[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw need job >tfw can't get any ones that aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 216x233
>tfw need job
>tfw can't get any ones that aren't low skill
>tfw can't get phone job because I can't overcome mumbling/weird voice
>tfw can't work kitchen at fast food because I have shit back and can't lift anything above 15-20 pounds
>tfw I can't get NEETbux
>tfw I'll never get that slummy studio apartment
>tfw I'll live with mummy forever
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 350x350
Hmm. Maybe you should just kill yourself, anon.
>>
>tfw I can't get NEETbux

why not? or is there another bullshit excuse you can quickly conjure up.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 231x218
>tfw can't work kitchen at fast food because I have shit back and can't lift anything above 15-20 pounds

Oh shit is that for real? I'm going in for orientation on Friday at Taco Bell. I have a shite back as well, and I didn't know you had to lift shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 320x252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 320x252
>>29612229
IKTF anon. I was in the same boat for years. Then my mums friend helped me retry the NEETbux thing a few months ago, and it was a success.

There's hope for all of us. We're all gonna make it.
>>
I applied to a call center last night

Got an interview for tomorrow

I have broken english and shitty accent and I crumble under stress

Pls wish me luck bros

I need money to survive
>>
>>29612616
Good luck, Pajeet.
>>
I just gave up. I'll wait till my mum dies and then I'll start doing a shitty job
>>
>>29612642
I'm eastern european and I live in canada
>>
>>29612484
Yeah you gotta get heavy boxes out of the freezer dude
>>
>>29612616
Good luck... I thought i was strong willed and quit the first day on the call floor.
That was a month ago and i still havnt applied anywhere
>>
>>29612229

What can you do, Anon?
>>
>>29612681
This, anon. Now technically you could register with Americans with disabilities, but the thing is, Taco Bell isn't required to hire you or anyone. So when they say why, they may say it's not because of the bad back, but it would SO be because of the bad back. It's not really worth it to take them to court over it either.
>>
>>29612681
>>29612735
Well just how heavy and how many times a day?
>>
>>29612787
Idk about taco bell but i worked at mcdonalds. Usually was like once or twice a day, we took turns. They were heavy though like 30 or 40 lbs
>>
>>29612229
can't you rustle up some crippulbux?
>>
>>29612828
Yeah and I'll add to this anon. There are ways to weasel out of it maybe, but seeing as you're probably a male (4chan is 90% male according to moot), then it's just gonna look pathetic and cause a LOT of resentment from your team members, even if you can get away with it.
>>
I posted it in another thread, but whatever.

>hired as a waiter in a pub
>no experience as a waiter whatsoever
>I'm very clumsy, and also tend to zone out
>I'll start tomorrow, and I'm nervous as fuck

I don't want to lose this opportunity to normiefy my life a little bit. What should I even do?
>>
>>29612229
I'm slowly getting >tfw need a job. Got back my uni final semester results but I don't feel capable of doing what I'm supposed to with my major and of course I was unable to find a job before exams meaning I'll have to apply again. I'm considering low tier jobs though it means I'll have wasted a few years that could have gone towards working in the first place.
>>
>>29612928
Fuck! I HATE ROASTIES! They have every advantage in the modern western world. REEEEEEEEE!!!
>>
File: 1411606799504.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1411606799504.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
Retail helped me overcome my stuttering, whispering and fear of talking to strangers.

It did not help me connect with people I'd be stuck with for years, though. My coworkers and I are all bored of each other and my work-centric life doesn't provide me with 8 hours of conversational content 5 days a week.
>>
>>29612828
There's an easy fix to this though. Make friends with somebody and ask them to share lifting loads. I've never worked fast food but I assume this only takes a minute. Tell the guy you have a bad back but need this job, he'll help you out and he may not even ask you to help him but do it if you can anyway, cause if you share the burden it's like 10 to 20 pounds which the OP said he can do.
>>
>>29612588

you can get neetbux while living with your parents?
>>
File: 1428806781588.png (670 KB, 737x691) Image search: [Google]
1428806781588.png
670 KB, 737x691
>>29612229
>tfw applied at FedEx as a package handler
>got hired & went to orientation
>just watched DVDs
>the next day is when the real work starts
>get nervous and anxious af.
>don't show up or call in
>tfw probably fired
>They'll never hire me again now
I feel so fucking bad about it.
It was manual labor, but there was no interaction with anyone except co workers, and they had great benefits for part time...
>>
File: 1403198850058.gif (491 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1403198850058.gif
491 KB, 500x370
>>29614171
Who else likes customers here?
I see the people I work with as unreasonably hostile to the people they serve, as though they came to make their day harder. They're even rude to me when all I do is mind my business.
For me, 50 customers ask me for help daily and I act polite, and go the extra mile, and they always thank me and smile back!
>>
>look for jobs
>this is the first result
remember to vote for Trump
>>
>>29614185
This solution is unreliable. Often times the place is understaffed at any given time, and there's not a moment to spare for someone to come help you do a one man job.

Also, what do you do if your friend isn't there that day to help? What do you do if your boss pulls you aside, alone, and asks you to lift something that is 50 pounds "because you're a strong young man", springs it in on you just like that. You can decline, I suppose, but it'll hurt your relationship with your boss, who may officially fire you for some other reason, or at the very least bad mouth you to your coworkers that you're not a team player.

And frankly, she'd be right to fire you if you're not up front about your inability to do this. But if you're upfront about it, you probably won't get hired in the first place. This job requires that, and if you can't do it, that sucks but it is what it is. You wouldn't expect an NBA team to pay a player who can't do some of the positions at an NBA level, so you can't expect a restaurant to hire someone who can't do one of the standard tasks of working in the back. It's true some counter people never have to do it, but they usually put sociable people at the front, and OP has said that isn't him.

OP you might be one of the few people who legitimately qualifies for NEETbux, seeing as you really can't seem to do anything.
>>
here's what you do

>copy this greentext
>send it into the NEETbux office
>get NEETbux
>>
>>29614261
oh man, thats sick.. maybe it would have been a good opportunity to get your life together

shit happens man, next time it will be better
>>
>>29615742
Yeah anxiety is a bitch, can't count the amount of opportunities I've lost because of it.
At least I have a degree, I guess, even though I have zero work experience
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.