[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Large social event that I am forced to attend this weekend.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 3290590235.jpg (405 KB, 1083x634) Image search: [Google]
3290590235.jpg
405 KB, 1083x634
Large social event that I am forced to attend this weekend.

How do I avoid giving off a 28 year old, no friends, no hobbies, kissless virgin, NEET shut-in vibe?
>>
>>29631189
fucking kek @ that pic
I feel for the manlets
>>
how are you forced to attend?
>>
>>29631189

Just b urself bro. :^)

lelopelskuil
>>
>>29631216
She's just a materialistic slut. Who cares what she thinks. 5'8 here and no one gives two sweet fucks
>>
>>29631225
Mommy and Daddy will be extremely upset if I don't attend. Sister is getting married.
>>
Get shitfaced immediately and then blame any strange behavior on being drunk.
>>
take some xanax
>>
>>29631238
>not attendinng your own sisters wedding
You robots truly are the lowest of low. Don't be a cunt. She's your sister you fuckwit.
>>
>>29631189
Leave your Nintendo 3DS at home. If forced into conversations, steer them away from your personal life.
>>
>>29631189
The biggest virgin/loser tell is body language.
If you stand up straight, walk around with hands OUTSIDE pockets without shuffling and look people in the eye the worst they'll think about you is that you're eccentric.
>>
>>29631238
Ah okay.

Go. I know you don't want to, but go. Suck it up for a few hours. Weddings are easy as fuck before the reception.

First hour or so is at a church where you're expected to sit down and shut the fuck up. You then follow to wherever the reception is. You can hide somewhere if the venue is big enough, trust me, nobody will notice because 100% of the attention will be on your sister that day. Eventually dinner, some speeches, where again you're expected to sit down and shut the fuck up.

After a few hours go home. Say you're feeling a bit off. You'll get huge points for being there in the first place.
>>
>>29631253
You're looking way too far into it. He could easily just be drunk and spacing out unaware that he was being photographed.
>>
>>29631253
>And then give them a firm hand shake, look at them in the eyes and they will give you the job
>>
>>29631268
The reception is literally the best part. I went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing as fuck. Free drinks, free food, people everywhere to talk to, catching up with old friends, corny family speeches, dancing to music etc.

It's like one big amazing party.
>>
>>29631238
Don't worry about coming across as a sperg and aim to eat food you usually don't eat and drink free stuff.
>>
>>29631189
your anxiety and fear comes from seeing yourself as an all important, centre of the universe individual.

the lack of purpose in your life is what leaves you reeling. but in fact, you do have a purpose at this event.. to help your sister, guests and family have a good time. so go early and help with the set up, get drinks for people, talk to those who look bored and pretend to be interested, offer to introduce people, maybe even offer to dance with a lonely looking girl - not for you, for her.

stop comparing yourself to other people and just do your damn job you utter faggot. how can you be 28 and still this entrenched in social anxiety? oh, because all you ever think about is yourself. your sister is getting married and all you're thinking is "what will the guests think of ME?"

this shift in how you see yourself, your role and others will help your anxiety because you'll become part of a whole, with a purpose.. not some loser faggot sitting on the outside imagining his reputation is the #1 priority in the universe.. and this shift will change your thinking from interior to exterior, which means you can't be thinking about yourself, when you're thinking of others.
>>
>younger sister got married
>be heartless bastard my entire life showing zero emotion
>parents knew I didnt want to be there
>never really spoke to my sister in years
>didn't really care or have any feelings at all about it
>almost burst out crying when sister walked down the isle during the ceremony
>never in my life have i tried so hard to hold back tears

what came over me?
>>
>>29631371
it finally hit you how time is moving and people change
>>
>>29631353
that bit about how reliance on other people's perceptions of himself is alright, but that doesn't mean he needs to care about others at all tbqh. freeing yourself from attachments to others in any form is good enough. when that anxiety goes, that's good enough.
>>
>>29631353
This is the dumbest thing I've read this whole week.
>>
>>29631371
You actually love your sister and that's a normal emotion. Weddings are a beautiful, emotional journey.
>>
how are you forced to attend? just say you are ill or something, dumbass.
>>
>>29631445
>not attending your on sisters wedding when you have no excuse
Not only is it spiteful, it's basically spitting in your own sisters face and saying fuck you I want to make this about me.
>>
>>29631371
Touching story
>>
>>29631371
you're a pussy. you were just hiding your true emotions all this time.

jesus, what a pussy.
>>
>>29631398
nice points, i appreciate a valid discussion unlike this guy >>29631420

> that doesn't mean he needs to care about others at all tbqh
agreed. he doesn't "need" to do anything. but i think this is what will bring most of the results. if a robot wants to change he has to change his thinking and beliefs. at a deep level i think most depression and anxiety is from having no purpose in life, and having no solid worldview or convictions. a lot of people probably reach the conclusion of nihilism.. that all value judgements, purpose, rules.. are just subjective human ideas and mean nothing.. this sets us up to create our own though, through basic observance of the real world, from a blank slate. it doesn't get simpler than knowing you like to feel good, and when someone does a good thing for you, you can feel a real boost in your mood, maybe even changing your entire day.. thats really all the meaning you need, because you know through simple, possible actions you are having a tangible effect on the world around you, a purpose.

modern society trains us into a very individualistic mode of thought which is just to consume and preserve ourselves.. but this is paradoxical, because we're aware of death, so that goal is pointless. we need ideas outside of ourself, so we can accept our death. we want to feel we are working toward a purpose.

applied to a smaller scale: if anon accepts he has a place in this wedding, that he can do some tangible good and it is his purpose (who else will do it?), it no longer matters if people know he is a virgin, because his self preservation is not the aim - helping others is. and ironically, he will get more pleasure from this, and if he spent the entire wedding chasing his own banal, empty desires. he will appear to others as a person of value, respect, confidence, purpose.. which 90% of the sheep (yeh i said it) there won't have, far moreso than if he was "attempting to appear confident" (to what aim?).
>>
>>29631676
There no need to have points, you have no fucking clue of what you are talking about and it's clear as the sky, you don't even have an argument because you have no basis for it.

You are literally talking out of your ass.
>>
>>29631801
why didn't you refute some of my points then, instead of ending the discussion and throwing your rattle out the pram? pretty childish, i honestly dont even know why you're mad, maybe i said something that threatened your worldview, no idea..
>>
I fucking hate facebook posts like this "So funny HAHAHAHA". Your humour is shit and you should feel shit
>>
>>29631371
fucking homosexual
>>
>>29631248
get out u fucking normie scum
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.