[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /medfag/ here? I'm starting med school in 2 months,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 259x194
Who /medfag/ here?

I'm starting med school in 2 months, and I'm anxious since I'm a cyborg. It seems like 95% of my class is Chads, Stacies, and normies...I'm only doing this for the money by the way
>>
It's probably more than 95%.
>>
Besides the money the main reason i'm doing it is so I don't have to work 9 to 5 everyday. I can do a few 12 hour shifts and the occasional weekend. the free days will still give me time for my hobbies
>>
>>29631182

What specialty are you gonna go into? I was under the impression that only Emergency Medicine and Urgent Care docs can work part-time like that.
>>
File: 1309846768693.jpg (262 KB, 673x660) Image search: [Google]
1309846768693.jpg
262 KB, 673x660
>med school
>have to study 18 hour days
>have to compete with the brightest in the nation, on a curve
>have to complete years of residency after
>have to test for license after, where 30% of you are filtered out before the finish line
>even after you finish, you find yourself in a saturated field competing against Wongs and Pajeets
>after getting a job, STILL have to make up the hundreds of thousands of dollars you've put in med school
Doesn't sound very appealing nowadays. I'm sure I missed a lot of stuff too, as this was only what I could remember from what my doctor friend told me.
>>
>>29631313
Don't forget

>residency is 80+ hour work weeks of hell
>even after residency, you can expect to work 60 hours per week on average
>relicensure exams every 10 years or else you lose your job
>constant risk of getting sued by patients
>most patients are ungrateful fucks
>have to deal with disgusting piss, shit, and blood
>decreasing reimbursements
>jobs getting taken by nurses, overseas pajeets, and computers
>>
>>29631906
>overseas pajeets
Teledoctoring is going to be very big in the US thanks to how expensive everything there is.

Part of the Obamacare thing was to try to get people to stay within the US for their healthcare needs, but since it's still so expensive for most people (high copays/coinsurance), there's a big chance the poor would rather skype Dr. Pajeet for $10 anyways.

I feel sorry for the new generation of doctors. They have to learn more than their predecessors, get tested harder, and end up with less jobs since most of these older/more experienced doctors will be able to stay in the field until their 80s.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.