[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to be successful in life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1441106945968.jpg (103 KB, 651x960) Image search: [Google]
1441106945968.jpg
103 KB, 651x960
ITT discuss correcting our dysfunctional lives, so that we can become successful and happy men who are a benefit to this civilization.
>>
>>29630444
We all know what's holding us back, and we're too lazy to do anything about it.
>>
>>29630465
>We all know what's holding us back
What's that in your case?

>We're too lazy
Why?
>>
File: burself2.jpg (13 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
burself2.jpg
13 KB, 229x220
>>29630444
Jus beeee yurself bruv.
>>
>>29630465
I'm willing to do something.

Too bad there is no cure for autism
>>
>>29630532
If changing yourself makes you happier and richer, where's the problem?

Forget about your feelings, teach yourself how to work and pursue goals instead.
>>
>>29630549
Chances are very slim that you have a legitimately biological mental dysfunction. It's much more likely that your issues are entirely psychological.

Seek to understand why you let yourself fail when you're capable of better. Understanding is the first step, and the least important. Once you understand the basic gist of it, then start retraining yourself with better mental and behavioral habits.

Life is hard, and it sucks. Unless you're born into money, the only way out is to work your ass off and make the best of it. You live in a first world country. Use the opportunities you've been given.
>>
>>29630555
Cuz youre not yourself. A change of your mind takes alot of time and maybe you wont even be happier after the transformation.
>>
>How to be successful in life

literally just do things. Instead of sitting around not doing things, do things. Most of us know exactly what needs to be done, or what could be done, we just don't do it.

>work out
>socialize until you become good at it
>go into what ever career is in demand and pays well in your environment

That's literally what it takes to be successful. "It's too hard" or "I don't want to" are all that stops robots, not a lack of opportunity.
>>
>>29630883
Yeah because robots dont want to be bloody slaves. These things are cool if you like them, but if not you dun goofd.
>>
>>29631130
>don't want to be a slave
>literally trapped where you are because no money to move, buy anything you want, or do anything

oh to be young again.

My list was to be successful. If your idea of success is to be unemployed or at a dead end job and renting out a basement suite then I'm sure you don't need a thread on how to achieve this
>>
>>29631297
It aint my fucking thread.
>>
File: 1466313029472.png (726 KB, 774x547) Image search: [Google]
1466313029472.png
726 KB, 774x547
>>29630444
Be charismatic

My little brother is charismatic and has built up a huge network of contacts, so even if he fails in one endeavor, which he has, he can just call up 'a buddy of his', get a job and pretty much recoup his losses

If you know how to network, it's not difficult to get your foot in the door for any job
>>
>>29632111
This, even if you're the biggest piece of shit that there is, all you need to do is be charimastic (and attractive, but these two could be synonyms desu) and people will always be drawn to you

the game is rigged
>>
>>29632251
>implying Charisma isn't a stat you can level up
>>
Obesity
>310lbs at 6'
>Exercising 2-3 times a week now
>Building up cardio and workout days.
>Learning to cook

Back pain
>Core specific strengthen back and abs, also will be seeking physical therapy soon.
>Doing mobility work every day
>Most likely caused by obesity

Autism
>Making a fake persona to hide all the pain and rage inside from normies. Still needs work.
>No interest in being around to socializing and networking with other people
>Caused by social isolation for 2 years(Since HS grad). Highschool friends moving on, leaving me and shit.

No direction in life
>No interest in school (See Autism) - cba to pay student debts and no particular major I want to pursue
>Will try joining the military once I am /fit/.
>What happens after that is unknown.
>>
>>29632111
How does one become charismatic?
>>
>>29633121
Observing the charismatic, reading about the charismatic, imitating the qualities and traits of the charismatic and experimenting with them until after a while you become it. It's a skill you improve upon with practice like any other skill even if you suck at it at first and even if it comes naturally to others where it requires work from you
>>
I swing between wanting to kill myself and trying to regulate my emotions and failing
>>
>>29630590
I'm already doing this, but it's not really working. I originally started because I wanted to join the military, but if you've been diagnosed with autism they won't take you, and by the time I could get it disproven I'd be older than 21, so they wouldn't take me either.
>>
>>29630465
My mental issues(Avoidant personality disorder, [social anxiety, agoraphobia], depressions, and borderline) are holding me back and I have been inside mental hospitals for 3 months now and I am continuing therapy in a day hospital right now

Trying to make friends by going out with my only friend and trying to talk to her friends

It's all helping a little bit and I feel like I am making process in becoming "normal"/happy
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.