[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when was the last time you listend to what your heart said
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: welcome to 4chan.png (157 KB, 1031x706) Image search: [Google]
welcome to 4chan.png
157 KB, 1031x706
So when was the last time you listend to what your heart said instead of the voice in your head?

I would like to know how many people here actually listen to their heart instead of ignoring it.

Because sometimes I have this thing that I can feel two different opinions inside of me. One is telling me to do something good or achieve something and other is just some obnoxious piece of shit yelling and screaming.
>>
>>29618389

>heart: she's your one true love! for real, this time!
>head: you're a fucking piece of shit and you'll never amount to anything!!!

Betrayed by my entire body on a daily basis.
>>
>>29618920
why won't you just follow your heart?

and isn't it more like:
>heart: go talk to her you never know
>head: start imagining tons of things you will do with her, tells you she is the best but because you are a piece of shit you don't deserve anything, etc.
>>
>>29618389
Last time I listened to my heart, I bought a bicycle for $450 instead of saving that money for a car. That was in July 2015. Since then, I've lost 75 pounds, become happy, bought another bike, and I'm getting pretty good. I turn 20 next month. I waw about never accomplishing anything as a teenager, but cycling has changed that. Listening to my heart was a really good decision.
>>
>>29618389
Less than a month ago. I was going to do a Bachelor in Business Administration, but then I had this kind of revelation that made me realize it was wrong. Now I'll be doing a Bachelor in Computer Science.
>>
>>29618389
>tfw listening to my dick instead of my heart and my head
>>
>>29618949

I'm saying our hearts lie to us on a regular basis.
>>
>>29619074
I think our hearts want us the best for us while our thought process indoctrinate our thinking pattern and fuck it up.

We lose confidence because we overthink a lot of things.
>>
>>29618389
I do what my instincts tell me

Head is too logical, heart too emotional and the dick too lusty

half the people I know do think I am a sociopath due to this
>>
>>29619246
Relying on instincts too much is not good tho. Because that means you are letting it take control over you.
Instincts are nice and all but try to learn to control them. It will make you stronger.
>>
I never really looked at listening to my heart as an option. Gonna change that.
>>
>>29618389
My heart tells me nothing other than "I might explode soon. Not telling you when, but soon". Because of this, I rely purely on what my mind tells me to do.

TL:DR my hearts a troll and I use logic 24/7
>>
Last time I listened to my heart I spray painted a dick at the wall of the high school I attended to.
I usually ignore my heart, cause my brain is a pretty cool, calculating, intelligent guy and he's often right, but my heart is a jackass, a pathetic, restless, lazy loser and he's usually wrong to a catastrophic point.
>>
>>29618389
>So when was the last time you listend to what your heart said instead of the voice in your head?
I cant hear my voice of heart. I dont think i'm able to do this.
>>
my heart tells me to threaten or kill my dad while he's asleep in bed
my brains tell me to calm the fuck down and just chill untill i'm finally able to sleep, and then explore my options.

i don't like my heart
as edgy as it sounds, i'll listen to it and have it bail me out when im'cornered. but ot herwise no
brain is good.
>>
>>29618389
>tfw love and ambition comes from the brain
>tfw erection comes from the heart
>tfw that obnoxious voice comes from testosterone which is mainly produced in your balls

Don't listen to your body, listen to your mind

Though if your mind is fucked, then I don't know what to tell ya.
>>
>>29620277
>i don't like my heart
>as edgy as it sounds, i'll listen to it and have it bail me out when im'cornered. but ot herwise no brain is good.

you started typing with your heart those last few words didn't ya?
>>
I make a lot of critical life decisions according to my heart. I can feel an anxiety like feeling when I have to make an important decision and it just becomes clear to me what to do. Then things work out for the most part.
>>
File: Should've planned a bit harder.jpg (68 KB, 735x397) Image search: [Google]
Should've planned a bit harder.jpg
68 KB, 735x397
>>29619104
>We lose confidence because we overthink a lot of things.

It's the other way around

The heart takes over when the mind isn't strong enough

That loss of confidence is just fear disguising itself, and people fear what the don't understand
>>
My heart pumps blood to and from the lungs and then to and from the rest of the body.

Maybe you meant "soul"? Maybe you meant the emotions your mind has? Either way, it's all a subset of your mind.
>>
>>29618389
My heart wanted so many things.

To be good at music

To try stand up

To say fuck the regular life and hike across the USA with the 10k I saved up

But in the end, my head knew me too well. It knew that I could never do those things, let alone do them well.

Both my heart and head have come to an agreement that I wills lither on by in life, doing what I need to get by while enjoying the simple things like vidya, 4chan, and swimming in my apartment's pool. It'll be mostly friendless, definitely gf-less, and most alone by myself. But whenever the day comes that I can't turn back, massive amounts of debt, jail, or just tired of living, I'll end it all.

Just my 2 cents...
>>
Which voice in the head are we talking about here?
>>
>>29618389
Neither my heart or my head "says" anything, I'm just floating along man
>>
>>29618389
>Heart: Talk to her, ask her to hang one day
>Head: Don't do it, it'll go nowhere
I listened to me heart and it got me nowhere. Listen to your head instead.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.