[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some help r9k and /fit/ is full of nonsense and pseudoscience.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1456914489391.jpg (42 KB, 800x479) Image search: [Google]
1456914489391.jpg
42 KB, 800x479
I need some help r9k and /fit/ is full of nonsense and pseudoscience.
What lifting program or routine should I do?
I've lifted in the past and know the proper form for everything, but I was just doing random bullshit and never anything useful. So someone please tell me, what is a good routine?
I tried 5x5 strong lifts for a couple weeks last month, but it only require you to 3 exercises a day and I would finish in 20-30 minutes, which seems like wayyyyy to short of a time for it to be a good or proper workout.

So what do you advise? Not looking for diet advice as I already have that under control and am very good with my diet. I just am unsure what lifting routine to do.
>>
Bumping
Please help any fit robots out there.
>>
>>29619014
you're probably fat and you've implied you're not exercising
lose weight and do cardio
if your bmi is above 24 and you can't run a 5k in under 25min you should not start lifting, but rather eating below your tdee and doing moderate cardio
>>
>>29619337
My BMI is 22, I'm mostly just skinny fat. I haven't exercised in a month or so. The 5K thing sounds a bit excessive, I know that takes many, many weeks to do and I don't see why I shouldn't lift instead.
>>
>>29619014

There's nothing wrong with the routine being short, just be consistent and make sure you are cranking up the weight to make sure you are exhausting after 5-7 lifts.

Also track your progress -- it makes it feel like less random bullshit.
>>
>>29619435
I'm glad that is a good amount then, I really liked the program it just felt too quick to be effective.
It recommends adding 5lbs to each lift every time you do it. Is this something I should do it I am currently cutting calories? The program says I should even if losing weight, but it seems like I'd probably get halted after a few weeks of that at some plateau weight.
>>
Of you are finishing 3 5x5 exercises in 20 minutes you are doing it way too fast, which means you are not lifting heavy enough weights.

Go to /fit/ you fucking idiot. It sucks, but do you really think /r9k/ is going to have better advice for you?
>>
>>29619514
It's usually closer to 30 minutes (2 minute breaks) but a few times it's been 25 minutes or so because I rushed a bit with my breaks from not being winded. Those were in the early sessions where you're meant to start with very light weights, and increase 5 lbs each session.
I would ask on /fit/ but I have 2 in the past, and got 0 replies. I lurked a long time to find anything useful but all I see is people posting their bodies and arguing about whether SS + GOMAD is real.
>>
>>29619388
if you are doing all this for some purpose besides your health and it being an enjoyable hobby, you're going to be as disappointed as almost everyone on /fit/
on the other hand if you're after progress in health and fitness, yes you should pursue a decent cardiovascular system first including all the changes like a more powerful heart, slower heartbeat, and increased capillaries in skeletal muscles
>>
>>29619569
Fair enough, although I would like to lift alongside running (not expecting to make many gains for a while).
I'm not sure if I would consider it for health. It's not for girls, it's so I feel better about myself and how I look in the mirror. Also so I can climb things better. I'm not sure if that's a proper goal but it's what I've got.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcR3FMS9kNU

Check this out. Basicly you cant just do 1 program , you must mix it up. Diet is the most important though, and sleep as well.
>>
>>29619683
Interesting, very helpful video friend I appreciate.
Well I need to head to bed now but thank you for the advice guys. I will be starting tomorrow.
>>
>>29619014
>>29619014
>>29619014

http://stronglifts.com/how-to-build-muscle-mass-guide/
Read this entire thing. Don't listen to anything else anyone says on here.
>>
>>29619014
where can one get a pizza that siez?
>>
>>29619014
You're a retarded fat shit
Read the fucking sticky
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.