[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw 25 years old about to start an Information Technology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: pepe.jpg (10 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
10 KB, 234x250
>tfw 25 years old about to start an Information Technology program at a trade college in Utah

What am I in for?
>>
>>29615830
Attend every class.
Do the work.
Don't half ass anything.
Don't take semesters off.

There is no shittier feeling than sinking time and money into college and not getting a degree.

t. Computer Science senior who failed out after going part-time for 10 years
>>
>>29615830
you are 25 yo
too old, it's already over for you
>>
>>29615851
there is no bigger loser than you. you are the king of failures, a shiny side show of desperate sadness in a carnival of unfortunate weaklings. Pity is too good for you. You are condemned by your own feeble inadequacies to drift forever in the infinie sky of meaninglessness.
>>
>>29615851

the program itself is only 9 or 10 months. Its definitely not computer science, its more hands on work like fixing computers and doing server security linux etc., type of shit
>>
>>29615830
The work will be hard, but not all too hard. You'll have to commit yourself and get good grades.

When you are done, if you work in IT, you will be managing PEOPLE more than technology. IT workers are not like programmers where they work alone on important projects. IT workers have to talk to people about their issues with technology, and 90% of the time, the issue is a stupid person. You have to learn to treat them like children with support and patience.

If that is not for you, don't do it.
>>
>>29615851
Fucking sucks man. Almost in your position

Been going to school part-time for almost 6 years now. Still haven't transferred. EE major.

Got no job, no degree, just sick of it.

If I can get a <6 min mile, I'm going to just drop it all and become a green beret
>>
>>29615830
Hopefully something great. I went to a trade IT program and loved it. Only time I enjoyed school past kindergarten.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.