[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else paranoid here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (53 KB, 825x606) Image search: [Google]
image.png
53 KB, 825x606
There's not a day that goes by I don't feel and intense amount of fear over the most trivial shit. I worry non stop and I don't know why. I'm in a nervous sweat all day and I fucking hate it. Why is this happening and who else feels this way? I'm only at peace in my bed or asleep.
>>
Which trivial shit?
>>
It's the chemicals and energy in your brain, man.

Are you taking any stimulants like coffee, adderall, etc?
>>
>>29626112
Little trivial shit that haunts me all day, say I see a person I know but don't say hi. Later in the day I'll be FREAKING OUT at the fact that maybe they saw me and think I'm a dick for not saying hi

>>29626169
I drink like a cup or two of coffee throughout the day
>>
I usually check my work schedule at least 3 times because I'm afraid I misread it and still get there 15 minutes early in case I'm late and have to explain it to someone
>and that was just this morning

I feel for you, anon
>>
>>29626024
WTF do you mean? Unless you say something more specific, we can't narrow it down other than either an anxiety disorder, panic disorder, or paranoia.

What are the nature of these thoughts? Are they realistic? Or magical? Spoopy?
>>
>>29626208
Maybe you have OCD? Do you do any rituals to stop these obsessive thoughts?
>>
>>29626383
I'm not sure but as far as rituals go I usually jus tweet worrying until I exhaust myself and fall asleep.
>>
>>29626415
By trivial things, you mean you check things repeatedly "to make sure?"
>>
>>29626415
Come on man. That's no way to live. You often find that when we face the source of these anxieties head-on, they really small things, blown up by the smoke and mirrors of our neurotic minds. One thing you should try is "Have Courage." Not mocking you. Have courage for a day. Be brave for all of one day and pay attention to yourself. Because cowards die many times a day before they retire to sleep. This is from somebody who has dealt with what you have.
>>
>>29626438
The smallest most insignificant mistake I make can send me into a frenzy of anxiety. I feel as though every move I make there is a huge group of people criticizing my ever move like a high stakes chess match. I'm trying my best to explain it sorry if I'm not doing a great job.
>>
>>29626515
Thanks man I'm gonna take your advice and try to live with courage. Any tips on how to confront the anxiety? Like techniques to stop thinking about it?
>>
>>29626527
So, does it only apply when other living beings are present?
>>
>>29626591
Oh, sorry, I mean are you afraid of criticism that much? I used to be that way. Now I'm only dealing with my ADD.
>>
>>29626581
Just face them. You'll be glad you didn't cheat yourself out of peace of mind by not doing so. There's no need to revisit such things over and over again, no need to copy and thought and let it fold in on itself over and over again, like mental origami. It's a loop, and a way to break it is to break the pattern. Have courage.
>>
>>29626673
That advice didn't work for me though. You sound just like my father. Maybe it'll work for him though.

Freud, this courage shit is pop psychology.

OP, courage isn't that answer. That'll just throw you off. Go talk to a psychologist for some real talk or a psychiatrist for meds.

The most basic is this: courage makes you more neurotic, and relaxation doesn't. I guess the anon is saying he is "courageous." Well, you might have courage. But you'll make more stupid mistakes instead.

Try some relaxation techniques. Oh, and stop taking stimulants.

I tried befriending my fears. *yes* I mean that. I just look at that though and, "why am I thinking this?" Take your worries in a positive light, NOT as demons going to be exorcised. Acknowledge them, but don't fret about them. Take them as gentle warnings to pay for winzip. I mean, who pays for winzip?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.