[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw I just came back from the doctor who said that I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5
>mfw I just came back from the doctor who said that I can't consume anymore sugary products or my liver will shut down
What's the point of life if I can't even consume the only things in life that give me some sort of pleasure?
>>
>>29627390
I am dealing with the same liver problem. no sugar, no alcohol, low fat, no binge eating. Every day I try to find a way to comfort myself, but there is none. No sex, no food, no drugs... what's left in life? To make it, you just have to learn to have joy for other things.
>>
They make lots of sugar-free desserts.

Don't binge on them though or your stomach will rebel.
>>
>>29627390
RIP Sperg. Can you at least have tendies?
>>
>>29627390
>>29627416

how did you people fuck up your livers?
>>
>>29627479

>not binge eating tendies

hahahaha good one
>>
>>29627482
not OP.

Alcoholism and binge eating.

I was very, very bad. I used to eat hundreds of grams of fat a day. I worked at a pizza place and I would take home the unsold pizza and cheesy bread and eat it all -- sometimes 1-2 pizzas worth -- and i dipped it in ranch all while having 10+shots of tequila.

I did it because I hated myself and my life and I became uncontrollably anxious and lonely at night unless i drugged and stuffed myself into a stupor. I'm a pretty fucked up person.

I have a consistent pain in my lower right torso now. there's definitely something wrong there. The docor said it's not cancer, but... maybe it is by now. I'm having a checkup soon. I'm too young to have a daily pain in my insides like that.
>>
>>29627549
How long were you eating pizza and drinking for? And was it daily?
>>
>>29627479
asking the actual important questions, thank you
>>
>>29627416
>no sex

Like it wasn't like that anyway
>>
>>29627566
I would overeat to an insane degree several times a week for years. When I was 20-22 it was almost daily.

I would binge drink to an insane degree on and off. I would sometimes have 10+ drinks in a day every day for 3 months before I took a one month break. Sometimes I would go a whole year having 60 drinks a week every week. One day when I was 27, I was drinking and I felt a pain in my side and i took off my shirt to see that my right side had swollen up significantly bigger than the left. I have never gottn shitfaced again since that day, but I have had a few glasses of wine from time to time. It's starting to look like i should quit altogehter now. I've gone from 60 drinks a week to less than 10 a month, but I guess 0 is smarter, huh?
>>
>>29627549

So what is it? cirrhosis of the liver?
>>
>>29627610
I have actually had sex with 109 women. I'm not doing that well anymore. only 3 this year, all ugly.
>>
>>29627549
i did much the same as you (for similar reasons) minus the alcohol. i have pain in my abdomen, several specific places (though not all the time) but have gone to a bunch of doctors and nothing is really showing up. hopefully i don't have cancer but we'll see.

i'm trying to be more healthy now but i fear it's too late.
>>
Why no drugs? Weed is harmless
>>
>>29627642
So how does sex affect your liver anyway?
>>
>>29627641
The doctor called it "NAFLD" (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease) but I think he was laughing off my insistence that I was a heavy drinker. The way I tried to tell him that I irregularly drank a lot and then none and then alot again, I think he just assumed I was a typical party bro who was worried for no good reason about my old drinking days. When I see him again, I'm going to paint a clearer picture. I kind of just assumed that he would know what he is doing, but I don't think his listening skills are all that good. He told me to keep my weight down and eat low fat and take vitamin E. It's been 5 years since i quit binge drinking and i still have a sharp pin in my side. It's gotta be more serious than that.
>>
>>29627631
It's good you've cut back so much after you had medical issues.

It's actually really hard to get liver cancer, you might just have some tissue scarring and swelling if you're lucky. Definitely start eating healthy and cut out the alcohol, and get plenty of exercise.
>>
>>29627664
It doesn't I'm just saying I don't have anything to make me feel happy anymore.

...although i suppose if I ever caught hepatitis, my liver would probably explode like a popcorn kernel in the state it's in.
>>
How old are you?

This original comment has been brought to you by anonymous.
>>
>>29627479
>Can you at least have tendies?

Lost
>>
>>29627677
I eat in a majorly healthy way now and I am a workout god. I have a muscular bro body except that i have loose skin from being 100lbs overweight. I do uphill bike sprints and I lift at an intermediate level. My typical daily diet is like... bran flakes with banana, green smoothie, chicken with sweet potato and broccoli. No cakes, no donuts, no fries, I even cut out cheese. Still the pain continues. it may be too late for me.
>>
>>29627672

liver disease does not hurt

even if you have a severely enlarged liver and late stage cirrhosis theres very little localized pain
>>
>>29627390
Do it anyway and kill yourself.
In a good way, of course.
>>
>>29627742
It could actually be a muscle issue, I had a similar ordeal and the pain was mostly from poor posture.

Does the pain change or get better/worse when you move around? That is an indicator of muscle damage/strain rather than liver.
>>
>>29627651
The doctors are treating me the same way. Make sure you get them to look at your pancreas, you liver, AND your bowel.

My lower-right abdomen is in very concerning pain every single day. I cannot let the doctor tell me that i'm fine.
>>
>>29627777
That's good to know. So then what is the pain? It's where my lower intestine is.

>>29627787
it's not muscular, absolutely sure about that. It's innards. When I press firmly on my lower-right quadrant, there is a sharp pain that suddenly emerges and sends shockwaves of pain through my lower torso. it is as if ther is a big lego block in there and when i press it is pinching my intenstines.
>>
>>29627787
Also, the pain activates and also becomes a headache when i breathe in very deeply and hold the breath with pressure.
>>
>>29627839
>there is a sharp pain that suddenly emerges and sends shockwaves of pain through my lower torso.

That could still be a muscle issue maybe if you're irritating something that's damaged. That or a swollen liver. Is your poo a regular color? Do you show any other signs/symptoms associated with liver disease?
>>
My dad went through a phase of "life" in his mid thirties to early 40's where he was binge eating alot: his pancreas basically shut down and now he has serious type two diabetes. It is no joke of a disease.

You guys have my sincere sympathy. Find other things you like to do. Even if it takes some effort at first: find things you like, and do them. Take care of yourselves.
>>
>>29627416
Are you allowed to drink tea with milk?
>>
>>29627657
>Why no drugs? Weed is harmless

ahhhhhh

I suppose and I'm not OP but if you replace like 3-4 food or alcohol vices with weed u are gonna be smoking 50$ of weed a day which balances out from the pizzas ans booze ur not getting.
>>
>>29627672
>I kind of just assumed that he would know what he is doing, but I don't think his listening skills are all that good.

Yea, you've gotta really push some doctors. Alot of them are just there to collect their 300k salaries and are on auto pilot. Don't trust that they give a shit about your life. Alot of them don't.
>>
>>29627856
Yes, I have liver headaches (the doctor confirmed this, there is a nerve that runs up to the head that gets crushed by the swelling) and my poo is consistently poor-quality and doesn't move well. No matter what I eat, it comes out muddy.

>>29627891
I am broughgt to believe that I should avoid caffeine, but my doctor didn't tell me so, so I still have tea.
>>
>>29627884
>serious type two diabetes. It is no joke of a disease.

really? what effects does he experience? my overate his whole life and now has it. He seems to be using the insulin shots as an excuse to binge eat 5000 calories a day. "Hey I just took a shot... time to hit up the Pizza Hut Buffet"
>>
>>29627549
It's your own fault you fat disgusting fuck. I feel no pain or sorrow for you.
>>
>>29627923
>so I still have tea.
I think I would do the same, I'm British so tea addiction is given for me.
>>
>>29627941
I'm not hurt by your words. I have had severe emotional difficulties in life that I had to cope with, and I wasn't offered friendship or love, so I turned to substances. If I had not treated my body in this way, I would certainly have killed myself. I am covered in self-inflicted cut marks and I have researched the most effective suicide methods for many hours. I have been on the edge of suicide for decades. So, really, the binging was the healthiest thing I could have done, because the alternative was self-inflicted death. I played the hand I was dealt the best I could.

>>29627944
I hope i don't have to give up tea. my tea time is my me time.
>>
>>29627989
The point is that it's still your own fault.
>>
>>29627989
>Would have killed myself

Do it anyway faggot
>>
>>29627997
It doesn't matter to me what you think "fault" means. You're just trying to make yourself feel better by being cruel to me and it's not going to work because I'm not accepting any of your poison. My life has been a struggle to manage many kinds of suffering and I understand my own choices better than you do. You are a weak troll and you'll get no satisfaction out of harassing me.
>>
>>29627989
>binging was the healthiest thing
No, it wasn't. You could have done anything else. Exercise and healthy would've been the healthiest thing to do. Stop making excuses for your own poor decisions.
>>
>>29628028
>It doesn't matter to me what you think "fault" means
It's not what I think it means, it's a straight up fact. You chose to do those things that you did. It's entirely your fault no matter how much you look at it. It's not an insult to you. It's a fact.
>>
>>29628011
I will almost certainly do it, it's just a question of when. Best-case scenario, I go out like hunter thompson, at home after a life of respectable acheivement. worst-case, I get sick and do it soon. Whatever! death comes for us all.
>>
>be me
>25 year old neet
>drank at least one Monster Energy and 2 litres of coke a Day for the last 3 years
>Heart starting to skip several beats a Day
It's over now isn't it?
>>
>>29628054
>I can't eat unhealthy shitty foods and unhealthy life style
>may as well kill myself
Fuck this is honestly one of the most pathetic things I've ever read on the internet.
>>
>>29628065
Nah. Caffeine does that in excess. Just cut it out completely.
>>
File: buffet.jpg (91 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
buffet.jpg
91 KB, 500x334
>>29628065
no. warren buffet is the 5th richest person in the world and he drinks 5 cans of full sugar cherry coke a day.
>>
>>29628090
>risk your health because a billionaire does it
>>
>>29627989
i just want to say that i understand exactly what you're saying and that you're not making excuses, you're explaining that you did what you could to survive. i'm sorry life is shit and i hope you make it.
>>
>>29628083
But it tastes so good and is the only thing I'm looking forward to every day
>>
>>29628112
Only because you're addicted to the two main ingredients. Sugar and caffeine. Fucking off yourself you disgusting unhealthy cunt.
>>
>>29628101

Why didn't you vote to (((stay))) in the EU, like Soros told you.
>>
>>29628073
i might kill myself because i might have terminal bowel cancer, not because i can't have cake.
>>
>>29628110
Yes, a lot of people who don't have that self-hatred to deal with can't understand the survival struggle. I know some who do are out there so thanks for speaking up.
>>
>>29628112
Wean yourself off of it. Move from a sugary caffeine drink to an unsugared one. Black coffee or unsweetened tea. Go from 800mg of caffeine to 600 for a day or two, then 400, then stay at 400 for a week, then 200 for a week, then 100, then 50, then quit. caffeine is a bitch if you quit cold.
>>
File: kroger energy drink.jpg (567 KB, 1292x1292) Image search: [Google]
kroger energy drink.jpg
567 KB, 1292x1292
>>29628199
>caffeine is a bitch if you quit cold.

yeah... but for like three days.
>>
>>29628230
Depends on the person. I feel miserable every time I try to quit caffeine. I'm going to try again tomorrow but I know I'll probably just feel lethargic, nauseas and sick for a while.
>>
Ausfag here, i drink about 10 standards a day and i have been for about a year straight, how many years off from developing any major disease do you think i am?
>>
>>29628407
nobody knows what a standard is. it's also an impossible word to google.
>>
>>29628407
Australian here. Quit that shit ASAP bro. Not trying to preach but I'm trying to go straight edge and it's pretty great so far.

Your life though. I just plan on spending a lot more years on this earth.
>>
>>29627390
shutup and go eat some fruit you fat fuck
>>
>>29628422
from context it is easy to guess that it means one standard unit of alcohol, i.e. one 'drink.'

>>29628407
not that far off. if you are drinking daily, any more than 1 or 2 a day will definitely result in organ damage. You have already done irreversible damage. Stop immediately. Save drinking for a couple days a week or less, and stop yourself at 4. you can survive like that until old age without damage. it's the concentration that hurts, as well as the lack of a rest break. 10 drinks isn't twice as bad as 5, it's 4 times as bad. high concentration is super powerful organ damage.
>>
>>29628466
>any more than 1 or 2 a day will definitely result in organ damage
Source? It's common world wide to have 1-2 drinks every day after work.
>>
File: Wonkblog Graphic.jpg (349 KB, 1484x1502) Image search: [Google]
Wonkblog Graphic.jpg
349 KB, 1484x1502
>>29628475

yeah i don't think that's right. though 2 drinks a day means you drink more than 80% of the population.
>>
>>29628475
yes, 1-2 a day is fine. 3-4 a day is pushing it and will likley cause damage in the long-term. 10 a day will cause damage every single day.
>>
>>29628498
>24 million americans drink 74 alcoholic drinks per week
>more than 10 a day
What the fuck cunt
>>
>>29628498
your chart actually says that 40% of people have alt least 2 drinks a day on average, which would qualify as "common worldwide."
>>
>>29628510
People drink, man. The alcohol industry targets them, too. They know where their sales are coming from.
>>
>>29628518

>reading comprehension

try again.
>>
>>29628510
america is a sad, stressful place to live
>>
>>29628529
That's absolutely fucking disgusting. How can people even drink that much. The next day hangover feels like shit. This is why I'm trying to quit drinking completely.
>>
>>29628437
yeah, i agree.

i will finish off the rest of my alcohol and then take a good break, then start only on weekends or else i really will be going for an early grave.
>>
>>29628533
You're right. It's 20%, which is 1 out of 5 which is still quite common.
>>
>>29628535
I want to go to America for a holiday but I'm honestly scared of all the guns and all the shootings.
>>
>>29628544
>i will finish off the rest of my alcohol
it's not going to go bad. save it. start your new habits TODAY. don't be that guy who says he'll start "tomorrow" forever.

>>29628539
When I drank that much, I never got hangovers. I woke up feeling all fuzzy and relaxed. I was able to drink 12 beers without getting drunk because my body was used to hard liquor.
>>
>>29628544
Don't just say it. You have to want to quit yourself. It's the same as any addiction. You have to want to do it for yourself. Not because others tell you to, even if you know it's bad it doesn't mean you want to quit.

I always tell people it's like a light switch. You gotta turn the light off.
>>
>>29628550
the shootings here are such a small percentage of the deaths. you're a lot more likely to die in a car accident. it's just that the joker was right in the dark knight movie -- car accidents are part of the plan, but gun deaths aren't so people freak out over the gun deaths.
>>
>>29627390
Hey Anon I've been practicing making low sugar baked goods since my dad is diabetic, give me your address and I'll send you a bunch.
>>
i weigh 125 pounds

i have celiac disease and fructose malabsorbtion, and probably rheumatoid arthritis, and im suddenly lactose intolerant now too

so i avoid nightshades (pretty much all the vegetables that you thought were healthy but dont taste like total ass), fat, beef, sugar, all grains, all dairy, and i still wake up in more pain every single day, even though i eat a ton, and almost all i eat is brocolli and green beans and chicken and salmon and salad

all i had in life was food before, hell it was the only thing that seemed to bring me out of a cold sweat, which turns out to have been caused by fructose

but now its not really going away, and food tastes good... if i spend pretty much every waking moment cooking... because i work full time

and i wake up cold and sweaty almost every day, nothing can end it but a hot shower but it always comes back a little

oh and apparently celiac makes you lose your mind sometimes so everyone hates me and i have no friends and the few friends i do have seem to think its all my fault because i dont stretch or eat healthy enough even though i do both those way more than anyone ive ever known

oh also i grew up overdosing on amphetamines and shit for a bullshit ADHD diagnosis because i was 8 and wanted to be held back to be with kids my own age and not do a bunch of mindless busywork but couldnt articulate that because i was 8 and they told me i was sick and needed this medicine so i spent the next 5 years having heart palpitations and being mute and paranoid and delusional

but really im just a privileged white male who deserves to go to the back of the list of job applications and scholarships for my race and gender
>>
>>29628563
>save it

might as well ask him to climb mount everest
>>
>>29628563
I guess that's the tolerance thing. That and your liver was probably struggling hard and not working at it's normal capacity.
>>29628579
To be fair man, you have to admit they're incredibly frequent over in American and there are countries that have the same amount of guns that you have with no way near the deaths. There has to be a culture problem.
>>
>>29628626
>>29628614
>>29628564
>>29628563

The most surreal thing was that i never thought i actually had a problem, it just sort of progressed until the point i was having 8 beers at the pub every night, it just occurred to me recently how shitty my nights are without it. but facts doesn't lie, its not worth throwing away what is left of my liver.
>>
>>29628681
Definitely not man. These companies preach "drinking responsibly". They don't give a shit. Don't give into it.
>>
>>29627390
im probably in the same boat op
>really fucking obese
>not a single day has gone by in 4 years without me stuffing my face
>piss smells awfuly sweet
>>
>>29628715
disgusting cunt, pull yourself together
>>
>wahh my life is so hard because i cant stop eating unhealthy shit and being fat

fuck you all

all i want is to be able to digest food and stop being in pain
>>
>>29628715
>piss smells awfuly sweet
diabeetus for sure. do something now before you lose a foot.
>>
>>29628737
>>29628723
i dont give a shit anymore tho
original poster
>>
>>29628725
Crohns as well my friend?
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.