[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what makes edgy fags want to cut? >inb4 muh depression suck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 16
File: 1467168916454.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467168916454.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
what makes edgy fags want to cut?

>inb4 muh depression

suck my dick tbqh, i'm depressed as fuck but i cannot see the appeal. if im going to kms i'll do it in a way that isn't slow and painful to give myself even more depression
>>
BPS, Bipolar Disorder fag here.

The depression you're experiencing being Borderline is different than the normal one. It's a more aggressive, hostile one with extreme mood shifts in a very, very short amount of time. Cutting gives you some sort of control over that. The extreme feelings you're feeling will kind off stop and if you're experiencing chronic feelings of emptiness, which is also normal for borderline, that will stop too. Also it will become some kind of addiction after you've done it a couple of times so stopping isn't easy either.
Any more questions?
>>
>>29615609
Hnnnnnnnnnnggggggg, Fuuuck...
>>
>>29616319
>normal and borderline depression

literally what
>>
>>29615609
>I have self diagnose depression and I don't feel this way so the thousands of people who exhibit this behavior are doing it for no good reason!

Great logical assumption there m8
>>
File: bloodynicebody.jpg (382 KB, 1045x1279) Image search: [Google]
bloodynicebody.jpg
382 KB, 1045x1279
>>29616322
Exactly, fucking hell.
Please somebody post sauce.
>>
>>29616381
>you have to cut yourself otherwise you're not REALLY depressed
Get fucked you colossal wankstain
>>
>>29616381
>thousands of people cut themselves for no good reason

spot on
>>
>>29616358
Well there is no real normal for you but there are times when things aren't as extreme as they can be. If that makes sense.
>>
it's obviously for attention, why do you think they always take pictures/video of it? even when they're "trying to hide" it, they use retarded ways that make it obvious to anyone there's something wrong, so that people come up to them and ask them about it
>>
Meditating and venting emotion in a shitty way. Also got a rush from hiding the cuts.
>>
File: 14632636355198.png (908 KB, 702x918) Image search: [Google]
14632636355198.png
908 KB, 702x918
>>29615609
I cut only for the purpose of cutting out imperfections such as birthmarks and stuff like that. A scar is much cooler looking than some darker colored skin.
>>
>>29616400
>>29616431
shut the fuck up, you fags, I don't go down to where you jack off and slap the cock out of your mom's mouth.
>>
>>29616431
I'm the dude from before trying to explain it. I can say that part of it actually IS attention. I've tried to describe the main part but yes if you really feel that way, feel alone and hopeless you really, really want someone to know since you want someone to save you most of the time. But since people like you exist and say stuff like that it's going to be much more complicated and most people will start to hate themself even more.
>>
>>29616459
>cut out dark skin
>dark skin replaces it

cutfags confirmed autist
>>
I used to cut whenever I had panic attacks. The little adrenaline rush actually feels really good and makes you forget your problems. I never went very deep or anything because I didn't want anyone to notice. Would usually resort to scratching/burns/pulling out my hair and other things that feel good but don't leave much evidence.
>>
>>29616504
The scars I get look more red than a dark tan, it just depends how deep you go.
>>
>>29616518
Also, I never want to cut when I have depressive episodes. I still want to kill myself, but preferably in a less painful and messy way because the rush does not help depression, only anxiety.
>>
I think it's stupid and I do it, but I don't think it's stupid while I'm doing it. It's an overwhelming urge and it feels like the right thing to do at the time.
>>
>>29616565
Ay like I said, it will become an addiction after a while. It also feels satisfying seeing the scars afterwards but I may just be kind of autistic.
>>
>>29616384
It's disgraceful seeing such a nice body looking like this. Stupid ass cutfags.
>>
>>29616622
>disgraceful
>doesn't want to languorously lap up all the blood and then make her bleed more
are you a homosexual?
>>
File: 998798798665.jpg (230 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
998798798665.jpg
230 KB, 960x1280
That's disgusting. Somehow not original
>>
>>29616596

It's a real bummer to look at, for me. Reminds me of my weakest moments.

>oh hey, this is the one that got me put under 24 hour suicide watch at a hospital
>these sent me to a psychiatric hospital
>that one needed several stitches because I was too manic to find a vein and just sliced and sliced at the same spot

No, doctor, snapping a rubber band on my wrist wasn't a good replacement for cutting.
>>
I get off on pain punching myself, cutting, and burning is the best feels like an orgasm
>>
>>29616774
Holy shit I remember the rubber bands the fucking mandalas and aromas. Does this really help anybody who isn't full blown autistic?
>>
>>29615609
gives them an adrenaline rush or something, plebs do strange things to get a little excitement into their lives
>>
>>29616319
you do know that borderline and bipolar are two different things right?
>>
>>29617042
Yes and it is possible to have both things. I'm officially diagnosed after being in a mental hospital for 3 months.
>>
>>29615609
it's generally not done to kill yourself or even put yourself in danger of dying though many people end up going overboard.

for me, it flooded me with chemicals and sensations that made the anger and emotional pain dissipate. a few little scratches and i went from hysterical to completely in control, relaxed and calm. it was very useful when i was out of control with emotion.

even before i ever cut myself i sometimes dug my nails into my skin as a child when i was overwhelmed. it distracts and gives you something to focus on and physical pain is something that you know will go away eventually, unlike emotional pain.

i knew it was an unhealthy coping mechanism and i only did it regularly as a teenager, though very occasionally i still do it when i can't handle things. i never did it very deeply, never told anyone about it until after i stopped doing it and was never in danger of losing my life.
>>
>>29616905
>Why don't you try standing under a really cold shower when you get those feelings?

The only alternative thing that seems to work for me is to do dumb bodyweight exercises until failure, one after another, until everything hurts and I can barely breathe.

>handstand pushups
>regular pushups
>hindu squats
>plank
>pullups
>hanging leg raises
>chinups
>iso hold
>repeat if necessary
>>
>>29617140
you could just punch something harder than your hand

all that anger and frustration literally dissipates in moments
>>
>>29617184
i used to do this.
it's worse than cutting. i fucked my knuckles up (busted, bleeding) so they're now marked and that's more obvious than cuts under clothing, and it also would swell and fuck my hand up for several days. i risked fracturing my hand too.
>>
>>29617158
The thing is that I really want to be in that kind of situation where I break down and start to cut myself. I sometimes see myself doing everything I can to make me feel as miserable as possible. I noticed that cutting works best for me when I'm in a depressed state and burning by putting out a cigarette is more of a thing when I'm in kind of stressful situations.
>>
>>29617184
exactly this >>29617277

cutting is more controlled, you can do it underneath your clothes so no one sees it and it's a fun ritual to clean your wounds and put a bandaid on.

also, i enjoy blood.
>>
>>29617140
I used to (and still do) bite myself or anything firm really hard when I'm stressed, for the same reasons
>>
>>29617277
>>29617313
>hurting your knuckles is worse than this>>29615609

you cannot make this stuff up

they need to test cutters for autism not depression
>>
>>29617348
Well I honestly don't see what's wrong with cutting yourself if it makes you feel better, even if it's just for a moment. I already said that I have no problems with my scars and even like them. Hiding them also isn't a problem for me. So why exactly would I stop? I'm not planning to live much longer anyway so please don't argue with me about some possible future children or something.
>>
>>29617294

I try to avoid it as much as possible, but once something sets off the depression spiral, I get heavy on the self-hatred. Every single bad thing I've ever done or that has ever happened to me runs through my mind. All the "shoulda, coulda, woulda"s that might have resulted in a better outcome that I was too stupid or blind to see. Obsessing over why I'm such garbage who no one will ever love and how easily this suffering could be ended. Eventually, I grab the razorblade or folding boxcutter and sit there for a little while before cutting my arm/wrist/thigh. Some brief self-reflection, then I get the "Ah, fuck. Where's the hydrogen peroxide and bandaids again?" and it's over. Most of the time.
>>
>>29616384
Moar??? Fuuck...
>>
>>29617348
not everyone cuts their veins, dimwit

yeah, fracturing your bones is worse than a little cut on your skin
>>
>>29617348
If they get that clotted and stitched up, it will give them less trouble long term than a broken bone will. Most people don't hit arteries when cutting though. It's very difficult to actually do that, especially if you're not cutting your wrist like a fucking retard. But it's very easy to fracture your wrist when punching metal walls.
>>
>>29617656
Yeah I experience it almost just like that too. The self-hatred together with all the wrong decisions I've taking in my life just completely destroy and demoralize me. Don't you just love buying razor blades together with band aids and/or disinfectant? The pejorative reactions you're getting really are the best thing about all of it.
>>
File: ffsfsfdrwfwe.jpg (103 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
ffsfsfdrwfwe.jpg
103 KB, 422x750
>>29617747
here i'll dump some stuff
>>
File: 1458887437858.jpg (44 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
1458887437858.jpg
44 KB, 680x453
>>29617782
>implying you a strong enough to fracture your own bones with a punch
>implying you can't accidentally cut too deep anywhere on your body
>dimwit
>>
>>29615609
I know exactly what I'd do to OP faggot if he cut himself
>1: Apply pressure to artery in shoulder/, underarm
>2: Apply improvised tourniquet
>3: Call ambulance
>4: Bandage and cuff him to something
>>
File: 1421741100509.jpg (246 KB, 1280x851) Image search: [Google]
1421741100509.jpg
246 KB, 1280x851
>>29617887
Oyu vhae eebn medtu rfo 2 esconds, esbacue yoru ocmmetn aws oto owl in coentnt (0.00% nctoetn).
>>
File: 4342343.jpg (76 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
4342343.jpg
76 KB, 500x435
>>29617887
>>29617918
STOP FUCKING MUTING ME JESUS
>>
File: 1466635375436.png (40 KB, 759x458) Image search: [Google]
1466635375436.png
40 KB, 759x458
>>29617867
do you frequent walled in rooms made of steel beams?
>>
>>29617898
I have fractured toes and fingers repeatedly, when I was so angry that I punched concrete walls or other hard objects. Shit hurts and I was always way too embarassed to get it treated. So now those spots still ache when I lightly hit them because they apparently didn't heal properly.
>>
>>29617898
>thinking that punching walls is any healthier than cutting
>uhhhhhh DUUHHHHH uuuhHHHhMMM
>>
>>29617985
>they ache when i lightly hit stuff now

that's bad? now if you get upset and mad you can just tap them and viola, you in control now
>>
>>29615609
would you rather that they tried to cut you instead of themself?
>>
>>29618018
This is indeed how it works, but then I remember that I have other bodyparts.
>>
File: 313213142.jpg (17 KB, 417x333) Image search: [Google]
313213142.jpg
17 KB, 417x333
>>29617946
I had a metal barn that I used to go out to and beat up when I was upset.
>>
>>29617318
Same here annon, don't know why I started biting my hand but only do it when I'm angry. but not the worst thing I've done out of anger so probably won't stop till it's an issue
>>
File: KKhFLUW.png (784 KB, 696x524) Image search: [Google]
KKhFLUW.png
784 KB, 696x524
ive got a lot of this shit
>>
>>29617883

That and handing them the money with a scar-covered arm. Before then, there's some plausibility that it's not for what it looks like, but after that I don't even get a "have a nice day".
>>
>>29615609
You are the edgy one here. Get out.
>>
File: 34234234.jpg (82 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
34234234.jpg
82 KB, 500x667
tfw my bicep looks practically the same
>>
>>29618033
now the truth has come to light

cutfags just secretly want to cut/kill people, but they settle for themselves so they can blend in with society still, which also explains why they are obsessed with "hiding" it but attention fagging to show thst they are indeed grimdark and will cut you if you edge them too much
>>
>>29618189
nice copypasta senpai
>>
>>29617656
This seems to be the common reason for it, but this is not my feeling.
I do not feel self loathing or like I need some sort of punishment. I do not stew in "I am such garbage, better hurt myself".
I get this desire to do it and detach. I start to float around and want desperately to be involved and invested in something, but nothing sticks. I get distracted seconds into doing anything and my brain is off floating again. It pulses from one short thought to another and feels very racy. I can't turn it off. I will alternate from being in a comatose state to thrashing around, pacing. Everything feels very distant and far away.
After several days of this I will do it. I will spend a good few hours sawing on the same cut to get it nicely deep. I will pack it with salt. I will lick it. I will obsess over it. Then the next few days are spent focused on only that, constantly rubbing my hands over myself, picking at the scabs, etc.
>>
>>29618248

Different strokes for different folks then, m8.
>>
I used to do this a lot, and now I have scars on my arms and I can't wear tshirts in pubic. I always have a long sleeve shirt and it sucks on really hot days.
>>
>>29618168
holy fuck that's nasty
>>
>>29618168
That looks really cool.
>>
File: 424343.jpg (222 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
424343.jpg
222 KB, 1280x960
>>29618497
mine has added cig burns too for that extra nastiness. scars look like lil octopus suction marks.
>>
File: 1466730181692.jpg (50 KB, 599x563) Image search: [Google]
1466730181692.jpg
50 KB, 599x563
I cut for literally no reason.
I probably started for attention or any other shit reason desu, but now I just do it for the sake of it.
No where near as much now that I'm on mood stabilizers/Anti-Psychotics but still, can't stop, won't stop.
>>
I tried cutting once because my girlfriend did it and I wanted to see the appeal. Carved her name on my inner thigh (so it was easy to hide). Did not feel good, did not see why people go it. Scar is still there 10 years later, would not recommend.
>>
Attention whore, poor little depressed pussy ass faggots, weak as fuck and just as useless
>>
So, anyone got any interesting psych hospital or suicide watch stories?

(possible identifying information slightly altered)
>arrive and immediately make friends with guy named Ted
>a large italian fellow from New York
>he's in because he was stopped from hanging himself from a bridge by the police
>he's also fucking hilarious
>dude's got great comedic timing
>majority of his jokes are gay jokes at people or self-deprecating

e.g.
>in group
>I'm leaning back in a chair on the back legs
>he turns to me and whispers
>"Bro, ya gonna fall back and crack your head and I'm gonna hafta blow you back to life."
>I laugh hard while some chick is telling story about how her kid overdosed on heroin and she found it and it ruined her life
>death stares from everyone

>we're bored one night before lights out
>trading stories
>turns into trading sex stories
>out of nowhere he asks, "so how big's ya cock, kid?'
>I'm so shocked I answer it truthfully
>"Interestin'. Uh.. I'm goin' ta bed."
>he leaves quickly
>"odd," I think

Next morning
>"So, hypothetically... if I had offered to blow you last night, what would you have said?"
>Uh... I think.. no.
>"Okay. Let's forget we ever had this conversation."
>>
>>29615609
emotional release. people that cannot properly express their emotions will tend to do physical things to exert this pent up rage or whatever ya wanna call it.
>>
>have stretch marks covering every inch of my upper body
>deeply ashamed
>somehow attention seeking cutfags post their shit online and brag about it

crazy.
>>
>>29619229
kek

stretchmarks do sort of look like cut scars now that you mention
>>
>>29616319
To extrapolate, self-destructive behavior in general gives you this feeling of control. Not just cutting. There's a reason why reckless driving and substance abuse are both check marks for the disorder.
>>
File: slayer.jpg (103 KB, 886x569) Image search: [Google]
slayer.jpg
103 KB, 886x569
cause it's metal as fuck
>>
>>29617158
not to be a shill, but the p90 exercises might be something to look into. they've helped me.
>>
It feels good, that's it.
>inb4 but it hurts you!!! It's impossible that it feels good!
Some people enjoy running marathons eating greasy Mexican food, or getting fucked in the ass. It hurts and people enjoy the pain, that's all there is too it.

I'm over a year clean from it because I didn't want any more scars tbqh, getting a gf made me realize I might be a normie eventually.
>>
>>29619678
That's true I've met people with the BPS diagnosis who did pretty much all of that. It just gives you what you need and pressure go away.
>>
File: backscratcher.jpg (93 KB, 840x630) Image search: [Google]
backscratcher.jpg
93 KB, 840x630
>>29617887
Thank you, stranger.
Much appreciated.
>>
>>29619730
clearly a tattoo, desu
>>
>>29615609
I cut if I experience a deep betrayal or rejection from another person that triggers feelings that are too intense to handle. I can count the occasions on both hands. When someone treats me like shit I usually blame myself, so it's sort of like when people punch a wall or scream in to a pillow because they're sad and angry but I turn it inwards.

The only reason I ever started is because when I was emotionally abused as a child afterwards I felt so angry/upset but wasn't permitted to move around my room or do anything (they'd hear me and had convinced me they could read my mind) and I wrapped my hands round my arms, clawed my own skin in a fit of rage. Insta relief.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.