[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mom and grandma offered me to buy me a car, so I can work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: 1465601427313.jpg (401 KB, 884x999) Image search: [Google]
1465601427313.jpg
401 KB, 884x999
My mom and grandma offered me to buy me a car, so I can work as uber/cabify/illegal taxi driver. I'm happy because I always wanted my own car and I love driving (specially in the night).

Any robot here works as uber driver? How's your experience so far?
>>
pls respond

oreganato
>>
File: 1467196626539.jpg (410 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1467196626539.jpg
410 KB, 800x800
>>29621327
make sure to stay safe anon. you never know what kind of strange people you can pick up at night
>>
>>29621327

That sounds like a waste to be honest with you. They're going to be spending at least 15k to buy you a car new enough that isn't a piece of shit.

You'll likely barely be pulling in minimum wage except you'll also have that "investment" riding your ass.

I wouldn't do it.

You seem cute though. Stop posting those pictures.
>>
>>29621705
Well uber has a special kind of deal where they get you a prius or whatever and get you a pretty low leasing rate.
>>
>>29621592
I know. Maybe I could get a carry licence too. I'd feel safer with a gat in my pocket

>>29621705
I've done the math, a 2007 Mazda 6 costs approx. $8800 and full time uber/cabify drivers usually get $1500 a month. Is is in a country where your average minimal wage job pays $450 at best. I could also supplement my income doing rides to the airport as clandestine call taxi, it's normal here in South America.
>>
>>29621734

>Well uber has a special kind of deal where they get you a prius or whatever and get you a pretty low leasing rate.

Are you OP?

I saw ads for that. Realize that those are just to get your money. They likely just teamed up with some financing company and are giving them some business in exchange for what's basically ad revenue. Leasing will still eat into whatever it is you're making. If you're a robot you likely will not enjoy working with people(normies) all by yourself.

Have you looked into what you can expect to earn with Uber for how many hours? I hear what you get has gone down since they have enough people willing to work for peanuts at this point.

If you're OP keep posting those pics. I lied and my dick is hard.
>>
File: 1335847840291.gif (83 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1335847840291.gif
83 KB, 268x265
>>29621825
I'm not op, I just know because my parents were trying to get me to work for uber
>>
>>29621797
>South America

All those taxi-related deaths on liveleak makes me worried.
>>
>>29621797

That doesn't seem like such a bad deal then. I've heard horror stories of people in south america getting beat up by taxi drivers protecting their turf. Maybe it's a lie but be careful anyway. If you can make friends with some other Uber drivers and help each other out/watch each others back.
>>
>>29621845

I see.

Fuck i was hoping OP was qt trap
>>
>>29621855
That would be in violent shitholes like Brazil or Venezuela. Chile is generally as safe as your average American city.

>>29621871
yeah, legal taxi drivers have been getting a bit aggressive against ride sharing drivers but it's mostly safe.
>>
>>29621904

I'm glad you will be safe. Is there some way you could try it out first? Borrow a family car and try it for a night?

I'm from /o/ so i've heard some real bullshit from people throwing away money on cars they don't need.

Please tell me you'll be wearing a qt maid outfit while you drive.
>>
>>29621969
a cousin of mine is getting in first so I could heard his experience and then decide if I get the car or not. In the meanwhile I'm thinking of just driving as part time pizza delivery in the weekends with one of my dad's old cars that don't get much use.
>>
I'd love to do this. Plenty of bars and drunks that need rides home here, but unfortunately no car available. Not even a cheap one, since drunks don't care so long as they get a ride. Fuck not having resources and family to help, this seems like a really good thing to do.
>>
>>29622456

Okay. Let me know once you're ready to move on to the next level.
>>
>>29622500

I don't get you.

Get a job and save up some small change and lease a shitty hyundai.
>>
>>29622537

>get a job

Easy for you to say since you probably have one. No jobs here bro, literally nothing. Have been applying for a decade at every single place, and even convicted felons and pedophiles get hired instead of me. It's bullshit.

Our van needs like a 50 dollar part, but my parents are too fucking stupid to fix it, and I can't find any good schematics or diagrams of our vehicle online so I can't even look for myself. I fucking hate being useless.
>>
>>29622583

Where have you been applying? I got my last two jobs at medical manufacturing places by hearing about them by word of mouth and handing my resume in in person. No online applications available.

/o/ here too. what's the name of the part/van?
>>
>>29622724

It's a 99 Plymouth Grand Voyager, and the guy we spoke to is 90% sure it's the transmission speed sensor. It'll go in reverse just fine, but it won't move an inch when it's put in drive.

Fast food places, sanitation, floor cleaning. The latter of which i'm actually trained for and have supervisor experience, plus I actually -enjoy- cleaning things and making them pretty, if only for a few hours until the doors open. Couple scrapping places around here too, applied to them since about all I can do these days is lift heavy objects. Guess i'm just not qualified for anything + that ten year gap in employment is hard to explain.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.