[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is your relationship with your parents, robots? Original comment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: parent-as-a-team.jpg (95 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
parent-as-a-team.jpg
95 KB, 300x300
How is your relationship with your parents, robots?
Original comment
>>
They are like the best most caring parents. I'm using this for my advantage, manipulating them for money and help with shit. I have no idea where they went wrong with me tbqh.
>>
Good enough where they've let me live with them for 29 years without me contributing a single cent.

Good enough to where they still ask me want I want from the shop.

Good enough to where they've let me take over their entire garage with my gym equipment.

Good enough to where they always want me to come with them when visiting grand-parents place.

Good enough to where they bought me a $2,000 suit for my sisters wedding

They've accepted me as their "weird" child.
>>
>>29623647
Better than it used to, it was so fucking bad when I was teenager jesus fucking christ.

>Constantly snooping on me
>Constantly just showing up at places I was at
>Constantly catching me doing drugs
>Constantly fighting with me
>Constantly trying to get me do all the normie shit my brother does

I dont blame them, I was a massive piece of shit as a teen. Im not a neet by any means, I just dont really give a shit about life, and that worries the fuck out of them because they know ill probably end up in some trailer park at some point in my life.

They're nice people though, and I do love them very much.
>>
>>29623867
wanna move to Nevada with me and live in a trailer and do drugs and stuff
>>
>>29623647
My father has left us since I was little and he refuses any sort of contact with us. Here in KSA you're "wali" has to consent for you to be allowed to travel abroad. I have lost a shitton of chances and scholarships even though I put a lot of effort into my studying. I wish I'd burn him down and his shitty house.
My mum's cool tho.
>>
>>29623918
>your "wali"*
>>
>>29623891
>Nevada
Disgusting

Portland or some shithole in washington like vancouver sounds better desu
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>29623647
Relationship with mom is okay I guess. She's kind of overbearing and honestly it's had an effect on me to the point that I'm kind of afraid to move out. I get frustrated because she's constantly drunk and begging me not to move out. She can be kind of manipulative at times. It definitely verges on being an unhealthy relationship.

As you can probably guess, I haven't seen my dad in over ten years.
>>
Chad dad, but we respect and get along with each other quite well

My mom is kinda dumb but had good taste in books so we have things to talk about.

He says im a stubborn intellectual but he is proud of me, she says im a jerk.
>>
>>29623918
>KSA
are you Saudi ?!?!?!?!
>>
>>29624527
Yup I am
>>
>>29624971
>wali has to consent for you to be allowed to travel abroad
So you're a girl? how old r u?
>>
>>29623647
Mother's dead. Father's nice but kind of loath me for being such an incompetent fuck.
>>
>>29623647
I have a good relationship with my mom. Despite having 2 other siblings we both spent the most time together when we were younger. Not because I was a mommas boy but because we were both chill and got each other. Still see her frequently and take her out to eat to catch up.

My relationship with Dad is rocky. By the time I was born he stopped giving a shit about the family and left to cheat on my mom. My other 2 siblings forgave him (mainly because they had their time with him) while I still haven't. I was really young when he left while the other 2 were rebellious teenagers so they didn't care at that point.
>>
>>29623960
We don't need more shit holes in portland.
Contribute or gtfo
>>
I love my mom, my dad, and my stepmom; I'm pretty sure they all love me back. There's that, at the very least.

My mom's kicking me out come September but, then, that'll be my 20th birthday and I've still never had a job that I paid taxes on, so I figure fair's fair.

My dad I don't see as much, anymore, but I'm going out with my siblings with him as a late Father's Day gift.

My stepmom's cool. That's about all there ever is to say about my stepmom.

I figure I get to September and either my mom backs down or I become homeless.

Other than that, though, my relationship with my parents is great. I watch Gotham with my mom and talk about music with my dad- he's a professional musician, and I'm a bit of an amateur guitarist.
>>
Haven't seen them in a long time. Ran away when I was 17. 29 now. It wasn't really a rebellion thing, though. We got on okay. I guess I'm just scared to see them again after so long.
>>
>>29627464
Sorry bruv. Your parents hate what a failure you are.
>>
>>29623647
my dad is dead but we had a great relationship, my mom, that relationship is ok, i am trying to make it better but i don't think it will ever be the same
>>
>>29623647
It's decent. I don't talk to them a whole lot, as my sister is always with them constantly bc she has no friends and is afraid to even sit in her room alone (and I thought I was the different one). But me and my father go hunting together every year, have since I was 4 or 5. That's something I'll always cherish. Me and my mom talk about natural health and conspiracy theories sometimes when no one else is around, lest we be called "hippies" or "tin foil hat people" or something. My dad drinks a lot since my mom found out he had cheated on her.

So yeah I'd say it's fairly normal for a middle class white modern American family.
>>
>>29623647
Dad is an overbearing cunt and mother is a schizo who thinjs im against her.
>>
>>29623647
i see them when i go visit my younger brother. they're polite strangers, basically.
>>
My dad died three years ago, mom's hardly in the house
>>
File: 1460228977955.jpg (73 KB, 416x507) Image search: [Google]
1460228977955.jpg
73 KB, 416x507
Pretty bad.
Sure, my mom is the nicest person on earth towards me, but that's only on the surface.
Truth is, I know she's ashamed about me, and how I never amounted to anything. She's tried everything she could to help me, and nothing has worked. It's been over 18 years now, and it's a failed cause. I'm a failed cause.
Worst is, I live with her, after I failed school and got kicked out of my apartment. Everyday is suffering, not just for her, but for me as well. I'm a walking, constant reminder of failure, a blot of shame upon our already vulnerable family.
My sister made it out fine, and my little brother still has time on his side. But me? I'm done for.
>>
>graduate uni $80k in debt
>temporarily move back home while looking for work
>find nothing for two months, send out over a thousand applications (2012)
>parents start getting antsy
>think I'm not trying
>start giving me shit all the time
>dad comes in drunk one night screaming at me for being a failure
>take a walk, don't get physical
>start openly carrying a knife around because I honestly think he might try to sucker punch me
>he pussies out asks me to stop carrying the knife
>tell him no
>another month goes by
>still nothing
>fuck it
>talk to navy recruiter
>parents tell me their evicting me in 30 days
>tell recruiter
>he comes over to tell them navy won't take me if I'm on the streets
>they agree to suck it up and let me stay if I pay them rent back later
>fuck it, sure
>family's lost all respect for me by now anyway
>eventually leave for navy
>parents act like they're proud and supportive now
>tell them if they try to get street cred from their shitty boomer peers for MY service I'm burning their house down
>they still pretend like they didn't fucking betray me when I was struggling
>eventually paid them back
>stay outwardly polite towards them at family gatherings
>never ever going to forget how they tried to put me on the street

Someday they'll need support from me and I'm going to laugh in their faces and tell them to fuck off. Fuck baby boomers, selfish pieces of shit.
>>
>>29628905
>eventually leave for navy
what rate?
>>
>>29628926
I did OCS, I'm a surface warfare officer.
>>
>>29628953
at least you joined the smart way
>>
>>29623647
Mom died when I was a young kid, grew up with dad (only child). My father is crazy, paranoid, has anger issues, among other things. He was extremely strict growing up which I think really helped fuck me up. We are polar opposites on everything and never had a meaningful relationship. Today I may get a few calls from him a year with generic hihowareyou bullshit, haven't seen him in person in years. Other blood relatives were never really present in my life.
>>
>>29623647
moms a drunk who left with some drugie and my dad lets me live with him but he basically made a new family so it's... meh at best.
>>
>>29626862
portland will always be a shithole my dude
>>
>>29628977
Damn straight. I see these kids coming out of ROTC and the academy and they don't know anything, but I will say they put up with 4 years of navy bullshit before getting any real authority, and I never could have done that.
>>
Dads dead, mum comes around every now and then but we don't really speak, she just tells me to do things and I stand there until she leaves.
>>
Currently: haven't spoken with my dad in maybe four years. I stopped calling him experimentally and he never called back or even asked about me, apparently.

My mom tries to call me all the time and sometimes I pick up. I hate it.

Past: Raised by dad, mom worked constantly. Would have called childhood "normal" except I found out recently that I actually repressed memories of repeatedly witnessing DV and of watching my mom get beaten and raped during their messy divorce and the cops showing up. Then living with chronically ill and depressed mom who was constantly telling me she'd die and generally emotionally abusing me, either screaming and yelling or trying to get me to sleep in bed with her.

Also my mom molested me? But I'm not really into processing that one yet.
>>
>>29623856
Are you ever going to get a job you lazy cunt?
>>
I stopped talking to them despite them being nothing but supportive, I don't feel like going into the details as to why but it just dawned on me today that our family cat might very well be dead by now, It hurts.
>>
>>29623647
What relationship?
Father was an idiot and mother was a cunt.
Moment I left the house I never talked to them again.
>>
They give me money all I want because they are filling the space of not being here ever. When they know I feel like shit, they leave me alone so they don't have to deal with it. They are also overlooking my depressions.
But other than that.. Cool.
>>
>>29623856

At some point anon, you are 40 and your parents die, then fucking what? good luck with the next last 10 years
>>
>>29628905
my father did the same thing with my brother. He wanted to repudiate him when he had trouble finding work. Took him 5 months ! 5 months ! That's all it took for him to throw away his own son under the bus.
By the way, neither me nor my brother were troublesome when growing up. Basically my brother was faultless for 25 years before this happened.
To begin with noone of us, be it me, my brother or my mother were really close to my father. He's always been an annoyance to our family.
After my brother found work, he acted like he wasn't serious about what he said and he wouldn't have done anything.
It's been three years now and my mother just discovered that he has cheated on her, I guess that's the icing on the cake.

Fuck him.

Btw, I feel exactly the same as you for when he will be the one in the need. My mother has always been of great support so I'll help her. But my father, he can forget about any help from me later on.
>>
>>29630581
Not them but if they inherit the house then they could rent out a room or two and be set.
>>
>>29630581
my parents are 56 and 64 and their parents are still alive.

you say it like its 10 years? it could be10 minutes, 10 days, 10 months, 10 years, 30 years - can't live with that mindset, and I could say the same thing about you in any other scenario.
>>
>>29627464

>be a stupid cunt
>kicked out by parents
>yeah they're great lol xd
>>
> parents divorced, live with mother
> father is weirdo but loving, mother is lazy fat bitch
> distancing myself from them to avoid pain and try to establish my own life
> don't really talk with my relatives

i would like to have a normal family I can talk to
>>
>>29627464
Your relationship with your parents is not great if they're willing to kick you out. End of story.
>>
>>29623647
Nonexistent.
I haven't seen them in over half a decade and I'm much better off because of it.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.