[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCK WHY CAN'T THE SINGULARITY JUST HAPPEN ALREADY GODDAMNIT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: How far to superintelligence.png (90 KB, 1000x560) Image search: [Google]
How far to superintelligence.png
90 KB, 1000x560
FUCK WHY CAN'T THE SINGULARITY JUST HAPPEN ALREADY GODDAMNIT I DON'T WANT TO LIVE LIKE THIS BUT I DON'T WANT TO DIE EITHER I WANT TO BE FOREVER IMMORTALIZED IN CYBERSPACE WHERE THIS BULLSHIT DARWINIAN SOCIAL CLASS STRUCTURE CAN FINALLY FUCKING DIE
THIS IS LITERALLY MY ONE TRUE DREAM, AND I WOULD KILL ANYONE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
BUT IT WON'T FUCKING HAPPEN IN OUR LIFETIMES FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK
>>
Yeah I totally agree. It won't ever happen within our lifetimes, unless we don't recognize how quick it could happen. I don't think it will happen but I like to entertain the thought.
>>
>>29617284
me too.. i don't care how stupid or fictional people say it is, it's something that could literally change the universe and it's not even that unfeasible.
why can't we just have quantum computing already FFS
>>
Good chance it happens in our lifetime
>>
>>29617256
AI development is so all over the place that you can't really chart it as a continuous function.

It will not be a slow crawl toward human intuition that accelerates into a super-intelligence. There will need to be escalating breakthroughs to reach human intuition.
>>
File: spacesurfer.jpg (242 KB, 781x557) Image search: [Google]
spacesurfer.jpg
242 KB, 781x557
>you will never have a cybernetic body that will allow you to to explore space and discover planets no transhuman ever set foot on before
>you will never meditate on an asteroid
>you will never ride alone through endless space, having energy for over a thousand years of space travel
why didn't they make a season 2 of silver surfer? fuck marvel
>>
>singularity

Nerd rapture. It's not going to happen.
>>
>>29617457
We've reached the maximum human intuition possible imo. Are we really getting smarter? It's just the technology that's holding us back.
>>
>>29617256
>we need volunteers for the first human brain/computer hybrid!
>must be of healthy weight and have strong social and communication skills
>>
>>29617545
FUCKING CHADS REEEEEEEEEEEE
FIRST THEY STEAL ROASTIES
THEN THEY STEAL CYBER BODIES
HUMAN UPRISING WHEN
>>
>>29617545
nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! that can't happen!
>>
>>29617507
Like God, space is also a sham.
>>
>>29617919
how is space a sham?
>>
File: CbLpJGwWcAMGtMg.jpg (68 KB, 600x452) Image search: [Google]
CbLpJGwWcAMGtMg.jpg
68 KB, 600x452
>>29617961
The dome.
>>
>>29617545
lmao someone should make a distopian pasta with this as a theme
>>
>>29617919
but why did they have to cancel silver surfer?
>>
None of you actually deserve immortality as you are. Nor is the singularity going to sweep everyone up into techno-heaven.

The religious have their messiah, their rapture, and the common drone has his escape from himself, the Singularity.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.