[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Id rather be anything but an autist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1454747961949.jpg (79 KB, 900x618) Image search: [Google]
1454747961949.jpg
79 KB, 900x618
Id rather be a manlet or obese than be an autist. At least some women will look past the first 2 while all females are hardwired the revile the latter.

pic unrelated.
>>
its simple, just stop being an autist
>>
>>29629095
Its impossible to change how your brain is hardwired you neurotypical asshole.
>>
>>29629142
if only the brain was a flexible and adaptable organ in constant flux, it would be so nice. but no, sadly the brain doesnt change whatsoever after the age of 21, to the minute.
>>
>>29629159
Adaptable to a degree. Autism cant be erased an people will always feel it and reject you.
>>
>>29629187
this is what you tell yourself, but you have no proof.
>>
>>29629204
Ive tried 10 years already, no matter how "normal" I act everyone notices and calls me a freak.

Youre neurotypical so you have anything but proof or experience.
>>
>>29629220
i was really talking about the "autism cant be erased" part. autism is a spectrum and many people have recovered from mild to moderate autism with and without therapy. youre just afraid of losing your excuse and actually applying yourself.
>>
>mfw Aspergers and proud of it

If your only somewhat relevant goal in life is to be a normie, ofc you will have it harder than everyone else. Change your mindset and set yourself goals. Getting girls, money and fitting into society aren't the only things that are worth living for.

And by the way, if all you care about at the moment are girls (which I presume) - even if you force yourself to change who you are so that they accept you - you will always feel like shit due to you faking your personality and will most likely break up with them anyway.
>>
>>29629240
You have no right to lecture me on applying myself you NT dumbass. Ive put myself into hundreds of social situations more than you can imagine, Ive asked girls out, Ive tried to make connections with people(partial success, I have a few friends) Ive analysed the results, changed tactics dozens of times, and still evevryone chose to reject me or treat me as a lesser human being all because I communicate differently.
Autism is the excuse people use to reject me not the other way around. It is my insurmountable obstacle, not my excuse you fuckwit.
>>
>>29629343
Did you achieve your goals?

Even if I fake myself, which Ive always failed to do, I would feel good that Ive managed to make at least one girl temporarily like me, someone that nature has decreed that should be a genetic failure.

And yes all Ive ever wanted was to be accepted as an equal by both sexes.

It sucks that society punishes autists of all people to
>>
>>29629418

I'll tell you something, and this comes from the heart, there's no point in faking it if all you wish for is happiness and acceptance, the self that I have been creating throughout the years was never accepted except by a handpicked group of people i'd truly dare to call friends, the rest of society just knows and perceives what I want them to.

I realized how fucking sad I was when I joined highschool, one day I took a course of action I regret, I realized that I did it to built up my persona and increase my social standing among other fakes who didn't even know me, if I had stayed along that path I would've blended in with the rest, maybe being that way would've spared me alot of the suffering I had throughout my college years, but I'm happy that I didn't.

You should realize that social relations are a game, and that the majority of the players that think all their relations with people are true and sincere are just NPCs and they are all roleplaying about their little dramas and daily lifes on a pointless and meaningless game with no objective.

You were born with a condition that throws the NPCs into suspiscion, since you say you cannot adapt to them or read social cues, your only option at this point is either working on it more, or give up.

But one thing i'll tell you OP, the void you want to fill is problably never going to be filled, you won't find happiness by being a normie, afterall, you're autistic, you can never be normal, the best you can attempt is deceive so you can fit in and gain something other than a true bond and understanding with these people.
>>
>>29629418
>Did you achieve your goals?
I'm working on it.

>Even if I fake myself, which Ive always failed to do, I would feel good that Ive managed to make at least one girl temporarily like me, someone that nature has decreed that should be a genetic failure.

I really can't relate to that though. I'm 19, and never really felt the need to get a gf, just thought about it here and there. There's really nothing you can do about that though, except continue trying while gaining more social skills. But don't get into the mindset that it's due to being on the autism spectrum - a lot of beta-ish males have this problem.

>And yes all Ive ever wanted was to be accepted as an equal by both sexes.
You are, as long as long as you don't openly say you have autism to people who aren't very bright, because if you do so a lot of people will treat you like a literal retard.
>It sucks that society punishes autists of all people to
No one pushes anything. Autism is just incompatible with society to a certain extent. Adapt or ignore aspects of society you cannot adapt to. Anything else fuck your brain up.

Or as >>29629627 has said
>you won't find happiness by being a normie
>>
>>29629627
How can I possibly compete on equal footing in social situations with NTs who have it going instinctively and without thinking.
>>
>>29629679
You don't. In fact, if you think about it, you probably don't even want to, but you are forcing yourself to do it anyway.
>>
>>29629355

>Autism is the excuse people use to reject me not the other way around.

yeah you keep telling yourself that
>>
>>29629679

Ok, going to try to make this reasonable without making it sound like a boasting thread since that's not my intention.

I was a Chad before and during highschool, I became what people describe here as a Cyborg, but I was still playing in the rugby national team and people thought I was legit insane, so they didn't talk shit, atleast not at close distance, all the real friends I made during highschool (arround 8-10) are still my friends, now 8 years later and they are brothers to me, those know how I really think.

What caused my change was that I made a girl become a legit robot and start cutting herself, she had to see therapy etc, I did it all to gain social status (don't want to go deeper into the situation).

What I mean to tell you by this, is that normies DON'T act instictively, atleast not when they start, i'd say instinct doesn't really kick in until adult life, or they stop wanting more social standing. They just learned through trial and error / observation how to act and behave in a way that is acceptable and normal, this is obviously impossible for an autist, but you can trust me that normies take all their actions that can affect their social standing into consideration, I think the common misconception is that you problably think that normies don't even know they are normies and just magically manage to fit into society and other human beings, this is not the case, they KNOW they are normal, because they have seen outcasts like you before, they play the game but they don't know they are playing it. You however know this, so use it to your advantage, figure out your social environment, watch how people behave and react, study people and just play the game.

There are only 2 things I want you to know : you will have ALOT more work to do if you are already an outcast (your best hope at this point is satisfy or make yourself a benefit to someone in the group you want to belong to, never aproach social groups in public if you are an outcast.cont
>>
>>29629700
But if I dont I will remain a virgin all my life, and I cant live with that.

I wish I was asexual like you to not have this desire.
>>
>>29629839

cont.

The second thing you need to know is the following: if you are ugly you are fucked and your work becomes alot harder.

check if any apply to you:
>acne (fixable)
>bad teeth (fixable)
>height (you can't do anything about this)
>yellow teeth
>skinny (fixable)
>fat (fixable)
>bellow 6/10 face, 5/10 is pushing it, but you can even be a 2-3, if fix all the fixable and learn the rules to your social environment you will be fine.

This is hardest part, nobody likes ugly people, maybe it's not your autism but your appearance that puts people unconfortable with you, there is a general rule in society that ugly people are 99.99% of the times outcasts and weird.

Don't stress being small, being tall is actually prejudicial if you attempt to interact with a group mainly composed of men much shorter than you, you aren't trying to stand out, you are trying to fit in.

Lastly, and this is the most important part, LIE

Seriously, fucking lie with your teeth, believe in your own bullshits, talk about storys you had before, guys you knew, shit, you can make so much shit up that they will never question unless you either spill your spaghetti or are handling with either another cyborg or a compulsive liar.

This was all pretty general,and as you can see it's alot of work if / before you can't do it without being anxious, and you won't gain any meaninful friendships from it, you will just gain social acceptance.

Anyways, hope you succede in w/e it is you wish to obtain, remember it's just a game and you are talking to NPCs, this always helped me in getting the confidence needed whenever I need to make a comeback and interact with a group of normies
>>
>>29629142
>i was born as a pansexual demiromantic spiritkin you cis scum
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.