[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robot jobs I'm a dishwasher and it fucking sucks. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: the-dishwasher.jpg (79 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
the-dishwasher.jpg
79 KB, 500x331
Robot jobs

I'm a dishwasher and it fucking sucks. I'm looked at the lowest bottom of the barrel. No one gives a shit to put in the slightest consideration into how they affect my job ; don't clear plates, expect me to do their job for them while they text, waiting until the very last minute to bring me a single fucking fork.
On the plus side I get to have my earbuds in for 9 straight hours and don't have to talk to anyone.
>>
>>29624488
I stock shelves and get to ignore customers 75 percent of the time.
>>
>>29624520
Do you get poop breaks?
>>
landscaping in the south don't have to talk to anyone for hours man its great
>>
>>29624488
I used to dishwash.

Fucking God awful, thankless job. Not hard, just dirty and you get treated like shit even though it's a necessity for a restaurant.
>>
>>29624488
I'm a graphic designer. Pretty easy. I sit all day on photo shop with headphones in. I get paid 15$ a hour.
>>
>>29624488
I am a factory worker. It's so mind numbing doing the same repeated task 8-12 hours a day.

Only three things prevent me from killing myself

1. The pay is good. $17.50 an hour
2. I only work 3-6 months a year
3. I can listen to my own music.
>>
>>29624488
>>29624573

I've always wondered, what happens to your hands when you wash dishes for 9 hours a day? I would think they'd get all pruny and then crack or get irritated or something.
>>
>>29624488
I'm a do cleaning and retrieving trolleys at a supermarket. I'm new so I suck at it and am slow.
>tfw I sweat easily so I'm dripping with sweat every day.
>>
>>29624754
I'll be working at a factory next year, I'm fucking stoked. Gonna drive all the way to Minnesota from Texas with family to work there. I'm okay with working 12 hours straight, as long as the pay is good, which it usually is. Gonna work for a couple months, then sign up for unemployment and get a check every 2 weeks for doing fuck all. Can't fucking wait!

What is it that you do exactly, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>29624791
I also worked as a dishwasher before, nothing really happens to your hands. It's not like your hands are in the water for 9 hours straight. Personally, nothing weird happened to my hands while I worked as a dishwasher.
>>
>>29626144
I pretty much box tape all day sometimes I put tape on a contraption that spits tape out on a conveyor belt.

I also go on unemployment after finishing up there. Then I go full neet until next year.
>>
File: 18NMngc.jpg (518 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
18NMngc.jpg
518 KB, 3264x2448
>>29624488
Im also a dishwasher but i do other stuff as well and am part of a team kind of. Green text of a typical day.
>1030am clock in
>clear the cafeteria serving area bar thing(idk what to call it) and scrape pots n pans
>wipe cafeteria tables, first with a hand detergent solution then a sanitizer, try to finish before 11:00
>do best to clear the mountain of pots and pans piled up from breakfast before 11:35
>sort the meal tickets to make the serving seamless
>work tray line with cook to pump out plates
finish this by 12:30ish
>hit the lunch pots and pans soon as last plate is cleared and usually finish by 1:10ish
>take 5-10miutes or even less than 5minutes to eat lunch leftovers
>clock for meal at 1:30 and check dinner patient count for cook , continue working
>do the double wipe of cafeteria tables again since outpatients just had lunch
>about 1:50 start the dinner meal tickets and set water jugs to fill while im doing that while being mindful of it so they dont overfill and make a big mess ill have to mop which would cost me time i dont have
>by 2pm clock back in from meal i have let the cook know about all the special diets and requests
>if not done with pots and pans work on them until 2:10-2:15 before delivering water to the units of which there are 5 and i have to refill the jugs three times
>ideally finish this by 2:30 and hit the pots and pans again
>3pm i make the meal tickets and usually finish by about 3:30-3:45
>hit pots and pans until 3:50-3:55
>prepare 5 crystal light jug dispenser things , this usually takes until 4:10ish
>ice and deliver them usually finish between 4:20-4:30
>hit pots and pans until 4:35-4:40
>sort dinner meal tickets before 4:45
>do dinner tray line, usually finish between 5:20-5:30
>scub pots and pans then clean the sinks, depending on the cook and menu this can finish between 5:50-6:30
>mop kitchen, ideally im done by 6:30 but sometimes 7:00
>clock out

Pay is $10 and hour and im scheduled for 40 a week but usually do 38
>>
>>29626500
Sounds like you really know the in and outs of your job anon
>>
>>29624707
I deal with RIP and printing and make that. No design yet. How are you only making $15?
>>
>>29624488
Funny, I'm actually waiting on responses for a dishwashing position. I've done it for several businesses, all at different points in my life. I enjoy the work because it's easy to check out and get lost in your mechanical movements.

I need a fuxkin job guys.
>>
File: T5UmINr.jpg (627 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
T5UmINr.jpg
627 KB, 3264x2448
>>29626587
Been there since october last year. I sucked super hard at first, partly because the guy that gave me my one day "training" doesn't really speak english.
Though for the position i did at first it was pretty simple, just minding trash , cleaning patients plates and trays and doing trayline / food delivery
Then I started doing what i do now and did stock on wednesdays (the best msot ez comfy job)
then i got put back to what i do now and sometimes i do the thing i started on maybe once every two weeks.
Here is some audio of the thing i started on, pic related https://soundcloud.com/brandoid/r-mic-141127-065256
>>
>>29624707
>>29626589
How do you get into this line of work? College required?
>>
>>29624488
Stop being a fucking walked on piece of garbage and work towards something better. Jeez.

Or

>hate my job
>no I don't actually spend time working towards anything AFTER work. I just spent all day working, idiot want to work after I go to work.

And stay a fucking dishwasher.
>>
I worked as a dishwasher for about 2 days and just said fuck it. Apparently before I worked there they had gone through about 12 different people in a month since the restaurant is ran poorly and has a rumor of them hiring homeless people to do the work in pay of food.
>>
I work for my former university. For 8 hours a day I look at satellite imagery of shithole 3rd world countries and click on roads. When I finish a 1 degree by 1 degree square, I go back through and attribute the roads based on shit like "does it look like dirt" and "how shitty does the road look."

It's extremely boring and monotonous. I listen to music the whole time. Getting really into Mongolian folk metal these days.

I make $25 an hour.
>>
>>29626822
fucking capitalism
>>
>>29626822
>make $25/hr solving captcha
what university?
are they hiring?
>>
>>29626874
What's the problem?
>>29626913
Do you know how to use ArcGIS?
It's one in the Midwest. It's funny; the school contracts for a corporation which is contracted by the federal government. While I was still in school, I worked directly for the school's project (which was working for the corp.) and now I work directly for the corporation which is contracted by the school which is now directly contracted by the gub'mint

I swear it's a giant sociological experiment to see how long it takes for us to all lose our minds over the boredom.
>>
>>>29626589
>How do you get into this line of work? College required?

Literally get exp by doing it and building a portfolio like any coding or art job. Go learn what the industry tools are and learn how to use via YouTube, books, blogs. Read up and learn how to design from design books and magazines. Google is your friend.
>>
File: farm.png (51 KB, 876x773) Image search: [Google]
farm.png
51 KB, 876x773
I work part time as a farm hand on a local farm
It fucking sucks. All of my co-workers are eastern european immigrants and the farm owners treat me like shit

>Out in the heat last week
>Picking some vegetables
>Feels pretty relaxing
>Enjoying the scenery
>Suddenly the farm owner shouts over the field with a megaphone
>'Everyone, break time! The old girl has made some soup!'
>all the other workers run excited towards the house
>I follow them
>I am the last one to the door
>The farmer stands in my way
>'sorry anon.... we are one bowl short. You better go back to picking'
>I feel really bad
>tell him I will gladly eat straight out of the soup pot
>he chuckles and said 'the only man who slurps out of my wifes pot is me'
>tells me to get back to picking vegetables
>tells me I can have 4 carrots for free as a reward

It fucking sucks. They hate me because I have aspergers basically. I don't talk to the other farmhands so I know they tell the farm owner lies about me. For example I heard a Lithuanian guy telling the farm owner that he saw me in a local supermarket rubbing my dirty hands over the food from this farm which isn't true- I only eat sugary snacks not fruit- but they all believe the lies.
>>
>>29626997
People will actually hire amateurs with high school diploma only as long as they have a portfolio? I feel like this sort of thing requires certification to show employers. bls.gov says bachelors degree.
>>
>>29626500
>doing all that for ten dollars an hour
>>
>>29626689
What>>29626997 said. Although I started just trimming material and sewing banners up. Moved up the ladder as time went on and learned more about the process. Currently college now for it, been doing it for 6 years with no college completed at all. If you can find a decent company just get your foot in the door even if it's the bottom of the barrel. Kind of like the IT field where you gotta be a fuckboi help desk faggot first before you move up. I'd say experience first then go get your degree while you're already in the field. That usually shows the company you're committed to what you're doing and more often than not they'll reward you in someway, whether that be paying for part of your tuition and/or more money down the line when you finish.
>>
>be labtechfag
>make a modest 18.75 dollarydoos per hour
>spend 3 hours running simple chemical tests, logging results, and dropping off papers
>anytime im not busy is breaktime but lab has everything except a toilet so no reason to really leave
>shittalk and play vidya with wastewaterbro in the next room, otherwise im alone the whole shift
>spend the rest of the day reading emails, doing paperwork, troubleshooting issues, reading my books, and of course shitposting

Its a good job for a robot. Most nights are quit.
>>
>>29627052
I get two meals from it, which are suger free and low sodium in big ass helpings. On days I work I don't pay for my food with money, just labor.
Also I work with old people im 22 and a half while they are all later 30s - 50s(cooks) and most are women so its comfy and i rack in the gbps they are nice. I cant handle being around people my age so this is comfy to me only a little anxiety
>>
>>29627123
Also forgot to add: You could freelance on the side for anything design related after your degree.
>>
>>29627045
If you can weld, my dad will hire you for his shop. Doesn't give a fuck about certifications, school, experience, etm. If you can pass a basic welding test you're hired. Starts at $14 an hour for very basic scrap cutting.
>>
>>29627041
Sounds like he bullied you and probably wasn't even short on soup bowls
>>
>>29627188
I'm not sure how seriously I should be taking job offers on 4chan.

I might look into welding as work though I've done it before and it was preddy cool.
>>
>>29627346
Yeah, I got hired there right out of high school and the only experience I had was 1 year of metal shop in middle school and 1/2 year of it in high school. Worked there for 6 months until I joined the army.

The shop is in Houston.
>>
>>29624791

You are provided with a bunch of high quality thick gloves so that your hands are safe.
>>
>>29624488
Fuck you nigger. I'm a cook and every dishwasher I've known is either lazy or incompetent. How one manages to fail at washing dishes is beyond me but God help me, they do it. On the other hand, there are dishwashers who know the gig and milk the fuck out of their hours, carrying handfuls of crockery back and forth. It makes me sick. My boss pays these jokers for five hours to do what would take me an extra 30 minutes at the end of my shift. Disgraceful. The first hot day we had this year and poor David the Dishmonkey has to stop and take a break while I'm banging out plates over a hot range not even giving a fuck. Fuck dishwashers and fuck you, layabout pillock.
>>
Owner-operator of a small cleaning business. Easy indoor work, rarely have to interact with clients, listen to podcasts or music all day.
You wouldn't believe me if I told you my hourly rate.
>>
File: 1461601700461.jpg (16 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
1461601700461.jpg
16 KB, 330x330
>>29624488
>work at a restaurant as a line cook
>mfw bros with the dishwashers and kitchen prep people and give them leftovers when we close

busboys are cool too. dishwashers are criminally underrated and they're always treated like shit. Any chef worth his salt treats dishwashers with respect, as they started off washing dishes themselves.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.