[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw I'm slowly becoming a normie >mfw I wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
>mfw I'm slowly becoming a normie
>mfw I wasn't prepared
please tell me I'm not the only one feeling this feel
I'm conflicted because I used to be a robot for far too long and suddenly I'm doing all the things a grown up is supposed to do
being yourself is not enough
>>
i can relate to this sentiment
>>
I can understand this, I finally got a job and went out with friends and all for a while... I was feeling alienated from myself. I was depersonnalized. This just isn't me. Back to being a worthless NEET
>>
same here senpai, basically happened over the last 2 years (starting uni)
>tfw just not caring about things i would drive myself crazy with
>>
File: 1466382352153.jpg (878 KB, 1424x1080) Image search: [Google]
1466382352153.jpg
878 KB, 1424x1080
>>29617816
>being yourself is not enough
>>29619599
> I was feeling alienated from myself

Don't get attached to your old identity, which is nothing more than your mind's perception of who you are. Change is essential if you want to survive in the world. People have to change who they are all the time.

Your identity is like a pair of shoes. Your old shoes are probably feel comfy, but the soles are falling off, and they smell like shit. The new pair may give your feet cramps, but you'll break them in soon enough. Pick a good pair.

You aren't your ego, so don't try to protect it.
>>
File: 1454833273982s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1454833273982s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>29617816
You're upset? ESCAPE WHILE YOU CAN!!! QUICK!!!
>>
>>29619751
Yeah, this is bullshit. Your brain is pretty much set cement by 25 and anything after that is band-aids and wacky glue.

Ask anyone who has gone to a high school reunion. Everyone is the same.
>>
>>29617816
If you can become a normie, you were never actually a robot.
>>
>>29619802
Or you're just a loser that was never a robot but something much much worse.
>>
>>29617816
Failed normie back on the bandwagon for a short while.
>>
File: albino3.jpg (153 KB, 634x441) Image search: [Google]
albino3.jpg
153 KB, 634x441
>>29619751
Sometimes I want to think like this, but I remember this thinking takes roots in hope and hope has always proven itself being nothing more than fantasy. So I'm still hesitant to try u know? Don't want to get hurt again
>>
>>29619802
Robots are just failed normies. That doesn't mean they can't achieve normiedom, which is the ultimate goal of every true robot. Wizardry is the rejection of that which is normal.
>>
File: 8022931.gif (891 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
8022931.gif
891 KB, 500x500
>>29617816
go for it man. I'm the the same road.... And the other side looks like it has more grass, more life. Theres light over there man. I cant see to far, but its better, I can tell... l

I'll see you on the other side man
>>
OP went out with co workers to a bar and stood autistically silent and just laughing at jokes for 2 hours while drinking the same beer
>>
>>29620772
There's a reason that failed normies are specified as distinct from robots. A failed normie is someone who posts >tfw no gf
because they've gone a year or so without a relationship. In contrast to this, a robot posts >tfw no gf because autistic
or other similar, legitimate reasons.

A normie is the intended evolution of a failed normie, while wizardry is the result of extended periods of being a robot. If what you're saying is true, the following can happen:

Normie > Failed Normie/Robot > Wizard

This is false. A true normie has the chance of becoming a wizard as a failed normie does, which is to say absolutely none at all. By this same token, a wizard and a robot have no chance of becoming a normie.

Normies and Robots exist on completely different paths, with no chance of evolving into their counterpoint. This is the foundation of /r9k/: the societal division between the fortunate and misfortunate.
>>
>>29621882
I consider myself a failed normie.. am i atleast aloud to reply to threads? i don't wanna soil the sanctity of this place by making my own and i'm not a big fan of lurking.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.