[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why exactly do most people on 4chan hate a song of ice and fire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1346140907005.jpg (248 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1346140907005.jpg
248 KB, 600x800
Why exactly do most people on 4chan hate a song of ice and fire / game of thrones?
>>
>>29628167
because 4chan is counter to the mainstream
asoiaf is also really basic from a complexity standpoint
any complexity comes from understanding what characters are implying and what characters' motivations are (baelish and varys are good examples)
people are just vocal about the show because normies love it so they have to hate it
there's nothing particularly bad about the show, beyond the typical errors that hollywood portrays
>>
The books used to get shilled to hell as brilliant before the show raised their popularity.

The show is honestly not very good often times, but it does do some things very well and I would say it is still worth watching.
>>
>>29628205
>normies love it so they have to hate it
Pretty immature, don't you think?
>>
>>29628423
where do you think you are?

yes, yes it is
>>
The books because they are popular

The show because it butchers the source material and is popular
>>
I can see why you'd hate the show, but what's wrong with the books? I'm reading the first one and really enjoying it. True, it reads kind of like corny generic fantasy at times, but that's part of the magic. You lose yourself in the simple childish fantasy of knights and dragons, then the morally grey, adult realism of the political drama catches you off guard while you're in that state.

Are the later books worse or something?
>>
>>29629747
The number of POV characters explodes in the 4th and 5th books and they get a lot less focused. I personally like them a lot but I can see why someone wouldn't
>>
>>29628205
>there's nothing particularly bad about the show
fuck off
the books are horribly written genre fiction drivel the show is just inexcusable, it's absolute garbage meant to cater to the lowest common denominator
every time I watch an episode I am just overwhelmed by the idiotic things they've written in, their decisions in which material to include and which to cut and the cringe-worthy dialogue and performances
they had 4-5 good actors and they killed them all off
>>
Who /wheeloftime/ here?
>>
>>29628167
Badly written. Incredibly predictable. Generic as shit

What's to like?
>>
Because it's symptomatic of "nerd culture" being hijacked by normies. If you were reading the books 10 or 15 years ago you were a basement-dwelling manchild permavirgin. Now, if you're NOT watching the show, you're a creepy out-of-touch weirdo who hates having fun.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.