[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need your help dudes. I am struggling with this problem. Like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: me.jpg (10 KB, 236x348) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
10 KB, 236x348
Need your help dudes. I am struggling with this problem. Like I have major anxiety.

> be me in late 20's
> mom is getting older
> see it every day when she makes me my oatmeal
> i love her more than anyone else left on this earth
> she says she wants me to try and have my own life
> I have no job, no skills, i'm fucking ugly
> she's going to give me 20k to spread my wings and fly
> we are not rich but she wants me to try
> try to be normal
> when she said it, it made me cry inside
> crying right now just thinking about it
> should I just pack a bag and leave in the middle of the night and never see my ma again hoping i could maybe make her happy one day
> should I take her money and try (what if I can't make it work and it's a waste, am I allowed to come back? or would I just suicide?
> should i just stay here and neve change

I know you'll be jokey but I honestly need some advice. I have no one to talk to because I usually just talk to her when I need advice. I'm a legit fucking robot. I have no friends, no gf (obviously) no job, no nothing.

I want to make her proud but every time I look at a place to rent or look at how much it costs to just live with daily expenses like internet and electricity and food I feel like I shouldn't even try because I'm such a waste. She could use that money for something. She deserves it more than me. She's a nice lady.

Please help
>>
Your mom is giving you an opportunity to make your life not a waste.. This is an opportunity few get.. You have about a year of runway with no income, so use your time wisely, find a good job, and turn that 20k into 80k and then give your mom back her 20k... Wow her anon.. Make her proud..
>>
>>29626884
Be frugal and get positive cashflow as soon as possible.
Don't "aim big" and follow your dreams or whatever bullshit.
Use the money wisely to start making money as soon as possible.
If you want to go into computers, get some cheap certifications. Don't waste money on college and fail out.

You should pretty much try to ignore the money and use it as an emergency account.
>>
>>29626884
Number 1 thing you should not do is go to college, not even community college. Pick up some certs or get into a trade.
Stop freaking out, youre fine in the short term. you can easily survive for a year on the money she is giving you.
What is your definition of "making it"? Getting a job? You can do that in a week or two senpai even with your no work experience and skills. Just apply everywhere and get something minimum wage. Then work on certs or a trade and get something decent. Then what you want to do next is up to you.
>>
>>29626884
Shes giving you 20000. I'm a student and I make do with 1000/month no problem. What city are you in? If you have to, move to a cheaper one. You dont need a car at first. Get a bicycle.
>>
File: world swedish army.jpg (101 KB, 518x500) Image search: [Google]
world swedish army.jpg
101 KB, 518x500
>>29627171
>You should pretty much try to ignore the money and use it as an emergency account.
I don't even think he should use it as an emergency account. Reason being, people who have never before been self-supporting are generally horrible with money management, including myself when I first started. If you give someone with no IRL experience 20k and say "Use only in emergencies," my own experiences and observation tells me that generally they'll slack off on getting a job and spend 800 a month on "necessities" while working on their art or buying into one of those 'career school' type scams.
>>
If you can't afford college I know trade schools are in an affordable range and good plumbers make good money becuase there's never enough of them. If hands on isn't your thing you could take a training course in IT or something.
>>
buy some stocks and an apartment lease with the money, then look for a job.
>>
Your first priority is to secure a job. After that, use the money your mom lent you and money you make to establish yourself. It will take time, at least a few months. Good luck man
>>
I think you should try and ask for her support and maybe some advice and how you really feel. When you take an action always think about how much you love your mother and wanting to make her proud let that be your motivation. I'm actually in a similar situation as well no job and am late 20s, but this kind of motivates me to try as well.

Don't just pack your bags and leave, you can work things out without having to be that extreme. Stay at home and ask your mother for support, and you gotta try your best to get a job or something, anything even if it's mundane job.
>>
How ugly are you talking OP? This might actually be her fault
>>
>>29627508

never had sex with a woman who I never paid to fuck. never been on a date either.

It's not her fault she's a nice lady. My sister is also good looking and leads a normal life. I was just unlucky.
>>
>>29626884
Stop fapping so much. The testosterone you loose while fapping creates anxiety
>>
>>29626884
Whether it's with 20k in hand or in the middle of the night, the idea that you're just going to venture forth and overcome all the problems you've had without the support you've had thus far strikes me as naive.

Don't worry about rent or living expenses yet. Start smaller. Think about where you want to be-- what would make her proud, what would make you happy-- and then think about the steps it would take to get you there. Then take that first step and break it down into even smaller, simpler steps until you get to things you think you can handle. Then work at it every day. Keep in mind that you have to be willing to stretch yourself, to try new things that make you uncomfortable, and to confront fears and irrational beliefs which have been holding you back.
>>
>>29626884
don't take the $20,000 you piece of shit

she spent her whole life loving you and raising you and putting money into you, and know you're thinking about taking $20,000 fucking dollars from her? Jesus man, she'll be working until the day she dies and will never retire if she keeps losing money like that

I'd say you secure yourself a job at McDicks or some kind of fast food restaurant or, even better, a grocery store (much comfier work) and find yourself 2 or 3 roommates using Craiglist or something. Doing some quick Google searches should allow you to find a nice place (house/apartment) where you can pay rent for ~$600 a month. If it's too expensive and ends up being like $1000 a month where your mother lives, then move somewhere else like one of the plain states (Nebraska, etc.)

If you land a minimum wage job (let's say $8.00/hour) and work the normal 40 hours a week you'll be making around $1,200 a month. Minus $600 rent with your flatmates, and about $100 for food (even less, if you buy $1.00 burritos from taco bell for each meal), you'll have around $500 give or take for anything else you want. Probably have to pay for utilities, but I don't know how much that shit costs.

Anyways, you shouldn't take your mothers money (or maybe only take like $1000 or $2000). It sounds like she's too good of a person to deserve that. Listen to my advice, my man.

It's time to start living.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.