[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /gentleman/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Leonard Cohen.jpg (284 KB, 600x855) Image search: [Google]
Leonard Cohen.jpg
284 KB, 600x855
>be me
>at college
>female staff member in mid-30's walking behind me
>hold the door for her
>"Thank you, Your mother raised you right."
>mfw
>>
Only supreme gentlemen to be found here.
>>
the fact you are on r9k precludes you from ever being a gentleman, just saying
>>
I do like to help them carry their things. Especially if they're heavy.

But NOT holding their purses while they get banged by Chad somewhere. The greentexts taught me better.
>>
File: 1462443253493.png (14 KB, 646x720) Image search: [Google]
1462443253493.png
14 KB, 646x720
>>29619281
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lin-a2lTelg
Everybody knowsss
>>
>>29619281
I always hold the door open for girls when I get to it before them. A lot of times they comment on it. I never used to think much of it. It just seemed like you're supposed to do it. Now I get a good feeling from doing it since apparently not a lot of guys do it anymore. It feels good to do something small but nice for a girl that doesn't happen to her often.
>>
>>29619786
I used to do it, but I don't anymore. I'm not very attractive and it might come up as me being a "nice guy". I don't want to get called a creep.
>>
>>29620339
The trick is not to act like it's a big deal. Just hold the door. Nobody in real life is feminist enough to get upset at you for being nice. A lot of times they say thanks, other times they don't say anything. Either way I feel good. There's nothing wrong with being a nice guy as long as you don't start to feel self-righteous about holding doors open.
>>
I would've been like

"yeah.....unfortunately" then smirked and walked off. You only live once guys, might as well make it your own movie.
>>
File: ds.jpg (14 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
14 KB, 264x191
>>29619281
>Be me
>Dont hold open door behidn me
>Girl says "well chivalry is dead"
>Mfw chivalry is 99% combat codes and strategies
>Challenge her to dual to prove chivalry is still real
>Chivalry aint dead
>But that bitch is
>>
>>29620588
That's pretty original bub
>>
>>29620602
Its from some comedy routine
I dont remember and I cant find it
But I still dont hold the door open
>>
>>29619786

Dude, what? I hold doors for literally everybody and I've never gotten a comment on it. That's weird
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.