[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's an "Anon gets transported back to 1999 with his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: bed pepe.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
bed pepe.png
80 KB, 500x421
It's an "Anon gets transported back to 1999 with his modern computer and wrecks kids with his 40 ping and 2000 fps" daydream
>>
>>29619576
okay but that's not exactly how computers and the internet works but hey I'm not the daydream police

Also I didn't have the internet at home until 2002, when I was 17.

I don't know if I should grateful or resentful towards my parents for that.
>>
File: 1466987746887.png (8 KB, 509x619) Image search: [Google]
1466987746887.png
8 KB, 509x619
>>29619576
>it is the summer of 1999
>you are going to see The Blair Witch Project and The Matrix with your high school bros
>later you watch some cool anime and play some MUDs and some Quake
This is the dream. That world is the real world.
>>
File: fashion.jpg (418 KB, 1842x997) Image search: [Google]
fashion.jpg
418 KB, 1842x997
>>29619676
>tfw first discovering Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails and Rammstein and Rage Against The Machine and Slipknot and the whole nu-metal mallgoth boom that coincided exactly with your teenage rebellion phase.
>>
File: 1464507054819.png (496 KB, 990x831) Image search: [Google]
1464507054819.png
496 KB, 990x831
>tfw you will never travel back in time and amaze old timey qts with your technology and stories of the future
> tfw you will never pound Ann Frank's tight little pussy
>>
>>29619753
>rammstein
>Nu- metal
Its an "anon is happy" daydream
>>
>tfw it will never be the summer of 1999
>tfw i will never play Goldeneye, gen one of Pokemon, and Smash 64 with my bro and nextdoor neighbout

>>29619753
is there something similar for the ~13 year olds of this generation? i can't think of anything.
>>
>>29619925
they mixed metal with euro techno, it's nu-metal. Nu-metal was just a blanket term for any sort of metal or even rock band that mixed in other genres, or really any rock/metal band that just happened to get popular around that time.

>>29619931
Not at all.

The mid-late 90s up the the early/mid 2000s was the last decade with a mainstream counter-culture. Marilyn Manson peformed with Eminem at the MTV awards, Korn was on the same top 5 list as Britney Spears and N'Sync, etc. It all died down with like My Chemical Romance and the screamo metalcore/myspace scene that fizzled out a decade ago.

I mean there was kind of the whole Skrillex & Brostep meme from a few years ago but even that is just an old meme now.

The flipside is that at least kids have all of history's recorded music right at their fingertips including our shitty nu-metal and pop-punk like Blink 182.
>>
>>29620002
Rammstein ist Deutsch Neu-hart.
>>
>>29620002
Theyre straight up industrial metal.
Americans only listened to Du Hast.
All metal displays anger, Nu metal is the whiny kid that never got an Iphone, actual metal is the guy who wants to kill you for fucking with him.
And I would think rammstein displays the second kind of anger.
>>
>>29620048
You should read Rammstein's lyrics.

>>29620027
almost quite literally "german nu-metal"

Plus, Rammstein was touring with Korn, Orgy and Ice Cube. They're hardly Skinny Puppy or KMFDM.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.