[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Speaking,Social and Confidence skills
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1467256411384.jpg (39 KB, 600x568) Image search: [Google]
1467256411384.jpg
39 KB, 600x568
Is there really a way to improve them?I always feel like shit after I talk with someone because I will just say/do something embarrassing and will not stop think about with months.I have interview in a few hours on a job that I'm not really sure if I will be able to do properly and just feel like I will die every second.
>>
File: test.jpg (107 KB, 499x700) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
107 KB, 499x700
>>29629390
yeah... it's a lot of work.

http://www.selfstairway.com/wp-content/uploads/First-Impressions.pdf
>>
It's easier and more natural every time you do it, but you have to do it more often.
>>
>>29629403
Forgot to say that also my voice usually sounds a bit bad when talking with people I barely know/dont like,sometimes freeze(inside) if someone looks at me and probably my facial expression is cringy.Is there a way to work on them.
>>29629408
I mean in the sense that you do it properly because it might feel natural but you can still embarrass yourself all the time.
>>
>>29629445
Yeah you may embarrass yourself, but unless you say something really fucking dumb no one will remember it the next day or care.
>>
>>29629490
Yeah but you still give them bad impression and I doubt they will forget it.
>>
>>29629530
If it's a first impression I will admit that it matters more. If they know you're a cool guy, some one that they wouldn't mind being around, it doesn't. People care more about themselves so one fuck up in a conversation doesn't matter unless you go on about the Jews and 9/11
>>
>>29629403
The problem for me with these tips is that i cant stay serious when complimenting someone. it always feels like im joking or just trying to stay something nice to get towards something. i also get this feeling when others compliment me
>>
>>29629666
Learn dry and sarcastic humor, satan lord of darkness.
>>
>>29629630
>If they know you're a cool guy
And how does that happens when I already told you my problems?
>so one fuck up in a conversation doesn't matter
you think so and what if its more than one?
>>
>>29629390
Be just like a machine. Just keep going no matter what like if you think you fuck up during the convo just keep going and you'll fix it probably without trying or it'll just be covered up by talking. Don't look both ways when crossing the street just be confident enough you won't get hit by a car. Or don't look evergsingle second in every direction. Just look once or twice. That's it. If you duck up it's OK you won't see them again and if you do it's still OK because eventually they'll see who you are and really you're probably not as bad as you think you are but it's important you th. Some people won't like you and that's fine they don't have to. Some people will and that's even better. Work on yourself. This is working on yourself. Don't give up I believe in you because we're in the same boat and I believe in me so I believe in you. You'll get the job if not this one the next one.
>>
>>29629695
I'm not saying cool as in being the star quarterback of the football team. It's more of being chill. I don't know what you're image is now so I can't help you there. A few stuffers isn't going to be the end of the word, or mispronounce a word. Most people won't say anything unless it is a hardcore fuck up.
>>
>>29629737
>>29629816
The thing is that I'm awkward and probably off puting which is quite different.
>>
>>29629682
It's not that i break into laughter. i just dont feel comfortable with it
>>
>>29629875
If you say something cringy just try to go with it don't look back and stutter and go into a whole other conversation to try to explain it. And just try not to be awkward, there's no other way but to gain experience by falling and trying it again, pretend you're.. uh trump or something.
>>
File: disgusted-shock-face-7783281.jpg (19 KB, 400x244) Image search: [Google]
disgusted-shock-face-7783281.jpg
19 KB, 400x244
>>29629390
I was homeschooled anon, and although I got a great education (we did it for education, not jebus) the experience also saddled me with autism level social ignorance. I may actually be an autist, but nobody thinks I am anymore, so I guess I figured it out? It took me a long time to get normal, but here are my tips:

1. I don't know how big of an autist you are anon, you probably aren't this bad, but in case you are, learn to recognize the face in pic related, it is literally the most important thing you can do. If you see it in response to something you said, instantly stop talking, apologize, and don't speak unless spoken to for the next hour. The inability to recognize this face is the single reason most people want to kill autists.

2. Be quiet if you can. Nobody looks at the guy who rarely talks and thinks "what a retard". You can easily cut your autism score in half by rarely opening your mouth and letting your subtle expressions do the talking. Project confidence even if you don't feel it.
3. If you have to talk, never bring up the following things: Sex, gender, hotbutton issues, strong opinions, and your interests. Not talking about your interests is tough, but it is absolutely crucial in not being irritating. Discussing interests is something you do with friends and likeminded people. Small talk is boring and awkward as shit, but the ability/willingness to do it is how society determines you aren't a retard. If two non-autists share an interest, they will only discover it's shared after at least an hour of talking. If someone is being stupid, you can disagree with them lightly, but don't continue to disagree with them, just let them be dumb. Beliefs about anything are to be shared with friends only. If you have a religion, don't discuss it.
4. Get enough sleep and don't over caffeinate. Bathe regularly and keep your clothing clean.
5. Don't masturbate too much, it makes you unable to not think about it.
>>
>>29630460
Hard mode:
Make a habit of reading people's expressions and trying to guess their emotional state/needs. Figure out how to relate to them based on the emotional state they project. Keep your conclusions to yourself and reserve judgement. Don't ever think "what do they think about me?" but rather, "what do they need to be happy?" Anticipating these needs and figuring out how to meet them without sacrificing too much of yourself is how you win friendship, influence, power, whatever you want. This is a hard level skill, but getting good at it is how you master the art of interpersonal communication. I had a job once where literally all of my coworkers (20 or so) liked me because the job was so boring I spent the entire time thinking how I could keep them happy. It was like playing a strategic sim on the computer, but it was real. It kept my mind entertained and my work environment positive.
>>
>>29630460
I THINK(might be wrong though) that I have no problem with faces(usually can notice smaller cues) and voice intonation but the things is that I usually do say something stupid out of worry or simply because I dont know what to answer.
>Be quiet if you can
Yeah but then someone asks me why I'm not talking and I just die inside and pretty much freeze.
>Sex,
Its always someone else that mentions it and I feel really uncomfortable since im kv.
>Get enough sleep
Right now I'm trying to go earlier and really care of my sleep(even used folio on one of my windows so my room can be darker)
>don't over caffeinate
I don't drink ANY caffeine unless is in some kind of food but I doubt it.
>Don't masturbate too much
I can't even if I wanted.
>>
File: 0524 - v8nbzHG.jpg (82 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
0524 - v8nbzHG.jpg
82 KB, 454x453
>>29629737
>Work on yourself

when will this meme die
>>
Actual confidence comes from status and money.
Just relax when the interview happens. If you say an answer some people might not like, so what?
>>
>>29630766
>might not like, so what?
yeah but it also happens in daily situations and as you can guess i'm a outcast and nobody really takes me seriously,picked on etc.
>>
>Extremely qt Latina at work
>walk in today
>she's talking to a nog
>wave awkwardly
>"Hey anon, what's up?"
>"G-good h-how are you doing?"
>Speedwalk away
>Hear nog laughing behind me

Should I just off myself now and spare some pain?
>>
File: britgas.jpg (105 KB, 659x900) Image search: [Google]
britgas.jpg
105 KB, 659x900
>>29630972
it would be the polite thing to do
>>
bump
Origami poSt
>>
>>29632242
trherezvcbc cvbcv
>>
>>29632924
y5htrervew
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.