drunk every day and posting on social media.

OP is pretty autistic too though.
>>
>>29632503
the IQ level states how smart you could be if you wouldn't be lazy as fuck
>>
Is iq hate a reddit meme? It seems weird to have so many race realists here but then half the posters shit their panties over the idea that a person can be a genius.

I have an extremely high IQ, and this triggers the fuck out of everyone. Do they just ten know what iq is or what? I don't get even half as much shit for my height(6'2) and the manlet meme has been around forever.
>>
>>29632567
Yeah same my IQ is really high and I'm 6'3" and have a 8x6" benis and it triggers everyone around me constantly. Life is a struggle tho
>>
>>29632567

Having an extremely high IQ doesn't make you a genius

It just shows how good you are at basic to medium level problem solving. There are so many things that would class a real intelligence that are just simply not accounted for at all in an IQ test
>>
>>29632600

My benis isn't that big, unfortunately.

I'm wondering how your life is a struggle though. I'm high functioning autist but I would much prefer this over being a normalfag with a lower iq. I couldnt do my job if I were a brainlet.
>>
>>29632644

IQ is by definition the only thing accounted for by IQ tests and there is no other way besides IQ testing to determine IQ.

Stay jelly though. It takes less effort than required to make the most of your limited potential.
>>
>>29632558
either way, all the "geniuses" of r9k are still useless human beings and generally are dumber than a box of rocks
>>
Unless you have a high-powered career or made boatloads of money, no one cares about your IQ. You're not a genius just because you scored well on a single test. Knowledge always beats IQ. If you don't know shit about how the world actually works, your puzzle solving skills are worthless.
>>
>>29632767
>>29632787

You show those tall poppies!
Hehe, not so intelligent now that intelligence didn't make them happy.
>>
A genius level IQ has nothing to do with live "achievements". A true 135 like me knows such things are just spooks normies circlejerk to.
>>
>>29632820
"Smart but lazy" is a meme. You're not smart unless you're highly educated, either through school or autodidactically. You can't just sit in your mom's basement all day fapping to 4chan and call yourself a genius. You need to actually read books and learn about the world around you.
>>
>>29632886

Poor jelly fag, all that hard work with nothing to show. Then some genius waltzes up and effortlessly btfos you in everything, not even trying as if he were born doing it. I understand that can be frustrating, but crying won't change things. Just do your best. The results may be mediocre bit at least you'll know that even if you aren't smart you aren't lazy. Working harder for less results is admirable. Take the high road and enjoy the view.
>>
>>29632886
>implying smart == well educated
IQ tests exist because they are a simple way to compare the intelligence human beings disregarding education, job or social status. Albert Einstein would still be a genius even if he had decided to pursue the simpler pleasures of life.
>>
>>29632961
>Albert Einstein would still be a genius even if he had decided to pursue the simpler pleasures of life.

Nope. He wouldn't. If he never went to school or bothered to read a book, he'd be an ignoramus, just like you delusional r9k """""""geniuses""""""""

>>29632938

Sure thing, buddy. Please report back when you earn your community college associate's degree. I go to an ivy-league medical school. What do you have to show for your """"""""genius"""""""" IQ? Lmao. Dumb faggot.
>>
>>29633061

The only thing that can show an IQ is the IQ score. Good on you for being able to memorize a lot of stuff, I guess. Maybe you just weren't cut out for a field that requires actual thought and intelligence like finance or science. Play to your strengths, this is what IQ is good for.
>>
>>29633061
>he measures intelligence by college degrees
Good goy.
>>
>>29633061
>he'd be an ignoramus
>implying smart == well educated
Read the fucking post before you reply dipshit. Or at least provide an argument on why IQ testing is flawed and can be improved via education.
>>
>>29633146
Not just any degree either, he fell for the medical meme. The very same thing every other pajeet is doing, but not just that, but doing it better and for a lower price.
Doctors are just nurses with inflated egos and a prescription pad. What can they do that any jackass off the street with WebMD on their phone can't?
>>
>>29632503
I always think the exact same thing when I hear this shit. If you can't make your own success, then you're not that smart.
>>
>>29633138
>finance requires intelligence

Top fucking Kek. Finance is what idiots who think they will be the next wolf of Wallstreet major in, and they end up becoming shitty accountants who make $60K/year...

Medicine is science btw. You should probably learn that before you embarrass yourself again...the definition of medicine:

>Medicine is the science and practice of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease
>the science

Rekt. Brb, making over $300,000/year and being regarded as a true brainiac by society while you fester in your mom's basement taking IQ tests to desperately validate your self-worth. Faggot.
>>
>>29633240
>and practice
Its not science if you're doing the practice side of the medicine,but. Accounting is not finance either by the way. As stupid as you are you won't last long even if you are just studying medicine. I hope you have a good backup. Otherwise it's gonna hurt when those delusions come crashing down around you.
>>
>>29632767
I have never seen someone claim to be a genius on /r9k/

However, every day there's another
>tfw double digit IQ
thread
>>
>>29633570
People do it all the time. They say how they have a 140+ IQ and then blame their social retardation on their """""genius""""" status because no one "gets" them. They're basically stuck in the mindset of preteen edgelords.
>>
>>29633570

I claim to be a genius.

The double digit iq threads are just made by people who don't understand IQ. If they're posting on 4chan then they are almost certainly above average IQ. IQ is a fairly difficult concept to understand, somehow. I thought it was easy but I think most things are easy. It certainly doesn't help there is so much disinfo out there surrounding it.
>>
>>29632644
>It just shows how good you are at basic to medium level problem solving.
Are you denying the connection between IQ and material success?
>>
>he calls himself a retard even though he has nothing to show for it besides a low IQ
>>
>>29633671
You're not a genius. You're just a faggot weeb NEET.
>>
>>29632503
Sounds like you got triggered by a meaningless interaction on the Internet.

Pretty low IQ desu
>>
>>29632787
>Unless you have a high-powered career or made boatloads of money, no one cares about your IQ
That is not exactly true. If you have massively high IQ, you can get an Ivy league scholarship practically over the weekend, whereas normies have to hit the books for the two decades to get one.

Moreover, certain businesses higher people who show high potential. You don't need to have postgrad degrees or to know the things required for a relatively high-paying job at the interview if they know you'll have it all covered by the end of the quarter. I was a hired to my current job like that.
>>
File: top ebin.png (54 KB, 507x464) Image search: [Google]
top ebin.png
54 KB, 507x464
>>29633671
>If they're posting on 4chan then they are almost certainly above average IQ.
WEW LAD
>>
>>29633623
>preteen edgelord
What does that even mean? I'm pretty sure the edgelords are made exclusively in the teenage years.
>>
>tfw when I go to harvard and got in without even trying
>>
>>29633623

They blame the lack of social skills. To a degree IQ is positively correlated with success in social interaction. Eventually IQ does seem to hamper social ability but even then it's still social skills, non IQ. You're confusing correlation and causation, a typical mistake for those with low IQ.

>>29633747

Notice how they rage against the smart but lazy types. They begrudgingly admit that a high IQ greatly benefits a person. That's the basis for the anger. They feel the gift is wasted on someone content to just coast by. When they see someone surpass them while coasting despite them giving it their best efforts they go into maximum sour grapes mode.
>>
>>29633671
>>If they're posting on 4chan then they are almost certainly above average IQ.

Thanks for confirming what I already knew.
>>
>>29632503
yeah it makes me smirk to myself every time I see an /r9k/ thread where so many of the posters

>have 130+ iq
>effortlessly passed tests with 100% but didn't do the homework so they got bad grades
>are now neet/work minimum wage
>"smart but lazy"

I'm sure there are a very small amount of people on /r9k/ like that who have mental problems

but it's like every lazy neet tells themselves this
>>
>>29633791

That's not what the IQ test said.

>>29633874

I've seen what different IQs look like, high, low, and average. You just lack perspective.
>>
>>29633901
>They feel the gift is wasted on someone content to just coast by.
I have relatively high IQ - mid-120's (@SD15) - and I too think it's a waste. I take comfort in the notion that they'll hate and/or kill themselves w/ or w/o drugs eventually (and that potentially includes you). You can't escape analyzing your life when your brain works the way it does.

>When they see someone surpass them while coasting despite them giving it their best efforts they go into maximum sour grapes mode.
Only the very few get to do that. I don't understand why they're so anally anguished. There are tons of people who get away with way worse stuff.
>>
>>29633850
>you can get an ivy league scholarship over the weekend
Are you literally retarded?
>>
My wife (inb4 wife and on /r9k?) has a genius IQ. She really did nothing of accomplishment in her life but marry me.

I'm probably a little below average IQ. I struggle with reading, problem solving, relationships. But my wife can figure things out, read people, understand complex ideas, etc... Sometimes she scares me.
>>
File: 1464434980289.png (122 KB, 417x312) Image search: [Google]
1464434980289.png
122 KB, 417x312
>>29632503
>he tells people he has a big dikk even though he's a kissless virgo
>>
>>29634053
>omitting crucial adverbs for effect
Are you functionally illiterate?
>>
>>29634011

I'm not a genius nor am i claiming to be but the homework meme has to die, I'm RIDICULOUSLY good at high school level maths my mom drilled that into my head and I passed tests with straight 100's teachers didn't care I didn't do homework I used to miss math class to finish homework in the library and still got 95+ in all my math classes

NOTE : this only works in HS college is different but all the people who say that seem to be talking about HS and say that's why they didn't get into college which doesn't matter if your SAT or ACT and regents are on point they'll usually omit your bad grades sinc ethey see a potential cash cow
>>
>>29633899
Sure you did. I bet you also have a 12 inch cock and a pet unicorn.
>>
>>29634319
>why would I do that?

So you can get a job. Try walking into JP Morgan or Goldman Sachs without a college degree and asking for an interview based on your genius level IQ. You will be laughed out of the building...

Not to mention other careers like physician or professor, which REQUIRE terminal degrees.

Have fun working at McDonalds for the rest of your life.
>>
>>29632503
>have 3 bachelors
>do low tier wage jobs because I broke some guys nose at work in the past

faggot shouldn't have touched my snickers.
>>
>>29632503
Who made you pissy enough to post this thread, I wonder?
>>
>>29634477
>who

It wasn't one person. Every other anon on r9k is a self-proclaimed genius all while spending their days festering in their mothers' basement fapping to cartoons and eating chicken tenders. These delusional bastards actually think they have something in common with Einstein just because they're pretty good at solving easy to medium difficulty level puzzles.
>>
>>29632519
>When will the "smart but lazy" meme die? It's like most of you never outgrew your 12 year old know it all phase
Never. It's rationalization at its finest, and that never dies.
>>
>>29634283

It continues in university too. Homework simply does nothing but bring down a good student's grade and force a bad student to study, but even then their grade barely goes up. After your XXX-101 and 102s they stop assigning homework all together, it's all in the papers and maybe the exams will have a multiple choice component.
>>
>>29634450

I work as a data analyst. I didn't even finish high school. A portfolio is all you need for any real job. The funny thing is to job is in stupidly high demand but only requires a little familiarity with spreadsheets and basic scripting. Anyone can do it, but they don't because they'd rather barista at a coffee shop with their humanities degree.
I'm slowly branching out into e-commerce. I've done a couple test runs and will soon have a process. Data analysis is good but I can make even more if I apply my skills elsewhere,especially if I maintain the contacts I've made the last few years.
>>
>>29634509

Maybe if you practiced then you too could solve difficult puzzles. What does it say about you if you struggle just to keep up with tendie eating waifu fapping basement dwellers?
>>
>>29634509
I know this might come as a surprise to you, but not everyone on this board is the stereotype so frequently associated with it..
>>
>>29635581

Don't bother, low IQ brainlets can't understand that multiple people post as anonymous and aren't actually the same person. They don't stand a chance of understanding what you're talking about.
>>
>140 iq
>scouted by stanford at young age for their weird kid college summer meme
>in college getting a cs degree / working for 28/hr, praised by my boss for making better software for him than is available on the market
>never studied in my life

>crippling depression
>>
>>29635447
I think this is the name for what I'm doing. Basically just spreadsheets and scripting for an ecommerce store/business. Very easy and pays well, allows me to be creative and fuck off as well with no supervisor or customer contact.

Perfect Robot job.
I've always said SysAdmin but I'll use that from now on.
>>
>>29632503

I don't have a high IQ (though it would be cool) but I do have a bachelor's degree.

> I've a bachelor's degree, like 40 millions of Americans, I must be exceptionnal

No, it sounds even worse than just mentionning some unverifiable IQ score.
>>
It does make me quite angry to hear people boasting about their IQs on the Internet when at least half of those people should have an IQ less than or equal to 100. You somehow never hear about the bottom half of the distribution yet these people are honestly suggesting that people on the Internet are disproportionately smarter than the general population, especially on r9k? I don't think so, but I'd speculate a lot of people here are more introspective at least. Introspective but certainly not smarter which makes me wonder where these "high IQ" morons are all coming from?

Here are some possible ideas:

* At some point Anon was told by a trusted person (like a teacher or parent) that their IQs were high as part of the special snowflake, self-esteem movement of the 90s and held on to the label their entire lives. This seems quite likely as every parent wants to believe their child is gifted and special which teachers know. What probably started as "anon is a bright student" may have eventually reached the child as "anon has a high IQ."

* Anon took an Internet IQ test (again based on the self-esteem movement) designed to make people come away feeling like a genius. A lot of the IQ tests on Facebook are fake and report genius numbers regardless of choices. Especially if they're normed on a person's friends list which I've seen recently! Interestingly enough, the idea of norming a test on a friends associates is quite interesting since it makes you understand intelligence in the context of your immediate social group which may actually be more useful than an IQ in general. After-all: if you're never going to interact with the whole world at large it may be helpful to know how you stand in your -immediate- environment.

* Anon's IQ is actually that high and everyone else is just ashamed of their IQ so they don't post about it, leaving only the petty faggots in this thread. But this is an anon image board so that seems unlikely.

* Anon is lying.
>>
>>29635751
>crippling autism
>>
>>29632503
Anyone who thinks r9k isn't smart has never met an actual dumb person, which is shocking in this day and age of Facebook.
>>
>>29636415

Is it at least in STEM? That's still a feather in your cap, you just have to toot right on your horn. If you don't have the IQ you can at least imply you do. That way it's not lying.
>>
>>29636416

You do hear of both. r9k has both threads quite often,
> tfw dumb as rock
and
> tfw genius but lazy
but perhaps you scroll over the previous ones.

It's also known that high IQ correlates with autism and poor social skills in general, so it's hardly surprising that a board for lonely autists has lots of smart people. Wizardchan is similar, or has perhaps even more intelligent people than r9k.
>>
>>29632503

I've never mentioned my IQ IRL. Just online to piss off people like you. Nothing to show for it? Bitch, I have more to show than you, all the while eating tendies and fapping to 2d waifus.

> two bachelors, both in STEM
> very high grades on minimal work
> excellent programmer

>>29632600
Very close, but sadly I'm not as rage inducing.
> 136 IQ
> 6'
> 6.5"/6" cock

Smarts has brought me easy school years, height and dick haven't been of any use.
>>
>>29636484
>also known that high IQ correlates with autism and poor social skills in general

I think that's a myth, desu. Seems too much like what people who self-diagnose tell themselves. If anything its probably the other way around. Would be interested in studies though.
>>
>>29634509
No, you misunderstand. I was asking who made OP feel inferior enough to make a thread like this.
>>
>>29636550
Why the hell would you get more than one bachelor's degree? Not hating; just genuinely curious. Why didnt you do a masters instead of the second bachelors? I have a bachelor's and am working on an M.D. I don't know my IQ, but I have a 6.5"/6" dick as well.
(Bro-fist.jpg. feels good being thick, no homo). 6'1" height.
>>
>>29632503
I can ride a bike but I don't own one.
>>
>>29633671
>If they're posting on 4chan then they are almost certainly above average IQ.
This may have been true before 4chan was in the top 1000 most used websites.
>>
>>29636607

It required very little additional work, most courses could be read up as already finished from the other one. A masters would have been 3-4 years, and given me no benefit - it may even have been detrimental, as they're seen as overeducated. A bigger percentage of masters is unemployed or working in a non-related field, despite being a smaller number. Same applies for phd.
>>
>>29634057
Sounds like you complement each other. I wish you good luck.
>>
>>29633240
>tfw claims to be medical scientist
>comes to 4chan r9k
btfo and/or kill yourself asshole. no one cares dipshit
>>
>>29636687
Wow, you are smart indeed. Well done.
>>
>>29636416

Lel, you have a lot to learn about iq. The average is from the population. 4chan is not a random sample of the entire population, /r9k/ is an especially poor example of the general population.

Do you think that half of mensa members are below 100 iq too? What if you only looked at the friends of a mensa member? It makes more sense that groups would be close in iq.
>>
>>29636553
http://www.nature.com/mp/journal/v21/n3/full/mp201512a.html

That's for autism and intelligence.
I'm hoping you'll let the autism and poor social skills correlation slide. It's associated to the point of being diagnostic, so I really shouldn't need to post an abstract saying autists struggle with empathy.
>>
>>29632503
Bbbbbut I'm a lazy genius
>>
If you are not a by profession a:

>mathematician
>physicist
>engineer

you are not a genius and will likely not help mankind as a whole.
>>
>>29633671
>If they're posting on 4chan then they are almost certainly above average IQ
Let's not go that far.
4chan probably has an average IQ around 110. But there are many idiots here, like those idiots say "it's not a secret club".
If you think 4chan isn't above average you need to get a little more experience with the real world.
>>
>>29637446

110 is 0.75 SD above the mean so that's pretty good I think. Control for the tourists and redditumblrs and it should be even higher.
>>
File: 1454359354788.gif (136 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1454359354788.gif
136 KB, 900x600
>>29632503
>tfw think I'm smart-but-lazy in highschool
>kids in class used to think I was smart as fuck and ask me for answers, but all I really did was pay attention, my actual problem solving skills were shit
>begin to believe them
>stop paying attention
>fail a lot, unless I'm around others, in which case then I start paying attention to show off, thus reinforcing this idea in myself and people around me I just didn't try
>take an IQ test
>i'm actually retarded and should not have been born

That was a wake-up call for me to start on self improvement and start researching how to improve intelligence. As it turns out, while intelligence/IQ is largely affected by genetics, it can also be built up by doing things like learning multiple languages, learning a musical instrument and reading a lot. All of this applies to the ripe old age of 7! After that point you're fucked and retarded for life.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>29637358
You forgot
>physician

It takes true genius to be a master diagnostician sometimes. Just because it's often a thankless job doesn't mean it's not massively helpful to mankind.
>>
File: Nigger Jews.jpg (98 KB, 493x375) Image search: [Google]
Nigger Jews.jpg
98 KB, 493x375
>>29633899
>>tfw when I go to harvard and got in without even trying
I wonder who could be behind this post.
>>
File: 1466136120081.jpg (61 KB, 855x508) Image search: [Google]
1466136120081.jpg
61 KB, 855x508
>>29632503
> says he's smart and all
> his knowledge ends at the 'I've read a few articles on Wiki' excuse
Really fuckers, don't say you're smart just because your IQ is slightly above the average.
>>
>>29637564

He was stretching the definition enough by including engineer. If physician is included then genius loses all meaning. Unless me want to include my Barber and that cute teen that makes my milkshake as geniuses too.
>>
>>29637620

Does it get exhausting making up there elaborate fantasies where smart people aren't really smart and just happened to read more than you? Just accept it. There's no reason you'll have a necessarily bad life for being low iq
>>
File: Anne-Frank-1-500x375c.jpg (32 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Anne-Frank-1-500x375c.jpg
32 KB, 500x375
>>29637684
I'm not stating smart people aren't smart, just saying that wannabees from r9k are in reality just full of shit and dumb arguments.
>>
It is a myth, people with ASD can be anywhere between mentally retarded to exceptionally intelligent. But what is common in autism is big discrepancy between verbal and non-verbal reasoning.
>>
>>29637660

Nah, studies have shown that physicians are second only to mathematicians in terms of average IQ.

>The American general aptitude test battery has information on average intelligence quotients (IQs) for 444 occupational groups, in which general practitioners (with an average IQ of 136) are beaten to the top only by mathematicians (mean IQ 143).

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/316/7134/S2-7134

And they only tested primary care doctors for that study, aka the dumbest physicians. If they had included specialists like surgeons, neurologists, radiologists, otolaryngologists, etc., then the physicians may have beaten the mathematicians.
>>
>>29637812
>>29636553
Meant to reply, original.
>>
>>29637720

What does that have to do with the thread though? We're talking about actually smart people, not dank ebin strawmans.
>>
>>29637660
How is engineering not respectable? It's taking pure maths and physics and making them practical in the real world.
>>
>>29637840

Shit, all it takes is an IQ of 136 to be a physician? That would almost be a half decent career if the schooling and work hours weren't so long.
>>
>>29637840
I strongly suspect this study is bullshit. Apparently they were testing them on things like manual dexterity in the IQ test. Have you met anyone doing real research in mathematics or theoretical physics? There is a huge difference
>>
>>29634011
mental problems being?
>>
File: OccsX.jpg (197 KB, 512x921) Image search: [Google]
OccsX.jpg
197 KB, 512x921
>>29638077
Look up any other study you want on the subject. They all show the same results. Physicians always come in first or second place for average IQ. It's been shown time and time again. There's no denying it.
>>
People have to find validation somehow OP. The people on this board have never experienced any appreciation for their existence ever. They feel that they need to either:
a) Make themselves the top person at least on this board
b) Make them feel as if they somehow deserve acceptance in society.
Some people do this by flaunting how they're a 6'2" lanklet, and how women love tall guys (even though they thenselves are KHV). Others do this by showing off their penis size and forcing us to feel excess pressure to have a big dick (even though anyone on here would never get the chance to show it to anyone anyway). Some resort to jelqing because they fell for the "big dick meme". Others try to show off how good they are at analysing shapes and shit (which seems the most fucking autistic thing ever), otherwise known as iq. They feel that it somehow makes them a genius because some test online told them so. Yet, despite all of this """""potential"""""""", they're still worthless husks of a human being. Whatever you gotta do I guess.
>>
>>29638155
Online "IQ tests" are not IQ tests.
>>
>>29632820
I'm 135 too and you're just a pathetic subhuman
>muh spooks
>>
>>29638171
Even if you take an actual iq test, what does it change?
You were a faggot. You are a faggot and you'll always be a faggot.
>>
>Talks about people's intelligence
>Uses Haley Williams as reaction image
>inb4 "I'm not emo"
>>
High IQ ain't worth shit. Intelligence itself is a dumb meme that needs to die out. Intelligence alone will get you nowhere. And you don't even need to have an average IQ to make it in life. So much character traits that are more important.
>>
>>29638187
Nothing changes, you just get to know where you place relative to other people.
>>
>>29637812
>actually calling ASD
>discrepancy between verbal and non verbal communication
Fuck me. Get off your high horse. Autismos are faggots who dont know how to interact socially. Some of them just happen to be quite smart
>>
>>29638224
Intelligence matters because intelligence and effort will always win.
>>
>>29638222
Thanks for the sauce. I was wondering who that was.
I now want this "Hayley Williams" to spit in my mouth
>>
>>29638234
>Person A: Hey there. I have finished college and have a good well paying job. I have a girlfriend and many friends. I happen to have an iq of around 110
>Person B: I'm an autistic NEET who lives in my parents basement with no friends, no career and I don't know how to communicate. But I have an autismo rating, also known as an iq of 169 so that makes me a le genius *tips fedora*

>Implying by any stretch of the imagination, with any mental gymnastics, that anyone will ever find Person B to be a better human being to Person A
>>
>>29638352
This. 100%

/thread
>>
>>29638293
What do you mean will always win? Win what?
>>
>>29638293
>intelligence + effort always wins.
Damn nigger. This gotta be bait right. Have you ever even stepped outside?
>>
>>29638352
What the fuck are you even talking about? How is you making up situations that never happen in real life relevant at all. It seems to me like you're either out for an argument or are shitposting.
>>
>>29638390
Is it actually possible to be this delusional? You're implying that between two people that put forth the same amount of effort, the less intelligent one wins. That makes absolutely no logical sense in the slightest.
>>
>>29632503
my IQ is about 65 I think
>>
>>29632503
>IQ as a measure of intelligence
Not even once.
Especially as most of these people are using online IQ tests.
>>
>>29638417
The person I was replying to said that you use iq to tell the relative place of people >implying that having a higher iq makes you a better person. My scenario refutes that.
>>
>>29638268
High horse? Please be more specific, thank you.
>>
>had friend in high school
>he carried a "smart" demeanor
>thought he was always the smartest fucker in the room
>bragged about his high IQ, always called others retarded
>struggled all through high school, had to drop down to the lower level classes, just about barely passed grade 12, didn't go to college
>also he was fat and hated women

this is what I assume all of the 4chan smarty pantses are like
>>
>>29638498
It doesn't imply that at all, it implies that you have a number associated with you that's larger than some people's numbers and lower than some people's numbers. Comparing people to determine who is the better person is extremely complicated and highly subjective.
>>
>>29638466
Im not saying the less intellient one wins. Im saying that the person with the higher iq wont necessarily win. In fact I would argue that it would be roughly 50-50. You dont need to have a high iq to be successful. You dont even need to put in much effort. Do I need to spell it out:
>Be born with good looks
>go to gym once a week
>apply to any job and get accepted
>have any roastie you want on here knees.
This isn't the only way to win, but it sure is the easiest.
>>
>>29638515
You probably aren't wrong. Part of the issue on 4chan these days is people who believe themselves masters of critical thinking forming half-baked opinions on race, women, or what-have-you.
>>
shitposting aside, its true. DONT DO THIS, you look like a greedy asshole and none likes the superiority complex
>>
>>29638561
My point is that it doesnt make any sense to compare autismo scores because it shows absolutely nothing about how good of a person you are or how smart you are.
>>
>>29638515
Bang on
>>
>>29638566
The issue here is the subjectivity of the term win.
>>29638611
It shows that you have more potential. IQ is the same as being tall, strong, or fast, it gives you an advantage at certain things. I agree that there's no reason to compare because it's something you had no control over, you just lucked into it. But it would be stupid to completely ignore it.
>>
>>29638578
>>29638641
I sympathize with people who are cripplingly shy but are smart and have a harder time with school just because of the social aspects... but high school was easy even for a dumbass like me... and even the most autistic people I knew went to university
>>
>>29638503
You seem very pretentious in your descriptions of autismos. A know-it-all
>>
>>29638681
If you found high school hard then you are actually retarded.
>>
God I used to think I was intelligent. That was a mistake.
>>
>>29632886
>You're not smart unless you're highly educated
someone literally just said this, and they were being serious. Let that sink in
>>
File: msart.png (263 KB, 1328x499) Image search: [Google]
msart.png
263 KB, 1328x499
i don't know if i have a high iq?

i'm homeless. i go on long diatribes about the global banking syndicates; student loans and war loans coming from the same banks. i also like to talk about roman catholicism.

i think i'm more crazy then anything.

pic is random sample of my homeless art
>>
>>29639038
Are you retarded? It's fucking true. If you think you're smart but have never read a book in your life, you're just a delusional idiot, no matter what your IQ score is. The person you referred to said that the education could be either from school or self-taught. He's right. IQ is worthless if you KNOW NOTHING.

You fucking imbecile.
>>
>>29639211
This. It's cringey and autistic as fuck to consider yourself "smart" if you don't know shit about how the world actually works. A dude who read hundreds of books is certainly smarter than a NEET with a """"""genius""""""" IQ who wastes his life fapping to hentai in his mom's basement. Knowledge >>>>> IQ
>>
>>29639122
but how are you shitposting?
>>
>>29639211
that isn't true. there have been numerous students correlating iq with symmetrical facial features and beauty.

anybody can acquire knowledge - especially if it's subject they're interested in. it's completely independent of iq.
>>
>>29639211
>>29639266

There is a word you are looking for called "ignorance". You can be highly intelligent and extremely ignorant.

>A dude who read hundreds of books is certainly smarter than a NEET with a """"""genius""""""" IQ who wastes his life fapping to hentai in his mom's basement.
Certainly better educated but not necessarily smarter.
>>
>>29639122
You're definitely retarded
>>
File: image.png (168 KB, 1353x552) Image search: [Google]
image.png
168 KB, 1353x552
>>29639285
from the library they have wifi here.

iq is the ability to solve problems and think originally about solutions.

i have found out from studies that iq correlates with physical beauty. i believe it too.
>>
>>29639266
that depends what kind of books he reads. If it's just novels he might as well be watching anime

if it's stuff like computer science, it might as well be novels if he's never going to do anything with it
>>
>>29639344
intelligent has nothing to do with being educated. at the homeless shelter i actually educate college students that volunteer there, and my personality is much MUCH more complex then them.

trust me you can't use education as a baseline for someone being 'smart'. although, a lot of smart people do inhabit universities.
>>
>>29639310
Not necessarily smarter, but almost certainly. You can't claim to be smart if you're totally ignorant of the actual workings of the world around you. If something needs to be fixed, I'd rather hire the guy who read a lot of books on how to fix it and knows how to do it versus the """""""genius"""""""" IQ autist who has no experience with or knowledge of the system. Sure, the high IQ guy may be able to figure it out, but probably not as fast as the guy who has done it before...and once you get to certain levels of complexity, the IQ level can't help you deduce the solution; you need to draw from a bank of prior knowledge. Knowledge beats IQ.
>>
>>29639122
the fact that it looks like a grade schooler drew it makes it funnier
>>
>>29639408
well it was drawn with the mousepad on my laptop out of boredom at the shelter.
>>
>>29638224

That's a stupid way of thinking. Is there anything that is good in a proverbial vacuum? Let's try money
>money ain't worth shit. Money itself is a dumb meme that needs to die out. Money alone will get you nowhere. And you don't even need to have an average money to make it in life. So much character traits that are more important.

The post was poorly constructed of course, but it remains just as stupid no matter what you plug in for IQ or money, and even if it were written better the underlying thought is still wrong, so you'd just me polishing a turd.
>>
>>29638498

It doesn't refute shit, the higher number is higher than the lower number. You got your ass kicked by your own strawman, that's gotta' be embarrassing.
>>
>>29638611

Its not supposed to do that, you fucking retard. At least read the Wikipedia article on IQ so you understand what it is we are talking about.
>>
>>29639266

That's not a fair comparison. A genius neet who spends all his time poring through difficult manuscripts and technical manuals is way smarter than some average IQ faggot who just watches family Guy and checks Facebook any time he's not pencil pushing at the office.
>>
>>29639757
at the end of the day, its doesnt matter, because I know I have a higher IQ than you.
>>
Well, I did get into the country's best STEM university with little to no effort, when there's people paying preparations for the exams 6 months before...
>>
>>29639906
MIT or Caltech?
>>
The average brain is flexible enough to make us "smart" about most things we specialize into, this factor is more important than anything else for things like Chess, sports, music, but it doesn't "extend" to other things.

They've made studies about it, the "experts" have no difference in raw abilities when compared with the "amateurs", for example they have the same working memory, except when it comes to their specialization.

However that's not what irks me with the topic of high IQ. I went to high IQ forums at a time when I was searching for new methods of learning.
I found nothing. They all say the same shit: high IQ learn "differently", "better", etc. but that's all there's to it. For all those stories of learning differently, they don't have an example to show for it.
>>
>>29639906
hey i was posting earlier about banking syndicates and student loans. is it true that the student loan system is a multi billionaire dollar industry? also some of the worlds finance that is tied to loaning student loans, has also been involved in wars.

i'm glad you're doing some stuff. joe biden said there's no communication among cancer researchers so if you go into that community you should really try to establish a more unified network.

what is it likebeing smart?

do you think people with intellectual disability should be allowed to breed? (many homeless folks have this)
>>
>>29639979
Wrong country
>>
>>29640012
Student loans? Not my problem, free education here.
I'm not really smart, I just learn fast.
And yes, stupid people should wear condoms.
>>
>>29639906

Is it wise to come here?

> Win at life, comes to the losers' corner of the internet
>>
>>29640093
Probably not. But I've got nothing better to do anyway.
>>
>>29639868

That's not how it works, this isn't like golf. The higher number is better and means a higher IQ.
>>
File: Kek2damAx.jpg (96 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
Kek2damAx.jpg
96 KB, 800x437
>>29632503
>He takes what strangers on a Chinese Cartoon discussion Forum seriously
lmaoing@u tbhfam
>>
>>29640406
good one champ. truth is, this thread is humorous to me, all of these insignificant, small minds bickering about useless information. Your just one of those horse pieces in a game of checkers
>>
>>29640004

You must not have read closely enough. By different they mean those with high IQ can learn equally well from nearly any method, those with lower IQ struggle and should find their preferred learning style so they can keep up. That's all there is to it when it comes to learning. Effectively higher IQ individuals learn faster, but for your purposes it can be better thought of as flexibility. I like reading but whatever your preferred method is I think the system used is key. Use pomodoro and spaced repetition principles in your system.

It doesn't matter how fast or far you're going if you don't know where or why.
>>
>>29640470
Clearly, you've never played checkers if you think a single piece is useless
>>
File: b29.jpg (13 KB, 200x311) Image search: [Google]
b29.jpg
13 KB, 200x311
>>29640470
Huurrpumdaaa
>>
>>29639659
Nigga you dumb?
>money ain't worth shit.
k..
>>
>>29640565
>>29640596
those (you)'s DDD;
>>
File: 1466890647414.png (144 KB, 275x289) Image search: [Google]
1466890647414.png
144 KB, 275x289
>tfw smart and lazy
that's right normies I said it I'm smart and lazy get upset.
>y-you can't be smart where is your student debt and sociology degree
lol
>>
>>29632550
This guy I knew from college used to tell people he had a really high IQ like every single conversation he'd find a way to work it in btw the test was on a Facebook page
>>
>>29640703

What can money do on its own? It's as useless as IQ, cheetos, and penis length.
>>
>>29632567
That gave me a sensible chuckle. See, guys? This is how subtlety works.
>>
>>29640832
Oh boy this gotta be bait.
>>
File: 1466539217800-a.png (404 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1466539217800-a.png
404 KB, 853x480
>>29633061
At least this cancerous fool is learning how to treat himself. I'll give him that.
>>
>>29633623
It's actually true that people who are too intelligent tend to be unable to realize their potential. They wear their minds out, have trouble communicating, or spend so much time thinking about the world and their place in it that they enter a death spiral of depression. It's a fate I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

But at the same time, that particular condition is even more rare than the genius-level intelligence it requires. For most people here, your explanation is probably true.
>>
>>29640936

Not bait. Care to offer an example of how money has a use outside of being money?
>>
>>29640999

His explanation is a strawman he valiantly slays to protect his ego. He hates that people are better than him without trying so he makes up the most ridiculous scenarios where he is somehow not the loser.
>>
I write essays;

>http://freetexthost.com/xr0alni1rd
>Alchemical Diamond bodies

>http://freetexthost.com/k6pbnqohhm
>Universe creation

>http://freetexthost.com/pvk1bh2tq3
>The Mathematics of Soma body mechanics

>http://freetexthost.com/uxjrfxfytp
>Quantum State transfer

>http://freetexthost.com/cvi4kku6aq
>Soma and Buddhism
>>
>>29641063
What kind of dumb fucking question is that?
>how does a car have a use outside of being a car?
>how has a house a use outside of being a house?
>how can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't?
>>
>>29641101
>better than him
That's subjective. I took an IQ test, watched over by someone specialized in human cognitive function, and scored 156. But I'm a 22-year-old kissless virgin, basically a college dropout at this point, living in my parents' attic, playing video games and jacking off all day.

Am I 'better' than the guy next door, who barely made it through high school and doesn't get fancy words, but earns decent money as a skilled tradesman, has a heap of friends and has a wife and two sons? He is richer, happier and more accomplished than I am.
>>
>>29641063
You can use money as a form of fire starter or even clothing
>>
File: nepal4.jpg (91 KB, 746x295) Image search: [Google]
nepal4.jpg
91 KB, 746x295
.>>29641357
>You can use money as a form of fire starter

It's only a good idea if the money is rupi though.
>>
>>29641159

The same kind as >how does iq have a use outside of being a iq?
>>
>>29641357
That's using it as firestarter or clothing though.
>>29641398
I thought rupee is Zelda money
>>
>>29632698
woosh

behold the power of autism
>>
>>29641203

Yes, you're better than him in iq. It's a shame you are unhappy but the fact is you'd be even worse off if your iq were lower.
>>
>>29641534
Perhaps. But then, I am what I am, picking and choosing was never an option. I was born frail, socially retarded and too intelligent for my own good.

But then, what real-world value does IQ have above or below a certain threshold?
>>
>>29640470
checkers dont have horses, its chess your talking about
>>
>>29641466
Got me there buddy.
2iq4me
>>
>>29633061
>>29632503
>anon thinks you need to go to school to be educated to be successful/considered a genius

not even good bait, please leave this board now.
>>
>>29632503

I worked with a guy like this. He's going for an engineering degree, so in his mind, that automatically makes him the smartest guy on earth. Literally everything he says eventually gets twisted into how he's so smart and everyone else is retarded.

We were in the break room one time and a bag of chips got stuck while he was using the vending machine. So, he starts tipping the machine towards himself like an idiot. I tried to tell him that he shouldn't do that, and that people get crushed by vending machines when they do stupid shit like that. He then goes off on how he worked out an equation in his head for how far exactly he would be able to tip it safely and still get his chips. I would have argued with him, but he can't ever accept being wrong, so hopefully he gets crushed by a vending machine someday.
>>
>>29632503
Intelligent people are naturally attracted to things like science, math and philosophy. The study those because they like them, not because they're responsible or want to show off their intelligence. If someone spends his time watching anime he's clearly not intelligent.
>>
>>29641638
top kek, i genuinely feel sorry for you that you have to deal with his existence. any more stories anon?
>>
>>29640999
I feel like I'm in that pattern, even if it's incredibly presumptuous for me to say that. I used to be quite successful with little effort, but things have reached a point where whenever I manage to go a little bit in the right direction, I come crashing back down to reality hard, and it leaves me no longer even wanting success. I completely understand what steps I could take to most likely improve my life, but it just doesn't seem worthwhile.
>>
>>29641638

Only old ladies get crushed by them. Anyone who's seen a barbell can either get out of the way or just lift it off them. I get my shit shuck too and I know exactly how much to move it to get my food. Usually I'm pissed though and it provides a little bit of relief to my beast urges to whomp on it. Either way I get my snack and never get hurt.
>>
>>29641691

Well, I don't have to anymore thankfully. I quit my job a few months back. I was the manager over a couple of employees. The "genius" I was just talking about, and some other equally retarded guy. They both hated each other, too, and I had to hear both sides complain about each other constantly.

So, we were unloading a grocery truck for my department one night, and the brilliant mind who I was so lucky to have working for me, was hauling ass with these super heavy pallets of dairy coming out of the truck. I'll mention that it's pretty dangerous because coming out of the truck, you have to turn a sharp corner pretty much immediately. So I see him do this the first time and let it go because maybe he just accidentally built up too much speed. It happens. But the second time, the pallet damn near falls over onto the truck driver who was standing nearby not paying attention. So, I'm like "dude, slow down you almost tipped it." He then stops and starts telling me that he has it under control and that he "calculated the speed of the pallet so that he could go as fast as possible without tipping it over." So i'm like "well, can you slow down anyway? It'd just give me a little peace of mind." Fucker just pulls the pallet to the cooler without answering me. Next thing I know, he's pulling a super heavy pallet of juice and coffee creamer at breakneck speed, pulls it around the corner and the entire thing topples over. Juice and creamer all over the floor. Thankfully the truck driver wasn't in the way this time. He not only had to clean all of it up, but he also got written up because I fucking warned him.
>>
>>29641665

Intelligence is not defined by hobbies. There are geniuses who collect stamps, spot trains, watch anime, or collect soil samples. None of those activities affect your IQ.
>>
>>29633747
Funnily enough, all the retards on this board claiming to have an IQ also happen to be lazy slobs who have and will never do anything with their lives.They have no success to speak of and choose to hide behind this imaginary number used to "quantify intelligence" instead of actually doing something with their lives. If you sit on this board all day and claim to have a high IQ, maybe your "laziness" isn't whats holding you back. Maybe its the fact that you're not as smart as you think you are, and are too afraid to see if you can actually accomplish anything in your life.
>>
>>29641500
>I thought rupee is Zelda money

It has pretty much the same value.
>>
>arm chair geniuses calling out arm chair geniuses
great thread
>>
Many people are too intelligent for human communication or contact, but in reality they are still always smarter than you.
>>
>>29643391

Everyone has an IQ though. Mine is extremely high and I'm very successful. Have you tried net being a small dicked loser? You might be less mad that way.
>>
>>29642730

Is it possible that they have "overexcitabilities", though? Some people seem bored to death by maths and philosophy, maybe other people are wired differently and able to find everything interesting, hence becoming overachievers as they go from one passion to another.

> Source is my ass, though.
>>
have honours degree and still live with mum

send help
>>
>>29632503

Just got my bachies OP. I'm a certified genius now.
>>
>>29643522

Brainlets always get triggered when they see a smarter person. Then they want e up elaborate scenarios where being smart doesn't really mean smart. It's kind of sad.
>>
>so smart he can't firgure out how to get pussy
>>
>>29632519
>>29632503
stop projecting, literally nobody on this board does this, you stupid tumblrites
>>
>>29633240
>>29633061
you sound like real fucking dweeb bro
>>
>>29634014
>You lack perspective
>Is on /r9k/
WEWLAD
EWLADW
WLADWE
LADWEW
ADWEWL
DWEWLA
WEWLAD
>>
>>29634057
>Her only accomplishment was marrying me
>Having this much ego
REEEEEE
>>
>>29635751
>crippling object-oriented programming
>>
I've just been called pretentious for no reason. FUCKING BRAINLETS.
>>
>>29638187
>Even if you take an actual iq test, what does it change?
Well, then you get to see your actual IQ. And it's probably 102, you fucking leech.
>>
>>29635751
>crippling depression
>clearly isn't crippled at all by his depression

Fuck off, you're acting like those normie memesters on facebook.
>>
>130 iq
>complete loser
Everything in order lads.
>>
File: 1461962403820.jpg (94 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1461962403820.jpg
94 KB, 601x508
>>29638155
>JFMSUF

Can't even be original
>>
File: images (24).jpg (16 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images (24).jpg
16 KB, 443x332
>>29632503
THIS IS NOW A HAYLEY WILLIAMS THREAD
>>
>>29632503
We are all in this together. We are all on r9k after all

Judging a man by his employment is incredibly shallow

A lot people don't feel the need to pander to societies idea of an intellectual especially such disenfranchised people like the people who frequent this board
>>
>>29640734
This.

Like it's utterly impossible for someone to be legitimately intelligently and still be a NEET.

Especially when there's a high correlation between intelligence and depression. Plenty of smart people are messed up emotionally. Pretty natural to just retreat to a safe space because you can't deal with the world at large. ;_;
>>
>>29649325
>Especially when there's a high correlation between intelligence and depression

Source?

Also, the point of the whole smart and lazy meme being dumb is that you're essentially boasting about wasted potential. If you don't actually know much more than the average person, you're not any smarter than them, you just have the potential to be so eventually.

Like having a great vertical or something doesn't make you a great athlete, or even a good one, just means you probably could be pretty good if you were willing to work for it.

Most NEET's here are just 18 or so year olds who haven't gone to college, either, they're not so messed up they can't work or anything, they graduated fine, and as such aren't considered disabled. If you're not bad enough to get disability for your illnesses, you shouldn't use them as a reason for why you're so disabled.
>>
>>29649421
>Source?
http://www.medicaldaily.com/why-smarter-people-are-more-likely-be-mentally-ill-270039

>Most NEET's here are just 18 or so year olds who haven't gone to college, either, they're not so messed up they can't work or anything, they graduated fine, and as such aren't considered disabled. If you're not bad enough to get disability for your illnesses, you shouldn't use them as a reason for why you're so disabled.
Disability can be exploited and even then, I'm pretty sure most people here are legitimately fucked up. In general, you don't spend hours of your life interacting on internet communities without having a least a little bit something wrong with you in most cases.
>>
>>29649500
>http://www.medicaldaily.com/why-smarter-people-are-more-likely-be-mentally-ill-270039

Thanks, but this talks purely about bipolar disorder, which isn't particularly common anyway, and isn't debilitating usually. Bipolar Type II can be handled relatively easily even without medication, and the medication is quite effective.

I wouldn't particularly say that most people here have that particular disorder, or that it's even that common.

>Disability can be exploited and even then, I'm pretty sure most people here are legitimately fucked up.

Disability being exploited doesn't change that if you can't get it, you aren't disabled.

And most people here, as I said, are just young people that don't know what to do with life, or are unpopular in college. Some have issues because of stuff, but it's still very rare for someone to be rendered completely incapable of working because of their illnesses, even here.

>In general, you don't spend hours of your life interacting on internet communities without having a least a little bit something wrong with you in most cases.

I disagree, most normies spend hours browsing facebook mindlessly, browsing here isn't any different to that. 4chan being less popular doesn't mean you're unwell because you use it regularly, and it's not even that niche, it's still in the top 1000 websites browsed all up.
>>
File: 1441628093834.png (134 KB, 800x778) Image search: [Google]
1441628093834.png
134 KB, 800x778
>>29632503
>plays a guitar
>calls himself a genius
>pretends he has high IQ
>>
File: FB_IMG_14663831400889837.jpg (152 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_14663831400889837.jpg
152 KB, 480x480
>Tfw lazy and retarded
>>
>>29632718
>is supposedly a genius
>is an average poster of this board
>fucking fares tellikg others theyre jelly
kek
>>
>>29649619
>Thanks, but this talks purely about bipolar disorder
Try:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ending-addiction-good/201503/is-there-link-between-intelligence-and-mental-illness

I should've specified mental illness instead of just depression.

>Disability being exploited doesn't change that if you can't get it, you aren't disabled.
I'm sure there are tons of cases of being legitimately needing it and being denied it anyway.
>Some have issues because of stuff, but it's still very rare for someone to be rendered completely incapable of working because of their illnesses, even here.
Most of them still probably have some severe psychological problems that would need a lot of therapy and maybe some medication to deal with though.

>I disagree, most normies spend hours browsing facebook mindlessly, browsing here isn't any different to that. 4chan being less popular doesn't mean you're unwell because you use it regularly, and it's not even that niche, it's still in the top 1000 websites browsed all up.
Facebook isn't even remotely the same thing as 4chan. Anonymous message boards are a different beast from social media altogether. 4chan really is that much niche than FB, which is telling since it still does pull millions of browsers every day. But this isn't even just about 4chan, it's about all sorts of other internet communities. Try something like wizardchan, Gamefaqs, Reddit, plenty of other niche communities, etc. You probably don't spend hours of your time browsing that shit unless you have at least some problems. Browsing internet communities is by itself a pretty introverted practice. Even if you're talking to someone else online, it's not the same as actually going out and interacting with people.
>>
I have 130 IQ

from online tests
>>
My brain decided at a young age that the only way to win, is not to play.

Google DeepMind trained an artificial intelligence to beat an impossible videogame using only the pixel data as input and it made the same decision.

My mind is literally as capable as that of a multibillion dollar effort to create a mind that runs on silicon. Let that sink in for a moment
>>
>>29649717
>I should've specified mental illness instead of just depression.

It's the same here again though, that link just says there's a link between intelligence and bipolar again. But I get your point, and I don't mean to imply that intelligent people can't have mental illnesses, they definitely can.

>I'm sure there are tons of cases of being legitimately needing it and being denied it anyway.

Absolutely, but generally speaking, people who are so bad that they actually are incapable of doing regular work or education full time, get disability.

>Most of them still probably have some severe psychological problems that would need a lot of therapy and maybe some medication to deal with though.

I'd disagree that it's severe. Severe has to actually impact your life severely, your functioning has to be drastically reduced. Having some issues socialising because of anxiety isn't a severe disability. Some likely need some treatment, but that's not proof you can't work or study, most people in therapy also do one of those things.

>Facebook isn't even remotely the same thing as 4chan

Both are internet communities.

>4chan really is that much niche than FB, which is telling since it still does pull millions of browsers every day.

Doesn't mean that 4chan is niche though anon. And my point was that both are internet communities people spend hours on every day, you don't need to be mentally ill to do that. Not about how many people browse them, just that the actual behaviour itself isn't indicative of mental illness, you can do it and be a functioning person.

Even on Wizchan, most people there hold jobs, the wageslave threads are the only ones that regularly reach a few hundred replies before dying. NEET's are more common there, but still not most people.
>>
>>29649888
>Having some issues socialising because of anxiety isn't a severe disability. Some likely need some treatment, but that's not proof you can't work or study, most people in therapy also do one of those things.
It's not just socializing though. It's also crippling self-esteem issues, general anxiety, being overly emotional, to the point where it's incredibly difficult to control your actions.

I'd also that argue that if you genuinely have issues socializing and connecting to people, that can be pretty severe too.

>Both are internet communities.
Facebook is not an internet community the same way 4chan is. Fuck off, the two aren't even remotely the same. One is an internet platform in which people can add others they know IRL, share pictures of themselves, create statuses, and share internet memes that have already been filtered through so many other sites already. FB has been integrated into most people's daily lives by this point. Most people probably do not spend hours of their lives every day on FB either, it's more of a casual thing.

The other is an anonymous image board that's more underground and out of the mainstream, that's more of an outlet for people's frustrations and for whom, more intelligent debate takes place. Not even really the same thing.

>Doesn't mean that 4chan is niche though anon. And my point was that both are internet communities people spend hours on every day, you don't need to be mentally ill to do that. Not about how many people browse them, just that the actual behaviour itself isn't indicative of mental illness, you can do it and be a functioning person.
Yet spending so much time on an internet message board probably makes someone more likely to be mentally ill anyway. Because most socially well-adjusted people are NOT spending so much time on the internet. Most people who have personality disorders and such are more likely to withdraw to the internet, vent their frustrations there, and so on.
>>
>>29650072
>crippling self-esteem issues

Your issues aren't crippling if they don't cripple you. Crippling self esteem is like getting incredibly emotional over even minor things that threaten it, like someone who's got severe BDD, not just someone who thinks they're a failure because they haven't accomplished anything.

>general anxiety

Only really applies to socialising for most robots.

>being overly emotional, to the point where it's incredibly difficult to control your actions.

You mean like normal people? Everyone gets emotional and is somewhat controlled by their emotions.

>I'd also that argue that if you genuinely have issues socializing and connecting to people, that can be pretty severe too.

Severe issues connecting to people and socialising is like what we see in autistic patients. Not high functioning autism either.

>Facebook is not an internet community the same way 4chan is. Fuck off, the two aren't even remotely the same.

You're drawing an arbitrary distinction. Your point was that using online forums or communities regularly makes you ill. I pointed out that normies do this via facebook, mostly every day, and are fine. Then you just sperged out about how it's totally not the same because they're different websites and facebook is for socialising, as if you can't share photos of yourself and create posts on 4chan, or see memes that aren't originally from here. The only difference really is that there's no accounts here, and the layout, obviously.

>The other is an anonymous image board that's more underground and out of the mainstream

You're delusional. 4chan is not a secret club. It's one of the most popular websites on the internet.

cont
>>
>>29650160
>Yet spending so much time on an internet message board probably makes someone more likely to be mentally ill anyway. Because most socially well-adjusted people are NOT spending so much time on the internet.

They literally are. What do you think they're doing when they sit on their phone? They're just scrolling their newsfeed.

>Most people who have personality disorders and such are more likely to withdraw to the internet, vent their frustrations there, and so on

No, most people with personality disorders and such are pretty social really, they're not withdrawing to the internet. Their issues usually are that they have maladaptive social behaviours, not that they don't socialise at all. There's more to it, obviously, but for the social component I mean.
>>
>>29650160
>Your issues aren't crippling if they don't cripple you. Crippling self esteem is like getting incredibly emotional over even minor things that threaten it, like someone who's got severe BDD,
And what makes you think there are people here who don't?
>You mean like normal people? Everyone gets emotional and is somewhat controlled by their emotions.
What part of 'overly' did you not understand?
>Severe issues connecting to people and socialising is like what we see in autistic patients. Not high functioning autism either.
Maybe there are lots of genuinely autistic people here.
>You're drawing an arbitrary distinction. Your point was that using online forums or communities regularly makes you ill.
Actually my point was that anyone using online forums was more likely to be mentally ill, not that it caused it.
>I pointed out that normies do this via facebook, mostly every day, and are fine. Then you just sperged out about how it's totally not the same because they're different websites and facebook is for socialising,
That's because they AREN'T the same, you fucking dipshit. Their intended purposes are not one and the same. 4chan was made so that college classmates could friend each other online and keep in touch with one another. 4chan was made so that people could talk about anime and grew from there. Aside from /soc/, the two aren't even remotely the same.
>>
>>29650167
>They literally are. What do you think they're doing when they sit on their phone? They're just scrolling their newsfeed.
Not the same thing. You are literally a faggot who thinks that some normie scrolling on their phone while eating fastfood out with their friends is the same as some isolated nerd typing out on their computer on niche websites.
>No, most people with personality disorders and such are pretty social really, they're not withdrawing to the internet. Their issues usually are that they have maladaptive social behaviours, not that they don't socialise at all. There's more to it, obviously, but for the social component I mean.
It depends entirely on the personality disorder. And mental disorders like that make it harder to interact with people period. And if they're not withdrawing to the internet, they're probably withdrawing somewhere else.
>>
>>29650244
>And what makes you think there are people here who don't?

What makes you think I thought that? Obviously some people here are crippled by their issues. But it's still very, very few compared to the amount that browse.

>What part of 'overly' did you not understand?

The part where you defined what it means.

>Maybe there are lots of genuinely autistic people here.

If you think that, you clearly have no idea what autism actually is. A good amount can't even talk, let alone string together a proper sentence or hold a conversation.

>Actually my point was that anyone using online forums was more likely to be mentally ill, not that it caused it.

You're being pedantic, it's clear I knew that, me wording it as "Doing this makes you ill" which could be construed as two things doesn't mean I didn't realise that, my entire point was on topic.

>That's because they AREN'T the same, you fucking dipshit. Their intended purposes are not one and the same.

Neither are different boards here, a different topic or intent doesn't change what something is. A 4wd is still a car, for example, despite it not being a sedan.

>You are literally a faggot who thinks that some normie scrolling on their phone while eating fastfood out with their friends is the same as some isolated nerd typing out on their computer on niche websites.

Adding on extra specifiers means it's not actually the forum browsing that's the factor at hand. A normie sitting on his computer on a popular website for hours isn't a different activity to a less normie person sitting on a less popular (it's not niche, I'll repeat myself, it's in the top 1000 most popular websites anywhere in the world) website for hours.

>It depends entirely on the personality disorder.

Only one that really causes withdrawal are avoidant. Schizoid too, but for different reasons, and it's regularly argued it shouldn't be a disorder as it causes no distress.

cont
>>
>>29650314
>mental disorders like that make it harder to interact with people period.

Sure, but that doesn't mean they don't socialise or have friends. Even Elliot had friends, and he had very severe personality disorders.

>And if they're not withdrawing to the internet, they're probably withdrawing somewhere else.

Some withdraw to drug abuse or into their own heads, but they still socialise.
Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.