[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /straight edge/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 34
File: 4.jpg (96 KB, 701x1023) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
96 KB, 701x1023
>Don't drink
>Don't do drugs
>Exercise regularly
>No sex outside of marriage
>>
>>29617547
sup

How do I deal with the fact that 99.9999% of women are going to have fucked and are degenerate descendants when I do plan to settle with one?

Help me.
>>
>>29617547
Half of these things (so far).
>>
File: 590.jpg (27 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
590.jpg
27 KB, 640x640
>who else /boring fuck/ here

fixd
>>
File: large.jpg (24 KB, 350x412) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
24 KB, 350x412
>drink
>do drugs
>never exercise

i've never had sex outside of marriage (i've never been married etither)

can i be part of the club
>>
>heavy smoker
>heavy drinker
>don't exercise
>eat only fast food

I'm not fat only because i puke most of what I eat and take centrum instead.
>>
>>29617547
Are you a serial killer?
>>
I am the opposite of all those things, except for the having sex bit, although that is unintentional. My life is probably very similar to yours though, so I don't know why you have to be so proud of all these things. We are both on /r9k/ and our lives are both complete shit.
>>
>>29617714
Well the real number if you exclude alcohol is more like 80% by like 25, and the decent ones in the roughly 20% left aren't going to suddenly change. Just try joining clubs or groups like a fish an game club, or art and make connections until you find a possible girl. There are billions of women in the world and you only need one. Alternatively you could find a a girl in a socially stunted country.
>>29617789
No.
>>
>>29617547
ha ha loser
snicker snicker.
>>
Don't drink
Do drugs occasionally
Excersise regularly
Probably die alone

OP you sound self righteous and boring.
>>
>>29617547
I do all of these with the exceptions of exercising regularly. I am way too lazy for that stuff.
>>
>>29617803
Are you a mormon then?
>>
I hate it when I'm straight edge how are you suppose to meet people?
>>
File: 1445259921623.png (22 KB, 217x225) Image search: [Google]
1445259921623.png
22 KB, 217x225
>>29617547
>help old people carry groceries
>open doors for females and males
>smile to people on the street and wish them a good day
>motivate people to do better in real life and expand their horizon

I am the true mastermind
>>
File: HnkdBBz.png (89 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
HnkdBBz.png
89 KB, 256x256
>>29617790
My life is actually pretty good, I only come here to talk to socially inept people.
>>29617820
Enjoy being an alcoholic.
>>29617831
Start exercising, believe it or not you start feeling good afterwards.
>>29617836
No, but I've considered converting.
>>
File: 1448513130076.jpg (50 KB, 566x706) Image search: [Google]
1448513130076.jpg
50 KB, 566x706
>>29617547
thats a funny way to admit to being a kissless virgin OP.
>>
File: 1411133955597.jpg (131 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1411133955597.jpg
131 KB, 640x960
>>29617736
>>29617789
>>29617790
>>29617820
>>29617830
>>29617836
>The pleb shudders at the thought that there are human beings better than it.
>It freezes as it remembers that it has been taught labels for people with ideals and healthy lives and plans for a healthy life. A smug smile appears on its face.
A-autist.
>>
>>29617866
Ah, okay, fair enough. I guess only my life is shit then, and there's some merit to being straight-edge. Maybe all my life has been a ride through the dumpster because of all the drugs and drinking I've done. Maybe I'd be a lot better off if I quit my habit. Still not gonna do it though.
>>
>>29617714
You probably don't.
Most of those girls are single mothers by the time they are 21-23 if they didn't beat teenage pregnancy to begin with.
No matter how mature you are, you're going to start thinking of those years you spent not partying like the girl your with and resent her if she did.
Find one that didn't? You're a piece of shit why don't you have a better job, why arn't you taller, why arn't you more educated, blah blah blah it's the same bullshit as the rest of the girls that ho'd around.
>>
>>29617866
>Enjoy being an alcoholic.
i don't drink

you were wrong

(smugface)
>>
>>29617896
Holy shit do you really not know how to save an image?
>>
File: fagget.png (754 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fagget.png
754 KB, 1280x720
>>29617869
>not seeing yourself like someone who is keeping themselves for your only true love

it is like you are a faggot
>>
>>29617547
TFW i tick all four without having no intention in wanting to.
>>
>>29617954
Then enjoy ruining your lungs? Stds?
>>
File: 1459594262801.jpg (67 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1459594262801.jpg
67 KB, 600x800
>>29617957
>filename
Literally a retard.
>>
>tfw hedon when it comes to substances but disapprove of casual sex

anyone else?
>>
>>29617857
>I think I'll go to a bar and not have a drink
t. no one, ever
>>
File: 1465358935063.jpg (18 KB, 365x363) Image search: [Google]
1465358935063.jpg
18 KB, 365x363
>>29617547
>tfw all but exercise
>all but one of my friends have left me because they think im "too uptight" since I push away all the drugs and booze they offer me
>best friend is also straight edge
>we find cool hobbies to put all our money into
>find out he got a gf recently

Hes gonna start focusing on her and Ill be alone from now on
>>
>>29618017
Bars suck anyway, usually full of idiots and alcoholics.
>>
>>29618062
Just try meeting new people. Do you really think the drugs and alcohol would have improved your life?
>>
>>29617976
literally hitler

(oc)
>>
Drink a lot
Weed every now and again
Excercise very sparsely
Had sex with my oneitis

Should I go straight edge? Someone convince me
>>
>>29618104
are you a dumdum? it's hard to meet new people when you don't drink or do drugs because anyone who leaves their house and socializes does this and they do it almost any time they're socializing.
>>
>>29617547
>tried smoking and drinking
>meh
>tried weed
>meh
>tried mdma, cocaine, hashish and heroine
>meh
>stopped taking drugs altogether, because they actually lower the enjoyment I draw from a given event.
Why do normalsubhumans have to be intoxicated and degrade themselves to feel happy and accepted? Can't they just sit and talk with others without being drunk, stoned etc?
>>
>>29617857
>>29618130

real hobbies? visit a card shop, arcade, or con?

there are social aspects to ANY hobby if you think you need to smoke or drink to be social youre just an idiot

>>29618104
hell no I dont regret the fact that all my friends left me since they left me for a stupid reason and dont deserve me

just sharing a meme
>>
>>29617714
>>29617547
>>29617722
>straight edge
>hanging out in the internet's asshole

Being here is a bigger health hazard, mentally and physically, than snorting coke up your asshole. You're not straight edge. Also because sXe is some 1980s bullshit.
>>
>>29618130
Do you go to college, join an interesting club or maybe a study group? Not everyone who goes out drinks and does drugs.
>>
>drinking right now
>do drugs
>exercise regularly (cycled 20 miles this morning)
>virgin who has phone sex with his ldr
>also vegan

i could be straight edge if drugs weren't cool
>>
>>29618017
I literally did this and how people felt disgusted with my presence there was amazing.

I sipped a red bull and just drank some water. Girls and guys came up to me and asked me why I was not drinking alcohol.
I just told them that I couldn't lose my gains and they would flip the shit out.

>why are you here if you are not going to drink
or
>do you think you are superior to us

how butthurt people at bars can get if you don't have any alcohol beverages is amazing.
>>
>>29617547
>Don't drink
alcohol have no much effect in me, so its useless
>Don't do drugs
im too lazy to do that shit, also im poor and i dont like them really
>Exercise regularly
yes. i like to do that shit so i can eat junk food sometimes and i will be healthy anyways
no sex never because im ugly as fuck
>>
>>29618157
>le 4chan is the worst place on the internet XDDDD
no only easily influenced retards take everything here to heart

>>29618178
even as a straight edge guy I dont judge people for doing drugs or drinking as long as they dont force it on me but
>also vegan
is where the degeneracy comes in

how many piercings and tattos do you have? body mods?
>>
File: IMG_0241.jpg (1 MB, 2319x1839) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0241.jpg
1 MB, 2319x1839
>>29618222
are you saying i'm a degenerate for being vegan? tsk tsk, i thought you could only be a tru sxe'er if u were above eating dead animals.

one tattoo
>>
File: 1466807318703.jpg (54 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1466807318703.jpg
54 KB, 499x499
>no sex

The only one I can manage.
>>
>>29618222
and only easily influenced retards get addicted to drugs & alcohol, same difference.

>is where the degeneracy comes in

take a look at what else is posted here newfraggle.
>>
>>29618254
straight edge means avoiding things that delude your mind and cause harm to your body

meat doesnt do that you cuck

>>29618280
>the point was made and proven by the admitence of something degenerate
>pretending visiting a website is causing you harm
I wonder if all people think stupid thoughts and just choose not to speak them? maybe you should learn that
>>
>>29617547
Me.

I also:
>don't eat pork
>limit my sugar intake
>don't have fucked up fetishes
>whack it twice a week
>no tattoos or piercings
>don't watch anime
>don't play video games
>>
>>29617896
crab mentality mang
>>
>>29617866
>thinking there's no middle ground between being straight edge and an alcoholic
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 675x663) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 675x663
Me. I don't even do drugs cant
>>
>>29618322
>>pretending visiting a website is causing you harm

>pretending drinking a beer is causing your harm

>pretending eating a weed cookie is causing you harm

>pretending having sex is causing you harm

Addiction to any of those things is bad, but like you said yourself you have to be an easily influenced retard to get addicted, and not have self-control.
>>
>>29617547
i do drugs and havent put myself in a situation where i could get a girl in like a year honestly i dont think im capable of becoming so restrained as to be considered str8 edgy but i would like to.
>>
>>29618410
by drugs literally just over counter cough syrup at this point i feel like ive grown out of alot of things other people are preoccupied with i really want to start a business though,
>>
>drink a lot, atleast two beers with each dinner. Sometimes Whiskey as desert
>do quite some drugs, about once a week hard drugs and half a joint before bed
>exercise regularly
> sex once a week

Fuck i don't want to be a degenerate but these things really make my life bareable. I've been labeled depressed by multiple psychologists, and these things are pretty much the only way i get a little happiness. I know it's just covering up underlying problems, but it all seems to relieve stress and doesn't make me think of unsolvable problems.

I'm honestly fucked, and I'm pretty sure i won't survive untill my fourties. It's actually quite scary.
>>
>>29618402
>alchohol and drugs
>regulations on how much you can usek or else you end up in the hospital
>implying you can go to the hospital for soley visiting this website

Ive been here for 5 years and am easily more healthy than you are stop being stupid
>>
>>29618471
>I'm pretty sure i won't survive untill my fourties
I'm glad for that. The sooner a degenerate leaves this world, the better :)
>>
>>29618179
The only place I've ever heard of people going to bars and clubs and not buying drinks is Iceland, buy it at a store, get drunk, then go. But that's more of a cultural thing and they still probably buy one or two it's just not economic to get shit faced that way.
I knew one guy that would go to bars and not drink and he'd complain about it. Really not surprised he turned to drugs to enjoy being around those people.

>>29618147
>there are social aspects to ANY hobby
Bull shit. Besides who can afford fucking hobbies.
How many times do people even ask you why you are on r9k?
>>
>>29618524
>to enjoy being around those people.
That probably sounded condescending, I meant the people he was complaining about.
>>
>>29617975
Or just only have one partner who is clean. You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>29618503
People have died and have let their kids died from being addicted to computers.
>>
>>29618524
because Im ALONE, even through all the hobbies Ive tried out I never really clicked with anyone I met so I end up chilling on most of my days here

>who can afford fucking hobbies

stop wasting money on stupid bullshit YOU DONT NEED, for one drugs and alchohol can cost you WAY more than some fucking hobbies, cable/netflix when you could stream all that shit online, CRUNCHYSCAM, torrent video games just like you download music (and if you dont start doing this you retard), learn to take the buss so you dont have to pay for gas and insurance, get some roommates to cut the cost of living expences, never give money to the homeless or charities or "streamers"/anyone online, and dont do shit that could cause you harm and end up with your ass in the hospital

if youre only spending money on a home and food you have TONS of excess money for hobbies unless youre a neet in which case save up neetbux for those things instead of whatever youre planning on buying

>>29618635
b8
>>
>>29618661
>b8

not b8 bro it's an actual fact, it happens all over the world.
>>
>>29618661
So you're giving me bullshit advice about hobbies that you know from experience doesn't work.
You go on to assume I waste money.

Do you get a lot of people telling you that you're kind of an asshole, or do they just cut contact?
>>
>>29618749
sure sure, but thats computer use in general, NOT only 4chan so its stupid to say that THIS website causes you harm

and even then a lot of things can eventually cause you harm like litterally being outside since the sun can harm you and you can get hit by a car

if you use a computer all day but still eat healthy and take care of yourself it is NOT causing you harm

saying /r9k/ is causing you harm is stupid and making the jump to starving yourself and dieing from using a computer is nitpicking

>>29618793
its not the expirience that hasnt worked its my personality, the original problem was "how are you supposed to meet people without drugs or booze" I told you how to fix that, and yes I AM an asshole and the few friends I keep are amazing people
>>
>>29617547
>tfw a boring fuck who can't make conversation unless intoxicated
still can't get laid while drunk
>>
>>29618842
>if you use a computer all day but still eat healthy and take care of yourself it is NOT causing you harm

http://www.thehealthsite.com/diseases-conditions/6-worst-health-problems-common-with-computer-use-sh214/

If you use it in moderation and exercise and stretch and protect your eyes and take necessary precautions, it won't cause you any harm.

The same is true of taking LSD and drinking wine.
>>
>>29618842
>its not the expirience that hasnt worked its my personality
A lot of people are kind of jerks, at least you seem responsible. Unless your super annoying all the time it's probably not your personality.
>>
>>29618918
yes but using a computer isnt deluding your mind, you could go from using a computer to using a car with ease, the same cant be said about LSD

and if youre not drinking to get drunk THEN its acceptable

>>29618973
Im a judgmental asshole and if you do something that bugs me Ill stop talking to you, the reason it hasnt worked is because I am selective of my friends and sometimes they dont like me even when I like them

you can EASILY go to a college and find some normies to hang out with, but WOULD you?

better yet you could go to /soc/ and find people to talk to but DO you?

thats how it is with me and all the hobbies I've tried some people I dont like and some people dont like me
>>
>>29619013
>you can EASILY go to a college and find some normies to hang out with, but WOULD you?
>better yet you could go to /soc/ and find people to talk to but DO you?
I can't afford college, simply going to a college and finding someone to hang out with would be weird as shit that probably wouldn't work.
/soc/ had some weird kind of creepy gay guys in my area when I tried talking with people there I'm not into that sort of thing.
>>
>>29619013
>yes but using a computer isnt deluding your mind

Using it to come on r9k, it is in the long term.
>>
>>29619056
thats YOU judging someone the same way I judged a lot of people who were into the hobbies I tried out, you can still go to /soc/ and find people in your area to hang out with but you dont WANT to, I could go and find the people who were into those hobbies to hang out with but I dont WANT to

if you went out and tried out some hobbies and did social things with them you COULD find friends instead of wasting your money on drugs and wanting to kill yourself here

>>29619105
been here 5 years still healthy try again
>>
File: 1466989354297.gif (2 MB, 1200x810) Image search: [Google]
1466989354297.gif
2 MB, 1200x810
>>29617547

I have sex outside of marriage, but I don't drink or smoke or do any drugs.
>>
>>29617547

How the heck did you get here?
>>
>>29619178
Accident, used to go on /ic/ and /v/, kinda kept coming here for some reason.
>>
>>29618146
you obviously never actually tried cocaine, or it was cut to hell and back
>>
>>29619121
>avoiding society and the outside world and not having a social life that is instead replaced with a Chinese finger-painting's board about hating rnomies

>healthy

That is not mentally or emotionally healthy. None of us are.
>>
>>29619357
not based on your judgments on society, as long as you arent hurting anyone and are taking care of your body youre healthy in my eyes
>>
>>29619121
I don't do drugs. Don't really have time or money for friends or hobbies. I got a few friends now but not that I see very often.

Of course I'm judgemental it's just reckless and stupid not to be. Logically why would I wanna hang out with a gay guy? I think that's a mental illness. It doesn't make sense to dislike someone for being sick but it's not like people go out of their way to be around ill strangers on purpose.
>>
>>29619305
Even good cocaine is mad overrated. Absolute shit tier drug and I've tried pretty much everything from oxycodone to DMT.
>>
>>29619432
if you didnt beleive gay people to be ill you'd have some friends, as long as they arent trying to fuck you or mutilate their bodys I see no problem in what people are attracted to
>>
>>29617547
Yeah I'm straight edge by my very nature but I have an eight of weed I need to use up before I stop for good. Being honest with myself, it really interferes with my college classes and it is difficult to control the habit. If I value intelligence so much then why do I smoke weed? So I may or may not actually stop smoking weed but I am at the point of not deluding myself anymore about it and realizing that it is not that good for me.
>>
>>29617547
I don't know if you know that straight edge means more than just /no fun/, it's a specific counter-cultural subset that's based around 1980s punk, metal and hardcore from the DC area. it was mostly a reaction to the AIDS the crack epidemic from that time.

Why you feel the need to bring that label into 2016, I have no idea.
>>
>>29619477
I didn't say gay people. I said gay guys. I'm fine with lesbians.
>>
>>29619605
oh so youre just stupid alright then
>>
>>29617860
You're a twisted fucking psychopath m8, get institutionalized before you hurt somebody
>>
>>29617547
I don't drink (tried it, tastes like shit. I really only drink water and sometimes juice/smoothies)

I don't do drugs (No time, money, or interest for them)

I sometimes exercise. I'll go running or walking. If I'm out at a place with music I'll dance a lot.

Too late for that last one.
>>
>>29617714
>>29617547
How am I going to deal with the fact that the majority of men have been having casual sex and then when I settle down with one he's either going to be unsatisfied or not connect with me because he's had too many partners or is too jaded?

Makes you not even want to try
>>
>>29619617
If you wanna think so you go right ahead, you sound like a repressed closet case.
>>
>Relationships in 2016
just fuck and dump thats what these hoes be doin
>>
File: Deakin-sleepCycle.jpg (80 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Deakin-sleepCycle.jpg
80 KB, 1024x1024
I take acid once every five/six months and that's pretty much it. If i'm with some friends I might have one beer. This is how you become enlightened.
>>
File: omsaf.png (37 KB, 1267x726) Image search: [Google]
omsaf.png
37 KB, 1267x726
>>29617547
>Drink a whole 40 every night I dont have work the next day.
>Smoke weed, dip, smoke cigs, and do schrooms and LSD (DMT soon)
>Exercise much more than you
>No sex outside of marriage by choice
>Not my choice
>>
>>29618357
What the fuck do you do?
>>
>>29617547
>Alcohol
Had it on several occasions and hated it each time; have ingested less alcohol from alcoholic beverages in my life than I have from toothpaste and mouthwash
>Drugs
Only medicinal, when necessary
>Exercise
Very regularly (daily at the moment)
>Sex before marriage
Still a virgin (obviously), but this is just stupid.
What if you marry someone but then the sex is so goddamn awful it ruins your relationship?
What if you can't get married?
What if you just think marriage is stupid?
How the hell is this straight-edge?
>>
>>29618357
Can you guys not spot the obvious Muslim. Kill yourself you terrorist.
>>
>>29620110
>What if you marry someone but then the sex is so goddamn awful it ruins your relationship?
>you can't get better at a braindead physical activity
>not having an emotional connection
>thinking people can actually be bad at sex
Who is this fucking retard
>>
File: e4gjrsO[1].png (962 KB, 982x807) Image search: [Google]
e4gjrsO[1].png
962 KB, 982x807
>>29617547
mfw I quit being straight edge
>>
>>29620166
Let me put forward an unlikely (but possible) scenario:
>Start having sex
>It's ok-ish
>Then they pull out the miracle whip
>Say they can only orgasm if they massage their nipples and navel with miracle whip
>OK...
>Continue sex while they do this
>Their body starts convulsing randomly as they chant in latin
>Starts to hurt you badly
>They bite you and tell you to call them "daddy syphilis" (regardless of the genders involved)
>You do reluctantly and it turns them on even more
>They foam at the mouth and make a noise like a flying saucer mating with a broken computer
>WUB WUB BZZT NHYEEGH
>That's their orgasm
>They do it after two minutes then demand that you sex them like this every night
>Now you have to live with this

I don't see how one would be able to change this.
>>
>>29617547
>don't have fun
>>
>>29617547

for what possible purpose?
>>
>>29617547
I'm trying to go straight edge. Anyone got any tips for me to stay away from alcohol and cigarettes? I'm an ex smoker and I have problems having "just one" drink.

Fuck sex outside of marriage though. That's religious bullshit.
>>
>>29620326
>need to be smashed in order to have fun

sounds like you just dont have good taste

>>29620380
spend the money on other things, cigs and booze take up SO much money that you could spend on food or cool stuff
>>
>>29617547
Most straight edge guys are just butthurt that they still can't handle a measly pint lad.
>>
>>29617896
>i dont partake is some activities so I am better than you

Not really.
>>
>>29620446
>slut fucks tons of guys
>thinks shes better than virgin

literally your argument
>>
Congratulations! All these years on planet Earth and your stupid ass the lesson You Were Meant To Learn was 'do not engage in any enjoyable activities or behavior'....

Brilliant... Simply brilliant... So how's the mediocrity going? I never met anybody who became interesting by demanding that they be perceived as Bland

You remind me of a bacterium, amongst millions of other bacterium on the toilet seat... But your little bacteria insist he is superior somehow because he doesn't enjoy proliferating now I'm too hot girls asses or making people sick and just for the fun of it... It doesn't really matter because nobody notices... Again your bacteria on a God damn toilet seat so shut the fuck up
>>
>>29620418
That's a good idea. I'm an insane gym junkie so I guess that money could be better spent on equipment that will last me years as opposed to alcohol that might last me a week or two.
>>
Can someone please explain why there are so many people in here glorifying drug use? I have nothing against those that want to use recreationally but I see no reason to talk about it like you're better than those who choose not to participate.
>>
File: 1462659396500.jpg (77 KB, 460x628) Image search: [Google]
1462659396500.jpg
77 KB, 460x628
>burgerclap and not 21, so don't drink
>too beta and poor to go out and buy drugs, so don't do drugs
>ride my bike to work, so exercise regularly
>no gf ever, so no sex outside of marriage
G-guess I'm straight edge, huh guys?
>>
>>29620732
>ride my bike to work
Keep it up anon. It's great fitness and you'll get dat dere calves that guys want.
>>
I am, although I have to take narcotics daily for a medical condition. Hope other straight edge folks won't use that against me.
>>
You know this is where I could freak out and kill the thread by telling you you're not a special snowflake for not doing drugs, but I'll refrain, take a hit, and accept that you probably just can't get any because you're really boring.
>>
Sex outside of marriage is not one of Ian's original principles.

>Don't smoke
>don't drink
>don't fuck
>At least I can fucking think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k79RlZHjok
>>
I don't like alcohol. I tried a couple of times but it tasted horrible.
I don't do drugs but I probably would try them at least if I wasn't such an autist and knew where to get them.
I exercise regularly because I fell for the lifting meme. I don't think I really enjoy it anymore but I just keep doing it.
I'll probably die a virgin at this point. I barely feel interested in sex anymore.
>>
>>29620916
>projecting

doing drugs doesnt make you interesting or special EVERYONE does them just go to a rave or concert and youll fit right in normie
>>
>>29617547
Not straight edge but definitely not a stoner faggot.

Had weed a few times; it elevated my anxiety. Only time I ever got drunk was when I went fishing with my dad and he let me have a beer but somehow I snuck five more. Somehow didn't get caught.
>>
>>29620916
>doing drugs makes you cool and interesting

haha are you from a bad 80s cartoon moral of the story section?
>>
>>29617547
>No sex

FTFY
>>
File: sowiecka_zaba.jpg (98 KB, 849x594) Image search: [Google]
sowiecka_zaba.jpg
98 KB, 849x594
>those assblasted normalfags ITT

Good, OP. I support you even though I'm not straight edge.
>>
I only drink beer and smoke Cuban cigars during parties. Other than that I try to workout a few times a week to lose my belly and I havent smoked weed in 6 months since i find it boring and unhealthy for my mind.

Being a virgin sucks...
>>
File: Smoke.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Smoke.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
>>29620916
>this poster

LOL
>>
>>29618254
those childhood stretch marks never go away do they
>>
>>29617547
Straight edge is pretty much code for "high functioning autistic in denial"
>>
>>29618073
You'll rarely find an alcoholic at a bar. Trust me, most prefer to drink at home to avoid the judging stares or others.
>>
File: DSCN0404.jpg (1 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0404.jpg
1 MB, 4608x3456
>you will never have this much fun
>>
>>29620472
Literally or figuratively? Perhaps if you indulged yourself in illicit substances more frequently you'd understand the difference.
>>
>>29621000

Only spastic memers pretend to enjoy the taste of alcohol, particularly spirits. Just push beyond the taste and drink until you become intoxicated, after which you'll be able to slide it down your throat without tasting anything.
>>
>>29621281

>I only drink beer and smoke Cuban cigars at parties
>Sucks being a virgin

You know, I think I know why you're still a virgin.
>>
>>29618280

>only easily influenced retards get addicted to drugs & alcohol

That's really not true though.

A lot of very intelligent people develop drug and alcohol addictions.
>>
>>29623615
Your mom tastes everything when she slides my dick down her throat senpai.
>>
>>29623694
But no, we must be stupid because we hate reality enough that we've dedicated our lives to very, very effectively escaping it.
>>
>>29618503
how many 4chan users have suicided? probably thousands. This place can be at least as bad for your health as any soft drug
>>
>Don't drink
>Don't do drugs
>don't exercise ( i want to change that)
>masturbate 1 time every 2-3 days
>want to leave vidya buy can't
>feel superior to druggies but inferior to full puritan people
>>
>>29617547
>Never touched alcohol
>Never touched a drug
>Starting to exercise
>Have a silver purity ring

I love it when people call me "no fun" because I don't get wasted at parties and fuck casually. It's pathetic, it's inhumane.
>>
>>29623883
Depression may be just the thing to shale things up!

Billy Mays here, bringing you bipolar disorder! Life is boring? Feel like a human being most of the time?

One manic episode and you'll be at the free clinic regretting every moment you spent inside your exes hot slutfriend in no time!

Friends taking up too much time? They're a thing of the past! Family obligations gotcha down? They'll never speak to you again!

But wait, there's more! When the mania abruptly cuts off, you'll be left in a state of crippling dysphoric depression that you'd happily trade for opiate withdrawl!

Self-medicate with pain meds and uppers! Drink yourself blind and slit your wrist! Lose all interest in everything that once brought you joy! Be a novelty to your bisexual therapist who only schedules appointments to make gay propositions and snarky remarks!

If you act now, we'll throw in a lifetime supply of regrets and crippling social anxiety that comes absolutely free with your feelings of worthlessness and fear of losing your mind!

You'll never be flirted with by a pretty girl again without realizing she's a whore who will hurt you the very first time it would bring her any amount of pleasure!

Act now, even though supplies are fucking limitless.

(Just fucking end me, senpai)
>>
>>29624129
Speaking as someone who's type 2, real mania must be fucking insane.
>>
>>29624166
A lot of my cringiest memories are kind of hazy and usually related to the consequences and what I'm later told, rather than little details.

I could easily have knocked my exes friend up or caught something. Not sure which is worse.

But the thing a lot of people overlook is that the transition isn't this jarring thing. It isn't 'here comes the mania! Gotta be ready!' It's 'wake up at a stranger's place on the floor, no idea what I did' if you're prone to substance abuse like I am.

Sometimes it's weeks of hypomania followed by constant suicidal thoughts, sometimes it's a year of depression followed by a nice, even mood.

Being able to feel happy, confident and stable. Meet a girl, get a new job. Life is finally worthwhile. Then it's another fucking blur, everything falls apart. 2 years, 3, whatever. Everything is gone.

No job, ex hates you (with good reason, usually) depressed as ever. I've sincerely wondered whether my life is hell. Like this is my punishment for being a scumbag in a previous life and the day I die I'm just going to start all over and the ride'll never end.

The part that really gets me is that I feel like a functional person for months or years and start rebuilding, then I fucking put a knife in my own back and just go over and over every dumbfuck thing I did to myself and to the people I love.

My therapist said I'm 'a lot of things, but far from stupid,' I told him to sit tight and he'd see.
>>
>>29624383
Just fuck my life into pieces, senpai.
This isn't fun anymore.
>>
I never understood the appeal of being straight edge. There's a myriad of substances out there with such interesting and mind-blowing effects. If you're not a retard, you can use them responsibly with zero negative effects to your physical or mental health. Why would you deprive yourself of these experiences?
>>
>>29617547
Well I managed that easily enough so far.
Anyway good for you, unless you're one of those annoying faggots that try to push your lifestyle on others while feeling superior for it. Which by my account is at least 90% of people who mention being straight edge here.
Thankfully there's not nearly as much of that here as expected. This board is definitely more chill than /a/.
>>29623445
What's the Japanese stuff? I know they pop pills like candy over there if they so much as sneeze.
And do I spy a bag of DMT?
>>
>>29623694
That connection has long been established. Also the link between increased intelligence and mental illness, which I think is the key thing here.
Myself for example, I started drinking to help social anxiety (too scared to even see my dr) and ended up with high blood pressure even after cutting back to sane amounts when I do drink (far less often).
>>29624479
Some people have more fun doing things sober, lucky fucks. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>29617547
>Don't drink
Yes
>Don't do drugs
Yes
>Exercise regularly
Yes
Failed. I figured I'd never find another girl who was willing to wait so I had to give in or remain a virgin for a long time.

I'm surprised how difficult it is to find other "straight edge" people. When I tell others that I'm not interested in that stuff they look at me like I've spit in their face. Maybe it's because I live in the sort of town where there ain't much to do besides smoke and drink and people are too tired from the heat, their shit jobs or all their brats running around to exercise.
>>
>>29623615

You're drinking shit alcohol. Try some mid-priced vodka. The best vodka won't taste like anything at all. It's like drinking water. So far Kamchatka and PLATINUM are the only ones that have this property. Give them a shot(or ten). Alcoholic anon here, trust me on that.
>>
>>29624709
Small townbro here. All of the girls around me have kids or are pregnant currently, married and/or hooked on meth.

I have no interest in being friends with thr assholes all around me, I've slept with enough of these sluts to know better, my only friend who lives locally is a pakistani immigrant who says some eyebrow-raising things about pride in his heritage and disdain for western sexual and dating values.

So yeah, I'm pretty much a huge loser, but I still have my looks and I couldn't pick a better sort of people to be disconnected from. Hanging in there.
>>
>>29617547
>go on vacation
>don't fap, smoke, or drink coffee for a week
>come back feeling like a new man
>back to fapping and smoking within 24 hours

I need a healthier environment. I swear the isolation and sterile mundanity of my life is making me sick in the head, and I didn't even realize it until now.
>>
>>29624778
>Try some mid-priced vodka
Stop recommending that Eastern euro shit.

Bourbon, Rum, Whiskey. That's what you want.

You shouldn't touch vodka unless you have an accent or you're a 19 year old sorostitute planning to mix it with Diet Coke on girls night out.
>>
>>29624836
Ah, so you know that feel eh? Yeah I lost my virginity to pregnant girl. She was planning (she didn't) to leave her bf who was a drunk and thought the most romantic thing they could do was get high and fuck at her mom's place.
>>
>>29617547
I guess you could say I'm straight edge. But it's not really by choice. No sex, period. Too autistic to buy drugs. Too autistic to get a fake ID because I'm under 21.
>>
>only thing I do in those is exercise, and not even that much.
Fuck I need to quit smoking at least.
>>
>>29624842
Try hiking or running more. It gets rid of such urges.
>>
>>29624915
Too autistic to buy drugs? Wat

>go to free clinic
>adhd, halp
>adderall generic, under 10 bucks for 30 days worth

>Clinic
>Pain
>get yer tab on

Lifehacks. American culture is built on easy access to drugs, genitals and guns.
>>
>>29624383
For me it's the fucking benzo's. I swear to god, I can handle heroin, I can handle meth, but give me a fist full of counterfeit Xanax, and I'll ruin my life in a week.
>>29624844
Stop being a pretentious fuck, we get it, you're cool.
>>
>>29625039
>clinic
>pain
>get yer tab on

Are you fucking stupid? Did you not realize that they've clamped down on that shit so fucking hard? And generic amphetamine? Do you really fucking think people are just going to throw amphetamine at random adults? That's just not how it works.
>>
>>29625039

>adderall generic

The generics of Adderall are nowhere near the real thing and each one is different than all the other generics too.

They're basically all completely different drugs. The FDA doesn't even test generic drugs, they rely on a flawed honor system. Half the generic Adderall is made in third world conditions in India these days. India is a country notorious for corruption and falsifying drug equivalency data

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ranbaxy-whistleblower-reveals-how-he-exposed-massive-pharmaceutical-fraud/
>>
I am and It's boring as fuck, I just don't want to get fucked up alone, so I never will.
>>
>>29625039
Confirmed for never actually trying this.
The law is all about making the good drugs hard to get these days, even if you really do need them. Especially opiates.
All the urgent care clinics and many regular dr. offices around here (what the fuck is a free clinic?) have signs up saying they don't prescribe narcotics/pain meds for any reason ever.
And all the urgent care places here have signs saying they don't prescribe ANYTHING period. I'm lucky that wasn't entirely true because when I went my BP was so high it was a medical emergency and I did get my heart pills refilled, but I could try there every day for the rest of my life and not get anything that would get me high.
>>
>>29618121
you'll save $$$ and be Ubermensch
>>
>>29618121
Cut back on the liquor. It's a terribly slow and painful way to die. You don't have to stop entirely but it's far better to maybe have 3-5 beers then smoke some weed if you're still too sober.
>>
File: a.png (632 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
a.png
632 KB, 500x667
>>29617547
>don't drink
>don't do drugs
>good 4U big guy
>having sex ever
Off my board normalfag
>>
>claims to be robot
>doesn't do drugs (the ultimate form of escapism)
Literally no excuse with the existance of DNM's
>>
File: 1421800484863.png (147 KB, 313x319) Image search: [Google]
1421800484863.png
147 KB, 313x319
>>29620110
Not OP but I'm not too particular with the marriage bit. As long as it's a serious relationship that are likely to last and all the other pieces are in place, I'd do the sexual compatibility test before getting rings. The point is to have as few sexual partners as possible before finding the one that lasts.
>>
>>29617547
Reporting In, I am kind of jealous that normies get to use alcohol and drugs to cope with their shitty lives and I just have to internalize my feels, but it lets me maintain a moral superiority to them so that feels good I guess.
>>
>>29617866
Why have you considered converting to the LDS Church?
>>
>>29617547
straight edge doesn't talk about marriage.
you can have sex outside the marriage.
you have to do it in a real relationship though, with a person you love.
it was against casual sex with people you don't care about, marriage isn't the question.
it was a punk subculture but maybe you americans are turning it into a moralistic, almost religious cult.
nothing new tbqh
>>
>>29617547
Straight edge is probably the gayest thing ever invented. You might as well be a devote Catholic or a fucking Muslim or something.
>>
>don't drink because alcoholic father
>don't do drugs because too much of a coward
>never exercise because my whole family is lazy and fat
>no sex because intimacy issues
>>
>>29617547
Good for you OP, I stopped smoking completely 2 months ago, only drink rarely now and mostly it's just some light beer and I'm trying to masturbate only once a week now.
I have to say it feels really good having this new found control over myself.
>>
Have been that way since highdcool without even knowing that you call it straight edge
>>
File: 1467276335331.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1467276335331.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29617547
Now THAT's what I call straight edgy.
>>
Dont you have to be training right now, Phil?
>>
>>29617547
>>Don't drink

total abstinence from alcohol is not good

>>Don't do drugs

total abstinence is definitely good

>>Exercise regularly

not just sports, but also lawnmowing, dishwashing, laundry, etc - counted as exercise

>>No sex outside of marriage

when two virgins marry:

- both think the partner is "totally definitively absolutely mine"

- noone comparing "performance" and "equipment" with own ex's

- every pleasure, even the smallest one, is always a first

- continuous reciprocal adaptation: sex is always quality time for both

- romance does not stop the day after marriage

- both laugh at Chads delusions with sexobjectified Stacy's
>>
File: 1464014204517.jpg (212 KB, 546x546) Image search: [Google]
1464014204517.jpg
212 KB, 546x546
>>29617736
>His life is so goddamn boring and shitty he drinks himself into an early grave

I'm the one who gets to laugh.
>>
>>29617547
>Don't drink
Never.

>Don't do drugs
My ADD meds. I'm not gonna tell myself they don't count.

>Exercise regularly
I jog home from work, but that's about it.

Not quite. No sex outside of a committed relationship. Hunting sluts, or god help you, hiring hookers is no better than masturbating to hentai.
>>
>>29617547
>Don't do drugs
Do prescription drugs you've been prescribed by a doctor count? If not, I'm definitely straight edge.
>>
>>29629990
>is no better than masturbating to hentai
and what is wrong with that exactly?
>>
>Patting yourself on the back for taking the most lame of stances

I don't fuck, I exercise every day, haven't done drugs and I drink 4 times a year at most but I don't get any pride from that. Life is absolute shit, I blame no one for escaping it however they can as long as they don't have children and they don't harm anyone else.
>>
Why does drinking have to mean going to a party with a bunch of chads and staceys and waking up covered in your own vomit with no memory of the night before?

Drinking alone in the evenings is pretty comfy 2bh.
>>
File: 1438187443545.png (206 KB, 345x990) Image search: [Google]
1438187443545.png
206 KB, 345x990
I don't drink or do drugs, that's a waste of money.
I do masturbate a lot, and pirate things, though.
>>
File: 1424291680281.png (9 KB, 362x358) Image search: [Google]
1424291680281.png
9 KB, 362x358
>don't drink
Don't like the taste, too disgusting imo and not worth it just to get drunk
>don't do drugs
Too beta to get any or try for fear of fucking up my brain
>don't exercise regularly
Too lazy and am skinny already
>no sex outside of marriage
I'd change that in a heartbeat if I could, as long as it was with a qt

I'm literally the most boring person in this thread.
>>
>>29629840
Not that anon but my life is boring and I know it. I want "intense" experiences but I'm not very interested in bungee jumping/travelling/zorbing/clubbing/having fivesomse/etc. I don't have the resources to get into storm chasing although it's something I wish I could do. It's far easier to put a pill in your mouth.
>>
This is the easiest way to spot a normie, just say you don't drink and they get fucking furious

it's hilarious how much they care about other peoples' choices, it's like they think you not drinking is a personal statement against them drinking
>>
File: 1422762236750.png (120 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1422762236750.png
120 KB, 500x500
>>29629618
>total abstinence from alcohol is not good
Explain this to me. I think it sounds like a great idea.
>>
>>29630728
All drinkers are aware of how stupid drinking is. Seeing a non-drinker in their vicinity will remind them that it's actually possible to not choose drinking; Revealing how weak they were for caving to peer pressure.
>>
>>29632085
or maybe they just want to and arent used to people who never drink so its out the ordinary for them to meet someone that never drinks
>>
>>29632178
Then the reaction would be curiosity and not an instant knee-jerk reaction consisting of a barrage of insults and accusations.
proof: This thread
>>
>>29617973
same here

>Don't drink
Too poor to buy booze.

>Don't do drugs
Too poor to buy drugs.

>Exercise regularly
No willpower to engage in any activity other than mindlessly browsing imageboards and playing vidya.

I'm utterly bereft of almost all sort of social interaction so...
>>
>>29630728

you're a retard, lots of fucks-ups drink as a form of self medication
>>
>>29618357
do you literally stare at the wall the entire day
>>
File: sgvy-e8-i7-p3.jpg (38 KB, 320x230) Image search: [Google]
sgvy-e8-i7-p3.jpg
38 KB, 320x230
>"I only drink for the taste."
But you still get drunk.

>"I'm a moderate drinker."
In a world where the baseline is beyond fucked up.

>"I'm not one of those who get black-out drunk."
No, you "only" get very intoxicated. Like playing WoW 8 hours every day and calling the guy who pulls 16 a no-lifer.

>"I only had a little."
You had half of a wine bottle.

>"You don't get DRUNK on this."
No but you get halfway there which is still bad.

I've lost the ability to trust people who drink because it always turns out to be way more than they are implying. Only people who practice total abstinence counts now.
>>
>>29629618
>- both think the partner is "totally definitively absolutely mine"
Treating your partner like a possession is not healthy. You objectify them instead of seeing them as a person. Might as well just buy a body pillow.
>- noone comparing "performance" and "equipment" with own ex's
Isn't this just personal insecurity? If you were confident that you had the best equipment and performance would this still be an issue?
>- every pleasure, even the smallest one, is always a first
Why is being first important? It's not a race. You don't go to the apple store and ask to buy the first generation of iPod.
>- continuous reciprocal adaptation: sex is always quality time for both
From what I have heard, two virgins having sex for the first time is way more likely to be uncomfortable and awkward. Obviously can't speak from experience though.
>- romance does not stop the day after marriage
That seems like a pretty big blanket statement, especially considering that statistically, couples have more sex after getting married than before. My parents just celebrated their 20th anniversary and they're still more in love than anyone I know. I think there's a graph somewhere that correlates partner count and divorce rate, but it seems to me that those raised to wait until marriage to have sex (typically religious people) would similarly be pressured to find divorce more shameful.
>- both laugh at Chads delusions with sexobjectified Stacy's
This just seems like toxic pettiness and elitism. Straight edge is about physical and mental health/discipline, I feel like you shouldn't get off so much on shaudenfraude but I guess thats just my interpretation of the philosophy and you can't really argue somebody's sense of humor. Also, in case you're wondering, my own stats:

>Never had sex, kissed
>Never drank alchohol, soda, coffee
>Never done drugs/smokes
>eat clean
>Lift weights/ bike regularly
>Meditate daily
>Quit porn
>Working on quiting masturbation, currently on a once a week cycle.
>>
>>29626701
Buddy I live in the same america you do.
I TOLD my doctor I tend to abuse drugs and go on binges now and then.

Still got offered adderall, declined because I dislike it. Got offered generic vicodin for pain and declined.

And I'm 25, not in my 30's. Just gotta remember that some places are more likely to have inexperienced doctors who care less.

The real issue is that you have to test positive for an opiate monthly to get a refill, which is no problem if you're getting them for yourself. Only inconveniences legit painkiller patients.
>>
>>29627640
You are going to the wrong clinics.

The place I go only refuses to prescribe benzos and only because the withdrawl can kill you. I go for legit meds that I need, I've never even asked for 'fun stuff' but have been offered a few things.
>>
>>29618322
>straight edge means avoiding things that delude your mind and cause harm to your body
>meat doesnt do that you cuck

I'm sure you do not support animal cruelty that goes on in the factory farming industry (correct me if I am wrong), and yet you support the industry by buying and consuming the products that come from it. Sounds pretty delusional to me.
>>
File: 1389037542363.jpg (62 KB, 496x501) Image search: [Google]
1389037542363.jpg
62 KB, 496x501
Who else /straight edge/ here ?
>no alcohol or tobacco allowed
>no weed
>no rap nigger music
>no interaction with sluts
>no small talk
>no fun allowed ever
>no logical reason given for always dealing in absolutes
>exercise regularly because I want to live a long, uneventful life
>marriage because I want to risk getting divorce raped
Great views on life, 10/10
>>
>>29629840
>he wants to grow old so he can be weak and feeble with dementia but at least you can feel good about being in that state for 10 or 15 years longer than all the normies who had fun lives.
>>
File: 1341451354292.png (180 KB, 338x257) Image search: [Google]
1341451354292.png
180 KB, 338x257
IM S TRSAIGHT EDGE AS FUCK, ALL I DO IS SMOKE WEED
DONT DRINk, DONT FUCK, EDGE AS FUCK, HAHA, FAGGIT
XXXEDGE4LIFEXXX
>>
File: 1436810381818.jpg (8 KB, 182x200) Image search: [Google]
1436810381818.jpg
8 KB, 182x200
>>29617547
>tfw unintentionally straight edge
>never had alcohol because shut in loner since high school with no friends I wasn't interested enough to try
>never had drugs because once again no friends
>pescatarian diet with lots of veggies because of health experimentation and love of fish

To other people I'm a really boring unlikable human being, but I stopped caring about other people awhile ago. It's not really something that matters and I think it's silly that people actually go out of their way to follow it as a way of life, actively trying to be straight edge then using it as a way to feel superior who aren't is just an unpleasant way to live. Do what you want to do, live how you want to live, don't try so hard to fit into an ideal and don't look down on others because they don't fit into your own personal ideals.
>>
>tfw only /straightedge/ because family was abusive addicts
i just want to drink my depression away and die but i also don't want to stoop down to their level
>>
File: dkLJLrt.webm (135 KB, 260x326) Image search: [Google]
dkLJLrt.webm
135 KB, 260x326
>>29634350
Damn dude, have a puppy.
>>
I'm straight edge but I wish I wasn't.

Too beta to try anything and don't have any connections anyway.
>>
>b on serious psych meds
>anything affecting serotonin like psychedelics or ecstasy or even opiates would bring serotonin syndrome (had it once. got coma almost died)
>alcohol could cause seizures or lithium overdose
>cannabis causes psychosis
>stimulants cause mania (inc psychosis)
>don't wanna be hardcore benzo addict
>dunno what whippets would do but too scared to find out

"straightedge"
>>
>>29634444
Why dont you like the straightedge life I thoroughly enjoy it it gives you a sullen sense of superiority over people whom are dependent on the Devils water and the Devils cabbage
Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.